Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

FrozenVent posted:

As long as the sister is of the same race.

Sister-sexing = OK
Sista-sexing = not OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I don't have a sister, so maybe I don't understand, but wouldn't it be pretty easy to judge how attractive your sister was, unclothed or not?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

kimbo305 posted:

I don't have a sister, so maybe I don't understand, but wouldn't it be pretty easy to judge how attractive your sister was, unclothed or not?

Trap sprung

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

kimbo305 posted:

Based on our illustrious forum's history, the ideal way to deal with a hawt sister is to sniff her panties straight out of the hamper and then post an angry thread when other goons call your house.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I kinda miss stuff like that, doesn't seem to happen so much any more.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

kimbo305 posted:

I think the key distinction is between acknowledging that your sibling/relative looks good (normal) and being sexually attracted to them (weird).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think the key distinction is between acknowledging that your sibling/relative looks good (normal) and being sexually attracted to them (weird).

I guess I think of the FML as saying "i didn't know she was hot until i saw her naked."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"I wanna gently caress my bearded sister" - OP

e: Ahaha just noticed Alabama: this isn't real because all the girls he would've slept with would have been his sisters.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Jerry Cotton posted:

"I wanna gently caress my bearded sister" - OP

e: Ahaha just noticed Alabama: this isn't real because all the girls he would've slept with would have been his sisters.

I'm surprised he didn't propose right then. :heysexy:

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING

Continued: https://imgur.com/gallery/qHrK6

None of this happened. Not even sure I agree with it as a method of getting a kid into charity / random acts of kindness.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Fruit Smoothies posted:

None of this happened. Not even sure I agree with it as a method of getting a kid into charity / random acts of kindness.

I, too, take my six-year-old out for coffee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fruit Smoothies posted:

A good parent would just raise their child to become a social democrat because making charity obsolete is the only noble goal. (You can still be charitable in the mean time.)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Fruit Smoothies posted:

I'm pretty sure a 6 or 7 year old isn't capable of feeling that kind of intrinsic reward from doing a good deed. Like their tiny lizard brains just do not have that capacity yet.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

dordreff posted:

I'm pretty sure a 6 or 7 year old isn't capable of feeling that kind of intrinsic reward from doing a good deed. Like their tiny lizard brains just do not have that capacity yet.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572232

The only difference between this thread and others is goons claiming it happened to them instead. :v:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fruit Smoothies posted:

Becoming a Santa sounds like some assassin's creed poo poo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zelder posted:

Becoming a Santa sounds like some assassin's creed poo poo

well both concepts had terrible movies

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gschmidl posted:

I, too, take my six-year-old out for coffee.

i've been taking my kid out for coffee since before he was 1 but i'm a terrible parent

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Brother Entropy posted:

well both concepts had terrible movies
How dare you, The Santa Clause was a masterpiece inspiring a generation of inflation fetishists

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i've been taking my kid out for coffee since before he was 1 but i'm a terrible parent

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Davoren posted:

Sjw strikes again!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Davoren posted:

Goons are old enough that their families have finally cut off the really weird ones, or at least started locking up the panties.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Coat

quote:

This troper ran into a former neighbor at a huge Warhammer convention. Said neighbor had recently moved to Wales, and neither party had any idea the other played, and are both building similar armies. (And, apparently, this troper is also recognisable from behind with his long hair down and wearing a Badass Longcoat, when previously only seen with hair up and not wearing the coat.)

Number

quote:

This troper had a slight crush on a particular boy in high school. She met him in a history class, and later had auto shop with him, where they became fairly good friends. A year or so after graduation, she ran into him working in the mall. Upon hearing of this, her then-boyfriend said he was a family friend and gave her the guy's number - but she was too shy to call back after the first time, the phone having been picked up by his mother. Some time after that, the again-single troper and the boy met again - one was taking the bus to college, the other was taking the bus home from college. The same college. Third time was the charm, and about a year later they were married.

Woman

quote:

The following conversation occurred at a card party a few months ago, with a woman who was engaged to the best friend of a man my family knew from church:
Woman: I teach theater arts for a living.
Me: Oh, really? I'm getting involved in theater arts myself. Where do you teach?
Woman: At X City College.
Me: Huh! That's where I go!
Woman: Are you enrolled in the Day Rep class? It's required for theater arts students.
Me: Yeah, I just saw that performance yesterday.
Woman: I was the one who presented that act. I'm your teacher.
Me: ... I thought you looked kinda familiar.

Reunion

quote:

I used to live in a small town of about a 1000 people. I now live in a large city with my Dad. One of my Dad's friends comes over, and he brings his daughter with him. His daughter, in turn, brings her boyfriend. Her boyfriend was from the same town as me, and the last time we saw each other he had suckerpunched me and knocked out one of my teeth. The reunion did not end well for him that night.

FBI

quote:

Once did a school assignment 'How To' thing on 'How to blow up the local mall'. Once asked for a map of a millitary weapon museum because my artistic creativity was inspired. Both before Columbine and 9-11 or this troper would probably have a bigger FBI file then he has (he's posted some dumb-rear end things to Usenet).

Virginity

quote:

This troper has badgered her guy friends about sexual techniques and virginity for stories she has written.

Gun

quote:

This troper does this a lot. He asks his friends constantly for new ways to make weapons from household equipment, which means that he'll be invaluable in the Zombie Apocalypse. Not only that, but when he was recently asking a forum he frequents about ways to smuggle guns through customs, someone claimed that it, as well as doing things like Ever mentioning Osama Bin Laden on the internet would get me put on the US terror watchlist and anything vaguely illegal I did, ever, would be punished. I laughed at him not only because of the stupidity but also because I'm British and the US has no jurisdiction over me, and it's rather unlikely they'd extradite someone for, you know, enquiring purely academically how to smuggle one gun through customs.
I would think it even more unlikely to do that for real, as GB has a very strict gun control, and the USA has.... not.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Wow troper tales are always awful but those are somehow so much worse than usual.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheese-cube posted:

Wow troper tales are always awful but those are somehow so much worse than usual.

some of those were so banal and unnecessary to tell the world that i think they started to wrap around and almost became a little endearing

it's like a really dumb excited dog that keeps trying to get your attention about something so mundane it takes you a minute to realize they aren't just freaking out over nothing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

some of those were so banal and unnecessary to tell the world that i think they started to wrap around and almost became a little endearing

it's like a really dumb excited dog that keeps trying to get your attention about something so mundane it takes you a minute to realize they aren't just freaking out over nothing

Mods please name-change to Coat Story Troper. It would go well with my avatar.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
"(he's posted some dumb-rear end things to Usenet)."

ANime

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Haifisch posted:

Goons are old enough that their families have finally cut off the really weird ones, or at least started locking up the panties.

Goons are getting old enough that the Goons are the parents locking up the panties.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kontradaz posted:

"(he's posted some dumb-rear end things to Usenet)."

ANime

Anime rhymes with a thyme.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Parsley sage rosemary and Goku

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Khazar-khum posted:

Coat

Number

Woman

Reunion

FBI

Virginity

Gun

1) What man with long hair normally wears it "up"? In a topknot?
2) So she was on the bus going in to college, and he was on the bus coming home from the same college. How did they meet up? Did they wave to each other as the buses were passing each other going in opposite directions.
3) An even more boring way to say "I saw a teacher outside of school hours."
4) A boring way to say even less. Perhaps he is bragging about being punched earlier?
5) "I am a sociopath who likes bombs and guns. How edgy and awesome am I. I mean I am even on a watchlist for saying edgy stuff on usenet"
6) "I am a creep"
7) see 5, but with less internet edge

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

BrigadierSensible posted:

1) What man with long hair normally wears it "up"? In a topknot?

in some circuls this is known as the infamous Man Bun

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never gotten a wrong text, just lots of wrong calls. Does anyone just type numbers into their phone to text anymore?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I've never gotten a wrong text, just lots of wrong calls. Does anyone just type numbers into their phone to text anymore?

I've gotten a couple. But they were all "huh. This is the number she gave me last night at the bar..."

Apparently, some woman is handing out my number as pest deterrent to guys who won't take a hint.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I have (mostly transposed digits), and I do (bus schedules, buy/sell and other one-time communications).

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Am i parsing this right? Her boyfriend gave her another dude's number so she could maybe go out with him?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

flosofl posted:

I've gotten a couple. But they were all "huh. This is the number she gave me last night at the bar..."

Apparently, some woman is handing out my number as pest deterrent to guys who won't take a hint.

Getting a new number with my iPhone introduced me to the wonderful world of debt collectors. Piecing together information from Google and the phone calls, I discovered that the previous holder of my number was an Orlando air conditioning salesman and part-time DJ who had a ton of debt that a lot of people were trying to collect on. You can bet he didn't tell anyone he changed his number.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

areyoucontagious posted:

Am i parsing this right? Her boyfriend gave her another dude's number so she could maybe go out with him?

I read that that way too. *shrug* nothing wrong with poly couples.

Regarding wrong numbers, I've had the same number for like, 7 or 8 years now. When I got it I lived in a different state. A dude in the city I lived in STILL gives my number out, either out of dyslexia or to avoid people. I get both personal calls and calls from medical billing for the guy, so I strongly suspect it's the latter. Only a couple times have I gotten texts to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I suppose the digits could have got transposed when they originally entered the number into phone contacts? I mainly use instant message apps now so the only texts I really get are from people without smartphones, my provider and my bank.