Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

I have several groups of F2P non-TM so I just build after whatever a trial or arena week needs: Noct, WoL x2, Krile x3, Kefka x3, Arc x2, ExDeath, Cecil, Black Cat Lid, White Witch Fina, Vaan

Yeah I guess wol x2 will do until you get more 6*'s. I ran 2x cecils for a while (including maxwell fight), before benching one of them.

PaybackJack posted:

Bartz does lack CC so I can see that. I'd still look into leveling Bartz because he's pretty handy, you might find those Chizuru get wiped against bosses with strong attacks and AOEs.

Perhaps, but good chaining is integral enough that I'll run the risk. I do have dualcast refia and cecil, plus cecil 2 if needed (later wol), so not too worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Use my compensation energy for the maze or save it for the raid boss?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

HGH posted:

Use my compensation energy for the maze or save it for the raid boss?

The raid doesn't use your NERG, it uses a whole separate "raid orbs" currency thing. Like Arena/Colosseum orbs, but also separate from that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've been told the JP raid used both orbs and NRG and had different tiers/difficulties.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is there a limit to how far a stat can be increased from using pots?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fisting Tent posted:

Is there a limit to how far a stat can be increased from using pots?

Yes. Check that unit's wiki page for those values.

They won't let you feed them any more of that pot after you hit the limit.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
pro tip: always keep a spare mini pot of each stat - if it gets greyed out after selecting a normal or king pot for fusing then you know you've reached the limit and may be wasting stats from the bigger pot

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
The JP stat boost view can't come soon enough. I hate having to track this poo poo in spreadsheets but I also hate wasting them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

maybe Medius will be really really good.

lol

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

There is exactly one move Medius needs to be competitive, and that's Dual Wield. If he has baked-in Dual Wield he'll be worth consideration even if he's got Bedile stats.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

There is exactly one move Medius needs to be competitive, and that's Dual Wield. If he has baked-in Dual Wield he'll be worth consideration even if he's got Bedile stats.

Yea, I'm still crossing my fingers for "Dual Guns" so I can have a reason to cook all my mustardios.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Just daily pulled Noctis :toot: first 5* base I've gotten, gonna be a good while before I can make him great though

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Problem with Medius is no matter what he gets he has draw attacks. Unless he gets evasion or something he literally had a huge target on his back.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If Jonnes is a goon; please set a proper companion character. Your Rain having-ness is risking your rear end.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Just daily pulled Noctis :toot: first 5* base I've gotten, gonna be a good while before I can make him great though

The moment you get him to 100 he's great enough to be a companion unit until later notice. Utility so mad I threw my healer out.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

If Jonnes is a goon; please set a proper companion character. Your Rain having-ness is risking your rear end.

The moment you get him to 100 he's great enough to be a companion unit until later notice. Utility so mad I threw my healer out.

I like having a Rain on my friends list so that I can use him for all the silly quests that require him as I'm grinding out free lapis.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I really wish they'd be more regular about their maintenance days and times. I just refreshed my energy and it goes down for maintenance at 11:00 pm on a Tuesday.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Yeah it does seem like a really odd time to drop that in. I would imagine there are still plenty of people, myself included, that were still right in the middle of doing poo poo. Don't know why they couldn't have waited another 2 or 3 hours to start if it's not some impending crash or something. Maybe they figure they're going to gently caress it all up like a week or whatever ago when things went down for the whole day.

So fellow noctis owners, what's the best option for kitting him out when I don't have any tm weapons? My top stuff are the enhancer chiradeon and that death scythe thing. I'm currently trying to grind out the stuff for the blood sword in the colosseum since I think that's a large sword that would give him the 35% boost. So far I'm leaning towards the blood sword once I get it until I can manage to grind out dk Cecils deathbringer or Excalibur in a year or so. I've got the chiradeon on cheese and it fits well with her so I don't want to mess with that.

Anyone know if there's another large sword coming down the pipe from a trial or anything?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I believe we get a 70ish atk holy greatsword next month.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Apparently some new thingie that gives out thingies for doing the thing over and over again

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Does anyone know how big the download after the latest update is? I won't have access to Wifi for a day but I'd rather not take a chunk out of my data plan.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
there are new bundles in the store:

300 lapis gets you two summon tickets, a key, three magicite, three megacite

47.99USD gets you 120 energy, 10k lapis, 10 tickets, 20 sacred crystals, 10 holy crystals, 15 keys, 30 star quartz

latter bundle seems to be one purchase only, former bundle seems to be once daily for nine days, both seem to be... actually good values? my head hurts, is this still gumi

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My daily is another mercedes. I cant believe Ive only been charlotted once this banner and the thing keeps handing mercedes like candy. My ticket comes out a 5* oh poo poo could it be, the prince finally shows up!? Nope, a loving 5* Zidane of all things. Ive never ben so conflicted.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

amaranthine posted:

47.99USD gets you 120 energy, 10k lapis, 10 tickets, 20 sacred crystals, 10 holy crystals, 15 keys, 30 star quartz

latter bundle seems to be one purchase only, former bundle seems to be once daily for nine days, both seem to be... actually good values? my head hurts, is this still gumi

If you want to spend money, this is the best deal so far.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Will the orlandu banner be another FFT themed one or will it be mixed? I dont know if I should be saving the tickets for that or whale for noctis still.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Medius and Cerius still suck, Rosalia is a dedicated defensive healer that could work if you have other buffers, and Noel is a pretty interesting and tanky mage:
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ji8my/gl_1221_maint_quick_peek/

Also the raid event is entirely NRG based, up to 23 for the hardest runs.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Will the orlandu banner be another FFT themed one or will it be mixed? I dont know if I should be saving the tickets for that or whale for noctis still.
I believe Orlandu drops with Ovelia at the very least, but you never know what can happen in the global version.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Medius and cerius are so trash that im noteven bothering to do daily pulls during this banner.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

amaranthine posted:

That sounds like a really good deal. I can't believe my eyes :psypop:

If you want to minmax this you should wait for Amazon Coins sales around Christmas 23-25 usually. Then you should get Amazon Gift Codes with Bitcoin for 30% off. You can shave off 70-80% this way. Like I did on Black Friday sales.

Vax fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 21, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That christmas deal is... almost reasonable? Huh.

Is there some reason Cerius is no good? Piles of elemental resist isn't useful for challenge fights?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
If you have CoD, she basically does the same thing with slightly lower resists.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

victrix posted:

Is there some reason Cerius is no good? Piles of elemental resist isn't useful for challenge fights?

You can get the resists elsewhere on characters that can actually do something other than cast resists.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Welp, no Dual Wield on Medius, he's still garbage. Dualcasting Bar-gas has potential but it would be nice if Cerius could do literally anything else.

I think even I might refrain from daily pulls on this banner, it's really goddamn bad unless you want feeders for Miracle Shoes or Growth Eggs. That lapis is better put to use gunning for the summon ticket bundles.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Wouldn't Cerius be a better dualcast healer than Krile with 6* stats?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

victrix posted:

Doesn't learn/can't equip and healing spells except Cura from the cure staff or summon Carbuncle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

You need to slap Carbuncle (or a Healing Staff) on her for Cura; she can't equip any white magic at all.

Krile, on the other hand, dualcasts Curajas without any trouble whatsoever.

e:f;b

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MohShuvuu posted:

If you have CoD, she basically does the same thing with slightly lower resists.

To be fair, Cerius is really good at it; CoD's are 30%, Cerius' are 70%. Of course not being able to do anything else just hurts her. If she'd gotten Cheer or Focus or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You can give Cerius Bio Blaster and Sunlight, and I guess the elemental blade skills? Abilities, you know. Since defensive green magic doesn't really seem to require a huge SPR stat, you have some wiggle room in making her a little more flexible... with the right ability TMs. She can equip axes and armor, too.

Is there some TM down the line that unlocks white or black magic?

I know, I know, she's not optimal:monocle:. But there may be a way to make her usable for people who don't get many or any five star pulls.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Daily: Agrias

Well, since she is 97/100 on that latest Altema update being top 8 and basically a mini-Orlandu I'm certainly not complaining.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Welp, guess I won't bother leveling him (her?) then. I'm never going to get any TMs, or at least, not more than one a year or whatever the proscribed gumi dirty poor/non macroer rate is.

Could use some guidance on who to bother raising now then, I maxed out Arc and Krile using the maze over the last few days.

Party is currently Noctis/Cecil/Lenna/Arc/Kefka

Maxed physicals: Leo, Artemios, Locke

Maxed casters: Tellah, Golbez, Celes, Krile

Non-maxed physicals: Firion, Kain, Fang, Freya, Faris, Vaan, Sazh, Edgar, Medius, Galuf, Mustadio, Charlotte

Non-maxed casters: Terra, Kuja, Garnet, Rydia, Alma, Roselia

Most of the ones I haven't raised yet seem like they're sidegradey to what I have now. I was going to raise Faris as my first Full Breaker, but Noctis seems to have rendered that need sorta moot.

Am I missing any standouts that I should bother investing in now, or just start banking cactuars for the future?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

victrix posted:

Welp, guess I won't bother leveling him (her?) then. I'm never going to get any TMs, or at least, not more than one a year or whatever the proscribed gumi dirty poor/non macroer rate is.

Could use some guidance on who to bother raising now then, I maxed out Arc and Krile using the maze over the last few days.

Party is currently Noctis/Cecil/Lenna/Arc/Kefka

Maxed physicals: Leo, Artemios, Locke

Maxed casters: Tellah, Golbez, Celes, Krile

Non-maxed physicals: Firion, Kain, Fang, Freya, Faris, Vaan, Sazh, Edgar, Medius, Galuf, Mustadio, Charlotte

Non-maxed casters: Terra, Kuja, Garnet, Rydia, Alma, Roselia

Most of the ones I haven't raised yet seem like they're sidegradey to what I have now. I was going to raise Faris as my first Full Breaker, but Noctis seems to have rendered that need sorta moot.

Am I missing any standouts that I should bother investing in now, or just start banking cactuars for the future?

I'd get Firion up, his 6* is coming reasonable soon and he's apparently quite good at 6*. That would give you another good Physical DPS attacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

6* firion needs tms fair warning

i got a 4* sazh today, where were you during grinding hell you piece of poo poo

• Locked thread