Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Baloogan posted:

what part of america DO you like???????????????
because nixon is awesome

He trolled the DNC before it was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Baloogan posted:

because nixon is awesome

yeah if you like weird mutants who act like Gollums lovely uncle

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Baloogan posted:

For all the trouble it causes, I genuinely adore the weird paradox of our founding by a combination of religious zealots and idealist intellectuals.

Jazz is pretty sweet.

Really everything that isn't enmired in this false reality of politics (and some of the things that are).

Oh and West Virginia is unironically my favorite state, because you cannot go five minutes in any direction without running into some jaw dropping scenery, at least in the parts I tended to frequent.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Man who'd of thought 8 years ago that the only part of Obama's legacy that will survive any meaningful amount of time would be some last minute arctic ruling.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
If anyone wants some good laughs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743840&pagenumber=926&perpage=40#post456526191

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
america is a beautiful country. shame its full of americans.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

america is a beautiful country. shame its full of americans.

rather that than full of canadians

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hindsight owns

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Are you a witch? :ohdear:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

your negativity is why Hillary lost

well that and Lena Dunham

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Are you a witch? :ohdear:

No, Im from Flint, MI.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I like the part of America that is ostensibly about improving ourselves and the conditions of others.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Posting on the page of the Neighbor of the Beast! :devil:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Ending racism is good, but will it end racism?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

because nixon is awesome

i like the times in american history when people were like "democracy? life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? hmm, yes... but not just for propertied white men!"

rip those times

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

deadgoon posted:

i like the times in american history when people were like "democracy? life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? hmm, yes... but not just for propertied white men!"

rip those times

ah, so you are a make america great again kind of guy. good same here

Serf
May 5, 2011

America was never great lmao

But we, theoretically, have systems that can allow us to become great for the first time

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
america was great between the years of 1942-1945, and then also great again in 1964. pure poo poo before and after all that, though.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Democrats are hosed
http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/20/game-developer-brianna-wu-plans-to-run-for-congress-in-2018/

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

here comes the gamergate derail

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Concerned Citizen posted:

here comes the gamergate derail

no

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

whats gamergate

Serf
May 5, 2011

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

whats gamergate

a kind of ant

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

whats gamergate

something awful

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

i genuinely don't know :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

keep it that way

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Every link to every news story should be prefaced with OH GOD THE DEMOCRATS ARE hosed, including stories that have noting to do with politics.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i wouldn't vote for someone whose response to 4chan death threats was to flee their home rather than to stand and fight (against the people who will never show up)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

So many Corncobs that didn't even know it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
excuse me it's LEFTIST not LIBERAL

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Let's ignore gamergate and quietly read all those posters posts as they turn in to corncobs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

background for cspam for the week after the election really should have been corn love forever

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

There are genuinely things you don't want to know. Be happy in your ignorance. It is a state you can never return to.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Now come on Studio, lets not be negative, maybe Brianna really learned stuff from this elec--

Nevermind.

Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

excuse me it's LEFTIST not LIBERAL

this but unironically

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Majorian's posts in that thread are a fuckin trip

quote:

Once the Republicans actually pick a nominee, he is going to be so incredibly awful and terrifying that almost everybody to the left of said candidate will unite against him. Guaranteed. You may not be part of "almost everybody," but that's fine. Most people would rather keep an imperfect status quo than lose what they've gained over the past eight years.

quote:

I'd be fine with that if the Republican Party were also broken up at the same time or before then. Of course, the problem is, there's really nothing so good that breaking up the Democratic Party would bring, that would outweigh the sheer horribleness of uncontested GOP rule.

quote:

1, I really don't see how Hillary loses to Trump, especially if it becomes clear to the voting public that it's Hillary versus Donald Trump.

2, the Democrats losing the election is not a good thing, because whether or not poor people starve to death or die from a lack of affordable health care matters considerably more than your (completely justified, to be clear) grudge against DWS.

quote:

Uh, his negatives are literally the highest of any major party front runner since they started polling for that. You do realize that his success in the GOP primaries doesn't necessarily translate to success in the general, right?

quote:

I think you're seriously overestimating 1, how well Trump currently does and will do in debates; 2, how badly Hillary currently does and will do in debates; and 3, how much Trump's success in the primaries will translate to success among the general election voter pool.

Trump is the Republican version of McGovern. If he gets the nomination, the general public outside of his core group of supporters will not support him.

quote:

And there's been a glut of candidates, and his supporters have been really crazy in getting out the vote for him. But those supporters are a relatively tiny percentage of the American electorate, whereas everybody else haaaaates him. Also there have been more than one debate this cycle where he's done really poorly, even among Republican voters, so I'm not sure where this "Trump is invincible in debates!" nonsense comes from.

quote:

Because a lot of the Republican base really dislikes/fears him too. So much so that I really doubt they're going to turn out for him in the general. The fact that there's been unprecedented GOP turnout in the primaries is because there have been a remarkable number of primary candidates, and every GOP voter wants his or her "faction" to win - or, more importantly, for the other factions NOT to win. The Trump and Cruz supporters don't want the establishment to get the nomination. The establishment wants to "save" the party from Trump and Cruz. Many Evangelicals support Cruz, Rubio, etc, so rabidly because they see Trump for what he is: a cynical pretender when it comes to faith. Trump is not a "Oh well, good enough!" second choice for a huge chunk of the Republican base.

all within a few pages

also, from Ace of Baes:

quote:

I don't want trump to win, but he will if he's up against Clinton, regardless of the crazy poo poo he's said, (in voters eyes) he's authentic, and non establishment, he will drive out republicans in droves the same way Obama drove liberals out to vote in 2008, meanwhile Clinton is lukewarm at best for the mass majority of undecideds and independents. Yes people will turn out to vote against trump because he's trump, but I don't think it will be enough to counter people's lack of enthusiasm with Clinton plus people's enthusiasm with trump plus people turning out to vote against Hillary.

gee i wonder what actually loving happened!!!!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I unironically think that having more people in Congress who have more than the vaguest understanding of technology invented after 1970 would be a good thing.

I otherwise have no opinion about Brianna Wu's campaign.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

docbeard posted:

I unironically think that having more people in Congress who have more than the vaguest understanding of technology invented after 1970 would be a good thing.

if the stuff she said in that article were being said by a 50 year old white man with normal color hair everybody itt would want the dems to nominate him in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

vindication is a cool feeling

• Locked thread