Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

He reminds me of prepper shows. If things like that are popping up spontaneously in a society, something has gone horribly wrong somewhere imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
man who constantly shouts about the salt of others corncobs all over the infowars thread

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squalid posted:

To those of you here who have watched hours of this right wing sci-fi/fantasy alt history is Alex Jones explicitly Christian? Or has he created a secular narrative that is simply infused with the fire and brimstone reflective of the cultural Christianity of his Texas childhood? I can't quite tell from the clips I've seen:

he's very very christian, though i couldn't tell you where he stands denominationally. he talks a lot about america's judeo-christian foundations, and in the last several years he's gotten more explicit about the satanic foundations of globalism. earlier in his career he considered the 'forces of evil' metaphorically, and denigrated the likes of david icke who go preach more decidedly mystical/spiritual conspiracy theories. but, like reality itself, he's begun to come around to icke's mode of thinking, and now talks about the malevolent powers behind the globalists in more wholehearted terms

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Alex Jones is not really a news source, msnbc may be old media and out of touch, but I've never known them to just be flat out crazy in the same way Alex Jones is, thinking that fluoride turns frogs gay

But that little speech of his, talking about sports and how it's just escapism from a world that has not delivered on the future it promised, was weirdly beautiful, to me, and it makes me feel not anger at him, but sadness, that he could get it, in one way, but lose it, in another

Really, he's just another scared person, in a crazy world

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the machines are coming

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
And they no concept of a reach around

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLS8NeGL4U

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/immolations/status/809123513957281792

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Thank you all for the kind words of support advice. I will be speaking with him today, hopefully I can help him through this.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Pat Bouvin Voice*

WHO THE gently caress IS THIS FREAKAZOID!?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

holy loving poo poo. jones is the best.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

you're not better than us. you're not better than us. we're better than you

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That little snarl he does is super embarrasing

Clearly acting like a literal dog is the best way to show how sane, serious and 'human' you are

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm impressed tbh. he's a skilled showman.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

holy loving poo poo. jones is the best.

i can't sit a full show of his the way i used to but he has his moments

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

zeal posted:

i can't sit a full show of his the way i used to but he has his moments

While I don't disagree everyone consuming this stuff is at risk of a goblin infestation and pickling their own brain

quote:

Some research carried out at the University of Kent, UK suggests people may be influenced by conspiracy theories without being aware that their attitudes have changed. After reading popular conspiracy theories about the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, participants in this study correctly estimated how much their peers' attitudes had changed, but significantly underestimated how much their own attitudes had changed to become more in favor of the conspiracy theories. The authors conclude that conspiracy theories may therefore have a 'hidden power' to influence people's beliefs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Squalid posted:

While I don't disagree everyone consuming this stuff is at risk of a goblin infestation and pickling their own brain
Usually because said conspiracies can be made sensible enough to persuade the person that it is true.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

god forbid people become disenfranchised with the mainstream media

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

That little snarl he does is super embarrasing

Clearly acting like a literal dog is the best way to show how sane, serious and 'human' you are

he seems to become more feral the closer his dreams are to coming true

he just works himself up like some kind of dog

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh nooooooo radio host snarling someone fetch the vapors!! wee need the liberal smelling salts otherwise i do declar

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

This thread and the Programming Reality thread have some stuff in common. rudatron is right - Jones is so close to it but then points at the wrong targets...well, some of the time anyway.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the snarling killed me.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Things are coming up Baloogan!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The universe, and politics in general, have made alot more sense to me ever since the God Emperor came down The Escalator!!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The CIA totally did it with heart attack causing drugs to usurp the presidency, just like JFK!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zen death robot posted:

Also his dad had Alzheimer's

so does he lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im psyched for reagan 2 alzheimers boogaloo.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we all have alzheimers. the year is 2023 and hillary clinton is closing out her second term. in a few minutes the nurse will be over with tea and pudding.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Baloogan posted:

Things are coming up Baloogan!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

zen death robot posted:

I'm amazed that Alex Jones isn't considered just some fringe loony that hardly anyone knows about anymore

my favorite alex jones was when he was just the beloved local conspiracy quack in Austin, TX who would show up in the better Linkletter movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXspT2VtOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN_VBc98dzg&t=3s

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/779696070146322432

C. Everett Koop has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Dec 21, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In a just world, Alex Jones would have been an abortion.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkRY_kA2Aaw

hory poo poo

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

goddamn, this such was a weird loving election

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The more I look at it, the more I realize that Alex Jones actually believes his insane dribble.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
he was 21 years old hosting his radio show on 9/11 when he was saying it was a false flag before the towers fell

hes ofc trying to sell his total male vitality stuff, but yeah he believes it. and god bless him

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
"It's totally out of character" lol, glad to see they have some level of self awareness.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
so is jones actually schizophrenic or is it an act?

either way I hope he gets caught banging an underage prostitute or something because he sucks

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he's been doing this 'act' for decades at this point, so maybe even if it somehow is an elaborate prank we can agree he's long past the point of no return on it.

Like, if the head of the KKK for the past few decades was actually playing a sweet goof the whole time does it actually matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'm permabanned poster alexjones58

• Locked thread