Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Remember that committed career criminal Nile Ranger got a tattoo of his name on his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Remember that committed career criminal Nile Ranger got a tattoo of his name on his face.

"Who was it that robbed you, ma'am? Do you remember any distinguishing features?"

"Well now that you mention it..."

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
He could be a river enthusiast.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Now a premier league defender is contractually obliged to go mildly feral whenever he goes to a bar...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Wes5L1nk/status/809382557389377536

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I don't know whether I like that or hate it. Obviously it's an outside deal but I was wondering, do you think it would be possible for a player to sign a contract that released them from all club responsibilities other than training and playing?

Like no interviews, promos, photos for the clubs noodle partner etc. If I was a superstar I'd definitely try to avoid that poo poo.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lemon posted:

I don't know whether I like that or hate it. Obviously it's an outside deal but I was wondering, do you think it would be possible for a player to sign a contract that released them from all club responsibilities other than training and playing?

Like no interviews, promos, photos for the clubs noodle partner etc. If I was a superstar I'd definitely try to avoid that poo poo.

He could sign it.

It would be dumb and lead to breach of contract, and it might be void, but he could sign it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Lemon posted:

Probably hard to get the club to agree to it. Even if the player agreed to (massively) reduced wages, the club wouldn't want a player rocking the boat like that, especially a superstar player. Club executives love sponsors(because they give them free money). Probably easier to give the journos a few empty words and pose for pictures with the Asians.

Also there are similar responsibilities to the league, FA, players' union that the club has no control over.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Mangers have to do post match interviews and I assume press conferences too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar in players' registrations or something.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Mickolution posted:

Mangers have to do post match interviews and I assume press conferences too. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something similar in players' registrations or something.

Depending on the league, probably. The two leagues I'm familiar with(the EPL and the EPL) leave it to the club to decide which players if any attend the press conference. For the post-match EPL interviews, the TV people have to give the club a list of 3 players they would like and then the club has to send at least one of the three. Anyway, there are a lot of rules regulating different types of interviews but I don't think the media can guarantee access to any one specific player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/20/newcastle-jonjo-shelvey-five-game-ban-

Jonjo Shelvey got a five-match suspension and £100,000 fine for racially abusing Romain Saïss during a game against Wolves in September.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What did he say?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the FA are going to release the full transcripts so we should find out in the next week

edit: i'm wrong. shelvey isn't banned until the FA and newcastle have transcripts from the commission and have a week from that date to appeal. basically he can possibly be available up until the transfer window opens. The FA can also appeal the decision to get a longer ban. What a loving mess

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 20, 2016

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
It's a bit annoying he shoud be banned for the wednesday game imo along with the rest of thr senior squad

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
pretty sure he called him a loving friend of the family twat

Weaponized Cum fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 20, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Weaponized Cum posted:

pretty he called him a loving friend of the family twat

I don't think it's a pretty thing to say at all.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
ha! good catch....

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

What did he say?

He called him a smelly Arab apparently

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

He called him a smelly Arab apparently

Has anyone retained an expert to look into his smelliness?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
how did he smell?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
rude.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bea Nanner posted:

how did he smell?

With his nose

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
well enough to effect hygiene?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

What did he say?

Romains eunt domus

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

What did he say?

"filthy mudblood"

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Romain Saiss "I'm done with Sergio"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Joey Barton hasn't even joined Burnley and the FA are already looking for ways to gently caress up his poo poo, poor guy

BBC posted:

Joey Barton: Midfielder charged 'for placing 1,260 bets'

6 minutes ago From the section Football

Barton helped Burnley achieve promotion to the Premier League last season before leaving to join Rangers

Joey Barton has been charged with misconduct, with the Football Association claiming the midfielder placed 1,260 bets in the past 10 years.

The FA says he broke rules by betting on "football matches or competitions" between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016.

Barton, 34, is set to rejoin Burnley in January, having left Scottish Premiership side Rangers in November.

In the same month, he was given a one-match ban for breaking Scottish Football Association rules on gambling.

Barton admitted to the Scottish FA charge of placing 44 bets between 1 July and 15 September, while he was a player at Ibrox, and his suspension will carry over into his Burnley career.

His Rangers contract was terminated following a training ground row which led to a falling out with manager Mark Warburton and he played just eight games for the club.

Barton began his career at Manchester City in 2001, joined Newcastle in 2007 and then signed for QPR in 2011. He had a loan spell with Marseille in France for 12 months, before joining Burnley for the first time in August 2015.

He has until 5 January to respond to the FA charge.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38421182

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

pik_d posted:

Joey Barton hasn't even joined Burnley and the FA are already looking for ways to gently caress up his poo poo, poor guy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38421182

he deserves it OP

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That's a lot of bets.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

sassassin posted:

That's a lot of bets.

It's one bet every 3 days

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

pik_d posted:

It's one bet every 3 days

It might just be one hell of an accumulator

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Firmino caught drunk driving on Christmas Eve, appearing in court the day Liverpoo play Man lovely.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

lmao

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
He is explaining himself... I guess

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 28, 2016

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What the gently caress lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Woodenlung posted:

He is explaining himself... I guess

lol right

is this real?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao wtf

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

JFairfax posted:

lol right

is this real?

Yes, just search his name on twitter and see all the retweets, but he just deleted it.

https://twitter.com/SamNasri19

He also just deleted this

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The DripDoctors account claiming he was hacked :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think someone got hold of his phone lol.