Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yinlock posted:

i mean if you want to go apocalyptic go wu/sarkeesian 2020 presidential run

slogan: making hillary 2016 look competent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bump_fn posted:

being back in taxachusetts my accent is coming back and its problematic

problemaatic

haavaard

yaard

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Serf posted:

who even supports wu anymore? she's pro-capitalism and as bougie as they come

Hilary Clinton.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wicked

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

tower time posted:

Adults compare the post-election Democratic party situation to impossibly long fantasy novel situations like 2 other people will get.

Ellison's Chain of dogs - He leads, yet is led, he strains forward, yet is held back, he bares his fangs, yet what nips at his heels if not those he is sworn to protect?

Malazan makes every thread better. PS: Clinton = Laseen, Trump = Mallick Rel

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

UHD posted:

does anyone outside the internet even know who the hell brianna wu is or is she famous for something i'm not aware of
no, she'll lose because it'll just be another name on the ballot

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
hot take: the internet isn't real

yet

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[taps mic]

Sarkeesian/Wu/Dunham 2020 ticket

y'all heard it here :smug:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i havent paid attention to wu or much of anybody in game dev twitter since opposition to you-know-what petered out and the alt-right became a thing

good to see that things...dont actually get any better :sigh:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

who even supports wu anymore? she's pro-capitalism and as bougie as they come

IdPol Idiots.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

boston chat

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

[taps mic]

Sarkeesian/Wu/Dunham 2020 ticket

y'all heard it here :smug:

as all 3 are scam artist they can totaly win like trump.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

posting from boston itt

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

maybe brianna wu will just keep the tumblr crowd contained into one bubble

just you know

an echo chamber within an echo chamber kind of deal here

if she runs, why not

I'm definitely not quoting this so I have that gif saved for later.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pollyanna posted:

posting from boston itt

nuke it all

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

i lol'ed

Fuckin' Internet, man

That said, I legit don't know why she's running for Congress in Massachusetts. This article did not specify whose seat she'd be gunning for, but all 9 of them are Dems, and none of them have particularly chosen a side in the factional struggle to my knowledge. Her mission statement was this

quote:

“The other reason I’m running is because I’m ready for a bolder Democratic Party. I didn’t personally support Sanders in the primary, but he tapped into a very powerful disconnect between our party’s leadership and our base. We want leaders that will fight for us, and all too often the Democrats don’t stand up to the fringe extreme of the Republican Party. I’ve been called a lot of names over my career, but I’ve never been told I’m scared of a fight. You know just how passionate I am about women in tech. But I believe we’ve hit an asymptote with what activism in tech can accomplish. People are aware of the problem, but all that’s getting done is window dressing. We don’t need more catered women in tech lunches, we don’t need speeches – we need structural bias against us to stop. And I think women in tech serving in the legislative branch is the next step forward.”

which is really vague apart from wanting to be an advocate for women in tech. Specifically she managed to be ambiguous as hell about Sanders and thereby about the current Dem factional struggle. I legit do not know what the end goal of this candidacy is, apart from probably being told "you should run for office" repeatedly by Internet people and taking that advice seriously.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Pollyanna posted:

posting from boston itt

im p sure its a state law that this has to be played at every sports game played in boston and im fine w that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also, just so everybody knows, Tom Brady did nothing wrong and will be the 2016 MVP

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

loquacius posted:

Also, just so everybody knows, Tom Brady did nothing wrong and will be the 2016 MVP

the patriots dont play in boston so i can comfortably say gently caress tom brady gently caress bill belechiecaik gently caress the patriots

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just realized that what I posted as Wu's mission statement was actually the secondary mission statement; the primary one was even vaguer

quote:

“The reason I decided to run is simple: [President-elect Donald] Trump is terrifyingly now in the White House. I can’t sit by making pleasant video game distractions for the next four years while the constitution is under assault. Hillary [Clinton] ran a brave marathon, and now it’s time for women of my generation to pick up that baton and commit to public service.”

Her mission statement is that she personally wants to be in Congress because that's better than doing nothing, which sounds like a great reason for her to vote for herself

bump_fn posted:

the patriots dont play in boston so i can comfortably say gently caress tom brady gently caress bill belechiecaik gently caress the patriots

You are entitled to your opinion, sir, but that does not change the facts I just posted :tipshat:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

rudatron posted:

no, she'll lose because it'll just be another name on the ballot

That happened to DeRay in Baltimore, so probably

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

as someone who doesn't care about football, i agree that innocent man and king of football tom brady is a fantastic player and good sportsman

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
which of these doesn't fit in?

boston red sox
boston celtics
boston bruins
new england patriots

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bump_fn posted:

boston red sox
boston celtics
boston bruins
new england patriots

smh at boston's inferior naming scheme

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loquacius posted:

Her mission statement was this

which is really vague apart from wanting to be an advocate for women in tech. Specifically she managed to be ambiguous as hell about Sanders and thereby about the current Dem factional struggle. I legit do not know what the end goal of this candidacy is, apart from probably being told "you should run for office" repeatedly by Internet people and taking that advice seriously.

"i blasted sanders and berniebros all throughout the election and now that clinton ate poo poo on live tv i need to regain face"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

when tom brady fell fully-formed from the tree of life to save a crying child, there were some who called him demon from jealousy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bump_fn posted:

boston red sox
boston celtics
boston bruins
new england patriots

You forgot the New England Revolution :colbert:

yeah though it's a pain getting to Foxboro, if we managed to get a state government willing to anger the rich people in the Berkshires by spending money on actually improving our transit system maybe we could do something about that

(the football train is not enough)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
any sports team that doesnt play in the actual city is literal trash

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loquacius posted:

I just realized that what I posted as Wu's mission statement was actually the secondary mission statement; the primary one was even vaguer

Her mission statement is that she personally wants to be in Congress because that's better than doing nothing, which sounds like a great reason for her to vote for herself

goddammit the only thing tech is good for is for getting a decent pay grifting startups and idiot corporations out of their STEM money, trying to use it as a basis for society and change is an awful loving idea

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

"i blasted sanders and berniebros all throughout the election and now that clinton ate poo poo on live tv i need to regain face"

I didn't know she did that but am unsurprised

The one thing she appears to give poo poo one about from this article is feminism so it makes sense

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Yinlock posted:

when tom brady fell fully-formed from the tree of life to save a crying child, there were some who called him demon from jealousy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

post more gifs of sad brady tia

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i suppose to an uncultured savage brady's valiant struggle might look distateful

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

goddammit the only thing tech is good for is for getting a decent pay grifting startups and idiot corporations out of their STEM money, trying to use it as a basis for society and change is an awful loving idea

Campaigning as a crusader for women in tech is the most Coastal Liberal Elite thing and will unseat exactly zero longstanding Democratic incumbents

:same:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

Campaigning as a crusader for women in tech is the most Coastal Liberal Elite thing and will unseat exactly zero longstanding Democratic incumbents

:same:

it does make the alt-right extremely loving mad though, so there's that at least

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

do this

i like seeing him suffer

considering that you will never shut the gently caress up about him and thats making me suffer so lets have it both ways :suicide:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loquacius posted:

I didn't know she did that but am unsurprised

The one thing she appears to give poo poo one about from this article is feminism so it makes sense

see the thing about the word "idpol" is that it technically means "the politics of identity (race, gender, religion, etc.)" but is often used to refer to "the politics of identity to the exclusion of all else", which is what people who go all :argh: IDPOL!!! :argh: are gnashing their teeth about

but you're right about her one thing she cares about being feminism, i don't even think it's intersectional feminism - just tech lady feminism. tunney feminism.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fuckin bitches

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

bump_fn posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yinlock posted:

it does make the alt-right extremely loving mad though, so there's that at least

this and getting more donations from Internet people appears to be the primary goal of her candidacy

Pollyanna posted:

see the thing about the word "idpol" is that it technically means "the politics of identity (race, gender, religion, etc.)" but is often used to refer to "the politics of identity to the exclusion of all else", which is what people who go all :argh: IDPOL!!! :argh: are gnashing their teeth about

but you're right about her one thing she cares about being feminism, i don't even think it's intersectional feminism - just tech lady feminism. tunney feminism.

yup

"white feminism" is a good term for it

• Locked thread