Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah I don't like how Black is not even a threat.

Same with the Universe 6 tournament. Were the manga made Hit much less threatening. (Making it so that his time skip only works if he is stronger then his opponent which is a dumb thing)

Removing Hit's improvement and Kaioken Blue takes away from a key part of his dynamic with a Goku. Hit respects Goku because Goku forced him to push his limits, and Goku feels the same. The rapid-fire power-ups in the battle communicate how the fight is making them stronger and forging a connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

TFS is dumb, news at 11.

Super Beerus is way less of a villain.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

Removing Hit's improvement and Kaioken Blue takes away from a key part of his dynamic with a Goku. Hit respects Goku because Goku forced him to push his limits, and Goku feels the same. The rapid-fire power-ups in the battle communicate how the fight is making them stronger and forging a connection.

All of that is stupid, tho

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Turns out Hit actually had ZA WARUDO all along. Can't wait for Goku to spontaneously learn how to stop time.

I don't think Hit had all these super do operating time powers originally. He has been developing his power, ever since he learned that he could during his fight with Goku at the tournament. Considering how much he improved in the span of 2 min in the tournament, Hit must be stronger than Whis by now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sassassin posted:

hosed up to insult someone's friendship based on punching
it's the most pure kind of friendship

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sassassin posted:

Yeah DB is a dumb franchise, what is your point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aurora posted:

TFS is dumb, news at 11.

Super Beerus is way less of a villain.

Yeah, Super Beerus feels like a Greek god. He's capricious, moved by his own desires and prone to terrifying fits of anger, but he's not Freeza Evil and in fact threatens people a hell of a lot less over stupid stuff nowadays. I wonder what exactly makes them think that way, maybe the prolonged fight?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think it was just the flashback stuff where he's shown to be a lot more malicious than he was in the movie. Other than that, they've defanged him quite a bit by having him show up all the time, and he's sure as hell not evil these days.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I don't think Hit had all these super do operating time powers originally. He has been developing his power, ever since he learned that he could during his fight with Goku at the tournament. Considering how much he improved in the span of 2 min in the tournament, Hit must be stronger than Whis by now.

Doubt it.

Hit has the biggest dick in the room but he's still a chump to Champa and his angel.

There's an order with these things; God of Destruction = top of the pecking order always

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You know, with all his power, you'd think Hit would aim a little higher than just being a hitman. I hope we get a backstory for him eventually.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Until they give out a canon answer, I'll just rationalize Whis saying "goku and vegeta together could defeat beerus" as "they could defeat beerus in a fight, but catgod can just choose to destroy them outright and tough luck, mate".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

Doubt it.

Hit has the biggest dick in the room but he's still a chump to Champa and his angel.

There's an order with these things; God of Destruction = top of the pecking order always

Hit and Goku explicitly winked at each other during their fight about this issue. Beerus and Champa were fighting and Goku was like "These guys sure are jerks, too bad they are stronger than us......for now" and Hit seemed to agree with him. After getting threatened by Champa no way Hit isn't working on a way to merc God's of destruction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dias posted:

Until they give out a canon answer, I'll just rationalize Whis saying "goku and vegeta together could defeat beerus" as "they could defeat beerus in a fight, but catgod can just choose to destroy them outright and tough luck, mate".

Yeah, I get the impression that Beerus might eventually lose a fight but then he'd erase you from existence.

If only Goku and Vegeta could master the power of a gag character...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I get the impression that Beerus might eventually lose a fight but then he'd erase you from existence.

If only Goku and Vegeta could master the power of a gag character...

Beerus can even delete gag characters though. He's OP, that's why he's a literal god.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This is why Goku befriended two Zenos, he's going to convince them to erase the Gods of Destruction and then trick them into erasing each other from existence. Death to the gods!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Momomo posted:

On another note, I've started to have a bit of a problem: What color is Vegeta's hair? I've always thought it was black, but some stuff makes it seem brown (an ep of Kai I saw on Tonami made it SUPER apparent). They gave Vegito tones of brown, but Vegeta's hair was straight up black in Battle of Gods. What's the deal here?

Vegeta's hair is black until the lighting hits it, where it turns purples-ish brown.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How strong is Mr Buu right now? Is he around SSJ3 level or was that just the evil power doing most of the heavy lifting at the time?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The most important thing about Buu has always been his durability

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I apologize in advance.

https://a.pomf.cat/byjlch.webm

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

How strong is Mr Buu right now? Is he around SSJ3 level or was that just the evil power doing most of the heavy lifting at the time?

Fat Buu seemed about that strong when he fought Kid Buu. No reason to assume he is any weaker than when Babidi revived him.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

No reason to assume he is any weaker than when Babidi revived him.

I dunno, the series explicitly saying he lost more than half of his power when he separated from his evil self sounds like a solid reason.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Aurora posted:

The most important thing about Buu has always been his durability

that's what they said about Winnie The Pooh and look where that got him

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Petiso posted:

I dunno, the series explicitly saying he lost more than half of his power when he separated from his evil self sounds like a solid reason.

Fractional power level judgements never seem to work out in reality. Everyone is always saying poo poo like "oh I'm only using 1% of my power!" But then the hero powers up a bit more and the number was meaningless.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Winnie the Pooh could've totally been a lot more of a threat if he had bothered learning how to actually fight. Zamasu certainly made the most out of being immortal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Frost is currently on the run, then do you think he'll still be in the Multiverse Tournament? Maybe he can cut a deal for his freedom if he helps save his universe?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Frost isn't particularly strong, that's why he had to resort to cheating. Super Saiyan Cabba could probably body him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Frost returns as Golden Frost with his brother Meta Chiller and their father King Snow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Frost isn't particularly strong, that's why he had to resort to cheating. Super Saiyan Cabba could probably body him.

Maybe, but they have a team they need to fill out and he was considered good enough to be on the team last time.

Goku's team is going to have Roshi and Tien on it, I think Frost is a bit above those guys.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'm looking forward to seeing Universe 6 fill out its roster. Is Cabba gonna bring along his old mentor, Rabbit Hermit?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Maybe, but they have a team they need to fill out and he was considered good enough to be on the team last time.

Goku's team is going to have Roshi and Tien on it, I think Frost is a bit above those guys.

I dunno, Tien might be stronger than final form Freeze (on Namik). He would have to be to do what he did to Cell.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Frost returns as Golden Frost with his brother Meta Chiller and their father King Snow.

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Universe 6 fill out its roster. Is Cabba gonna bring along his old mentor, Rabbit Hermit?

:getin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

I dunno, Tien might be stronger than final form Freeze (on Namik). He would have to be to do what he did to Cell.

Nah. The Tri-Beam's gimmick is that it is insanely and absurdly strong because rather than just using Ki it literally kills you to use it. It's not that Tien is particularly strong but that he came up with a technique that is far above and beyond most people's.

It's sort of like how the Destructo Disk is absurdly OP for what it is.

Edit: Honestly, Earthlings are way better at coming up with techniques than anyone else in the setting.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Nah. The Tri-Beam's gimmick is that it is insanely and absurdly strong because rather than just using Ki it literally kills you to use it. It's not that Tien is particularly strong but that he came up with a technique that is far above and beyond most people's.

It's sort of like how the Destructo Disk is absurdly OP for what it is.

Edit: Honestly, Earthlings are way better at coming up with techniques than anyone else in the setting.

IIRC they mention it converts life energy into ki? Maybe the same thing that 'Getes tried when he blew himself up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rutibex posted:

Not in a million years.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Tien at his peak was maybe as strong as Nappa.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Tien at his peak was maybe as strong as Nappa.

That seems a bit unlikely considering that Namek-era Krillin was already significantly stronger than Nappa and while Tien never got his Guru-Touch on he at least seemed to be able to keep up with Krillin more or less.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ImpAtom posted:

That seems a bit unlikely considering that Namek-era Krillin was already significantly stronger than Nappa and while Tien never got his Guru-Touch on he at least seemed to be able to keep up with Krillin more or less.

Also that afterlife fight versus the Ginyu Force when he shits all over Jeice and Burter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At the end of the day we'll never know how an earthling stacks up against frieza or SS Goku. As soon as Namek was done, so too were the scouters.

I can theorycraft and tell you Krillin is the strongest human since his presumed fighting partner is a danged android, but I've got nothing to back it up.

So with all that, I just give humans the ceiling of form 3 Frieza just because :lol: at that form

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pik_d posted:

Also that afterlife fight versus the Ginyu Force when he shits all over Jeice and Burter

fillerrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Right now Tien is probably as strong as 195,000

• Locked thread