Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Wow poo poo Inri and barftrent both back after epic megatrolleing. I am really glad you guys are back after sucking off jew baby dicks. Thank you, thank you god for making sure that these two can show us the way of god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

It's called metzitzah b'peh and they sell the discarded foreskins to skincare companies to put in anti wrinkle cream

No I'm pretty sure however you like to put your fyadisms (aka 1488 stormfront) this is just racism.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
At this point, I am sure that inri is not really the manifestation of the christian god, but perhaps, and just work with me here, a dirty muslin.

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
Hey, but whatever. This is comedy and it sure is fun! Isn't it BarfTrent and NAZIHITLER INRI

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
omg i have been trollededed oh god please i am sorry please sa wash my sins away

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pimblor posted:

No I'm pretty sure however you like to put your fyadisms (aka 1488 stormfront) this is just racism.

It's on google and everything. sometimes it makes the mainstream news when the babies get herpes from the rabbi and die from open wound infection

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

It's on google and everything. sometimes it makes the mainstream news when the babies get herpes from the rabbi and die from open wound infection

hi you're a piece of poo poo (unironically) thanks and god bless namaste

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Just landed the contract to do branding and promo for a large music festival yay!

Please dance naked on an exploding ship to promote the venue.

Just kidding, good on ya!

e: Woah, posted from past and landed in psycho-ville. Pgabz, no matter how angry you are, please do not perceive the ship dance idea as a death threat. Please and thank you.

Oleyo fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 21, 2016

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

please quote me in your forums so you win

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pimblor posted:

please quote me in your forums so you win

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/features/.premium-1.644138 you can find out a little more about the ritual from this article discussing some of the issues involved in it written by a journalist for this jewish news website

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/features/.premium-1.644138 you can find out a little more about the ritual from this article discussing some of the issues involved in it written by a journalist for this jewish news website

hi thanks for your continued anti-semitic posting, please continue your fetish, allahu ackbar amirite guise

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/AFJp1D5.gifv

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pimblor posted:

hi thanks for your continued anti-semitic posting, please continue your fetish, allahu ackbar amirite guise

Additionally, regarding the sale of the discarded skin to skincare companies for use in things such as anti wrinkle cream, there's plenty of reading material for that too. you can find it on google https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...-JcrG8Afp6JfwBg pardon my anti-semitism :-]

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

Love this... this is how CIG changed the pilot viewpoint in ships so you can see our of the canopy better.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7377757/#Comment_7377757

Ahhhh the "Grandpa driving" position.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Everyone just chill out and take a look at this rad dog who doesn't feel strongly one way or another about Jews please.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Looks like disco is fired/[redacted]/drunk somewhere,

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/362745/community-manager-s-log-and-schedule-december-19th-2016

New dev same as old, SHIP SALES FIRST SENTENCE!!!11111

yep.

Gotta love their sale process. "We've sold it to ya, now we'll let you ask some questions about it, and give answers that will have no bearing on what you finally get."

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Anyone else look at that and think "Poor cat Citizen."? No, just me then? Ok.......

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Boom. Refund issued. $560.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Congrats!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Double post but hey weren't they supposed to make like real models of these loving ships you bought too? Like that was a thing right? Did that poo poo ever happen?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MarcusSA posted:

Double post but hey weren't they supposed to make like real models of these loving ships you bought too? Like that was a thing right? Did that poo poo ever happen?

SAVE 35 dollars now, or wait till some poor shluck in a dollar store unloads a container in new jersy in the near future,

hmmm.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

$560?!?! Pftt, and you called yourself a special snowflake, no wonder they ignored you.

Bonus young Ben jackass footage..

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder when all the ships will be discounted 25%, then 50% then 75%, then no one buys them.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:justpost:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It'll be a sad day, all the ships will be "in stock" and no one buys them.

So much wasted jpgs.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
A game without a player, a remnant of a lost civilisation with security systems, waiting for the A.I to become sentient.

The attack never comes.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

SAVE 35 dollars now, or wait till some poor shluck in a dollar store unloads a container in new jersy in the near future,

hmmm.

How much is that lovely model? As a 40k player it looks like someone tried to make a 3D print of a Bones mini.

Hell, even Gary Morley's Nagash model looked better.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Baxta posted:

I backed this a few months ago and have thrown a couple hundred bucks at it.

After I tried to load up Star Citizen the other day to play with my JPEGs, it was apparent they had hosed something between the 2.5 servers and the purchases db.

I googled around. Hundreds of people having the same issue. No response from CIG.

I waited a day because I had done a similar thing at *LARGE SOFTWARE COMPANY* when migrating an old instance to different servers. Probably forgot to update server names/IPs somewhere.

Started to get worried a day later when there was still no response and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would move the 2.5 instance when testing 2.6. I mean 2.5 being the current live version, there would be zero reason to move it to test a branch.

Then I got paranoid because the only reason you'd do that is if you didn't have resources to concurrently run the two instances. It would be rear end backwards and loving retarded to break live, say oh well and tell everyone 2.6 is the new live and it will be available "soon".

But that is what looks like has happened.

That or they moved the servers hosting the purchases. Once again... Why?!

Long story short, I googled around and found this thread.

Feelin pretty stupid right now.

Don't feel stupid, friend. The marketing tactics have fooled a lot of people, including very many rather intelligent people. The concept of Star Citizen has been something that many have always wanted. It's probably been the fever dream of many young, aspiring game developers. It's that holy grail of amazing technology and gameplay and exploration and simulation that has been a likely hallmark of aspirations for millions of gamers.

Unfortunately though, it does appear that CIG will not be the ambitious and capable company to deliver that dream. No doubt as many have said, a refund may be highly suggested. However, if you've already purchased it and have spent <$70 on it, and don't mind actually gambling and it playing with 30 gig or so "patches" every couple of days, you may want to stay in and play it every so often. Make a few videos here and there and share your experiences with the world.

If none of that interests you, and you feel like you're being taken for a ride by a shady company a half step away from being a legitimate and illegal scam, you may want to pursue that refund. :)

The choice is yours!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

I look down at the magnificence and call it the Warlord.

Lol.

I feel like I'm somehow going to miss out on this joke due to an inability to participate, but these are good. :D

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I just scrolled past this stuff on my phone without reading even a word, and I still feel exhausted and drained!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lime Tonics posted:

hmmm.

This character model is still way more accurate:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MarcusSA posted:

They made a model of the Constellation and then promptly changed everything about it.

Also wow, they totally nuked my account. None of that bullshit about leaving things lying around. I was erased from existence.

WOOHOO!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

The Titanic posted:

Don't feel stupid, friend. The marketing tactics have fooled a lot of people, including very many rather intelligent people. The concept of Star Citizen has been something that many have always wanted. It's probably been the fever dream of many young, aspiring game developers. It's that holy grail of amazing technology and gameplay and exploration and simulation that has been a likely hallmark of aspirations for millions of gamers.

Unfortunately though, it does appear that CIG will not be the ambitious and capable company to deliver that dream. No doubt as many have said, a refund may be highly suggested. However, if you've already purchased it and have spent <$70 on it, and don't mind actually gambling and it playing with 30 gig or so "patches" every couple of days, you may want to stay in and play it every so often. Make a few videos here and there and share your experiences with the world.

If none of that interests you, and you feel like you're being taken for a ride by a shady company a half step away from being a legitimate and illegal scam, you may want to pursue that refund. :)

The choice is yours!

In all seriousness if it wasn't for the constant 30gb patches I would probably drop the $45 or whatever on a copy of Star Citizen just to a. See how hosed it is first hand b. provide the thread entertainment showing bugs and dumb stuff and c. grief the poo poo out of any serious 'testers' I could find.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Whoa thread's gettin way weird again

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

crobbers: WHY DO THOSE GLOVES LOOK NON-FIDELITOUS?

artist #32: basic assets.. I'm working on the more relevant 3.0 stuff that's coming u-

crobbers: NO, STOP THAT, THE TEXTURE OF THE FABRIC ON THOSE GLOVES ERR NEED TO BE AHHHH MORE, JUST ERRR DOO IT

This one got me. What the heck is "glove culling"? :confused:

Is it ... broken in that picture? Or is it... fixed in that picture?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They made a model of the Constellation and then promptly changed everything about it.

Also wow, they totally nuked my account. None of that bullshit about leaving things lying around. I was erased from existence.

WOOHOO!

Try to log in after they do a patch, sometimes the account works, sometimes it doesn't, i've been out a year and change and my log-in creds are weirded out like that, even been able to post a few times before the "other"? software kicks in. I canceled the credit card i used for my account to just in case they go all AOL, thou shall not cancel bs.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

OhDearGodNo posted:

How much is that lovely model? As a 40k player it looks like someone tried to make a 3D print of a Bones mini.

Hell, even Gary Morley's Nagash model looked better.

It's $90 USD now but the model is actually p cool. It's 10" long, has a semi detailed cockpit and is half made of metal with a bunch of articulated parts.

If GW made this model it would be $195 GBP kit mostly injection molded plastic with a few token pewter parts that make it top heavy or otherwise off balance, or if it were made by ForgeWorld it would be $1245 GBP and cast as 3 big rear end solid pieces. It's still a dumb cig design, but well beyond what GW does for twice the money.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

The Titanic posted:

Lol.

I feel like I'm somehow going to miss out on this joke due to an inability to participate, but these are good. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Inkel posted:

Star Citizen dev says Crytek closures will have no impact on his game
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/20/14029448/star-citizen-crytek-closures-impact-squadron-42-star-marine

Everything is fine.

"We've done such irrevocable damage to our version of CryEngine that it can barely compile an FPS level now," Swofford claims as he waves his hands. "Each time we ask for help, the CryEngine team just busts out in laughter. They laugh at Chris for ten minutes on conference calls. It echos through the whole building. All of the developers sit there quietly, beads of sweat trickling along their nose as they watch The Chairman slowly lift a shaker finger to finally cancel the call."

Swofford goes further into detail to reassure fans everything is ok, "But since they're from somewhere in Europe or something, they laugh with an accent. And Chris has a hard time understanding people unless he can get the full visual, hand motions and the like. So he laughs as he says, 'I think they said they'll email us how to fix the speedy-but-patient version of my reload animation.'"

CryEngine rendering of fidelity example:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 21, 2016