Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Think of the poor celebrities!
(Narrator voice: Lena Dunham is worth upwards of $12,000,000)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Wait what was he wrong about?

poo poo I'm a doxxer I've been distributing and even helping build that DNC elector list.

luckily for you, you don't work as a journalist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah even if I dunno if publishing a public figure's address is "doxxing" necessarily, I still don't get why he felt like he had to do it and I'm not surprised there was fallout over it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also just like, in general, lol at "I CHECKED THE RECORDS ON LENA DUNHAM'S VOTING" as if that matters to literally anyone. Like, the dude who thinks that's hard hitting journalism probably shouldn't be writing anyway, but yea posting someone's address is a poo poo thing to do.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

he was wrong about being fired for telling the truth or whatever victim bullshit he said, he was fired for publishing her address, which is a dick move for a journalist to do.

It was kind of an important piece of supporting evidence to the claim he was actually trying to make, wasn't it?

Like I said, people publish celebrity addresses all the time, context matters, maybe I'm missing something but it seems relevant.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

He wasn't wrong about her not voting in the democratic primary, because she didn't.

she might have, kings county's registration system is really bad and slow to update. i just checked and her registration is currently listed as democratic. i don't have access to ny voterfile so i can't verify she voted in the primary, but there's not really good reason to think she didn't.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tatum Girlparts posted:

he was wrong about being fired for telling the truth or whatever victim bullshit he said, he was fired for publishing her address, which is a dick move for a journalist to do.

It's cute that you believe this.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

It was kind of an important piece of supporting evidence to the claim he was actually trying to make, wasn't it?

Like I said, people publish celebrity addresses all the time, context matters, maybe I'm missing something but it seems relevant.

His case was "Lena Dunham is a registered independent and cannot vote in New York's closed primary"

her exact address in New York isn't relevant unless you doubt Lena Dunham lives in New York; living in New York is core to her identity and not something she would lie about

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

loquacius posted:

Yeah even if I dunno if publishing a public figure's address is "doxxing" necessarily, I still don't get why he felt like he had to do it and I'm not surprised there was fallout over it
I don't know for sure, but isn't where they live the info you need to determine whether you are checking the right voter list?

The voter list isn't state wide.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

it wasn't though? It wasn't important at all, had nothing to do with 'actually she's an Independent so she couldn't vote in the primary for Clinton', and in general was a lovely thing to do considering the context was 'here's why she's a bad person and a horrible lying liar anyway here's here address just sayin'

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

ive spent the last 15 minutes thinking up canadian diseases like

the littlest embolism
thicke tongue (rip)

tourretes syndrome but with apologies for unrelated poo poo instead of profanity
latent 1812ism
hypothermiAIDS
hockey

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

I don't know for sure, but isn't where they live the info you need to determine whether you are checking the right voter list?

well he could have blacked it out.

however i think the correct thing to note here is that both tracey and dunham are dumb as hell.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's not sexism to obsessively research the lives of feminists for any trace of hypocrisy or excess. it's just common sense

Class exclusionary feminism is pushed by neo-liberal academics as a way of marginalizing black feminism while attempting to claim to care about intersectionality, white women suck.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it wasn't though? It wasn't important at all, had nothing to do with 'actually she's an Independent so she couldn't vote in the primary for Clinton', and in general was a lovely thing to do considering the context was 'here's why she's a bad person and a horrible lying liar anyway here's here address just sayin'

Okay I thought it was as evidence that that voter list, the one she wasn't on, was the one she would had to have been on if she had voted.

If it was just a non sequiter you're right he shouldn't have done it.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

however i think the correct thing to note here is that both tracey and dunham are dumb as hell.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he wasn't charged with a crime, he was just let go. apparently vice doesn't want somebody who releases this information, publically available or not, working for them

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The Hunger Games is pretty accurate depiction of where Neoliberalism is taking us

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

She raped her sister. :tipshat:

i'm not defending her or anything, because :chloe:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Suzanne Collins will be remembered. As the Engels of our generation.

Bash the fash lives through her

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Phi230 posted:

The Hunger Games is pretty accurate depiction of where Neoliberalism is taking us

Democratic leaders bragging about the diversity amongst the tributes from their districts.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

he wasn't charged with a crime, he was just let go. apparently vice doesn't want somebody who releases this information, publically available or not, working for them

Because it embarrasses their preferred candidate and her supporters.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

ive spent the last 15 minutes thinking up canadian diseases like

the littlest embolism
thicke tongue (rip)

the maple trots

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

She raped her sister. :tipshat:

Ummm sexually assaulted its very different

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I have zero context for hunger games, nor plan to acquire it

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Phi230 posted:

Ummm sexually assaulted its very different

Sorry, she grabbed her sister, by the pussy.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Guys, Hillary's surrogates are off limits!

just kidding gently caress those blowhards

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlyphGryph posted:

Okay I thought it was as evidence that that voter list, the one she wasn't on, was the one she would had to have been on if she had voted.

If it was just a non sequiter you're right he shouldn't have done it.

yea I'm not sure when he published it since it only really means anything for the primaries, but you totally don't need address proof to say 'someone who's registered I can't vote in the D primaries', it was just a random thing he tossed in for ~some mysterious reason~ and then was upset his bosses apparently thought that was dumb.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

new phone who dis posted:

Because it embarrasses their preferred candidate and her supporters.

it's incredible that they didn't let him go earlier then since he was anything but pro-clinton for months beforehand

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry I'm just used to constant 5-page tangents on grr that lena dunham which get tiresome even though she totally deserves them

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

the maple trots

enough about bernie Bros already, yeesh :rolleye:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

it's incredible that they didn't let him go earlier then since he was everything but pro-clinton for months beforehand

They just finally got their reason when Twitter threw a tantrum over the "Doxxing" of a celebrity whose address you can literally find on the first page of results in a google search for "lena dunham address" before his story was even written.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it is kinda fun that after a bunch of crying about 'virtue signaling' the thread was dominated with people climbing over each other to go "I ALSO DO NOT LIKE THE POTATO SHAPED WOMAN WHO SAID A THING!!!!!"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Ok. That part is true. Obviously we don't k is "the real" reason he was fired. We just know what he thinks, and Vices official reason.

Neither of which are unbiased truth.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

new phone who dis posted:

They just finally got their reason when Twitter threw a tantrum over the "Doxxing" of a celebrity whose address you can literally find on the first page of results in a google search for "lena dunham address" before his story was even written.

yes it was all a conspiracy. it was all according to keikaku. you win.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Ok. That part is true. Obviously we don't k is "the real" reason he was fired. We just know what he thinks, and Vices official reason.

Neither of which are unbiased truth.

well one sounds like stupid bullshit because he wrote plenty of anti-clinton stuff before, and one is an actual ethical breach for most journalists

Serf
May 5, 2011

*INT - BLACK-LITTEN N'KAI - ?????*

*The vast basalt doors to the deepest chambers within the vault of earth slide open, the sound echoing through the city of horrors like the death rattle of a god. Down the steps descends LENA DUNHAM, resplendent in cloth woven from the scalps of the underclass. She makes her way across the floor, the vast stone organs on either side of the chamber producing her song, the sound of nails on a chalkboard. Reaching the steps of the throne, she drops to one knee.*

DUNHAM: It is done, and all is as you have foreseen. I am the most hated woman on the Internet, and I have opened the way for you.

*From atop the throne, we hear a sound like the creaking of a thousand FEMA coffin doors, slowly resolving into the laughter of the being who sits upon it. Leaning forward our of the sable curtain of N'kai itself, she reveals herself as HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON*

CLINTON: Good... Good, my young apprentice. Most impressive. Today the Internet, tomorrow America.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
shingles (being crushed to death when ice falls off of them)

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it is kinda fun that after a bunch of crying about 'virtue signaling' the thread was dominated with people climbing over each other to go "I ALSO DO NOT LIKE THE POTATO SHAPED WOMAN WHO SAID A THING!!!!!"

Why are you bringing up her looks?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there was a point where i concerned that the dem thread was going to be more fun and hip than the trump thread
i have no such concerns now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Like, here's a story about how awesome she is that lists her address specifically. Mysteriously no uproar and nobody was fired.

http://ny.curbed.com/2014/12/9/10013600/lena-dunhams-new-4-8m-brooklyn-pad-is-a-serious-upgrade

• Locked thread