Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
best to decline if there isn't someone over 40 on the interview loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Gazpacho posted:

best to decline if there isn't someone over 40 on the interview loop

what if the only over 40 is some SVP or C-level trying to read you

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
I've been looking around casually for another gig for a bit and it's really bizarre when you ask about working from home occasionally and suddenly they get all huffy about how THE CULTURE requires everyone to be physically present in the office at all times

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
"THE CULTURE is so good that if they felt they really had to get something done they would stay late just to get it done!"
like a point of pride instead of an immediate huge red flag

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ahmeni posted:

"THE CULTURE is so good that if they felt they really had to get something done they would stay late just to get it done!"
like a point of pride instead of an immediate huge red flag

i would like to work in The Culture please

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

i would like to work in The Culture please

Today I'm going to gland "gives a gently caress"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ahmeni posted:

I've been looking around casually for another gig for a bit and it's really bizarre when you ask about working from home occasionally and suddenly they get all huffy about how THE CULTURE requires everyone to be physically present in the office at all times

lmao

my current company's nearest office is 30 miles away and rush hour traffic here is horrendous

i told them straight up if they expected me to be in the office every day to look for someone else and all they said was "try to come in twice a week for the few few months to get to know people"

a year later I still come in twice a week :shobon:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Tatsujin posted:

what if the only over 40 is some SVP or C-level trying to read you
that still indicates some degree of adult supervision

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

a year later I still come in twice a week :shobon:

yeah come in a sock lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

yeah come in a sock lol

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

yeah come in a sock lol

seems like your kinda thing cause they come in pairs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ahmeni posted:

seems like your kinda thing cause they come in pairs

and after a while you always lose the mating one

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

lomarf

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i got an email from an apple recruiter like 3 weeks ago and gmail decided it was a social media email and didnt give me a notification. loving thanks google. hopefully he's still willing to talk to me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

:thurman:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

i got an email from an apple recruiter like 3 weeks ago and gmail decided it was a social media email and didnt give me a notification. loving thanks google. hopefully he's still willing to talk to me.

recruiters are definitely known for being super fickle and selective so

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

just say you were on vacation

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Management posted:

just say you were on vacation

i already told him the real thing that happened so too late for that whelp.

sucks too because it sounds like the perfect job for me. it's a hybrid dev/educator role where i would be developing playground environments and documentation that other devs use to learn apple products. its like a perfect synthesis of everything ive done since i got into tech. i really, really hope hes still willing to talk to me.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i already told him the real thing that happened so too late for that whelp.

sucks too because it sounds like the perfect job for me. it's a hybrid dev/educator role where i would be developing playground environments and documentation that other devs use to learn apple products. its like a perfect synthesis of everything ive done since i got into tech. i really, really hope hes still willing to talk to me.

I really wouldn't sweat this one very much, it's not a big deal.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

I really wouldn't sweat this one very much, it's not a big deal.

sweet. im realizing my current job has really done a number on me mentally because this is totally the type of thing they try to program you to sweat about.

bonus: at staff meeting on monday they responded to the question "do we have paid parental leave" with "if you had the baby, you can use short-term disability with fmla". yes, the insurance i pay money for is exactly the same as paid parental leave.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol labor laws in the US are garbage

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

having a child is a disability, lonely hr computer man says

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

lancemantis posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Agile Vector posted:

even better, our billionnaire ceo is a women with 3 kids. working through her childrens childhoods was good enough for her so its good enough for us i guess? she bragged about working through a tornado warning too.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lancemantis posted:

i just presumed there werent any

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Agile Vector posted:

yeah my wife took out a temporary disability policy so she'd have some income while on maternity leave.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

echinopsis posted:

i just presumed there werent any

give it about a year and there won't be

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
countdown till minimum wage insurance

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
who needs a minimum wage when Walmart can pay people in Walbux company scrip by 2018

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016
if you don't get two years of 80% of your salary when you rear a child then congrats on living in a garbage country I guess?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

double ohm seven posted:

if you don't get two years of 80% of your salary when you rear a child then congrats on living in a garbage country I guess?

let me tell you about a little something called personal responsibility :smug:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

double ohm seven posted:

Keep talkin poo poo, see if you keep talkin poo poo in the Trump-launched million-degree initial nuclear strike, and we'll hang out livin the good life till the retaliatory Russian strike

double ohm seven
Jul 14, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

Keep talkin poo poo, see if you keep talkin poo poo in the Trump-launched million-degree initial nuclear strike, and we'll hang out livin the good life till the retaliatory Russian strike

putin's probably gonna use my city as a calibration target for the icbms so I'll be long gone before any mad maxian battle for water begins. as i stand in the face of the mushroom cloud, awaiting sweet release by fiery shock wave, I'll have no regrets knowing that i spent my first years as a dad hanging with my boys without a financial care in the world.

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

double ohm seven posted:

putin's probably gonna use my city as a calibration target for the icbms so I'll be long gone before any mad maxian battle for water begins. as i stand in the face of the mushroom cloud, awaiting sweet release by fiery shock wave, I'll have no regrets knowing that i spent my first years as a dad hanging with my boys without a financial care in the world.

:same:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Jonny 290 posted:

trump isn't going to launch anything, he's just going to let Russia roll into Europe. instead of paternity leave they will be holed up in a forest trying to attack Russian convoys for food and ammo.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Management posted:

trump isn't going to launch anything, he's just going to let Russia roll into Europe. instead of paternity leave they will be holed up in a forest trying to attack Russian convoys for food and ammo.

oh okay then

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/811977223326625792

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I think — I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me.

one of the more frightening future trends is the fading of the nuclear taboo. the cold war has been over for almost 30 years, hiroshima and nagasaki were 70 years ago, and the number of people who lived under and remember the sheer terror of mutual assured destruction is starting to really drop

you can see something similar in the startling way that anti-semitism and neo-nazi signifying has been creeping back into the mainstream, along with open racism and white nationalism. wwii and the civil rights movement are increasingly quaint historical events, just another sepia-toned chapter in a textbook for people born after 1975

fun times ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ti too believe what he tweets

• Locked thread