Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Mess with the beast
you get the least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I liked the decision

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

We might get injured in OT? Playoff chances are low? :frogout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Play to win the war, not the battle.

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
It was absolutely the right decision. Who the gently caress cares if we win the game in overtime? You're just giving us more time to get injured and the skill level of the team is just not high enough to expect another sustained drive right after that one.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NOW the Eagles are going to win out.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I repeat what I said before. Just let us be able to screw the Cowboys somehow, no matter how minor.

Chichevache posted:

Play to win the war, not the battle.

Wentz could use overtime experience. How else is he going to learn games can end in ties? :mcnabb:

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 19, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm beginning to think that the Eagles aren't going to make the playoffs this season.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a new study bible! posted:

I'm beginning to think that the Eagles aren't going to make the playoffs this season.

The insanity that anyone thought they could make the playoffs at all this year outside the time frame of week 1 to week 3

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FuriousxGeorge posted:

We might get injured in OT? Playoff chances are low? :frogout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

except going for 2 is playing to win

should have ran, not passed

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I'm getting excited when the Cowboys do good things in this game.

:barf:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

except going for 2 is playing to win

should have ran, not passed
Should've rolled Wentz out I think

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Dear Dallas,

Thanks so much for doing us a solid.

Now feel free to catch dysentery and die.

Sincerely,

Redslins fandom everywhere

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

predicto posted:

Dear Dallas,

Thanks so much for doing us a solid.

Now feel free to catch dysentery and die.

Sincerely,

Redslins fandom everywhere

Pretty sure it helps us if they beat Detroit next week :eng101:

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Has a 12 and 4 team ever been a wildcard team?

Also Dak just had the second highest completion percentage in an NFL game min. 30 pass attempts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eagles please beat the giants on thursday.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eagles please beat the giants on thursday.

lol

we'll get right on that

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Who's ready to watch Philly on Hard Knocks next summer?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
lol we're playing on thursday? I actually have to go to get on the subway and go to a professional football game on thursday. I have made all of next week's plans based on this game occurring at 1 on a Sunday like a real football game. Well, team should be fresh for a quick turnaround thanks to that bye we had 15 eons ago on week 4. I would have sold these tickets to giants fans if i knew it was thursday, but i already invited family so i'm screwed and now have to actually attend thursday night "football."

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 19, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Giants gonna clinch in the 80s throwbacks :toot:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TeeMerk posted:

Has a 12 and 4 team ever been a wildcard team?

Colts in 2008. They were 12-4 but the Titans started 10-0 and finished 13-3. 49ers were also 12-4 and a wildcard team in 1998 because Atlanta won the old NFC West at 14-2 (And were still the 2 seed cause the Vikings went 15-1).

And related to that, there's been a handful of 11-5 teams to miss the playoffs entirely (Patriots in 2008, one of Elway's teams in the late 80s) and a bunch of ten win teams to stay home (Cardinals, Bucs, and Giants have all done it in the last five or six years).

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles/Giants is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East, going back to 1933.

The Giants currently lead the series 84-79.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles/Giants is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East, going back to 1933.

yeah the cowboys are pretty much collectively our bitches

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

Good for you. The Eagles have losing career records to all NFC East teams, but we're closest to the Giants.

Lane Johnson will return to the lineup for the Eagles this Thursday. He has a 5-1 career record against the Giants.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles/Giants is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East, going back to 1933

The Giants and Redskins started playing each other in 1932 :confused: Even if you don't count their 1 season as the Braves before they moved to Fenway and became the Boston Redskins, it's still the same start year as the Eagles/Giants rivalry, 1933.

(1932 results)
October 9 Boston Braves 14–6 Braves Field
October 23 Tie 0–0 Polo Grounds

The weird thing is the Eagles and Redskins first game against each other wasn't until 1934, even though in the Eagles inaugural season they were in the same division as the Redskins.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 20, 2016

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I just got that from the Giants' wiki page

quote:

The team's heated rivalry with the Philadelphia Eagles is the oldest of the NFC East rivalries, dating all the way back to 1933, and has been called the best rivalry in the NFL in the 21st century.[7][8]

The two citations are from the same article by an Eagles writer in 2008 so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the info is wrong.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

NotWearingPants posted:

I just got that from the Giants' wiki page

The two citations are from the same article by an Eagles writer in 2008 so it's not outside the realm of possibility that the info is wrong.

Hah, the dangers of wiki. Here's what the Giants-Redskins Rivalry Wiki has to say: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants%E2%80%93Redskins_rivalry

quote:

The rivalry began in 1932 with the founding of the Washington Redskins, and is the oldest rivalry in the NFC East Division.

The records to seem to support that so I think this is correct

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
For the second season in a row the Redskins are playing a meaningful primetime game in the Christmas week. Is...is this real life? :ohdear:

Also, the 'Skins are a whopping 2-15 at home in FedEx Field on MNF. That's...insane. I've watched every single one of those 17 losses, I'd wager.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Dec 20, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

Intruder please change the thread title to the AFC South is the best division in football

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The NFL Total Access commercial on NFL network...when it gets to the part with the voice clip of "With the first pick of the NFL draft" plays....it shows Wentz getting his jersey instead of Goff 😂

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Redskins + Primetime + Important Game= me drinking a lot.

\/ Exactly :(

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 20, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

NattyBo posted:

For the second season in a row the Redskins are playing a meaningful primetime game in the Christmas week. Is...is this real life? :ohdear:

Also, the 'Skins are a whopping 2-15 at home in FedEx Field on MNF. That's...insane. I've watched every single one of those 17 losses, I'd wager.

ah, memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-tqLG__Al4

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

It's got to be weird to root for an NFL team that all time has more losses than wins to a divisional opponent.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

It's got to be weird to root for an NFL team that all time has more losses than wins to a divisional opponent.

Or in the case of the Eagles, a team with more losses than wins to all divisional opponents and the only reason it's close in some cases is because they used to win a lot before any of us were born.

Well, at least we have more wins than loses to the ex-NFC east whipping boy Cardinals.

* double checks that on PFR to be sure *

FUUUUUUCK.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Hey wasn't there a game tonight?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

NotWearingPants posted:

Hey wasn't there a game tonight?

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/811075239090290688

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Why do the Skins have 17 home games in that stretch while the Giants only got 8 and the Cowboys of all teams only got 12

I guess people really like watching the Redskins suffer

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Iodised QQ posted:

Why do the Skins have 17 home games in that stretch while the Giants only got 8 and the Cowboys of all teams only got 12

I guess people really like watching the Redskins suffer

The Redskins have played the second-most home games on MNF (18) since the opening of FedEx Field (1997). The Broncos have played the most (19).

Records since 1997:

Broncos: 195-123 (4th best)
Redskins: 138-178-2 (27th best)

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 20, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Death, taxes, Redskins losing st home on MNF. I was really hoping we had gotten over the primetime home losing thing after beating the crap out of Green Bay on SNF, but Mondays are special bad juju I guess

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Who's ready to watch Philly on Hard Knocks next summer?

me i am. i've never watched before but having it show a team i actually care about would be cool.

although learning that jared goff didn't know what direction the sun rises from was fun this year.

edit: also lol skins. join us down in the sewer. everything floats down here.

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NattyBo posted:

Death, taxes, Redskins losing st home on MNF. I was really hoping we had gotten over the primetime home losing thing after beating the crap out of Green Bay on SNF, but Mondays are special bad juju I guess

Something about the swinging gate of Monday night games always seems to slam the Redskins in the rear end.

• Locked thread