Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Excuse me, first time reading this thread. But what the gently caress is this madness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

nevermind

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

If you have the Network be thankful they seem to refuse to add the WWECW full Syfy years

Honestly, once they dropped any pretense of it being anything like the original, I liked WWE's version of ECW a lot more. It was actually my favorite of the shows for quite a while.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
WWECW was cool when it became the proto-NXT. Still mad that Ezekiel Jackson was the final champion instead of Christian.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Kelly Kelly running the ropes was consistently entertaining at least. She was a wrestler for like 45 years and still couldn't do it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TL posted:

Honestly, once they dropped any pretense of it being anything like the original, I liked WWE's version of ECW a lot more. It was actually my favorite of the shows for quite a while.

I did too. But that first year or so was really bad in general. There were a few good moments like Punk/Morrison, but far too often it was like Syfy's TNA

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I never understood why more female wrestlers didnt bounce off the second rope like Rey did

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Sasha tries a 619, throws herself out of the ring accidentally, and sells it like a boss.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

Sasha tries a 619, throws herself out of the ring accidentally, and sells it like a boss.

Is like a boss some new way of saying "on her head"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

Is like a boss some new way of saying "on her head"

A legit boss. :colbert:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TinTower posted:

A legit boss. :colbert:

So right on top of her head.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

So right on top of her head.

Yes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sionistic posted:

I never understood why more female wrestlers didnt bounce off the second rope like Rey did

Anyone who came up in the WWE system got taught really bad fundamentals for years and a lot of it wasn't tailored to the talents needs as much as it was one shoe fits all teaching. I don't want to point fingers but when Demott got poo poo canned things improved on that front.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't get mad at any of the crappy women that came up for years and years (or the people who trained them) because they were specifically told to be lousy and punished for being good, so it's safe to assume the trainers were told 'ok make sure these chicks can do enough to not get themselves killed but also make sure they don't know enough that they could possibly overshadow the men'.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
A harsh critique for Kevin Owens.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Queer Baiting? Holy poo poo :lol:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jericho is the fanciest man

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

To be fair, they have a point about the queer baiting:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jericho puts his penis in KO's armpit.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Look like they took the criticism to heart.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
chris and kevin should kiss imo

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Bard Maddox posted:

chris and kevin should kiss imo

this isn't a bad and/or stupid opinion. it's just a cold hard fact.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like Mick Foley better when he was fat and crippled.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i too still like him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mick Foley Was Always Fat

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I would like to watch some old sci fi ecw just to see Monty brown's POUNCE

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

I would like to watch some old sci fi ecw just to see Monty brown's POUNCE

Pounce owned, but it was oddly one of those exceptionally few things that kinda worked better in TNA's stupid 6-sided ring since Monty could hit the other guy on an angle.

Granted, it also seems like you could fit like 5 of TNA's old hexagon rings into one WWE ring. Monty and the other guy had to cover a lot of ground to make it work in the much larger WWE ring.

E: this reminded me to go back and find Monty's great promo he did off the cuff when they had to evacuate the stage mid-PPV because some pyro hosed up and set off the alarms

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 21, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Today's wrestlers are a bunch of wimps.

Or at least that's what I think the idea is after watching 205 Live from the other day. I dunno... it's just funny to me that the guy who is going to be running the company had one of his biggest career moments occur in a match where he tore his quad but kept going. They literally harp on this during every video package done on him to show you what a tough warrior he is. Then you have something like on 205 Live where Mr. 450 wasn't injured badly, he just tweaked something. He was clearly able to continue & fully communicating with the referee that he was fine but they still cut the match and made them go home immediatly. That kinda sucks if you ask me. I mean I know it's a total longshot but let's just say MAYYYYYYYYYYBE Mr. 450 makes something of himself in WWE down the line & part of his story can be how he got injured in his debut match but fought through the pain to put on a good match. It's a hell of a story if you ask me.

I know some WWE superfan will scold me for not caring about the health of wrestlers like their precious company but let's be honest - if this isn't a 205 Live and isn't these 2 guys, the match isn't being stopped. If Randy Orton tweaks his groin or knee working at the Rumble against whoever else, the match isn't being stopped. It's like that old saying of "you can't be half pregnant". Either you're 100% committed to wrestlers safety & stop every match where there's an injury or you don't and let them police themselves.

From this thread
http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906&start=870#p46426
Rob Viper is a piece of work and if you think Roque can get mean to Rovert, this guy takes the cake

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=906&start=870#p46426
Rob Viper is a piece of work and if you think Roque can get mean to Rovert, this guy takes the cake

Ok that post legit got me for a second i thought it was yours and I was gonna rage about the health of wrestlers being more important. whoof what a turd...

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Deep down inside, I secretly dont care about the health of the wrestlers either, but Rob Viper is a bit of a shithead.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah deep down I don't know them and don't really care, but I do understand why they and the company they work for care and wouldn't hold it against them to not wrestle hurt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rob Viper has issues (with Women, the handicapped and homosexuals).

Mr 450 literally couldn't bend his leg.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Triple h tore his quad off the bone when he knelt down to propose to stephanie

E:Finn Balor and Zack Ryder both got severely injured and finished matches in like the past five months. Yeah I'll give the jobber on the network show a pass.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 29, 2016

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Just FYI rovdog, disabled is a more optimal term.

That said, how injured is he long term? Do we know?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was the term Rob used but fair cop.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Was the term Rob used but fair cop.
Love how he is going to war with Papa Hales, a guy who is universally loved by indy fans and indy wrestlers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

An update: https://www.gofundme.com/7e-mr-450s-medical-expenses

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought Mr. 450 was a cyborg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i care about the wrestler's health because people getting injured usually means there's slapped together booking to try and cover for it, and the people that get injured are usually the guys who are trying the hardest. you dont see kane tearing his knee.