Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I was glad when I saw that they signed Skrillex to do a few tracks for Andromeda, should be pretty cool.

Got a source on this? I'd be more than okay with Skrillex doing this game's mandatory nightclub music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

it would actually be really cool if you could romance the villain

Sorry, most of play video games to escape our marriages, not relive our courtship.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lobok posted:

Or at least one of their lieutenants, like in a Bond film.

"Oh no, I'm trapped." *makes a 'how YOU doin'' face at the henchman* *henchman waits for villain to leave, unshackles me*

*i force-choke the henchman*

preview of the henchperson in question

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it would be cool if the villain could romance the player too

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think it would be funny if the villain is only attracted to one kind of character--like, he's into giant foreheads and boney brows with large jaws and you make some kind of neanderthal as a joke and suddenly he's into you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

marshmallow creep posted:

I think it would be funny if the villain is only attracted to one kind of character--like, he's into giant foreheads and boney brows with large jaws and you make some kind of neanderthal as a joke and suddenly he's into you.

Adjust the character creation sliders juuuust right and the villain falls head over heels for you right at the start of the game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
at the end of the game, after the credits, you get the exact slider codes you need as a cheat code to make the villain love you

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Moola posted:

at the end of the game, after the credits, you get the exact slider codes you need as a cheat code to make the villain love you

*code is scratched on the wall of Ryder's private bathroom on the Tempest*

"For a good time... ;)"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That new thread title :allears:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bloody Pom posted:

Yo, a cloaca is just a butthole, pretty much. In a way, we're all birdaliens cuz we all got a butthole. You still get just as dirty when you gently caress it.

It's a fact.

You think in Mass Effect the cloacans shave like a landing strip down their backside leading to it? Maybe a heart? Bedazzle their scales down there or whatever.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 19, 2016

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Moola posted:

I loving hate that stupid rear end face

i love how it shows up in almost every mass effect andromeda article

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Moola posted:

I loving hate that stupid rear end face

It reminds me of the Dreamworks face.

I hate it too.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Moola posted:

it would be cool if the villain could romance the player too

Imagine the moral outrage among gamers when it is revealed that to get the best ending & stop the badyguy from destroying a human colony and killing hundreds of thousands of people is to agree to blow him...

...regardless of your characters' gender/sexuality.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bloody Pom posted:

Humanity is the cloaca of the universe

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Moola posted:

turn on your monitor

lol fatality

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Jeza posted:

Maybe, but black smear over eyes has been around as a thing in RPG character designers for ages.
Not just RPGs. Pris would like a word with y'all.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It reminds me of the Dreamworks face.

I hate it too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Is it me or does that lady character look really similar to the mom character from Big Hero 6?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

You! You sir, are a cloaca! And you!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hedrigall posted:

That explains quite a bit, especially politics this year.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Just like assholes, a cloaca is perfectly acceptable to gently caress and lick

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've realised what it is that looks funny about that ME:A asari chick you'll have in the party.

It looks like a CGI version of someone cosplaying as an asari warrior. I can't explain it but that's my impression.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Zzulu posted:

it would actually be really cool if you could romance the villain

You could in Inquisition.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can sort of romance a villain in the Mass-Effect-like Binary Domain. You can also kill a character by building up your relationship wih that character.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Binary Domain was a pretty fun game, despite the anime trappings of it. Also, the protagonist looked too much like Adam Sandler.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I forgot to mention that human loving robots is actually an important part of Binary Domain's story.

But it also has multiple boss battles that are like the Reaper larva fight in ME2 but better.

Also, Big Bo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The MSJ posted:

I forgot to mention that human loving robots is actually an important part of Binary Domain's story.

But it also has multiple boss battles that are like the Reaper larva fight in ME2 but better.

Also, Big Bo.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
"That was sa-wheeeet!"

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

The MSJ posted:

You can also kill a character by building up your relationship wih that character

Why does everything i love die :negative:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

You could in Inquisition.

Sort of?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you could romance the evil darkspawn mageguy? that would have been amazing

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The villain of DAI was Sera, so yes.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

You are the real villain because you are playing DAINQ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I wanted to see those DAINQ memes everybody was talking about.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I wanted to see those DAINQ memes everybody was talking about.

:golfclap:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

The MSJ posted:

Also, Big Bo.

Big Bo was the best, I rolled with him and the robot for the whole game because the robot was french and cool.

The dynamic destruction on the enemies was pretty rad, too. It gave your guns a good, punchy feeling.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Mass Effect 3 keeps giving me loading screens about shooting swords out of people's hands and maybe their legs so they fall, but my Vanguard dash doesn't have anywhere near that kind of precision. Lame.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Drifter posted:

Mass Effect 3 keeps giving me loading screens about shooting swords out of people's hands and maybe their legs so they fall, but my Vanguard dash doesn't have anywhere near that kind of precision. Lame.
Well yeah, if you have to use a gun as a vanguard you're Doing It Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Drifter posted:

Doesn't matter, they [Phantoms] can still stab you with the sword stub. Use the Sword Vanguard or the Sword Infiltrator for decapitation funsies.