Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

So, presumably you live on Neptune?

One of the moons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

orcane posted:

I'm dying...

With 2.6 we've got the stable 1000 player instances, the nested physics in moving objects, the seamless transition from solar system scale to individual characters with no loading screens, the 45 man ships that move in space with all their crewmembers perfectly oriented and engaged with the physics mesh, the 10:1 NPC:player ratio with totally convincing AI, the procedural missions that feel fresh and exciting, complete persistence and player owned space and structures. We have trading, mining, bounty hunting of both players and NPCs, farming, crafting and boarding mechanics. It's all there, all they need to do now is flesh out the perfect mesh of interlocking systems with bog standard content that any artist or programmer can do without risk of introducing major bugs or breaking the game.

and then he woke up the end

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

spacetoaster posted:

Nobody has to explain why they "should be able to" have civil rights. Honestly I don't understand how you could live in a place where the people in power are allowed to have things that are illegal for everyone else.

I have a nuclear bomb in my shed :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fatkraken posted:

I have a nuclear bomb in my shed :colbert:

But enough about your bathroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEyBItsXkw

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Helion is coming along nicely :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

That kitten is going to look like one of those lovecraftian commandos in a few years.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Slow_Moe posted:

He's not wrong. He just forgot to mention it was done by someone else than CIG.

Well, there are basically two things wrong with that post (I quoted the same person ages ago in joke unattributed quoting style and he basically said the same thing in summer).

The game is still almost as far from "the hard part is done" as four years ago - they can't even lock down their flight model, who needs large-scale networking anyway, and Clown Robbers wants to reinvent the wheel, so those "standard MMO mechanics" surely can't be standard right?

Also you're right, even if it was a case of just adding standard MMO gameplay that has been done before, CIG are masters of doing things differently badly, screw how actual game developers do things, so even adding just "kill ten rats and hack ores for mining" is not a thing you can expect CIG to add quickly.

I like deluded people on the internet, they're funny.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

orcane posted:

I like deluded people on the internet, they're funny.

Me too. And the best part: there's an infinite supply of them. :v:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Nobody has to explain why they "should be able to" have civil rights. Honestly I don't understand how you could live in a place where the people in power are allowed to have things that are illegal for everyone else.

Do you have access to a fighter jet? Because if your definition of "people in power" is your own military, you presumably live on a desert island with no professional armed forces.

Seriously though, if you're expecting to need to fight for your life against your own military forces, I certainly hope you don't expect them to be firing a bullet at you.

The list of places that let people have firearms for sport and hunting is very long. The list of places with gun fetishism and paranoia to the point where they consider the ability to kill efficiently a "civil right" is very short.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

One of the moons.

If you're inward of Nereid, I'd suggest looking for somewhere less likely to crash into the planet. If you're an Outsider on Nereid, sorry for doxxing.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Chalks posted:

Do you have access to a fighter jet? Because if your definition of "people in power" is your own military, you presumably live on a desert island with no professional armed forces.

Seriously though, if you're expecting to need to fight for your life against your own military forces, I certainly hope you don't expect them to be firing a bullet at you.

The list of places that let people have firearms for sport and hunting is very long. The list of places with gun fetishism and paranoia to the point where they consider the ability to kill efficiently a "civil right" is very short.

Extremely Low T. I expect more from the Star Citizen Thread. If you aren't careful FaceFuckerMan365 will be unleashed on this thread.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheLightPurges posted:

Extremely Low T. I expect more from the Star Citizen Thread. If you aren't careful FaceFuckerMan365 will be unleashed on this thread.

What if I'm looking for a good face loving what then eh?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Chalks posted:

What if I'm looking for a good face loving what then eh?

Then you are in business.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Are citizens circumcised in the future? :can:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I wish I had saved the clip but Assrapistdude420 registered a twitch account and visited WTFsaurus's stream. He reads pretty much every message out loud so I told him I loved the stream. He ALMOST said it lol.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The very end of 2012 and then 2013 and 2014 must have been the greatest time of Chris and Sandi's lives. Or very close.

Mountains of cash are flowing in. Love and adoration from everyone. New heights of fame and respect (Remember Chris smugly sitting on video game panels? Sandi becoming the beauty queen she always wanted to be.). Moving out to L.A. because "reasons". Being able to hire folks for low pay because they wanted to be associated with the project. Expensive gifts coming in non-stop. Traveling the world to be thronged by loving fans everywhere.

It must have been great.

I imagine it started to get a bit stressful in 2015 when previously announced deadlines were being missed. Then the escapist article really got Chris mad (3 page angry gamergate rant response to an article). Now 2016 is coming to a close and there is nothing but a buggy "pre-alpha" to play.

I honestly think that Chris really thought/thinks this was/is all going to all work out (and we did too, for a while). And he probably rages at his employees because he knows that the fault cannot lie with him. Negative coverage is becoming more prevalent and negative discussion is no longer being quashed as soon as it pops up online. The worm is turning.

2017 is going to suck for Chris Roberts.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Are citizens circumcised in the future? :can:

I think those FYAD chaps already had this discussion earlier in the thread.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chalks posted:

The list of places with gun fetishism and paranoia to the point where they consider the ability to kill efficiently a "civil right" is very short.

What's your favorite gun?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

2017 is going to suck for Chris Roberts.

I'm glad of it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

What's your favorite gun?

My "Submit Reply" button.

*fake edit* The edit button is a close second.

*faker edit* u ded

Come on give me a god drat edit timestamp you shitass forum

Chalks fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 21, 2016

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Dont spend every day of your lives trawling through posts about the videogame you hate.
Dont follow people online and keep track of all their activities because they like the wrong videogames.

Can you please stop attacking me.
You won't like it when I get angry.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Streetroller posted:

Can you please stop attacking me.
You won't like it when I get angry.

Arf lives in 2 story house unfortunately Streetroller. I got the pix.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Still think that saffron's the better deal

I had the chance to cook with and taste "Sargol" iranian saffron and while the flavor are definitely more intense, its not worth the price unless you are cooking a saffron based dish for an assembly of food critics and chefs. Spanish "Rio" or "Standard" saffron will do the job perfectly fine and taste 100% authetic saffron for 99% of the people.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Shut up about gun laws.

If someone posts a gun, either comment on whether you think it's a cool and good gun or not, make technical critiques or recommendations on the equipment, or just pass.

Gun law chat destroys any thread it touches.

If you want to debate gun regulations, take it into the horror scape of D&D.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

spacetoaster posted:

Honestly I don't understand how you could live in a place where the people in power are allowed to have things that are illegal for everyone else.

quote:

monopoly of the legitimate use of physical force, also known as the monopoly on violence (German: Gewaltmonopol des Staates), is a core concept of modern public law, which goes back to Jean Bodin's 1576 work Les Six livres de la République and Thomas Hobbes' 1651 book Leviathan.[citation needed] As the defining conception of the state, it was first described in sociology by Max Weber in his essay Politics as a Vocation (1919).[1]

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

aleksendr posted:

I had the chance to cook with and taste "Sargol" iranian saffron and while the flavor are definitely more intense, its not worth the price unless you are cooking a saffron based dish for an assembly of food critics and chefs. Spanish "Rio" or "Standard" saffron will do the job perfectly fine and taste 100% authetic saffron for 99% of the people.

I've heard that Spain exports like 10x the saffron they produce

just sayin'

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

That kitten is going to look like one of those lovecraftian commandos in a few years.

Nobody got my clever joke though :saddowns:

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Finally caught up on this thread and I have an intense feeling of anxiety and dread because I am a developer and feel bad for CIG's staff and the amount of pressure they must be under to poo poo out something, anything. Looks like they've all given up and are just collecting paychecks until time runs out so good for them.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I don't believe I've ever had saffron, but it's on my list of things to try at some point.

I saw a video of people having saffron ice cream, and they seemed to think it was amazing.

I'd love to try it, but it's expensive as gently caress. It's as much, or even a little more expensive than high grade marijuana.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

lol just lol if your gun isn't a muzzle loader

keep your powder dry, commandos

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

XK posted:

I don't believe I've ever had saffron, but it's on my list of things to try at some point.

I saw a video of people having saffron ice cream, and they seemed to think it was amazing.

I'd love to try it, but it's expensive as gently caress. It's as much, or even a little more expensive than high grade marijuana.

I guarantee the guys who had high grade marijuana ice cream thought it was amazing too

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's no more a "killing machine" than any other firearm.

The low effort troll is basically about using a wedge issue to create a derail, or using repetition to throw out a net and catch people effort-posting.

Stop engaging with the bloody obvious trolls.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

Gun nuts and model freaks, check out this 1:16 scale Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle with a case, all metal/wood/leather

:3:

http://karopka.ru/community/user/21855/?MODEL=458607

Wow! This is really impressive work! :monocle:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Chalks posted:

I guarantee the guys who had high grade marijuana ice cream thought it was amazing too

At least that gets you high. Intoxicating saffron would be a must buy.

Marijuana ice cream probably tastes like grass clippings.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

mintskoal posted:

Finally caught up on this thread and I have an intense feeling of anxiety and dread because I am a developer and feel bad for CIG's staff and the amount of pressure they must be under to poo poo out something, anything. Looks like they've all given up and are just collecting paychecks until time runs out so good for them.

Yep, I've seen it all before

ZERO PASSION at this point guys.
That's what that livestream illuminated, the severe lack of passion.

TheLightPurges posted:

Arf lives in 2 story house unfortunately Streetroller. I got the pix.

I can always back up again.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

mintskoal posted:

It seems they can't make even simple changes without causing multiple regression issues. They're either not doing proper regression testing or they're being forced by CRobbler to release whatever poo poo they've got even with regression tests failing left, right and center. A fundamentally broken release will actually hinder testing rather than enhance it, not to mention driving testers to distraction downloading 30GB releases day after day.

You've gotta think that any competent programmer would be looking for a way out right now.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So, doors are controlled client-side and the animations are culled in such a way that they don't run through their movements properly, apparently…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdXt2PHcOyo

That this bug could even exist is an achievement in ignorance on CIG's part.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tippis posted:

So, doors are controlled client-side and the animations are culled in such a way that they don't run through their movements properly, apparently…

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tippis posted:

Holy poo poo that is art

*edit* I would add a tax but that video is already beautiful enough.