Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

rujasu posted:

Be more specific? If the armor for Leon is the Golden Armor with the Hand of the Emperor SB, then yeah, that's good. One of the few old Unique SB's which is still worthwhile.

Yup. That and Summoner's Dream for Braska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

rujasu posted:

Be more specific? If the armor for Leon is the Golden Armor with the Hand of the Emperor SB, then yeah, that's good. One of the few old Unique SB's which is still worthwhile.

Neither of them are Celerity characters, so it must be from the buff banner.

Leon's Golden Armor is Hand of the Emperor, a party ATK/DEF +30% buff. Pretty useful in a realm where you have weak physical synergy since it can stack with Shout and Vessel of Fate.

Braska's High Summoner's Robe is perfect on a mage team where you already have a Hastega covered, in particular pairing really well with Vessel of Fate. Summoner's Dream gives MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and Heavy Regen. Krile's Sheepsong and the upcoming Papalymo's Ley Lines are better if you need a Hastega though, but it's still a pretty great SSB regardless.

edit: Summoner's Robe boosts holy damage too, so it's nice for using Alexander and those few Knights out there who can equip them (Celes, Snow, and upcoming Minfilia and Orlandeau)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 20, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh I feel like an rear end in a top hat, I started out going "Man Climhazzard and Finishing Touch, I'm going to rock this fight." Then I loving forgot that you have to set your goddamn SBs all over again in MP, so now I'm sitting here with Sonic Break and nothing else.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh, that's too great. I had a person ragequit the Gilgafight because about 6/8 characters were dead (Moderate death resist? Not enough.), when Gilga was at one pixel of health. But his Tyro had a Meteor queue'd up, and hit Gilga for like 4k. Moments after he disconnected.

Boy do I hope that was an actual rage quit. :allears:

(edit) Jesus christ the Diff 200 version is probably the most fun I've ever had in FFRK. So much action, so many stamps. :black101:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 20, 2016

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I almost wish Enkidu wasn't weak to wind, because everyone and their mother is just bringing in their Clouds/Bartzes/Zidanes/Luneths, and half the time I end up on a team with no wall, hastega, or boostga/faithga of any kind. Granted, I could fix that myself, but I'm too busy running Yuffie with gauntlet and wrathspam Rosa with her medica+raise and a memento ring to power through the Zantetsuken onslaught.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Well, poo poo. On the one hand, OSBfest Banner 1 looks great from OSB/BSB perspective. The only problem is all of the non-Burst+ items I already have. I still think I'll risk a pull due to the holiday mythril, but it's a big drat risk. The only other tempter is banner 2, and that's mostly just for Apocalypse/Quistis' Dress, so it's still a no-go.

I suppose I'll have to give up the shot at Raine's BSB on global. I have it in JPN, but I rarely use the poor bastard because the rest of my mage game there is trash besides Terra's OSB.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

I almost wish Enkidu wasn't weak to wind, because everyone and their mother is just bringing in their Clouds/Bartzes/Zidanes/Luneths, and half the time I end up on a team with no wall, hastega, or boostga/faithga of any kind. Granted, I could fix that myself, but I'm too busy running Yuffie with gauntlet and wrathspam Rosa with her medica+raise and a memento ring to power through the Zantetsuken onslaught.

I actually had the opposite problem, where all my teams were like 6/8 healers and support, and we didn't have enough DPS to overcome Enkidu's healing spam. Then I joined a 7891 room and we got it on the first try with 2 Bartzes and a BSB Gilgamesh providing DPS.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Shock Trooper posted:

oh you better loving believe I'm pulling on banner 1

two TERROR BALTIMORE relics and Platinum Sword. please god, please
This pretty much lays claim to all of my mithril. I'll admit, I was really hoping "Blood Sword" was labelled Atma/Ultima Weapon, because in most of my games she used that weapon pretty much every time she was on-screen.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Jesus these banners have been gutted.

Guess I'm pulling on 1 and 5, TERROR BALTIMORE and Onion Lad are my white whales.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Attestant posted:

Time for OSB banners!

Any of the BSBs on this first banner would be great to get, especially Hamelin since a healer BSB is the only real thing I lack right now. My only dupe on the banner is Arc's robes so I'm probably going to pull only those or maybe Butz's cloak. Vaan's OSB would be cool but it'll be used late in a fight since his BSB is too useful to not fire off asap. Plus using it second would mean having Vaan and Noel's BSB debuffs on the target, which should make his OSB hit extra hard due to having all stats debuffed (multiple times in most cases).

Banner #4 looks decent due to having 2 OSBs but the other stuff on it is kinda bleh, unless you have Cloud's OSB.

Having Tidus's BSB makes his OSB tempting to chase but I think I'd rather burn mythril on FFT and FF14 banners.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
This is the first time I've found mp to be infuriating.

Just had a party that, on paper, could clear the U+. We had three healers, two Lennas and myself on Tyro. Raid starts, Lenna 1 is either defending or casting Protectga and Lenna 2 is, at least, throwing off Curagas. Enkidu is about to spawn, people need to be healed up, and I'm busy casting SG. We get more Protectga because they must stack right :downs: Death followed soon after.

We coulda had it man, we could've been great.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Adel posted:

This is the first time I've found mp to be infuriating.

Just had a party that, on paper, could clear the U+. We had three healers, two Lennas and myself on Tyro. Raid starts, Lenna 1 is either defending or casting Protectga and Lenna 2 is, at least, throwing off Curagas. Enkidu is about to spawn, people need to be healed up, and I'm busy casting SG. We get more Protectga because they must stack right :downs: Death followed soon after.

We coulda had it man, we could've been great.

So many people bring full break and ignore, don't know, or don't care when party members are using SSB/BSB full breakdown moves that they're immediately overwriting with their full break spam.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
My take on the banners; Well, at least I'll be saving 100 or so unless I get a weirdly superdud draw.

Was planning on drawing on all five once for a synergy spread, but 2 honestly would be mostly for 1%/Braskarobe and I'm just not that enthused there.

4 is, as mentioned, fairly hot garbage. I was sure they'd buff that on the lower items(Three out of four of the BSB/OSB set are new, so they're stuck there), but not really!

I'll actually have a higher chance, I think, of getting something I want out of FF5-1, because I'm mostly looking for mage gear at this stage. Ouch.

I might talk myself out of 5 as well, but I have Ninurta already so that makes Eagletalon shiny, and Onionlets look really tempting, even if the odds of getting one or the other sucks and the rest of the banner is mediocre.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

My multiplayer experience so far (this is the 160):

*poke a party*
*"Cannot join, party is full"*
*repeat 15x*

(I couldn't start my own because I only had 30ish stamina or I would have just done that.)

Then the party I manage to get into had no attack break, a Zack with Mako Might and default SB, and a Cloud that died instantly.

Still finished, but no master. And still had fun!

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I've found that I basically just can't play MP right now, my phone is too underpowered for the game and pretty much always crashes at some point between attempting to join the raid and finishing it.

My single-player experience is pretty much butt too, but at least I can play it. Enter a battle, game crashes, restart the game, battle loads, win battle, game crashes, restart game, enter a battle, repeat...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

rujasu posted:

I've found that I basically just can't play MP right now, my phone is too underpowered for the game and pretty much always crashes at some point between attempting to join the raid and finishing it.

My single-player experience is pretty much butt too, but at least I can play it. Enter a battle, game crashes, restart the game, battle loads, win battle, game crashes, restart game, enter a battle, repeat...

I recommend using Bluestacks then for PC. Works better than my android phone ever will. This game runs like poo poo on android.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Finally got the Apocalypse fight down. Thank god. Doing it a bunch has made me love Curaise. I have it at all before today but now I have a fully honed copy for multiplayer.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Finally got the Apocalypse fight down. Thank god. Doing it a bunch has made me love Curaise. I have it at all before today but now I have a fully honed copy for multiplayer.

Yeah, that salvaged my Apocalypse Greg run too. Zantetsuken somehow managed to kill my Arc through Major Death Resistance, and the only other healer was slowed, but equipped with Curaise.

Those were some goddamn tense moments, waiting for their ATB bar to fill, then finally Curaise Arc, allowing me to cast his instant phys blink medica, dodging the next attack thanks to it, and living through just long enough to reapply Protectga again.

So good.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
None of the OSB banners have the right mix of few dupes and useful consolation prizes to appeal to me except banner 3, and I'm probably going to hold off on pulling for it until I see what luck I have with the FFXIV banner, since they appear to run concurrently. I should have 150 mythril by then, and I'll dump all of it into FFXIV if I have to, but hopefully I get lucky and can manage a pull on the OSB banner too.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Attestant posted:

Time for OSB banners!

Let's see here...

Banner 1: Need it, got it, need it, need it, got it,
got it, got it, need it, got it

Banner 2: Need it, need it, need it, got it, need it,
need it, got it, need it, got it

Banner 3: Need it, got it, need it, need it, got it,
need it, need it, got it, got it

Banner 4: Need it, need it, need it, need it, got it,
got it, need it, need it, got it

Banner 5: Need it, need it, need it, got it, need it,
got it, need it, need it, need it

Also, "need" and "got" no longer look like words to me. drat YOU SEMANTIC SATIATION! :psyduck:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Apocalypse Gilgamesh was a success!

It seemed like it would go really poorly at first, with the Aerith in our group using Pulse of Life the very first turn. I know it has a Reraise effect but it would've been better saved for later in the fight, and it looked like we were done for since she seemingly hadn't built her SB gauge enough for when we really needed a full party heal.

But in the end, we persevered. I felt like a hero because after Aerith went down, I busted out Tailwind for healing which kept our party alive long enough to get the victory.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Apocalypse Gilgamesh was pretty fun with my Pecil/Y'shtola combo. Pecil was eating all of the Death Claw hits without getting paralyzed (mythril armlet ftw) and building up SB gauge quickly for Paladin Force.

Y'shtola ate an unbroken Aeroga and died instantly, but we managed to push through the rest of the fight without a Stoneskin refresh. It got really dicey near the end with no healers, and it was so fun. A+++, would raid again.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

My banner selection criteria is simple:

Do I have duplicates, where are the hastegas, which had characters I like, and where is Hope so I can avoid him.

Banner 1 fits every criteria with a Thyrus cherry on top.
Banner 2 is close - I'd like Quistis's BSB but I'll probably just get another spear for Freya.
Banner 3 has an Eiko flute so I'm guaranteed to get it.
Banners 4 and 5 have Hope - gently caress Hope.

First two banners it is!

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

UHD posted:

Banner 2 is close - I'd like Quistis's BSB but I'll probably just get another spear for Freya.

Hell yeah Trident haters represent :respek: I think my plan right now is going to be something like this:

One pull on Banner 1, it has Terra poo poo and every BSB on it is fire. In the sense that it's good, not... not the element you know what I meant. Plat Sword is a dupe but I'll take my chances; worst case scenario it's going to be another 8*.
Zero or one pull on 2, I'm going to think long and hard on that one. I wouldn't mind a IV Medica or anything for X since it's one of my weakest realms overall, I have Tidus' BSB, I don't have a Wall and I'd rather have it for Tyrone since he's the better Wallbearer... but nothing other than Apocalypse and SG specifically entice me and there's the whole Trident hate meme. Not even the possibility of turning it into an 8* will quell it.
Pull 3 will wait on what my XIV pulls end up looking like but it's probably good for one as well. If I get Y'shtola's Burst and/or Mistilteinn on banner 1 then "and" is a surefire pass, if it's an "or" I'm probably going for it, definitely if I get neither. All of the BSBs and Celescalibur are "wants". Shame about White Mage Robe being a dupe, though.
Zero pulls on 4, the decent top end prizes don't make up for the value wasteland that is the bottom four pulls.
Probably one pull on Banner 5 :sigh: unless I'm saved by my XIV pulls by yanking two BSBs, which is not happening, or if I get Deployment Tactics, which is likelier.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Seriously gently caress you if you join a multiplayer party without at least one of: healer, wall, shout, or vessel. Also why do people blow their BSBs before attack/magic buffs are in? Apparently a lot of people are really bad at this dumb phone game.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 20, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

acumen posted:

Seriously gently caress you if you join a multiplayer party without at least one of: healer, wall, shout, or vessel. Also why do people blow their BSBs before attack/magic buffs are in? Apparently a lot of people are really bad at this dumb phone game.

counterpoint: no gently caress you, ya whiny bitch

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beasteh posted:

Jesus these banners have been gutted.

Guess I'm pulling on 1 and 5, TERROR BALTIMORE and Onion Lad are my white whales.

http://i.imgur.com/WzbxokO.jpg

They're not really that different from Japan's compared to the usual. 2 is worse because it doesn't have both Tidus relics and the support BSB is on a much worse character, and 5 is somehow worse despite getting Onion Gauntlets because Noel and Tellah are trash characters and they swapped out the medica for a worse one. But 1 and 3, the best banners of the set, only got better in global and 4 is a shitshow that you wouldn't want to pull on in either version.

Unless you specifically only wanted mage gear out of this festival I think our set is slightly better, at worst a push.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Honestly 5 might even be a wash because Onion Gauntlets are that good so Onion Gauntlets/Flame Fossil is more or less equivalent to Lightbringer VI/Sun Blade, Flame Fossil does kind of make Noel viable, and losing the Raines gauntlets is no big loss, Tellah's SSB is probably a better pull... but man, why in the world is Sun Blade not on there anywhere? That one and Ashe's Defiance were both things I was really hoping to get a chance to pull on for this.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dang Gilgamesh is tough.

Didn't expect AOE Death.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Dr Pepper posted:

Dang Gilgamesh is tough.

Didn't expect AOE Death.

Dr. Mog actually warns you about it!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Honestly 5 might even be a wash because Onion Gauntlets are that good so Onion Gauntlets/Flame Fossil is more or less equivalent to Lightbringer VI/Sun Blade, Flame Fossil does kind of make Noel viable, and losing the Raines gauntlets is no big loss, Tellah's SSB is probably a better pull... but man, why in the world is Sun Blade not on there anywhere? That one and Ashe's Defiance were both things I was really hoping to get a chance to pull on for this.

Yeah, Sun Blade was definitely one I was really hoping would be on a good festival banner so I could chase it without having to pull on a dedicated II banner. And the Emperor event happens before 2nd Anniversary in global, so I won't know if it's on any of those banners for us before deciding if I want to risk pulling Ricard relics to build Holy God Firion...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah, Sun Blade was definitely one I was really hoping would be on a good festival banner so I could chase it without having to pull on a dedicated II banner. And the Emperor event happens before 2nd Anniversary in global, so I won't know if it's on any of those banners for us before deciding if I want to risk pulling Ricard relics to build Holy God Firion...
"relics" lol

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

"relics" lol
He could always draw 1/11 Ricard's armor on multiple rolls!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hogama posted:

He could always draw 1/11 Ricard's armor on multiple rolls!

That's exactly the nightmare scenario I'm envisioning

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Man that Gilgamesh Apocalypse was both incredibly frustrating and VERY gratifying once a team of strangers across the internet and I buckled down. Biggest props go to the man with the Gilgamesh with Gaia Cross drawing and Eiko Flames of Rebirth stopping any Zantetsuken shenanigans, whom without him we would've lost several times over.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had the most amazing Apocalypse Gil fight. We were fine until Enkidu showed up, and he immediately berserked Ramza and a healer. We spent a few minutes barely able to keep up with White Wind, and I assumed the battle was lost. Eventually berserk wore off, Shout got reapplied and we finally managed to kill off Enkidu after a couple more minutes.

Gilgamesh was almost at full HP thanks to White Wind, and our hones were running low. Half the squad was using Attack towards the end, and Zantetsuken killed my Tyro twice despite having major instant KO resist (Curaise is awesome). Somehow, thanks to 2 BSB attackers and 1 BSB healer, we eventually managed to take him out with only one person down. The battle took almost half an hour, but drat did it feel good.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen, Apocalypse Gilgamesh is absolutely not loving around. Bring instant death resist accessories or else Missile is going to poo poo on one of your guys and get you killed by Aeroga or 1k Needles, to say nothing of getting oneshot by Zantetsuken. I finally managed a mastery clear on it because someone brought a Mistilteinn Vanille and that poo poo is bonkers. Wall and Protectga are pretty meaningless for this fight as all the nasty stuff he does bypasses defense, but Shellga is okay versus Enkidu's area effect attacks.Tauntaliate is aces and cancels out Death Claw completely. Don't bother even attempting the fight without a native Hastega by the way.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Heaven Spacey posted:

Don't bother even attempting the fight without a native Hastega by the way.

i just won the fight without a native hastega

... i'd still suggest bringing it

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prav posted:

i just won the fight without a native hastega

... i'd still suggest bringing it

U+ is absolutely beatable without a Hastega in Multiplayer, but Apoc you at the very least want your healer(s) permanently hasted because otherwise you aren't going to be able to keep up, especially if you follow Mog's advice and murder Enkidu before getting Greg into his Bullshit Zantetsuken Zone.

Apoc Enkidu is a giant loving meatwall.

ETB posted:

Dr. Mog actually warns you about it!

Dr. Mog warns you about so goddamn much in the Multiplayer notes that my eyes glaze over and I can't read any of it, to be honest.

Brevity is the soul of wit, kupo, and Dr. Mog is pretty witless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

U+ is absolutely beatable without a Hastega in Multiplayer

so's apoc is what i'm saying. i just did it with three other random knuckleheads.

now do you want haste? yeah. yeah you do.

• Locked thread