Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

nawledgelambo posted:

one of his buddies asked him what sets star marine apart from other FPS's, he goes on about EVA'ing from one platform to another. So I tell him, "So Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?"

To which he responded:

https://clips.twitch.tv/grayheadedgamer/QuaintAardvarkVolcania

Star Citizen: Not even close to Infinite Warfare

Star Citizen: Real physicalized physics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Physics is Citizen for ragdoll

No, that's physicalized.
Physics is Citizen for "i stick to floor".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen: Real physicalized physics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-1TbVj961A&t=94s

:gary:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

AP posted:

MY CHARACTER IS INVISIBLE AND I CANT GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT DYING.

2.5.0 LIVE BUILD STILL BROKEN...4 DAYS AND COUNTING...COME-ON CIG

ACTUAL RESULT
Playing Star Citizen as the invisible man with no ships

EXPECTED RESULT
Play Star Citizen as a visible player with access to all my ships...Please...Pretty please!

I do love this "bug". I can't decide between intentionally malicious or utter incompetence. What technical reason could exist that caused 2.6 PTU to break live 2.5?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

EightAce posted:

Let's talk hypothetically for a minute . Let's think outside the box a little. Conjurate a scenario where a well known dev , face of the company art side if you will. Has been involved in a minor transgression, one we can all relate to. Possibly this individual has secured the services of a lady of the night. Maybe some chemical enhancement has been indulged in. Possibly this has happened in a backer funded CIG private chalet somewhere in the United States of America. Now maybe this entire endeavour has gone catastrophically awry . Maybe violence has ensued and maybe just maybe this lady of the night is now a justified complainant ? Cash is needed and a smoke screen to obfuscate this infamous gentleman's exit and continuation as free man.
Think about it . It's all just nonsense speculated upon by me but makes you think .
"It's okay. You're very lucky; my brother Fredo operates this place, he was called before anyone. If this had happened someplace else, we couldn't've helped you."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Pedo. I hope you blow your brains out this Christmas.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

I do love this "bug". I can't decide between intentionally malicious or utter incompetence. What technical reason could exist that caused 2.6 PTU to break live 2.5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Vzd5rfKAk&t=28s

I'd assume they pointed the account servers to the 2.6 ptu build rather than keep two sets running, who'd have thought having 1 live and 2 separate test systems (ptu & evocati) would be this complicated.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Drunk Theory posted:

Database changes required for 2.6 and only maintaining one tree on production servers would be my guess.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

This seems suspiciously close to telling people to kill themselves, which is a thing you should not do.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

flyboi posted:

Database changes required for 2.6 and only maintaining one tree on production servers would be my guess.

database schmeg strikes again

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nope.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
How are people still falling for the obvious FYAD bait? Seriously.. some of you are dumb as gently caress.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is good for CryTech because now there'll be less studios out there for Chris Roberts to try to snipe talent from. They need to bring everybody closer for a group hug and hopefully getting paid properly and on time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
STAR MARINE - LOADOUT - NO EXIT BUTTON - WIDESCREEN?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 I enter the Star Marine Loadout Menu
2 I try to leave but there is no Button to leave

ACTUAL RESULT
I cant leave the loadout screen

EXPECTED RESULT
Button to leave the loadout screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwZ-WAr0WwU

It's the easy to overlook bugs I like, such as being hosed depending on your resolution or the whole not working on windows 8.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

AP posted:

MY CHARACTER IS INVISIBLE AND I CANT GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT DYING.

2.5.0 LIVE BUILD STILL BROKEN...4 DAYS AND COUNTING...COME-ON CIG

ACTUAL RESULT
Playing Star Citizen as the invisible man with no ships

EXPECTED RESULT
Play Star Citizen as a visible player with access to all my ships...Please...Pretty please!

So if you havent ponied up the cash for 2.6 you are literally invisible and can't fly anything.

Noice.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
LAUNCHER CRASHES WHEN AVAILABLE DISK SPACE < REQUIRED DISK SPACE

ACTUAL RESULT
Launcher crashes

EXPECTED RESULT
Launcher shows warning that disk space is low

30 GIG game. :gary:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
How the hell are people melting down at arfjason of all things wtf.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TheLightPurges posted:

So if you havent ponied up the cash for 2.6 you are literally invisible and can't fly anything.

Noice.

A few people are managing it because there are other bugs, I assume the people that can get in copied accounts to the PTU in the past, or hadn't copied accounts to the PTU, played before a certain backup date or something stupid like that.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
If you guys arent careful a great user named FaceFuckerMan365 will come nd tear this thread a new orifice with his trolling.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Inkel posted:

How are people still falling for the obvious FYAD bait? Seriously.. some of you are dumb as gently caress.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
still entertaining though, if there are people to troll, let them be trolled

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Posting about a video game is fun, but Christmas is coming up, so please remember to doxx your parents.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
yep, I come to this thread to read about 360noscope trolls that take weeks to play out, not about the millions of dollars catching fire

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Inkel posted:

I don't know but it vacillates between schadenfreude and fremdschämen.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't know but it vacillates between schadenfreude and fremdschämen.

Star Citizen: It vacillates

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Gradis posted:

Its thousands. Lets lol at this nubbins. Then dox his family.

I'll start the dramatica page.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TheLightPurges posted:

If you guys arent careful a great user named FaceFuckerMan365 will come nd tear this thread a new orifice with his trolling.

the taint reaper is banned

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Raskolnikov posted:

Ah, the Chill Spaceship Thread.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/811352941294665729

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Ah, the Chill Spaceship Thread.

yes yes, congratulations, you finally landed a trout, good job

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

great username

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

love a soothsayer who bets on both sides

"as predicted, chris roberts did not release a written missive this day"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

c-c-c-combo breaker

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
BTW unsubstantiated pedo accusations have a history of severe punishment on this site, so I hope you guys can see into that.
Guess I'll have to add it to the list:
Dont doxx.
Dont send death threats.
Dont spend every day of your lives trawling through posts about the videogame you hate.
Dont follow people online and keep track of all their activities because they like the wrong videogames.
Dont accuse people of a major crime like pedophilia without substantial evidence.
Dont tell people to kill themselves.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Careful, your posts are getting longer.
This ruins the gimmick.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Dont doxx.
Dont send death threats.
Dont spend every day of your lives trawling through posts about the videogame you hate.
Dont follow people online and keep track of all their activities because they like the wrong videogames.
Dont accuse people of a major crime like pedophilia without substantial evidence.

are these in order?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Derek you are better than this.

I think.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

ArfJason posted:

#IStandWithFuzzyModem

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ArfJason posted:

BTW unsubstantiated pedo accusations have a history of severe punishment on this site, so I hope you guys can see into that.
Guess I'll have to add it to the list:
Dont doxx.
Dont send death threats.

When you see it in list format like that it really is just common sense, thanks man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Probate everyone who earnestly responds to the zero effort trolling imo