Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FauxGateau posted:

Okay here's where I dissent because I think the bad vo adds to that hosed-up scene where guyver gets wrecked by enzyme.

But then again I think the best friends should do a let's watch of both American guyver films.

Oh I agree 1000%, on both accounts.

The entire dub is justified and beloved just for that Enzyme fight. It helps that the first Enzyme fight is also the most brutal representation of it in ANY of the Guyver Media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
All these "subs vs dubs" arguments are stupid nonsense to me since neither English nor Japanese is my first language and I doubt that the former is the first language of many weebs, but every time this argument pops up it's always about American dubbing vs Japanese dubbing and I couldn't give less of a poo poo about how good American voice actors are. If I have to get something in a foreign language might as well be the subbed version and at least I'm getting the original experience.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Burkion posted:

Like, I wouldn't trade the 80s Guyver OVA dub for anything. It's such a titanic piece of poo poo and it's great.

Seriously. I've got a long standing joke with friends of mine about the guy who reads the Zoanoid Data files.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrOe6rW5l4A
"2 million volts of bio-electric power"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I only listen to dubs with the zombie voice. Nolan North is great and all but he just doesn't capture the true meaning behind the protagonist's friends worrying about his safety from the sidelines.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know, it seems to me that having to be between one-and-a-half and two and a half hours is the best thing that could possibly happen to Naruto

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HDSmx2KpA0

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Rodyle posted:

You know, it seems to me that having to be between one-and-a-half and two and a half hours is the best thing that could possibly happen to Naruto

I hope it's mostly filler like Broken Bond. I wanna see the quest for Choji's chip factory on the big screen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I want big stupid american Naruto. He's from the Hidden L.E.A.F. base and on a mission to stop Sarge "Sass" Kel from ditching the team and joining the evil Oro of the middle east. They use black exoskeletons and Naruto spray painted a bit of orange on his.

New video went up and I think that without Matt to chain him to reality, Woolie has decided to gently caress off to the Digiworld.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 19, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

Well since we're on the topic of weebness

BELIEVE IT

Wish Shyamalan was working on this though.

Never has more iron been struck when it was colder. Good job, Hollywood.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh yeah, podcast happening. Plague is a guest and Liam got doggles for his girlfriend's doggo.

Oh, this is the christmascast, you know, when they mostly answer questions! The weeks took two and a half hours.
They answered four questions.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 19, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm traveling 16 hours during the holidays, may God bless their wordy asses.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Going back a page or so I had never heard the group's reaction to the JoJo dub so it's good to know they were positive to it, I love that dub. Not surprised about Woolie's reaction though, considering what I remember of his experience with the KLK dub and his praise that everyone just sounded exactly like the Japanese voices.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Oh man, an anime adaptation directed by a dude with no directing credits other than an unreleased movie starring Zac Efron, and that anime is NARUTO?

This is gonna be dope.
SUCH KARMA

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Slightly late but only thing that bothers me in subs/dubs is when you're playing a game in English, the English name is on screen, and a person is like dead loving set calling them the japanese name for no reason other then "UH ITS HIS NAME IN JAPAN??"

Blue walks out of the battle tree in Sun/Moon "Hi I'm Blue" nametag shows up as Blue, person playing scoffs. "That's not canon. He's Green" as he munches on his pocky with a scowl.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Slightly late but only thing that bothers me in subs/dubs is when you're playing a game in English, the English name is on screen, and a person is like dead loving set calling them the japanese name for no reason other then "UH ITS HIS NAME IN JAPAN??"

Blue walks out of the battle tree in Sun/Moon "Hi I'm Blue" nametag shows up as Blue, person playing scoffs. "That's not canon. He's Green" as he munches on his pocky with a scowl.

Worse are people who insist on using the Japanese names for Pokemon while the English names are known, confusing the gently caress out of everyone else.

Worse still are people who use a Japanese pronunciation of an obviously western sounding name, i.e. Beijita instead of Vegeta.

The weaboo hole goes DEEP.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Neo_Crimson posted:

Worse are people who insist on using the Japanese names for Pokemon while the English names are known, confusing the gently caress out of everyone else.

Worse still are people who use a Japanese pronunciation of an obviously western sounding name, i.e. Beijita instead of Vegeta.

The weaboo hole goes DEEP.

Gatsu

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm actually partial to Gutz with a "z"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Dias posted:

I'm traveling 16 hours during the holidays, may God bless their wordy asses.

Same. I'm driving cross country and over Mexico for Christmas this Wednesday. The podcast has kept me awake many a Late night drive.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/811080556540821504

??????????? :stare: ??????????????????

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

This is like an episode of it's always sunny, holy poo poo what happened?!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Paige's twitter has her feeling sick yesterday and crummy still today. I dunno maybe she collapsed again like that one time a year or so ago.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Clearly taking advantage of Canada's amazing healthcare system.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Al-Saqr posted:

This is like an episode of it's always sunny, holy poo poo what happened?!

It's lupus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Was that mentioned on the Friendcast?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/811267172324491265

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Pat's sinister coup to topple the windex authority and reclaim his cheesecake from the garbage has failed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't believe Paige came back from the dead in order to dump Pat for Tracer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

"I touched the back!"

"sure you did honey"

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It appears to be the urgent lobster emergency ward.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Krazyface posted:

Ah one of the great redhead-only clinics of Canadia.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Krazyface posted:

Gingers get red but not THAT red. You take whatever you can get if it's free tho.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I was referring to the sign behind them. Could be mobster I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Krazyface posted:

I was referring to the sign behind them. Could be mobster I guess.

we know, but they're red

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Krazyface posted:

hosed up if true

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
:cripes: woolie on the controller in let it die :cripes:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie asking like eight times about Lily Bergamo in the first five minutes of let it die

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what is people's insane attachment to that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

lets hang out posted:

what is people's insane attachment to that

Suda's been on autopilot for a decade and that was the first game in a while that looked like he might be trying again but nope, they had to ditch it for more by-the-numbers Suda wackiness (or substitute Suda wackiness, he barely had anything to do with Let it Die).

Putting all that aside, this is the first Grasshopper game in a long time that's actually fun to play on its own merits and not just something you play for the aesthetic.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
"hmm what can I remove for this piece of material..." *moves past like 5 helmets to drop some other material with the intent to pick it up later, falls into a trap* Oh well it's just a one-off.

LID looks like an alright game, but I can't play it in my country for some reason. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Foxhound posted:

"hmm what can I remove for this piece of material..." *moves past like 5 helmets to drop some other material with the intent to pick it up later, falls into a trap* Oh well it's just a one-off.

LID looks like an alright game, but I can't play it in my country for some reason. :(

just make an account for a country that can, it takes like 2 minutes