Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

glam rock hamhock posted:

Also, if anyone has any coupons or whatever, wait until the weekend because there will almost certainly be a flash sale
I still didn't get a drat 20% coupon :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

20% expired yesterday anyway. Don't think there's any coupons but you might have gift cards this weekend from Christmas. Or other joyous holidays that result in you getting gift cards.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

does anyone know how the two for the price of one promotion on the ps store works?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
My brother got a code for $10 credit out of the blue yesterday.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Week 3 of the sale is up, it kinda sucks unless you don't already have Bloodborne or you really wanted to get the Battlefront season pass for some reason.

I actually don't have Bloodborne, AND i got a free $10 voucher yesterday.

Is the Bloodborne DLC worth spending 15 extra bucks for the complete edition?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep, it's a massive expansion pack and has really cool boss fights.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Bloodborne DLC is amazing and has the best fights in the Souls series IMO.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It also has some of the best weapons in the game.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Old Hunters is basically a greatest hits of Bloodborne taking place in a hosed up version of an already hosed up version of Yarnham. Its story is a little more overt than the regular game, though still plenty veiled.

Everyone else touched on its other awesome parts: best bossfights, best weapons.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

Old Hunters is basically a greatest hits of Bloodborne taking place in a hosed up version of an already hosed up version of Yarnham. Its story is a little more overt than the regular game, though still plenty veiled.

Everyone else touched on its other awesome parts: best bossfights, best weapons.

also best music

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Oh Snapple! posted:

also best music

Oh yeah, the first boss's theme is so damned good, on par with the music for the last boss of the game. Well, depending on what ending you're after.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I sold off Battlefront ages ago but after seeing Rogue One this past weekend I'm tempted to rebuy it on this sale. Is that dumb? Am I being dumb? I need a current gen Star Wars fix real bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes and yes. Remember why you sold it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

omg chael crash posted:

I sold off Battlefront ages ago but after seeing Rogue One this past weekend I'm tempted to rebuy it on this sale. Is that dumb? Am I being dumb? I need a current gen Star Wars fix real bad

Rogue one dlc isn't even that good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ineffiable posted:

Is the new mirrors edge worth the 12 bucks

If you liked the first game you'll like this one. It's fan service. One of my favorite games this year and a steal at 12 bucks.

I recommend turning Runner Vision to 'Classic' mode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Old Hunters is better than everything in the base game, buy it.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yes and yes. Remember why you sold it.

Ineffiable posted:

Rogue one dlc isn't even that good.

I actually really want to play the Death Star stuff

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Wild Guns Reloaded is $30? Are they high???

Yeah, I was all set to buy it on release but now I'm probably just going to wait for a sale. $15 or even $20 and I'd have been fine but even with the new stages the game's too short for a $30 price tag imo.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Just beat the new Shantae game and it's real fuckin good. Pirate's curse is still the best one I've played out of all of them though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Marogareh posted:

Just beat the new Shantae game and it's real fuckin good. Pirate's curse is still the best one I've played out of all of them though.

Agreed 100%. In fact I pretty much made this post in another thread. The game is a bit short and I didn't like the final boss all that much but other than that it's really fun and gorgeous to look at. Not as good as Pirate's Curse and not as ambitious as the original but it's still worth the $20 imo

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Marogareh posted:

How long did it take for you to beat it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

How long did it take for you to beat it?

You didn't ask me but with 100% completion and most of the trophies it took me like 8 hours

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I clocked at 7 hours with 100%. The game feels more like a sequel to Risky's revenge with more transformations.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Headlander was brought up earlier, and I just wanna add to that discussion by saying that it is easily the best Double Fine game in that not only is the humor and weirdness of it good, but it also incorporates that into the gameplay and ends up being a really fun metroidvania.

Also if you have Bloodborne and don't have the DLC you are missing out on what is probably the best stuff from that game. I will say that the final boss of the DLC is really loving tough (but also fantastic in pretty much every way).

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Also the REAL final boss is optional and hosed in a totally different way. I did the DLC the first time on NG++ so it was pretty hard and ended up summoning for that boss, and beat it with a guy that had a loving minigun which I didn't even know was a thing you could get and it ruled.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm sure it was said a few pages back that the EU gets some nice xmas deals. I'm not really seeing any though :/

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
The big deal here is usually the Boxing Day / January sales, so they'll start on the 25th or 26th probably.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Siege is apparently the successor to Counterstrike G.O. in terms of dev mindset. It's a long term project that has gained in popularity since its messy launch.

There are goons that have said it's like CS meets The Last of Us: Factions, deliberate and very team oriented. It looks cool, but at this point I think I'd be jumping into too elite a community to have enough fun. Also, there's no way I could convince all my friends to buy it.

This guy has a cool longform review of it beyond the summer patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

R6 Siege is worth buying just for the Terrorist Hunt mode, which you can play solo or co-op against AI. Clearing a building of terrists with a mate is supremely good times, you get all the good parts of the gameplay without the need to deal with online gamers who've spent a year learning how to gently caress you.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I am brand new to having a PS4. What are some must have games for the system? Especially cheap ones.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Looking at the sales on right now, Bloodborne is $8, or $20 with the DLC, which is highly recommended. I'd also recommend Shadows of Mordor, which is $11 and a lot of fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

kaujot posted:

I am brand new to having a PS4. What are some must have games for the system? Especially cheap ones.

Infamous First Light and Second Son are both really good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kaujot posted:

Rocket League

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

kaujot posted:

Are you coming from PS3 or Xboxland or neither? Like you want PS4 exclusive or any current gen console stuff?

If you didn't have a PS3: Last of Us Remastered and Journey. And seconding Infamous Second Son.

All should be pretty cheap.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

kaujot posted:

Bloodborne. The Last of Us.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Until Dawn 👻

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
if you like RPGs/anime, World of Final Fantasy is a good one to pick up.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Rinkles posted:

My brother got a code for $10 credit out of the blue yesterday.

Me too. I got my PS4 over Thanksgiving. Bought a few games off the PS Store and I figured it was a "Thanks for spending $100, here is $10 on us" kind of thing.

That said, I used it to get Bloodborne. It's marked down to $7.99.

I wasn't crazy about the Dark Souls games but for that price (free) I'll give it a shot. As of right now I only have Sony exclusives.

My girlfriend and I are super into Until Dawn. Everyone get it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Yeah, I'd say Until Dawn and Bloodborne are the big ones.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Is Until Dawn considered good?

Like, I wanted to like it, but it felt like a let down to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Is Until Dawn considered good?

Like, I wanted to like it, but it felt like a let down to me

I enjoyed it a lot. $60 might have been too much to ask when it came out (but that's always relative); however, it's basically a playable horror B-movie, and as long as you don't take it more seriously than the game does, I think it does pretty well. plus it actually does a neat thing with the motion control/lightbar, and how many games can really say that?

• Locked thread