Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cousins had his mic cut during this interview
https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/811458872619646976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Who the hell is gonna be the 8 seed in the West

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"accident"
https://twitter.com/MAD_Marvin/status/811456598887440385

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Who the hell is gonna be the 8 seed in the West

Dunno but whoever it is isn't gonna be around long

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

I love this man

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

people are going to call me a homer for this, but i think the blazers are the best team in the league that demarcus cousins has been unejected against this season

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Boogie is the god damned best

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/James_Ham/status/811466563052154880

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/hoopballtweets/status/811465813869744128

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
boogie bussin meyers leonard is insanely good to me

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Boogie is cool, to hell with grandpa rear end motherfuckers that don't like him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JmanBoiii/status/811456299057614848

Lmao boogie definitely spat his mouth guard out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Process telling us how the logjam should be fixed
https://twitter.com/RealJakeHyman/status/811378013262712832
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/811411855805710337

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone needs to give Meyers a wedgie
https://twitter.com/CSNNW/status/811467725180583936

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

gently caress Meyers Leonard. I hope he stubs his pinkie toe so loving hard he has to miss games.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/theKimansta/status/811472318073487360

suck it very forcefully

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

i say, i do declare, that this "boogie" cousins and his tomfoolery do not befit a gentleman's sports league, and i shall seek redress through the noble art of dueling at my earliest opportunity

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/811470400559333376

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I can't control his actions" is actually a pretty self-aware assessment of Meyers's defensive game

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The NBA is the best league because a notorious headcase who just got in trouble for threatening a reporter can spit his mouthguard at a mediocre player while yelling SUCK MY DICK, and people will get mad at the other guy for complaining about it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

The NBA is the best league because a notorious headcase who just got in trouble for threatening a reporter can spit his mouthguard at a mediocre player while yelling SUCK MY DICK, and people will get mad at the other guy for complaining about it

:hellyeah:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Has the other guy tried not being Meyers loving Leonard though

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

WhyteRyce posted:

I stole a used water bottle from peja tonight

Jelly.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

chunkles posted:

the back surgery kinda hosed up his career but it's hard to watch harden/capela run pick and rolls and think the rockets being offensively unwatchable was anything but a result of his insistence on being a big time post scorer.

Yes, but stars often have a hard time accepting reality.. Dwight expected to be a star and showcased when he signed with us, and many reasons caused this to not be the case, thus his unhappiness since his expectations were unmet.

Could Dwight have adapted? Yes.. so he failed himself, but who, besides dwight, thought he had that mental capability to be that introspective? He was a superstar who thought he was still recovering from a series of injuries, and had even just come off a conference final. I don't think it was reasonable for him to consider the problem was him yet, there were still reasonable excuses and there were still validations in his mind.

So coaches and gm could have known more about him and manage him better, as is their job..

Like it seems like I am minizing personal responsibilities, especially since we don't know the day to day stuff, but dwight met my expectations of him and of athletes in general, but the rockets failed my expectation for managing talent, so I defend dwight and place blame on them.

back in the Hakeem days, mattress mac used to come to my uncles work, and he tells them rockets inside stories. I don't remember much of what my uncle repeated to me, but one stuck to me about how the team was more selfish now and didn't really like each other like before.. I don't even remember if my uncle said this before the the rockets failed, or if he was ranting about it to explain why they lost. him and my dad get drunk and argue poo poo like this, and my uncle is a known liar and braggart. and its a standard generic explanation, but it stuck with me anyways.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

Noel's value is so weird. People are saying someone will give him a 15+ million /yr dollar contract next year but also he isn't valuable enough for someone to give up any assets for. I don't understand how some team will blow that much cap space on him, but another wouldn't see the value of getting his bird rights. Is he just one of those strange in-between guys we don't have a good sense of value for yet, or is there something else that's strange?

I feel like this is one of those "76ers have no leverage!" situations where they are ignoring the fact that any team that wants him still has to bid against every other team in the league that thinks he has value.

I think the issue with Noel is that Center feels like a position that has a glut of talent out there. There are competent guys popping up all the time.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

One could probably get good odds on Boogie having a police encounter in the next month.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I woke up early with strange leg cramps and realized what needs to happen on the NBA trade market

The nets need to trade Brook Lopez for a first round pick, Greg Monroe, and Nerlens Noel. Noel can play nominal pf but protect the rim. Rebuild's on, Sean Marks is a genius, everyone is happy.

The Kings could also use Nerlens in theorem
The Pacers too, any team with a ground

bound low post center
But as you 've said why trade for someone who'll be a restricted free agent and who's barely played. Might as well let his value stagnate so you can pay him a low low low wage unlike his high high hair. Haitian NBA players need motivation, love, and care. That's not raxial science, empirical fact

I also had an idea for the sacro kings, only recruit blood affiliated players in free agency. Sure there's the possibility of set tripping but I think it wil lwork better than their current strategem

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 21, 2016

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I woke up early with strange leg cramps and realized what needs to happen on the NBA trade market

The nets need to trade Brook Lopez for a first round pick, Greg Monroe, and Nerlens Noel. Noel can play nominal pf but protect the rim. Rebuild's on, Sean Marks is a genius, everyone is happy.

The Kings could also use Nerlens in theorem
The Pacers too, any team with a ground

bound low post center
But as you 've said why trade for someone who'll be a restricted free agent and who's barely played. Might as well let his value stagnate so you can pay him a low low low wage unlike his high high hair. Haitian NBA players need motivation, love, and care. That's not raxial science, empirical fact

I also had an idea for the sacro kings, only recruit blood affiliated players in free agency. Sure there's the possibility of set tripping but I think it wil lwork better than their current strategem

Eagerly anticipating the Sakramento Kings

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Eagerly anticipating the Sakramento Kings

Can't wait for the new red paisley alternates with Kousins on the back

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is Amazing. I didn't even realize how much the NBA needed this.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Haha, and now I just saw this. Holy hell, could Meyers be any more Juddge Smails in this? How do you side with the referees against a player in a mouth-guard spitting incident.

This has to be a put on, right? Like, it has to be.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
loving backwards name havin rear end

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

Haha, and now I just saw this. Holy hell, could Meyers be any more Juddge Smails in this? How do you side with the referees against a player in a mouth-guard spitting incident.

Maybe Meyers is a crip?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Maybe Meyers is a crip?

The natural team for crips is Bk aka Brooklyn

What do you all men think about a Gorgon Dragic trade

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I don't know, chaps, that Boogie Cousins, he's a peculiar fellow, all I'm sayin'. The right thing needs to be done here... *adjusts monocle*

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Can't wait for the new red paisley alternates with Kousins on the back

Lmao.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What do you all men think about a Gorgon Dragic trade

While pondering Dragic I realized that I forgot that he played in Houston for a "cup of coffee" in between Phoenix stints. I think I've never seen a player develop and hold such a good reputation after of one extreme outlier good year but I'm glad he's finally playing well after last year's woes. Send him to Philadelphia

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Pacers lost, but they looked ok doing it. Offense was good at least, and that can get real ugly. Lots of good passes and hitting shots. More of that please.

I'm mum on the defense.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/811398588840497152

Lockback posted:

I've said this before about Meyers, but he required a Coach at every practice to walk/run beside him to help remember how to run drills. I'm surprised he knows how to put his shorts on the correct way, much less that he knows how to speak into that mic.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Athanatos posted:

I've said this before about Meyers, but he required a Coach at every practice to walk/run beside him to help remember how to run drills. I'm surprised he knows how to put his shorts on the correct way, much less that he knows how to speak into that mic.

What???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Boogie owns and I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Yelling "Suck my Dick" at the opposing bench is probably a tech under the taunting rules (which are dumb)

But if you score 55 points I'm cool with the refs letting it go.

• Locked thread