Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Regardless, after the specs reveal I think I'll buy a Wii U and wait for the Switch to have a decent library/good sales behind it before purchasing one. It's pretty crazy that for all the success of the PS4, there are almost three times as many games I want to play on Wii U. Granted some of them were Wii exclusives, but still.

I might even get BotW for the Wii U if it's not much different from the Switch version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Kawabata posted:

Regardless, after the specs reveal I think I'll buy a Wii U and wait for the Switch to have a decent library/good sales behind it before purchasing one. It's pretty crazy that for all the success of the PS4, there are almost three times as many games I want to play on Wii U. Granted some of them were Wii exclusives, but still.

I might even get BotW for the Wii U if it's not much different from the Switch version.

install nintendont on the wii side of it and you can play gamecube games as well.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
You can easily tell in this thread who actually owned a Wii and explored its library, and who didn't.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
It's actually not all that crazy that the ps4 isn't the favorite console of rabid Nintendo fans who still want to play Wii games in 2016.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

good wii games:
  • super mario galaxy 2
  • okami
  • kirby's epic yarn
  • mario kart wii

that's all you really need

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Resident Evil 4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Instant Sunrise posted:

good wii games:
  • super mario galaxy 2
  • okami
  • kirby's epic yarn
  • mario kart wii

Look at this scrub who never played Punch-Out!! or Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

also skyward sword if you like zelda.

or i guess if you wanted to play the worst version of twilight princess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Instant Sunrise posted:

good wii games:
  • super mario galaxy 2
  • okami
  • kirby's epic yarn
  • mario kart wii

No More Heroes, Silent Hill

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

smash brothers brawl is worth borrowing so you can softmod the virtual wii to play games from a good system

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's actually not all that crazy that the ps4 isn't the favorite console of rabid Nintendo fans who still want to play Wii games in 2016.

this could be because nintendo is the best developer in the business

bad games in 4k are, unfortunately, still bad games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trails of Cold Steel 3 is a PS4 exclusive now, checkmate atheists

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

i mean except bloodborne obviously

got a pretty powerful pc otherwise, why would i buy a worse machine with 4 years old hardware for my living room

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't play Persona 5 on PC

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I have so many games to play on my 3DS and Wii U that I honestly may not pick up a switch till a year from now simply because I want to get through my back catalogue. I've got every Metroid game I care about, every Zelda game I want to play, Mario games, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Splinter Cell Blacklist (for Wii U) and I'm going to grab Wooly World and Toad Tracker post Christmas. As someone who's running a company and works 60-80 hours a week, that's enough games to last me a year.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't play Persona 5 on PC

this, unfortunately, is a good point

but i'll wait for more price cuts

maybe by then death stranding will be out too

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hey a trailer of Seasons of Heaven got out. Probably won't run on the Switch because it has the wrong GPU though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExCavQVzNrc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the vita is thriving.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Seasons of Heaven is stupid.

Just some indie devs promising an exclusive for a system they don't have a dev kit for and don't even know the specs of in an attempt to get attention.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mario Kart Wii is the worst Mario Kart

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Correct Opinion

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's not Mario Kart 7 or Super Circuit

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That's not Mario Kart 7 or Super Circuit

Mario Kart Wii had black holes for walls that devoured all momentum and an item roulette selection that despises each and every racer equally instead of the usual justifiable range of people in the lead. What can you say about 7 or Super Circuit?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Instant Sunrise posted:

smash brothers brawl is worth borrowing so you can softmod the virtual wii to play games from a good system

This was the best thing I have ever done, with the copy of Brawl that I still own.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Instant Sunrise posted:

what's wrong with smash bros for wii u/switch, is it bad?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Kawabata posted:

this could be because nintendo is the best developer in the business

bad games in 4k are, unfortunately, still bad games

It just gets crazier and crazier that you somehow shockingly don't want a ps4 lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Kawabata posted:

what's wrong with smash bros for wii u/switch, is it bad?

Nothing, it's fantastic.

Twilight Princess and Brawl opened backdoors into the Wii that let you softmod the system.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It just gets crazier and crazier that you somehow shockingly don't want a ps4 lmao

There is literally nothing intriguing to me on the PS4. At least Xbox one has Rare Replay.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Hey a trailer of Seasons of Heaven got out. Probably won't run on the Switch because it has the wrong GPU though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExCavQVzNrc

That looks interesting but some of those animations are terrible.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

greatn posted:

There is literally nothing intriguing to me on the PS4. At least Xbox one has Rare Replay.

Sorry you don't like games anymore

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Guy Goodbody posted:

The beast thing is what jumps at me the most as terribly animated.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The beast thing is what jumps at me the most as terribly animated.

The part where he tosses the dog up a ledge and the dog just stops was my anti-favorite

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, they nailed a fantastic aesthetic but god drat the animations are Bethesda bad.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Theta Zero posted:

Mario Kart Wii had black holes for walls that devoured all momentum and an item roulette selection that despises each and every racer equally instead of the usual justifiable range of people in the lead. What can you say about 7 or Super Circuit?

Most of the track design in both 7 and Super Circuit is really boring

Like Wii has its own problems like bikes being OP and poo poo, but I don't think any Mario Kart will be as bad as 7 or Super Circuit

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm going to go ahead and wager that Seasons of Heaven will never come out for any system

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

greatn posted:

I'm going to go ahead and wager that Seasons of Heaven will never come out for any system

Which is too bad, because if it wasn't a glitch fetch I'd be down to play it

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

well respectfully speaking if i want scripted stuff that looks very good i can always watch a bluray movie on my 4k tv

on the other hand the ps4 does have bloodborne, persona 5 and death stranding (someday) so i might get it in the future after a substantial price cut, provided there's also a good number of interesting exclusives by then

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Guys you're going to need to slow down on the posts informing me that hilarious nintendo superfans don't want ps4's or, in extreme circumstances, might want an xbox one so they can play old Nintendo games. I cannot process this shocking news. It just cannot be true.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

might want an xbox one

i will buy five ps4s before i do that, please dont be offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All Rare games are bad apart from DKC 2 and that's only okay

Nice soundtrack though

• Locked thread