Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

suicidesteve posted:

Can anyone tell me why people are bringing in Surgical against me playing Death and Taxes? I mean besides the obvious answer that MTGO players are just really, really bad. I've had 2 people do it this week.

What are they extracting out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

C-Euro posted:

What are they extracting out?

Swords and Thalia?! And it's like, fair midrange-y mirrors. Not like there's any real value in me not having Thalias.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

my guess is they're trying to snag vial and port but... uh... i dunno. Seems sketchy.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

my guess is they're trying to snag vial and port but... uh... i dunno. Seems sketchy.

The correct answer is that they are very bad like most MTGO players but there is no justice in this game so I lost to the one in the league anyway because as it turns out drawing 15 lands and 5 spells in one game and 3 lands total across the other 2 doesn't win very many games!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

clearly you should be playing Lands

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

clearly you should be playing Lands

How is Lands supposed to win if it never draws a 2nd land?!

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

suicidesteve posted:

Can anyone tell me why people are bringing in Surgical against me playing Death and Taxes? I mean besides the obvious answer that MTGO players are just really, really bad. I've had 2 people do it this week.

Surgical is just a fun card and lots of people like jamming it as a "gently caress your 4 of" card but yeah it's not great vs. D&T.

I guess it's semi legit if they really can't deal with Wasteland?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ive boarded in 1 when i couldnt beat sanctum prelate and had more bad cards to take out than board in

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

empathe posted:

Surgical is just a fun card and lots of people like jamming it as a "gently caress your 4 of" card but yeah it's not great vs. D&T.

I guess it's semi legit if they really can't deal with Wasteland?

Yeah, on 12 Post I usually board some in against D&T for Wastelands, then take them right back out when I remember it doesn't really deal with any of their other cards and I'm better off using something that might help against Cataclysm instead.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
speaking of MTGO players being bad, I just swung in with 2 4/4 grim flayers, to have one of them chumped by a deathrite shaman... while I had only 1 land in my GY....

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Tim Raines IRL posted:

speaking of MTGO players being bad, I just swung in with 2 4/4 grim flayers, to have one of them chumped by a deathrite shaman... while I had only 1 land in my GY....

This story of playing two grim flayers in a deathrite shaman format is very illustrative of how modo players are bad thank you! :jerry:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

black potus posted:

This story of playing two grim flayers in a deathrite shaman format is very illustrative of how modo players are bad thank you! :jerry:

Playing with a suboptimal build or a not-really-an-archtype (in this case, sultai vial) for fun is not the same as making obviously bad decisions in game. God forbid anyone have fun playing magic, right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

black potus posted:

Grim Flayer is very legacy playable.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Playing with a suboptimal build or a not-really-an-archtype (in this case, sultai vial) for fun is not the same as making obviously bad decisions in game. God forbid anyone have fun playing magic, right?

If you are not playing to see your enemies cower before your kid game skills then gently caress off into the EDH thread where fun is supposed to happen

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

In what?

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I'm yankin' your chain you goober!!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

mcmagic posted:

What deck is running them? I've not been paying attention to legacy in a while.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Hitting Delerium in Legacy is really easy and it turns out being able to Brainstorm two bad cards onto the top of your library and then have Flayer dump them in the trash is pretty good.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

please do not play creatures you intend to cast in your legacy decks, thank you

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jund and several different Sultai Variants.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Disgusting. Get that garbage out of here.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Delver is a Wizard, and Wizards arent Creatures, theyre just spells that leave bodies. Other notable examples include Snapcaster Mage and vendilion clique. Thalia is just a thorn that costs white mana, totally not a creature. Mentor is a 3 mana moat that produces attackers, definitely not a creature at all. And Deathrite is a 1-mana planeswalker. I see no creatures there.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I got a box of Kaladesh as a gift and opened a foiled Sword of Feast and Famine. I do not want to keep this card and would like to sell it to buy cards I am not paranoid about.

What is the best way to maximize my return for it? Most stores won't offer me less than 50% of its value, is online the best way? is there a place outside ebay that I can put it up for sale?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Biaga posted:

I got a box of Kaladesh as a gift and opened a foiled Sword of Feast and Famine. I do not want to keep this card and would like to sell it to buy cards I am not paranoid about.

What is the best way to maximize my return for it? Most stores won't offer me less than 50% of its value, is online the best way? is there a place outside ebay that I can put it up for sale?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679632

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

L0cke17 posted:

Delver is a Wizard, and Wizards arent Creatures, theyre just spells that leave bodies. Other notable examples include Snapcaster Mage and vendilion clique. Thalia is just a thorn that costs white mana, totally not a creature. Mentor is a 3 mana moat that produces attackers, definitely not a creature at all. And Deathrite is a 1-mana planeswalker. I see no creatures there.

this is all correct

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Even if Thalia was a creature, you wouldn't cast it, you'd just Vial it in.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

L0cke17 posted:

ok fair enough but what about these

this is a fun game

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Elyv posted:

this is a fun game

Colorless lava axe, untappable Mox emerald, 2 CMC annihilate, lightning storm but for instants and sorceries, self targeting tormod's crypt.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Elyv posted:

this is a fun game

smasher is a creature, and therefore unplayably bad. nettle sentinel is also a creature and therefore unplayably bad. Baleful Strix is a wizard's familiar, so it can stay as its a cantripping removal spell. Blighted agent is a creature therefore unplayably bad. Gurmag Angler is a creature and therefore unplayably bad.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Printing Paradoxical Outcome was a mistake, the deck is just way too good. I think Wizards needs to ban or restrict Gleemox to keep it in check. https://clips.twitch.tv/richshay/StrangeTigerBibleThump

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

eSporks posted:

Printing Paradoxical Outcome was a mistake, the deck is just way too good. I think Wizards needs to ban or restrict Gleemox to keep it in check. https://clips.twitch.tv/richshay/StrangeTigerBibleThump

this is forums poster Hellsau making Rich double-take

L0cke17 posted:

Gurmag Angler is a creature and therefore unplayably bad.

you ever have a gurmag angler Venser'd (which, as a Wizard, is a spell and not a creature)? pretty clear that it's unplayable based on that experience alone

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

this is forums poster Hellsau making Rich double-take

you ever have a gurmag angler Venser'd (which, as a Wizard, is a spell and not a creature)? pretty clear that it's unplayable based on that experience alone

It's not like it's all that hard to get 6 more cards in the yard in Grixis Delver...

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

farrt

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

don't sign your posts

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the sexual Shiite posted:

don't sign your posts

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

I cast this one:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

EvilBeard posted:

I cast this one:

Casting it off omniscience doesnt count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

L0cke17 posted:

Casting it off omniscience doesnt count.

Well I cast mine using a Serra's Sanctum so