Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

Their audio files were hard copied into the fmv's and do to poor Japanese development practices, all source audio files were routinely deleted and lost.
You're joking right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're joking right?

Yes. You had to ask though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're joking right?

bloodychill posted:

Yes. You had to ask though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFW0dU9Jbg0&t=11s

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Samurai Sanders posted:

At least in Japan a free FF15 soundtrack is available for PS+ users so I figured what the hell but it's...18gb? What am I missing here?

Because it contains all the retro soundtracks, I would guess?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Alright, Sony's twitter account is useless, so let me ask it here.

Console: US PS4 Slim
Game: European Final Fantasy 15
PSN Account: US

Will I get hosed trying to buy the DLC for FF15?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah your DLC has to match the game's region. you can just make a european account, buy the DLC on it, set your US ps4 as the euro account's main system, and then switch to your US account to play the euro ff15 with its euro DLC

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Alternatively, I can tell Amazon Now to get hosed and not have 3 PSN accounts.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dunno what that is but i will tell you that if you ever have fewer than 2 psn accounts then you are subject to a gamer's arrest at any time

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

I'm looking into buying a PS4 for christmas, it will be a combined gift for my son and for my own birthday on the 30th. Right now a store near me (Media Markt in the Netherlands) has the 500gb Slim for €222,- and it looks like that is the best deal around right now. Should I jump on this deal or are there better deals around? So far the PS4+game bundels haven't really caught my attention since none of the games included (I hate shooters on a console) look interesting.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

lockdar posted:

I'm looking into buying a PS4 for christmas, it will be a combined gift for my son and for my own birthday on the 30th. Right now a store near me (Media Markt in the Netherlands) has the 500gb Slim for €222,- and it looks like that is the best deal around right now. Should I jump on this deal or are there better deals around? So far the PS4+game bundels haven't really caught my attention since none of the games included (I hate shooters on a console) look interesting.

If you're not interested in the bundles, the deal you found sounds good to me. Upgrade the HDD later on, if you want.

lockdar
Jul 7, 2008

Morby posted:

If you're not interested in the bundles, the deal you found sounds good to me. Upgrade the HDD later on, if you want.

I'm not sure if getting a Pro is better at this point, it would seriously suck if the VR technology gets released and won't be usable on a Slim.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thanks for the headphone recommendations everyone. Now I have something to tell my mother to get me for Xmas.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lockdar posted:

I'm not sure if getting a Pro is better at this point, it would seriously suck if the VR technology gets released and won't be usable on a Slim.

The vr is already released

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does Darkest Dungeon not auto save? I did 2 expeditions, game crashed and now I'm back at week 0 walking to the hamlet.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

lockdar posted:

The VR unit in its current iteration works with the OG PS4. The Pro provides some optimization and additional bells and whistles, but using VR does not require it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just got 10 free Sony bones that had to be spent by NYE.

Picked up Bloodborne for $7.99.

Not sure if I'm going to like it but at that price I'll give it a fair shake.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

precision posted:

Because it contains all the retro soundtracks, I would guess?
No, but I now see that it has some really shittily compressed video of gameplay that plays when you play the tracks, so that explains it. Also it's a thing no one in their right mind would want.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Just got 10 free Sony bones that had to be spent by NYE.

Picked up Bloodborne for $7.99.

Not sure if I'm going to like it but at that price I'll give it a fair shake.

It's a great game! Stop by the thread sometime, it's still pretty active and we love new players there.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

muscles like this! posted:

Mad Max definitely echoes Just Cause 2 where it was loads of repetitive gameplay with a couple of stand out parts. Like the buried airport is pretty neat but it is also just one mission and you don't get to explore it or go back.

Getting the last of the unlocks with very little to use them on was a bummer, too :(

Anyway I'm looking to get on that $250 Uncharted 4 500GB bundle, and I'm wondering how I'd make these headphones and this mic all pipe in to the jack on the controller. Would I need a splitter of some kind? Or am I missing something painfully obvious and it'll just work out of the box :downs:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
USB mixer?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For some reason I decided to buy some Cup Noodles; it's been years since I've eaten them.

They're all right, I guess (after I added my own meat, egg, vegetables, and sriracha)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Getting the last of the unlocks with very little to use them on was a bummer, too :(

Anyway I'm looking to get on that $250 Uncharted 4 500GB bundle, and I'm wondering how I'd make these headphones and this mic all pipe in to the jack on the controller. Would I need a splitter of some kind? Or am I missing something painfully obvious and it'll just work out of the box :downs:
You need something like this.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

You can get a splitter that takes a 3 component jack into an stereo jack and a mic jack. I don't know if it works with the ds4, though. They are pretty cheap, so I would try that before any more expensive solutions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For some reason I decided to buy some Cup Noodles; it's been years since I've eaten them.

They're all right, I guess (after I added my own meat, egg, vegetables, and sriracha)
"for some reason" = FF15's advertising?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Crass advertising like thatdoesn't work, you know, we're smarter than that these days. I just thought I'd post about my eating habits in the PS4 thread

https://twitter.com/GreyTheTick/status/805052657396109312

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

"for some reason" = FF15's advertising?

its all about finding that perfect blend of flavors

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Oh, Gladio! :allears:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Soooo, who has made a custom a Spotify playlist to play in the background of Earth Defense Force?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

89 posted:

Soooo, who has made a custom a Spotify playlist to play in the background of Earth Defense Force?

I'd share mine but it's just "Tubthumping" on repeat.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
FF15 NG+patch is out 2 days ahead of schedule, fyi

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow 12 bux for mirrors edge. That game must have really bombed financially.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how does hitman run on the not pro

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Wow 12 bux for mirrors edge. That game must have really bombed financially.

:(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Fine

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Awesome! posted:

In case you want something more definitive of the differences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLCZaOJezRc

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I've been switching between a Pro and a Not Pro as I play Hitman, it runs fine on both. The Pro version is a little sharper, framerate is more stable, textures stream in more quickly.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DigitalFoundry sees issues in ai heavy areas like paris that are cpu constrained on base hardware but its nothing to worry about.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I think they worked out a lot of kinks with Hitman. I remember it chugging a bit at launch but never have any problems now. Game is amazing by the way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oxenfree is good right? its like an adventure game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'll taste test that for ya.

• Locked thread