Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

simplyhorribul posted:

Is cold lube such a loving huge issue they saw the market gap there? I would think that on cold locations it's just basic survival instinct to not have whoopie/fap if it comes down to use cold as hell lube.

I thought you just sort of rubbed it in your hands before you put it on someone's B-hole to let friction warm it up. I guess these dang milenials can't buttfuck without involving a web connected smart device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Snake People are cold‐blooded. :eng101:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Looks like the spinning crap craze is slowing down

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A plug in light and some loving ball bearings. I love how they think that "welded together with the force of 800 amperes" is a feature.

Someone please buy my locally sourced artisinal rooftop bees that are gmo and hurt feelings free.

insta
Jan 28, 2009
It took them ten months to developclone that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Perhaps, if you have a pronounced lisp, you should get a friend to do the voice over for your pitch video.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rogue-bounty-a-star-wars-fan-film-starwars#/

So the local news did an article on this..

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

quote:

A Bounty Hunter enters the small outpost of Mos Miguel

I've been to Mos Miguel Mexican Restaurant and Cantina, get the #3 lunch special with the chile relleno, enchilada, beans, and rice.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, do they have any footage shot? And how will they get past Disney's lawyers?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The logo says anthology, but it doesn't seem like it's an anthology at all???

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

So, do they have any footage shot? And how will they get past Disney's lawyers?

They're planning on selling branded coffe to offset funds

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

quote:

No copyright infringement is intended.

Oh, well, that's good, I thought for a minute there that they might get in trouble!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"No copyright infringement intended"
*infringes on multiple copyrights*

Do people actually believe they can just put a footnote on their campaign and suddenly IP law stops applying to them?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Collateral Damage posted:

Do people actually believe they can just put a footnote on their campaign and suddenly IP law stops applying to them?

It certainly works for Sov Cits

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

One weird trick to bypass copyright. Disney hates it!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yes.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Delete this movie within 24 hours

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I love how these kickstarters miss all the articles about all the Star Wars, Star Trek and Nintendo fan projects getting immediately shut down by lawyers.

Or maybe they're on indie-go-go and have flex funding and hope to run with the money. What does happen in that case? Flex funding only applies if you make it to the end of the "campaign" period without being shut down right?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Snuffman posted:

Flex funding only applies if you make it to the end of the "campaign" period without being shut down right?

Nope! Money is transferred (more or less) instantly, so you get whatever you've managed to scam raise by that point!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Snuffman posted:

I love how these kickstarters miss all the articles about all the Star Wars, Star Trek and Nintendo fan projects getting immediately shut down by lawyers.

Or maybe they're on indie-go-go and have flex funding and hope to run with the money. What does happen in that case? Flex funding only applies if you make it to the end of the "campaign" period without being shut down right?

My favorite of these stories was the Jupiter Hell kickstarter making lawyers notice DoomRL

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

It's the "I put 'I don't own this' in the YouTube description so I'm good" school of copyright law.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

It certainly works for Sov Cits

I had to google "Sov Cits" and now I'm in a rabbit hole of these shitheads' videos. Thanks for ruining my night.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bvoid posted:

I had to google "Sov Cits" and now I'm in a rabbit hole of these shitheads' videos. Thanks for ruining my night.

Add the word 'tasered' to your search to have it un-ruined.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

DoctorTristan posted:

Nope! Money is transferred (more or less) instantly, so you get whatever you've managed to scam raise by that point!

Wait...so I could set up an IndieGoGo with flex-funding, make it a campaign for a property I don't even own, and as long as I fly under the radar long enough, I get to keep the cash as it comes in?

What. the. hell. Indie-GoGo?

No wonder there's so many scammers. You don't even have to steal someone else's idea. Find something cheap out of Shenjen, dress up some videos like its some brilliant idea you came up with, flex fund and profit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

bvoid posted:

You might as well Google "malheur refuge verdict" and hit rock bottom.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Snuffman posted:

Wait...so I could set up an IndieGoGo with flex-funding, make it a campaign for a property I don't even own, and as long as I fly under the radar long enough, I get to keep the cash as it comes in?

What. the. hell. Indie-GoGo?

No wonder there's so many scammers. You don't even have to steal someone else's idea. Find something cheap out of Shenjen, dress up some videos like its some brilliant idea you came up with, flex fund and profit.

I mean, you can still get sued for the money by the people who gave you money or a copyright holder. That can cost you a bunch of money in lawyer costs alone even if they don't win against you.

Most of the time that won't happen, then again most of the time your fly by night flexible funding campaign only gets like $15.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guy Mann posted:

It's the "I put 'I don't own this' in the YouTube description so I'm good" school of copyright law.

If you are affiliated with any government, anti-piracy group or any other related group, or were formally a worker of one you CANNOT enter this web site, cannot access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If you are affiliated with any government, anti-piracy group or any other related group, or were formally a worker of one you CANNOT enter this web site, cannot access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you CANNOT threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, and cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site

If only this were stickied, Lowtax could have saved a visit from the Secret Service.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This was my favorite, after that change to facebook's TOS the rumor spread that you could make a post on your wall that made it so Facebook employees and federal agents can't use your posts in court or some nonsense. It was the equivalent of 'cops take an oath to tell the truth at all times and have to reveal if they're undercover'

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

red19fire posted:

This was my favorite, after that change to facebook's TOS the rumor spread that you could make a post on your wall that made it so Facebook employees and federal agents can't use your posts in court or some nonsense. It was the equivalent of 'cops take an oath to tell the truth at all times and have to reveal if they're undercover'

It's up there with 'they can't arrest you if they're not wearing a hat.' Or 'Admiralty law'. Hilarious until you realise the person telling you is deadly serious.

Then even more so.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Rapulum_Dei posted:

It's up there with 'they can't arrest you if they're not wearing a hat.' Or 'Admiralty law'. Hilarious until you realise the person telling you is deadly serious.
There's nothing funnier than watching videos of "sovereign citizens"/"freemen of the land" getting reality checked, by taser or by law book.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I can see this sliding if they wanted to make a 10-20 minute fan film and make no profit, but a two hour one? Yeah that's not going to fly.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

bvoid posted:

Soon P. Barnes will be your idol and god if you haven't seen him yet

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Marry loving chrimmas

quote:

"Because we share a common technical vision, it has been a very smooth and easy transition to Lumberyard. In fact, we are excited to announce that our upcoming 2.6 Alpha release for Star Citizen is running on Lumberyard and AWS."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Just to let everyone know, Lumberyard is free as long as you use your own server (basically so you could develop the game in-house) or Amazon's tiered server hosting. Basically, they've spent who knows how many millions of dollars on their own fork of the CryEngine, only to switch to a free version that's a gimme game engine for using Amazon's hosting.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Supposedly Lumberyard is very similar to the version of Cryengine they started with so theoretically they could apply all their alterations they made to Cryengine as a big patch to Lumberyard if they kept strict track of everything they had changed. Maybe they did, the ones steering that insanity are pretty stupid but the programmers may not be.

Space Skeleton has a new favorite as of 07:42 on Dec 27, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Space Skeleton posted:

Supposedly Lumberyard is very similar to the version of Cryengine they started with so theoretically they could apply all their alterations they made to Cryengine as a big patch to Lumberyard if they kept strict track of everything they had changed. Maybe they did, the ones steering that insanity are pretty stupid but the programmers may not be.

Yeah, I hope they'll preserve what they've already developed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY
Would be a shame if all that work went was for nothing.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

From the Kickstarter gaming thread:

http://www.pixelmagegames.com/

quote:

Hello Hero's Song Players,

It's with a heavy heart that I have to report that Pixelmage Games is going to be shutting down and we have ceased development on Hero's Song. For the last year, our team has worked tirelessly to make the game we've dreamed about making, and with your support, and the support of our investors, we were able to get the game into Early Access. Unfortunately sales fell short of what we needed to continue development. We knew going in that most startups don't make it, and as an indie game studio we hoped we would be the exception to that rule, but as it turned out we weren't.

We sincerely value our customers. You’re our most important focus and have been from day one. We’re going to offer 100% refunds to all of the people who bought Hero’s Song.

For our Indiegogo customers, please email refunds@pixelmagegames.com with your name and information about which one of the packages you bought so we can make sure you get your money back. Our team will respond to confirm we received your email and we'll make sure you get your refund quickly.

For players that purchased via Steam you will be able to claim your refund through the normal Steam refund process. Go to https://help.steampowered.com and you can get your refund right away.

Thank you for all the support you showed us. We're sorry things worked out the way they did, but we feel strongly that we gave it our all and we're proud of how far we came with the game. The fact that we weren't able to finish the game is painful, but the journey of making Hero's Song has been a great experience for us and we’re just sorry we couldn’t take it all the way.

Thank You,

The Hero's Song team

Solid business plan:
  1. Ask people to give you money to make a complete game.
  2. Sell an incomplete version of said game.
  3. Absolute bafflement as to why no one buys it.

At least they're able to offer refunds considering they started with an initial $2.8 million outside investment on top of the $94,000 they raised through flex funding.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

so when they say beautiful 2d pixel art, do they mean purely for the menus, or were the in-game graphics just placeholders, or did they legitimately believe that this was 2d pixel art

game looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

If they were a competent studio I'd say this is because Crytek is in a very bad spot right now but for Star Citizen this is just par for the course.

Crocoswine posted:

so when they say beautiful 2d pixel art, do they mean purely for the menus, or were the in-game graphics just placeholders, or did they legitimately believe that this was 2d pixel art

game looked bad

Looks better than a lot of mobile games.