Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope they don't drop the level of quality with the new stuff.

The release maps where very good, brilliant. Giant Shadow or whatever is ... normal, not brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just saw a guy that got 3 servicestars... with a dreadnought :stare:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

shut up blegum posted:

Just saw a guy that got 3 servicestars... with a dreadnought :stare:

Doesn't seem that hard, it has probably the most killing potential if lined up right. Those cannons can instant kill a tank if lined up right.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

How does the game decide who gets to drive the dreadnought/train/behemoth? I've occasionally been able to spawn into one, but I have no idea how you get to drive it. Is it a matter of dying when you hear there's one enroute and hanging around in the spawn screen and being the first to click it when it appears as an option?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Finger Prince posted:

How does the game decide who gets to drive the dreadnought/train/behemoth? I've occasionally been able to spawn into one, but I have no idea how you get to drive it. Is it a matter of dying when you hear there's one enroute and hanging around in the spawn screen and being the first to click it when it appears as an option?

Yup. Just gotta be quicker than the younger kids who are probably hyped up on sugar and makes a mad dash to the icon on the spawn screen.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ineffiable posted:

Doesn't seem that hard, it has probably the most killing potential if lined up right. Those cannons can instant kill a tank if lined up right.

Dreadnought stars should count negative because it means your team sucks often enough for you to get them. Play the objectives bitches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJjFK62-I2A

mothafuckin tank grenades! Youtube offered to stabilize this video because my man was sprinting and that makes his cellphone shaky.

Also another clip (I came back from getting a drink or manipulating something in the menus maybe?) to find guests arriving at my house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-QB9y6g25U&t=20s

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah, but like the guy above me pointed out, you have to lose a ton of games to get in the dreadnought in the first place. That's wat made me :stare:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I've never understood how people can just fixate on one singular aspect of the BF games.

If you are that into battleships then play Steel Wake or whatever it's called.

If all you want to do is snipe then play Sniper Elite.

I guess it's just autism.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

I've never understood how people can just fixate on one singular aspect of the BF games.

If you are that into battleships then play Steel Wake or whatever it's called.

If all you want to do is snipe then play Sniper Elite.

I guess it's just autism.

I love to tank :henget:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
http://i.imgur.com/UTYBFn8.gifv

Edit: REVERSAL OF FORTUNE

http://i.imgur.com/pG4hdfu.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 20, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I only just noticed (because I assumed they were team-oriented because more people roll with a generic one) that emblems show up on the sides of vehicles you occupy. Is there anywhere else they display?

Love my dickbutt-emblazoned sidecars yo!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I noticed mine on the stock of my rifle last night when I had a skin equipped on it

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
They show up on your shoulder so you can identify cool dudes at a glance.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'm playing right now y'all

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm (king dugga ii) having really bad network issues tonight, keep getting spit out of party chat from network errors and major rubber banding. Might try again later, suspect it's my internet connection.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Side takedowns with the knife never get old.

http://i.imgur.com/YQ7ZxjA.gifv

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finger Prince posted:

I'm (king dugga ii) having really bad network issues tonight, keep getting spit out of party chat from network errors and major rubber banding. Might try again later, suspect it's my internet connection.

Oh that's you. You did good repairing my landship. We had some good times on that son of a bitch.

Poop, I hope you liked my kolbri antics on Monte grappa.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Oh that's you. You did good repairing my landship. We had some good times on that son of a bitch.

Poop, I hope you liked my kolbri antics on Monte grappa.

I keep thinking about changing my forums name to match my PS4 name but ehhh. Yeah that was fun, set up a smoke screen and start wrenching. One guy got me good with a rocket round though.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arty truck is bae
http://xboxclips.com/Legeidus/781aae71-f87b-428a-868b-fece9b4c9cf1

Never not shoot at planes???
http://xboxclips.com/Legeidus/066c4c72-6f0f-49a0-81f5-f1de92a271de

Game is fun.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah! I always feel dumb shooting my machine gun at planes as support, but it does damage. Which is damage. It's not like its possible for me to run out of ammo.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

From today's shenanigans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkUka3irl3E

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Wow haha

Btw I also have a non synced account and am Poophole. Yes Eff you got up to very good hijinks but it's really weird not being able to talk to / hear you. Also Pickle and Winter we had legitimate Good Chats today thanks Y'ALL

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just worked out that the grenade launcher is on a timer for resupply, just like the mortar. So if you're going to run one, might as well run both because ammo packs won't help you with either.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

People warping through my bayonet charges and shooting me in the back makes me want to smash things.

Also, I'm the medic running around with my syringe out and achieving a total of 3 revives all loving round because people just mash A. My squadmates would run up and get healing kits from me when wounded but if they died I couldn't make it across a 10 foot room before they respawned.

2 of my revives came from a tank blowing up in front of me and two corpses literally rolling to my feet so I could stick them before they could hold A.

Sweet baby christo.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the revive icon starts flashing when they hold a so i just ignore it and seem to have no problem getting revives on the non impatient

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Wow haha

Btw I also have a non synced account and am Poophole. Yes Eff you got up to very good hijinks but it's really weird not being able to talk to / hear you. Also Pickle and Winter we had legitimate Good Chats today thanks Y'ALL

Yeah I was just too tired to chat but I wanted to get a good hour or two in. I actually managed to finish that iron star medal. I guess I must have seemed like the strong silent commander of the squad.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Dominiation on the new map is horrible. And for some reason you need 150 points to win instead of 100. Weird.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That feel when you hear a sniper rifle but don't see a buddy on your radar

http://i.imgur.com/3rkfwbP.gifv

I just want to know how long he was hiding there

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also, I didnt see anyone mention it, but the last patch fixed it so that your xp bar now shows progress towards your next level and not total xp vs. Total xp required for next level.

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 21, 2016

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

-500 points for not medic syringe-ing him.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Pleads posted:

medic woes

lol so what I do is I make a "reputation" for myself handing out bandages and being patient with the revives and eventually pubbies stop mashing the respawn button. Also the fact that I pop smoke grenades to cover revives and that I avoid risks in order to stay alive. before I know it there's a whole army of the undead flying out of my syringe
:gizz:

maybe having a weird but readable screenname helps ?

moist turtleneck posted:

lmbo

what if he was trying to mask his shots with the blast of the howitzer

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

mellowjournalism posted:

lol so what I do is I make a "reputation" for myself handing out bandages and being patient with the revives and eventually pubbies stop mashing the respawn button. Also the fact that I pop smoke grenades to cover revives and that I avoid risks in order to stay alive. before I know it there's a whole army of the undead flying out of my syringe
:gizz:

This is important to do. Sometimes I'll die and there'll be 3 medics nearby. Some of them are getting closer, so I wait. Oh, one of them is down to 6m, maybe he's making his way over here? Nope, going away again. And eventually they all leave. If this happens a few times, i don't wait for any medic thats not already within 5m. Its not like they're playing the objectives while they're not reviving me. The faster I respawn, the more flags I can defend.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Finger Prince posted:

there was a little strangeness with some of the servers last night

this was a definite highlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7-mbnQQeiw

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Wow haha

3 things i learned last night

1. do not drink half a bottle of Bushmills in a couple of hours
2. not all sex offenders are the same
3. always check the mute button on your wife cancelling headphones

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
I tried joining the battlegoons group on PS4 but never got a reply. Is there still a PS4 presence?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Underwhelmed posted:

I tried joining the battlegoons group on PS4 but never got a reply. Is there still a PS4 presence?

I dunno about the community, but The last three posters and me are all PS4 goons, we routinely find ourselves with parties of 5-6 goons on the average east coast evening. There's a euro contingent too!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Someone tell me the distinct differences between spot bonuses and spot assists :( this medal is silly

e: oh, flares and sniper periscope do not count towards the total, I guess. :dice:

Pleads fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 22, 2016

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If anyone would like to get owned over and over again by a Fokker Dr. I triplane just let me know. That goes for roadkills as well.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Underwhelmed posted:

Yeah just add me: Ineffiablefx

We get games going almost every night. I'm free almost all day until I pick up family at airport in the late evening. If you join on me, chances are you'll see two or three other goons too, like desert pickles, winter mute, king drugga, Mellow journalism, gamer babe, red 19, backup snacks and my favorite: poopshow

You can just add goons as you meet them. We usually join each other if we see each other online.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Pleads posted:

Someone tell me the distinct differences between spot bonuses and spot assists :( this medal is silly

e: oh, flares and sniper periscope do not count towards the total, I guess. :dice:

If you're still even setting a medal at this point I feel bad for you son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Played Giant's Shadow for the first time last night in Conquest. It feels like it's in this weird space where each individual point is really well designed and interesting to fight over, but between the points there's just nothing. I had fun with it though. It didn't seem like as much of a snipefest as people were complaining about, but my squad spent most of the time backcapping A/B so there was a lot of cover.