Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

MTV's senior political correspondent gets schooled on wokeness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMJvbP3yzMk&t=1950s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lol I'm not watching Bill Maher

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

crosspostin'

pfft classic mistake, buying cheap works shoes when you're gonna be on your feet all day? get yourself some cole haan's or something that won't wear through the sole in a week

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Kraps posted:

I'm the jew trying to figure out how duke discovers all of our plans q

That's what he got his doctorate in, obviously

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

devtesla posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

pfft classic mistake, buying cheap works shoes when you're gonna be on your feet all day? get yourself some cole haan's or something that won't wear through the sole in a week

im the gun that's the third cheapest part of his outfit

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Lol was that guy really wearing thirty dollar shoes with an eighteen hundred dollar belt?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

Lol was that guy really wearing thirty dollar shoes with an eighteen hundred dollar belt?

Jacket: Hugo Boss

Pants: Versace

Tie: Ralph Lauren

Shoes: Payless

what happened there. Do you think he had more 'proper' shoes and they got hosed up so he had to use his side pair? Do you think before he started shooting he had a moment of thinking 'really shoulda worn my nicer shoes because there's no way this isn't what I'm gonna be buried in'?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

super sweet best pal posted:

So who is that MTV thing supposed to be for? The people it's directed at will just ignore or mock it.

It's supposed to brand MTV as being hip and progressive, just like every other thing in this thread. None of it is meant to actually do anything

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

The Kingfish posted:

No

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/elongreen/status/811312587879182336

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

So America is the Death Star in this scenario?

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

devtesla posted:

it's a guy with a southern accent teaching ana marie cox about #winning

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

that doesn't even work because It's not like fuckin Washington knowingly put a secret clause known only to...abolitionists I guess...in the constitution to instantly destroy slavery.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

that doesn't even work because It's not like fuckin Washington knowingly put a secret clause known only to...abolitionists I guess...in the constitution to instantly destroy slavery.

Nick Cage disagrees

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thank you for protecting us from the star wars spoilers

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

devtesla posted:

the death star has a flaw in its design and any hotshot young who could bull's-eye womp rats in a T-16 could blow it up w/ 1 shot SPOILER ALERT

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

devtesla posted:

welcome

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Unless posted:

it's a guy with a southern accent teaching ana marie cox about #winning

That's Trae Crowder, aka The Liberal Redneck. Think Larry the Cable Guy, but woke.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Laphroaig posted:

the death star has a flaw in its design and any hotshot young who could bull's-eye womp rats in a T-16 could blow it up w/ 1 shot SPOILER ALERT

So who's the hotshot kid who blows up America in this analogy?

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That's Trae Crowder, aka The Liberal Redneck. Think Larry the Cable Guy, but woke.

ya, i remember him from https://youtu.be/Ov-ocQpQtrw

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

MizPiz posted:

#MAGA

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

MizPiz posted:

Celery Jello has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Dec 21, 2016

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l71Pvvnp3oE

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

new fave woke bae, screw that guy from orange is the new black

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
underwear help you fight men somehow, is it like that anime with the magic panties?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
For a second there I thought these were two separate images, and was trying to decipher the wokeness of "Do not hold doors"

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Thinx is amazing, this is an email they sent a Jezebel staffer:

quote:

Hey pretty lady,

Wanted to give you the quick low-down on a super fun, *hopefully monthly* event we're kicking off this week! You know how women get paid 78 cents less than men in the US because of the #patriarchy!? Well, we're doin' a happy hour at Pinks in the East Village where women pay 78 cents on the dollar for their dranks! It's our lil' way of stickin' it to the man while slurpin' up some alch.

Plz join THINX for the Gender Gap Happy Hour!

Wednesday, April 6th

6pm-9pm

Pinks

242 E. 10th St.

All well drinks, beers, & a *speciality* feminist cocktail are 34% off (78 cents on the dollar) for ladies! Dudes - deal w your full price bevies #srynotsry.

No need to formally RSVP, just hope to see ya there! Feel free to bring your gal pals to get mildly sloshed on a Wednesday in the name of feminism! ...& if you want to cover it - even better! :)

xo,

Chelsea

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Thinx is cool because from the start they've always been super feminist, so they can get away with stuff like that

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I liked it better when feminist meant being a businessman from American Psycho but without a tie

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Thinx is cool because from the start they've always been super feminist, so they can get away with stuff like that

:chloe:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's totally over the top, I just personally find the genuine feminist/woke liberal stuff less funny than the giant corporations that shamelessly try to sell themselves as socially conscious to appeal to young consumers

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wow I didn't know [THINX CEO NAME HERE] had a forums account.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Feminism is....good?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

devtesla posted:

Thinx is amazing, this is an email they sent a Jezebel staffer:
that's not a bad idea because cheaper drinks are good drinks, but the hashtags are completely unnecessary and stupid. also, this idea exists already, it's called Ladies' Night

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol what? ladies night is about drawing in women so you can then draw in even more men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It's totally over the top, I just personally find the genuine feminist/woke liberal stuff less funny than the giant corporations that shamelessly try to sell themselves as socially conscious to appeal to young consumers

I am agree, I have no problem with THINX but its being at least honest in its crazy lit wokeness.

get that OUT of my face posted:

that's not a bad idea because cheaper drinks are good drinks, but the hashtags are completely unnecessary and stupid. also, this idea exists already, it's called Ladies' Night

Ladies' night is predatory and bad, but gender gap drink night is good because feminism