Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Add me 669-758-663

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Im pretty meh about GS ship but maybe its because i dont have him geared that much.

For arena rewards i have STH and AA and Windu at 7 and ig-88 unlocked. I can already do the credit heist so should i push ig-88 more or maybe get hk-47 and then bounce back to ig88?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Put me in whatever guild too.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

should i push ig-88 more or maybe get hk-47 and then bounce back to ig88?

You definitely want both so you can put together a killer droid team for the tank raid. Maybe 88 first since he might get a ship?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

I've come close to this and can probably match it with Wiggs/Raid Han/Lando/Rex. I probably need to switch out Rex because he doesn't get the wedge heals, but you can certainly go all the way to enrage with that team no problem (in the normal raid, not sure about in heroic).

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I'm at double 3*. I'm buying 5 Baze shards anytime I have enough shard store credit, but since I'm using GW for AP/ships and actually have people to buy with the guild store again...he's really not going anywhere. I'm probably going to start gearing them for pvp anyways because they are that good. Wiggs are probably on the way out though...even with Chaze (Jyn, Cassian, and K2 appear to be better).

I'm focusing on Dark Side first because Zetas are important. For ships, I'm looking at TFP, FOTP, GS, DV, and BF. I don't see Slave 1 very often in shipments, but I'm getting there...TFP is 5*, while FOTP and GS are pretty close. My goal is to get DV's ship to 5* from this next one, I'm at 60/80 right now. If I miss him this time, I'll probably turn around and focus on Scimi cause I'm farming DM shards from guild anyways, but I might go for SF instead. I haven't started on either of their ships yet because I'm hoping for DV anyways.

I haven't figured out who my 5 LS will be, I've got 4 to 4* so far, Ahsoka, JC, Biggs, and someone else I think. My 8 5*s will definitely be those three plus the 5 up above before I do any other LS.

Baze shards are going out of the store after the next reset, it was in the patch notes for today.

Dark side ships: Sun Fac + Maul is a super good combo. Maul's special on SF means you end up with all enemy ships target locked after they attack SF and he counters. I am currently running them plus GS (his random assist does nice damage), Ahoska (dispel is super useful) and Boba. I have JC, Poe and Biggs as reinforcements.

I'm also planning on going for vader's ship hard, especially because Cassian's u-wing is a giant middle finger to iOS people, seeing as it needs K2 who we can't get unless we literally pay thousands of dollars. I could literally buy an Android phone for cheaper than it would cost me to get K2, and that is messed up. I gave the app a 1 star review on the appstore, hopefully they come to their senses and push the event out for iOS soon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

hopefully they come to their senses and push the event out for iOS soon.

They won't, hope this helps.

Android has always gotten free droid poo poo. The only time we ever came out ahead was when we got a free Wedge and they got Biggs just before ships were released.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I've come close to this and can probably match it with Wiggs/Raid Han/Lando/Rex. I probably need to switch out Rex because he doesn't get the wedge heals, but you can certainly go all the way to enrage with that team no problem (in the normal raid, not sure about in heroic).

Baze shards are going out of the store after the next reset, it was in the patch notes for today.

I'm also planning on going for vader's ship hard, especially because Cassian's u-wing is a giant middle finger to iOS people, seeing as it needs K2 who we can't get unless we literally pay thousands of dollars. I could literally buy an Android phone for cheaper than it would cost me to get K2, and that is messed up. I gave the app a 1 star review on the appstore, hopefully they come to their senses and push the event out for iOS soon.

P4 Heroic is a lot harder.

Good to know.

Looks like Cassian's U-Wing is either a 3-pilot deal, or a pick two of Cassian, Jyn, and K2, so maybe not quite as bad?
https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/cassians-u-wing/

Chilichimp posted:

Android has always gotten free droid poo poo. The only time we ever came out ahead was when we got a free Wedge and they got Biggs just before ships were released.

Don't forget the Ewok event.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Looks like Cassian's U-Wing is either a 3-pilot deal, or a pick two of Cassian, Jyn, and K2, so maybe not quite as bad?
https://swgoh.gg/units/ships/cassians-u-wing/

it seems super likely to me that it's a 3 person crew. you can see the ship in the ships section. 3 crew abilities, a targeted assist, an unresistable target lock & tenacity down, and a targeted debuff remover + stealth

supposedly there can be ships with up to 5 crew, though I'm not sure what canonical ships would have that many.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

it seems super likely to me that it's a 3 person crew. you can see the ship in the ships section. 3 crew abilities, a targeted assist, an unresistable target lock & tenacity down, and a targeted debuff remover + stealth

supposedly there can be ships with up to 5 crew, though I'm not sure what canonical ships would have that many.

The 5-person could be a gunship? or the Pre-Force Awakens Falcon? (Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Obi-wan)

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a 5 person Ghost in there, although they'd have to add all the Rebels to the game. It'd be something to hold them over between movie releases, at least?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I wish they had made ships open for other pilots, like a TIE fighter could be piloted by TFP or FOTFP, Jedi Delta can be piloted by any Jedi etc. But I guess that wouldn't require as much grinding! Gotta get that money.

Are ships with 2 crew twice as powerful as single crew ships? Or is the crew bonus divided by 2?

iGestalt posted:

The 5-person could be a gunship? or the Pre-Force Awakens Falcon? (Han, Chewie, Luke, Leia, Obi-wan)

But only 3 of them ever did anything right? 1 pilot and 2 gunners, maybe 1 navigator as well. Or is Obi-Wan manning the chess board?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 21, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Or is Obi-Wan manning the chess board?

Yes. Somebody has to. It's a very important job.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Is there any point in bringing Vader to gear XI?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Don't forget the Ewok event.

If I'd gotten a free 7* out of it, I'd call it even.

It cost money, could only buy it once, and amounted to a pittance of shards to build Chirpa.

Disco De Soto posted:

Are ships with 2 crew twice as powerful as single crew ships? Or is the crew bonus divided by 2?

They get more Crew abilities.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 21, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Chilichimp posted:

So it only takes the crew bonus from one character, not both?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Disco De Soto posted:

So it only takes the crew bonus from one character, not both?

I don't know how power breaks down, I'd imagine it doesn't do much. The primary contribution of crew is the ability you can use in combat.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Luke's X-Wing will have five crew. Luke, R2, the ghost of Old Ben, the Force, and, I dunno, his Targeting Computer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spakstik posted:

Luke's X-Wing will have five crew. Luke, R2, the ghost of Old Ben, the Force, and, I dunno, his Targeting Computer.

Gear hasn't been implemented yet.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Gear hasn't been implemented yet.

The Targeting Computer is a character. Its only ability is to turn off, which gives Jedi characters a bonus to accuracy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Coming soon the Targeting Computer squad tournament! The top 10 players in each bracket will receive a fully unlocked targeting computer. Everyone else will receive 10 clone wars chewbacca shards

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

So I have 5 gold mats to spend on a lvl 8 skill on one of my rebels. My choices are Biggs' primary (already have his secondary maxed), Wedge's primary or secondary or ST han's primary. Which one will best serve in the palpatine event?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

What will we get for Christmas Day from Capital?

5 Clone Wars Chewie Shards is my bet. Anybody else?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Cactus posted:

So I have 5 gold mats to spend on a lvl 8 skill on one of my rebels. My choices are Biggs' primary (already have his secondary maxed), Wedge's primary or secondary or ST han's primary. Which one will best serve in the palpatine event?

Wedge's basic attack. It hits like a truck and adds to the damage of Bigg's assist attack.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

iGestalt posted:

That's Life Day, actually.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Iphone users get a free 7* Cassian Andor.

Droid users get a rock.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dr. Venture posted:

Wedge's basic attack. It hits like a truck and adds to the damage of Bigg's assist attack.

Awesome, thanks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is anyone else just ignoring ships for now? I feel like whatever I get now is just going to be overpowered by whatever comes in the first big update. As much fun as the battles are, I also have 500 other chores to finish, like 7* Emp and yoda so I just use the ship currency to get gear and shards for characters I want to use in ships later.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I've been using my GW tokens for ship stuff since I have everything else I want there, but yeah, my fleet tokens have been going more towards building Sun Fac.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Can't afford to completely ignore them because of zetas but I rarely do more than the one required battle for daily (And I still easily hold top 50, seems pretty much everybody feels the same way about ships :effort:)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm really concerned about the rate they are increasing power in this game. For the most part, over the past year, there's been a slow increase every few characters released. If you had Jyn, Cassian, K2, and Chaze right now, you would be unstoppable. This is all in one month. I hope this is a one off thing because of Rogue One, but I'd expect to see the same thing with each SW release, which is going to start getting a little crowded (EP8, EP9, Han, maybe Boba...and then Zahn is writing new novels...)

tadashi posted:

Is anyone else just ignoring ships for now? I feel like whatever I get now is just going to be overpowered by whatever comes in the first big update. As much fun as the battles are, I also have 500 other chores to finish, like 7* Emp and yoda so I just use the ship currency to get gear and shards for characters I want to use in ships later.

No, I'm spending fleet shipments on ships because I really want to start getting Zetas sooner rather than later. I was spending 2x GW on ships for awhile, but with Cassian coming out, and DV's ship, seems worth putting all that into AP.

Chilichimp posted:

If I'd gotten a free 7* out of it, I'd call it even.

They also contribute power, and I think for Bistan you get more for having both than what other ships get, but I don't think it's 2x or anything like that.

Cactus posted:

I would probably do Biggs' or Wedge's primary. Wedge's secondary isn't bad, but his aoe isn't that amazing and it's just 4 -> 3 cd. STH's primary was one of the last rebel omegas I purchased.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Can't afford to completely ignore them because of zetas but I rarely do more than the one required battle for daily (And I still easily hold top 50, seems pretty much everybody feels the same way about ships :effort:)

I just got Mace to G11 so that I can get his final ultimate level. And he's basically useless except as a Fleet Commander ... so I like ships to the detriment of my arena squad!

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I'm really concerned about the rate they are increasing power in this game. For the most part, over the past year, there's been a slow increase every few characters released.

Same, it feels like they've let the power creep get away from them completely and because they make money primarily off whales rather than a balanced approach each new release has to be more ridiculous than the last to encourage spending.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I'd like to unlock Cassian, but I think I'll just wait for him to become F2P someday. Going to save up for Vader's tie Tournament again and try to unlock it.. God, I hate Squad Tournaments.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I want another * for my x1, so I am going to test out joining Cassian's squad tournament 1 hour before it ends because that's all the effort I want to put into it anyway.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Chilichimp posted:

Iphone users get a free 7* Cassian Andor.

Droid users get a rock.

Can the rock be thrown?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

iGestalt posted:

God, I hate Squad Tournaments.

On the bright side, they are one of the few venues where you actually play the game, outside of arena and GW. And unlike arena, in tournaments I can actually try to fight uber whale teams (G11 Maze/Chirrut) with no consequences.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

Can the rock be thrown?

Rock - A powerful tank from somewhere on the ground.

Throw - The rock is thrown and does unavoidable damage to the target. This kills the Rock.
Drop - The rock is dropped and gains Taunt for the rest of the encounter.
Resolve of a Rock (Leadership) - All allies have +51 Defense and a 51% chance to gain Defense Up for 2 turns whenever they are damaged.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
https://youtu.be/neuq3p3IyP4

:rock:

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Aren't iphone users also getting Bistan shards rather than SRP shards from the daily pack thing right now? Small difference, but Bistan is not farmable and SRP is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlessedBullet
Aug 18, 2007
How appropriate, you fight like a cow.
Please add me to guild 669-758-663