Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't there some sports record a while back that got broken by a women but it was actually an MTF person who was still built like a 6'5" brick poo poo house so really now there's just two men's records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Pearnicious posted:

No, I have a problem with people using gender to steal opportunities from other people. Men, women, transgender, whatever. People talk about sexism and equality, but stuff like this is the exact opposite. You're free to identify as whatever gender you want, but when you start using it to get unfair advantages or special treatment I have a problem with it.

Yeah, I would be the head of a huge multinational corporation if it wasn't for affirmative action laws! They stole my opportunity!

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pearnicious posted:

No, I have a problem with people using gender to steal opportunities from other people. Men, women, transgender, whatever. People talk about sexism and equality, but stuff like this is the exact opposite. You're free to identify as whatever gender you want, but when you start using it to get unfair advantages or special treatment I have a problem with it.

No you don't, or you would be posting outraged every time a man steals a promotion from a woman or every time a woman games the court system to receive uneven custody rights.

You have a problem with trans people claiming special status. Also lol at your use of scare quotes around "she." Do you think this kid wants to transition to steal that sweet high school sports team spot?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Turn left turn left

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mfcrocker posted:

sorry about your problems with trans people, i hope you get better

i hope this goon gets better too:

My [23F] partner [27] of 3 years, refuses to go anywhere with me. He is taking 2 months break and is planning on spending it playing games

LOL ahahah loving loser.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Subjunctive posted:

Height is an unfair advantage too, but they don't keep unusually tall people from playing high school ball. Quite the opposite, it's usually encouraged.

In the future all sports will be divided into separate leagues, organized by height and weight. Much the same way we have weight classes in boxing and MMA.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pearnicious posted:

In the future all sports will be divided into separate leagues, organized by height and weight. Much the same way we have weight classes in boxing and MMA.

I'm extremely down for the 4 foot 300 pounds NFL

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Why do these accomplished women date such losers?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Charles Get-Out posted:

No you don't, or you would be posting outraged every time a man steals a promotion from a woman or every time a woman games the court system to receive uneven custody rights.

You have a problem with trans people claiming special status. Also lol at your use of scare quotes around "she." Do you think this kid wants to transition to steal that sweet high school sports team spot?

Yeah, only transgender people get me riled up. You got it. Obviously women gaming the court system and men getting promotions is all fine and dandy. Thanks for putting words in my mouth, that's a fun game.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

He might be pretty accomplished himself and just not like traveling

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

subhuman filth posted:

He should still try to think of something they can do together during their time off, not just "I'm gonna play video games, you can do whatever."

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Actually video games are fun and cool

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Zelder posted:

I'm extremely down for the 4 foot 300 pounds NFL

I'm looking forward to sports of the future with ethics thrown completely out the window. Like, entire leagues of augmented people with extremely durable prosthetic joints and pumped full of performance enhancing drugs. So what if it takes 25 years off their life, or they get grievously injured because they're pushing their bodies beyond the normal limits. The crowd wants blood!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

subhuman filth posted:

Actually video games are fun and cool

they're not as fun and cool as travelling with your significant other

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pearnicious posted:

Yeah, only transgender people get me riled up. You got it. Obviously women gaming the court system and men getting promotions is all fine and dandy. Thanks for putting words in my mouth, that's a fun game.

You're welcome. There have been plenty of examples of one gender exploiting another in this thread since Oct. 17 and now is the time you decide to speak up on your opinions about the evils of gender exploitation.

Maybe it's a coincidence. Or maybe your reasoning is flawed and you should examine your opinions.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

subhuman filth posted:

Wanting to stay home a month to earn video game trophies makes one a loser. This is not debatable.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

JFairfax posted:

they're not as fun and cool as travelling with your significant other

depends on the significant other I think

Like lol just lol if you think a man or woman alive can compare to the rich narrative majesty of final fantasy 15

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Charles Get-Out posted:

You're welcome. There have been plenty of examples of one gender exploiting another in this thread since Oct. 17 and now is the time you decide to speak up on your opinions about the evils of gender exploitation.

Maybe it's a coincidence. Or maybe your reasoning is flawed and you should examine your opinions.

Maybe I don't really give a poo poo what you think?

e: Because obviously on October 17th when my account was charged :10bux: I was magically imparted with all of the knowledge of all 260+ pages of this thread.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 21, 2016

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HardDiskD posted:

My husband [29 M] of four years wants to give our daughter the same name as his childhood dog, and I [27 F] am not sure how to feel about it.

She didn't say what the name was, so the body it's not really worth it to post.

My [29M] wife [27F] doesn't believe in the Grail

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Charles Get-Out posted:

Look at his reg date, he's a rereg of some loving low rent d&d bozo I guarantee just ignore him

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Pearnicious posted:

That's extremely edgy, my man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pearnicious posted:

Whoa somebody just heard their first rage against the machine album

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Yeah, I'm just so hardcore, ya know?

Having an unpopular opinion is like, whoa...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

guys nobody cares how hard you've been triggered just post loving reddit poo poo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

Why do these accomplished women date such losers?

Because they can take care of themselves, so they only need a man for companionship, like a pet. So they think, oh, he doesn't need to clean up after himself, or have a great job, all He had to do is just be there when I need emotional support. But then it turns out, just because he can't do anything else, doesn't mean he can do that either

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Literally everyone knows that's a lovely opinion, and he won't change it anyway, so why fight the troll? Let's not get this thread gassed, it's the best I've read in months!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I had all of last Saturday to myself and decided I would attempt my first, and probably last, effort to pick up a female. I had some alcohol prior to walking around downtown, which reduced my anxiety to some degree, but I was still quite nervous - as I am sub 7 sub human and women usually only go for hung Chad degenerates. I was originally going to start my game in this fairly large park, but opportunity struck almost immediately at the bus stop. There was an 8/10 blonde hoe, lets call her Marissa (she was wearing close to zero clothes on a fairly cold day) and she was smoking a cigarette. I recall many prominent users of TheRedPill suggesting humor as a means of easing the woman’s comfort. I attempted humor by asking her, “may I suck on that?” (I don’t even smoke cigarettes, but I thought that some mild sexual humor would loosen her up a bit). She seemed totally cool with that slightly messed up joke, and let me take a puff of her cigarette. We then traded names and discussed where we were both heading. It turned out that she was getting off at the same stop and heading to her house.

While we were on the bus, I was being pretty smooth for a KHHV. I asked her about her life, hobbies etc. She was only a little younger than me and taking a year off from the local state school. We seemed to bond pretty well, which really surprised me. The alcohol was definitely helping big time. Anyway, we walked through the park on the way towards her place nearby, and I told her it was really nice to meet her and that we should hang out tonight. She said, “yeah that would be fun, I love meeting new people!”, and gave me her number. She seemed decently sincere, and I don’t see why she would lie to me. As she left, I thought that I should probably know exactly where her house is, just in case we end up hanging out and I don’t want to get lost. I proceeded to walk her back home, despite being ~500 feet behind. I saw her go into her little house, and I decided to call her to make sure she actually wanted to hang out tonight. She didn’t answer any of the three calls, so I regrettably walked up to her house and hid behind her car for a minute. I wasn’t sure what to do at this point, and I ended up going into her side garden, as I could hear her beautiful voice. I thought that maybe surprising her might be romantic (many couples have done fairly over-the-top romantic gestures), so I looked through her large glass side window for a minute or so. When she came downstairs into my line of sight, she looked extremely terrified and screamed. I was really scared too, and honestly thought she was going to call the police on me for expressing my love. I fled her house and ran back to bus stop about a mile away. I was very angry and nervous at this point, and I don’t even think she gave me her real number. That or she just didn’t check her phone the times that I called her.

Anyway, I admit I didn’t do everything perfectly, but I can’t believe she reacted the way she did. and If she didn’t truly like me, why would she act so kind and flirtatious towards me?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Pearnicious posted:

I'm looking forward to sports of the future with ethics thrown completely out the window. Like, entire leagues of augmented people with extremely durable prosthetic joints and pumped full of performance enhancing drugs. So what if it takes 25 years off their life, or they get grievously injured because they're pushing their bodies beyond the normal limits. The crowd wants blood!

The entire history of athleticism is people pushing their bodies beyond normal limits, and yes in many cases getting grievously injured. but its kind of reductive to say its because "crowds want blood", plenty of people are motivated like to push their bodies beyond normal limits without any crowds. mountain climbing for example isn't a spectator sport, and at high altitudes it's tremendously abusive of the body and carries a high risk of death, but lots of people have the drive to do it.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 21, 2016

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Look not for nothing but if a teenage boy is willing to fake being trans for the sole purpose of making the girls team and is willing to go far enough as to socially transition then I am absolutely going to allow it because that poo poo takes gumption and if they can bring even half that much heart to the team then I'd be a fool not to honestly

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Anyway, I admit I didn’t do everything perfectly, but I can’t believe she reacted the way she did. and If she didn’t truly like me, why would she act so kind and flirtatious towards me?

You know that growing ironicat thing we have? I need a growing :stare: emote.

Dude went from "got a number" to "criminal" in like 3 seconds.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pearnicious posted:

e: Because obviously on October 17th when my account was charged :10bux: I was magically imparted with all of the knowledge of all 260+ pages of this thread.

This is fair. Though I did say "since" Oct. 17, I'm not trying to keep you consistent for the whole thread, just the part you've been with us for.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Literally everyone knows that's a lovely opinion, and he won't change it anyway, so why fight the troll? Let's not get this thread gassed, it's the best I've read in months!

Yeah sorry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't think anybody is saying that the student transitioned just to join the team, just so they have an unfair advantage on that team since they haven't physically transitioned, and that is the rationale for having two teams to begin with. How you feel about that depends on the person and I don't think the thread is going to change it all

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

This makes me want to scream for the rest of eternity :stare:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Pick posted:

I don't think anybody is saying that the student transitioned just to join the team, just so they have an unfair advantage on that team since they haven't physically transitioned, and that is the rationale for having two teams to begin with. How you feel about that depends on the person and I don't think the thread is going to change it all

If the story ever hits mass media that kid will NEVER outrun the shitstorm so I say let them have a sports trophy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

You know that growing ironicat thing we have? I need a growing :stare: emote.

Dude went from "got a number" to "criminal" in like 3 seconds.

Hey, give nice guys a chance

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Plom Bar posted:

Look not for nothing but if a teenage boy is willing to fake being trans for the sole purpose of making the girls team and is willing to go far enough as to socially transition then I am absolutely going to allow it because that poo poo takes gumption and if they can bring even half that much heart to the team then I'd be a fool not to honestly

I don't think he's faking being trans, and especially not just for the intent of getting on the girl's team. I don't have an issue with her identifying as female at all, it just doesn't make any sense to me that she should play sports on the female team without having done any hormone replacement therapy or anything. If you want to play sports and you're hormonally male, you play on the boys team. Seems simple to me. They should write the policy in such a way as to specify a transgender athlete needs to undergo hormone replacement therapy for a year or some other amount of time as determined by a professional. This situation in my head is exactly the same as a male athlete wearing a wig and then dominating the female sports. Nobody would be okay with that, so why are they okay with this?

e: I'm done with this derail. I realize my opinion is unpopular and I'm not going to continue to defend it and justify why I haven't white-knighted literally every instance of gender-related discrimination on the forums since October 17th. Transgender people are fine, but competing in sports as female while being physically and hormonally male is a huge gray area that I don't agree with.

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 21, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Didn't any of you see Ladybugs starring the late Jonathan Brandis?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pearnicious posted:

I don't think he's faking being trans, and especially not just for the intent of getting on the girl's team. I don't have an issue with her identifying as female at all, it just doesn't make any sense to me that she should play sports on the female team without having done any hormone replacement therapy or anything. If you want to play sports and you're hormonally male, you play on the boys team. Seems simple to me. They should write the policy in such a way as to specify a transgender athlete needs to undergo hormone replacement therapy for a year or some other amount of time as determined by a professional. This situation in my head is exactly the same as a male athlete wearing a wig and then dominating the female sports. Nobody would be okay with that, so why are they okay with this?

The answer is some people are OK with it and some people are not, both are probably in this thread, but neither wants to have this conversation because it is not going to change anyone's mind and it is not really the topic of the thread. That is sort of why nobody really reply to it in the first place, because they could sence this shark in the water. You poked the shark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren:
:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren:STOP TALKING ABOUT/TO PEARNICIOUS:siren: