Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

xzzy posted:

I would buy it if the brake actually worked. Get a friend to start spinning you really fast, then drop anchor and screech to a halt.

It would be better / weirder than that even - since the brake is mounted to the base of the chair which has 360* casters on it, applying the brake would cause the base to get in on the spinning action and then friction from the casters would probably either impart a death wobble or just pitch you headlong and spinning into the nearest solid object.

:iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Funzo posted:

I thought there was someone that made a reverse fierorarri, and I was right.

http://www.carscoops.com/2010/06/ferrari-308-gtsi-owner-swaps-maranello.html

What a perfect candidate for a 20B swap.

evilskillit
Jan 7, 2014

METAL TOADS

HandlingByJebus posted:

It would be better / weirder than that even - since the brake is mounted to the base of the chair which has 360* casters on it, applying the brake would cause the base to get in on the spinning action and then friction from the casters would probably either impart a death wobble or just pitch you headlong and spinning into the nearest solid object.

:iia:

What you mean like this?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

evilskillit posted:

What you mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb97AbB8M_o

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

How does that even work?
It's not compound - the turbo and the superchargers each have air filters, and there's a charge pipe(?) teed into the inlet of the turbo, which, if that's boost from the supers, would just vent back out of the filer, unless there's some sort of valve inside.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Octopus Magic posted:

What a perfect candidate for a 20B swap.

Holy poo poo, the unholy union of Italian and Japanese fiery death and unreliability. (I would love it.)

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Darchangel posted:

How does that even work?
It's not compound - the turbo and the superchargers each have air filters, and there's a charge pipe(?) teed into the inlet of the turbo, which, if that's boost from the supers, would just vent back out of the filer, unless there's some sort of valve inside.

U vent thi boost and suck it up to boost mor

schwim
Mar 24, 2004
Pfizer test subject

I see this gentleman around town sometimes. The cargo area looks like it's been decked out for a handyman. It's got a bit of quarter rot at the rears but it was painted shiny red with the rest of the ride.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

schwim posted:

I see this gentleman around town sometimes. The cargo area looks like it's been decked out for a handyman. It's got a bit of quarter rot at the rears but it was painted shiny red with the rest of the ride.

I need to take a pic of one of my regulars at work's truck. He took a 60s GMC, hacked the bed off, and built a shed on it.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is basically the car scene in the UK in the 90s. Max Power magazine has a lot to answer for...

or are you meaning a fast looking car with an engine swap?

Either or, really. I do think deliberately putting a slow as nuts motor in a fast car is funnier though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The resources are definitely out there to do it, I mean Ferrari is basically making molotov cocktails these days so you hunt around online to find a salvage sale with no engine in it, buy it for (relatively) cheap and then figure out how to bodge your favorite engine into it.

Then slap an acvw VIN on it or something so you can actually register it.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

Funzo posted:

I was hoping it'd be a Ferrari with a Fiero bodykit, but I suppose that'll do.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

xzzy posted:

The resources are definitely out there to do it, I mean Ferrari is basically making molotov cocktails these days so you hunt around online to find a salvage sale with no engine in it, buy it for (relatively) cheap and then figure out how to bodge your favorite engine into it.

Then slap an acvw VIN on it or something so you can actually register it.

If anyone ever sees a Ferrari shell for like £10k in the uk let me know and I'll chuck a TT LS in it now I have an excellent engine swap guy no joke

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

schwim posted:

I absolutely detest lifted trucks and people who park like this.

That being said, :drat:.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
That looks more of a "I don't wanna cut up my bodywork lift vs bgtl lift"

I also don't blame dude for parking like that. My truck got hit for the 5th time earlier this week and its a worthless beater.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is basically the car scene in the UK in the 90s. Max Power magazine has a lot to answer for...

or are you meaning a fast looking car with an engine swap?
I loved the listing off of all the cosmetic and audio mods and then it gets to engine mods and the only thing they've done is put a k&n cone airfilter. Car probably goes mich slower after all the terrible aero mods. Chickenwire intakes for days.

Also the questionnaires they did on girls at car meets where the most important question on everyones mind is of course wether they spit or swallow. I wish I was kidding.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

evilskillit posted:

What you mean like this?

I...

:stare:

Yes. I mean, kind of exactly like that.

Physics! :science:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

iospace posted:

I need to take a pic of one of my regulars at work's truck. He took a 60s GMC, hacked the bed off, and built a shed on it.

Please do, I love that

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Funzo posted:

Something that hideous and offensive to one's core nature should be called a Guy Fieri.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ehnus posted:

Something that hideous and offensive to one's core nature should be called a Guy Fiero

Fixed

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

That Wagoneer's not the only thing with wood at the moment.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Would daily

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Saw this pop up on facebook, it's mesmerizing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJE-2KNH-Y

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

No video of it running.

The BLUEST of balls.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

I love swagy waggys so much

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Awesome only for the Christmas lights. A friend spotted this at a Walmart in Wisconsin and sent it to me. Considering it is night time and the other things he has told me the temps are hovering near zero degrees F, with wind chill being around -20. Santa has a huge pair of balls.

Extra shoes for stopping actually. It'll go with just one cylinder at 80PSI (ask me how I know) without even so much of a hint as to an issue. Stopping without a stick to the front wheel is an issue though.

Also, this is appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioHAfyczYpw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Slim Pickens posted:

quote:

This Chrysler Hemi FirePower engine was a bit trickier... But after 10 months, another 40,000+ photos and a lot of blood, sweat, tears and grease, Davin and Matt have completed another Redline Rebuild.

:aaaaa:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Click for big.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bay Window doublecabs are awesome, and it's my dream to own any acvw pickup, single or double cab.

Funny thing: due to the chicken tax, the Bay Window bus, usually the "more common" VW bus that people care about much less than the earlier Split Window bus, became much rarer in pickup form. So, in a weird inversion, you'll see bay window doublecabs going for nearly as much as split-window doublecabs, even though everything else regarding split window buses is (no exaggeration at all here, seriously) 10-20x as much in price.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah I don't know a ton about ACVWs but I mean, I'm a car guy, so I know "split-window = $stoopid"

Like this shining example which they want $48k for (Aus prices)

Memento fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Dec 22, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I dare anybody to go to TheSamba classifieds and try to find a good deal on a split window. Like, anything even reasonable. Ones that are just frames that have already had fires go for around fifteen thousand dollars.

As an aside to that, which is decidedly not-awesome, I post this dashcam video from the autobahn.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^^ the audio is great because the driver of the Z loves that he's involved in such ridiculousness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyEPpn3U1TA

In other news, wedgetastic; http://petrolicious.com/the-world-lancia-stratos-meeting-is-exactly-as-incredible-as-it-sounds

:fap:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

As an aside to that, which is decidedly not-awesome, I post this dashcam video from the autobahn.

[MR. REGULAR VOICE] SURPRISE

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Holy loving poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT05uNFb6hY

This thing is incredible.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
His hand positioning bugs me.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

InitialDave posted:

His hand positioning bugs me.

so does going slow enough to be passed on the right on ze Autobahn.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

toplitzin posted:

so does going slow enough to be passed on the right on ze Autobahn.

Watch the video. He wasn't cruising in that lane.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/fOGSlKn.mp4

:jiggled:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

That's not an Australian race car, that's an Australian car. I've seen Mad Max, I know what it's like there.