Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Apparently if you hit the TAB button in the PU it insta crashes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheLightPurges posted:

Apparently if you hit the TAB button in the PU it insta crashes or something.

Gosh, if you'd actually read the things you posted!!!

TheLightPurges posted:

2.6.0lis out All this for 12 GBs lol

Fixed a number of issues with ship loadout management in the new frontend UI, including crashes.
•Fixed a number of minor graphical issues in and around the Caterpillar.
•Fixed a number of issues with the new frontend UI. •These include a number of lobby crashes and numerous graphical issues.

•Fixed a number of client and server crashes in Star Marine, Crusader and Arena Commander.

[Update]: We are aware that a large number of players are experiencing code 30000 and 10002 errors.

While this new instability is unfortunate please try and play as much as you can so we can gather as much data on these issues as possible! Thanks!

•Be advised that, in order to receive new lobby invites, you will need to restart the client after every match.
•New! Spamming “apply to ship” in ship customization will strip all items off the ship.
•Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build.
•Our planned Electronic Access improvements for sequential map loading (“mega map”) are not in this build.
•Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab” key on default keybindings).
•Missile rebalance is ongoing.
•Flight Balance Changes to include Acceleration, Afterburner, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing.
•Workaround for Front End UI Issues: Either use the old UI (ui_frontend.startup_mode = 0) OR on the main menu hit the “Escape” key and then “Go To Hangar”. Once loaded into the Hangar, you can use the Elevator to connect to Crusader or ArcCorp

Also "a number". One, maybe zero as that's technically a number. They also introduced some new ones.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Daztek posted:

Gosh, if you'd actually read the things you posted!!!

Yea I read that. But I didn't know it CTD'd you. I just thought it did nothing or stimpired your char as it tried to scan.

Way too much faith in CIG.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Of all the terrible lovely awful things Mr. Wannabe Anime Lady Man has said somehow this feels like the worst to me.

Don't worry. :pgabz: and I are on the job.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
CIG is innovating like crazy for disabled gamers everywhere. Combining ALT-F4 into one convenient button.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

1500 posted:

nope, Prison Architect, Long Dark, RimWorld, Space Engineers, to name a few good games that stayed in EA for a long time.

True, but all of them, with the exception of Space engineers, did not go above 3 years in EA.

Prison architect lasted 2 year and a half,
The long dark began in 2014, so slightly above two years
Rimworlds just got in EA (it was alpha before) and many would argue that it is not "Good" even if i like it.
I could argue that Space Engineer is a toy, not a game. You have no "win condition" and they could simply stick a "finished" on it at any time (the survival game problem).

Maybe my estimate was a little too short or maybe those are outliers and the whole EA idea is still too young to gather good estimates.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ArfJason posted:

So what youre trying to say in the most gbs way possible is that you have searched out such a volume of tweets about the people and videogame you hate that you trained the algorithm behind twitter to suggest you more?
This is even worse

Wait a good drat second, this screen isn't even turned on! It seems that I was wrong all along! Twitter does indeed include messages from people, even those I am not following!

In fact, looking down my Twitter feed for the last month the only mentions of star citizen are retweeted by one Richard "lowtax" kyanka, who seems to run some sort of internet comedy website.

My god, I certainly regret making all those retarded comments about Twitter now that I realise I have literally no idea how it works. I sure do feel like a bit of a twat. Let's hope I don't compound this mistake by incorrectly accusing someone of reposting poo poo from their feed in this thread, because I seem to be incapable of keeping track of who I am replying to!

Chalks fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 21, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

aleksendr posted:

True, but all of them, with the exception of Space engineers, did not go above 3 years in EA.

Rimworlds just got in EA (it was alpha before) and many would argue that it is not "Good" even if i like it.
I could argue that Space Engineer is a toy, not a game. You have no "win condition" and they could simply stick a "finished" on it at any time (the survival game problem).

Maybe my estimate was a little too short or maybe those are outliers and the whole EA idea is still too young to gather good estimates.

Grim Dawn was in EA for nearly 3 years!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

I think they worded it badly and just meant "topped".

Yeah, maybe. That would make a lot more sense.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Chalks posted:

No, like I said, it's blank. Like, totally blank.

Look, I know how this poo poo works, I've been looking at this entirely blank screen for literally days and it's blank as hell.

I'm basically an expert on twitter at this point and I know for a fact that it doesn't constantly pop up with random poo poo from people you aren't following just because they think you "might be interested in" due to someone you follow also following an account that liked a tweet. No sir, not even once. This is a thing I have never seen.

You seem to be treating me like some sort of moron who has no idea how twitter works. That's a lie. Twitter doesn't have any "suggested" tweets or anything like that. Any suggestion to the contrary is completely false. And don't even get me started on retweets! That's not even a word let alone a thing that would cause something to appear on your feed!! Hahahahaha, what nonsense.

I mean what sort of dumbass would accuse people of using twitter in the "wrong way" when they've clearly got no idea how it works in the first place?

Certainly not I.

Shut the gently caress up

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
The official CIG policy for testing their brand new front end UI is to skip it entirely

quote:

•Workaround for Front End UI Issues: Either use the old UI (ui_frontend.startup_mode = 0) OR on the main menu hit the “Escape” key and then “Go To Hangar”. Once loaded into the Hangar, you can use the Elevator to connect to Crusader or ArcCorp

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey about this "the hard part is done" thing. Everything is going to be okay:

turbonerd (which is my favourite word for today) posted:

The Net Work code is much further along, but they can't add it until Item 2.0 is in place.
Think it was that Zurovic guy that said they can now handle much larger instances then originally planned with this new NWC.
And further optimization and improvements would lift that number even further.

As with everything CIG does, they take whatever time they need to build a solid foundation.
I think first release of the new networking code will be in 3.0.

That the super secret build that fixes everything is still alive in late 2016 is amazing. They take whatever time they need to build a solid foundahahahahahahaha :confuoot:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Samizdata posted:

Don't worry. :pgabz: and I are on the job.

Pgabz unleashed.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet other con men are jealous of CIG, they must wrack their brains trying to figure out an audience that is so willing to eat poo poo and continue throwing thousands of dollars at those feeding them.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Ayn Marx posted:

Shut the gently caress up

Hey buddy, I've seen the error of my ways already, chill out.

The on button was right there the whole time. Who designs this poo poo anyway.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I sold over $1000 worth of JPEGs before getting my refund. I made sure to drain every penny out of that account. Star Citizen paid for my new rifle.

Maybe I will see about getting the logo engraved on it or something.

Have fun with your hate machine loaded with Trump bullets.

I kid that's rad

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Daztek posted:

Grim Dawn was in EA for nearly 3 years!

Maybe i'm a little harsh on the whole EA concept, but you have to remember that for one Darkest Dungeon, Mordheim or Dont starve you have dozen of Godus, Space Base DF9, Towns, Starforge or The War Z (count as 3 game, each time they tried to re-release the same poo poo.)

I beleive EA to be a very risky gamble, like pre-orders or lifetime subs i prefer to leave others assume the risks for me.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Yea its not that EA doesn't have good games, its theres such a high poo poo to gold ratio because any rear end in a top hat can make an EA game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Meridian posted:

Pgabz unleashed.

:argh:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

aleksendr posted:

While Rimworld only just got into official EA, the fact that it was selling the same game on its own site for some time before still counts. And people are giving it very good early reviews.

I don't think you can break it down that way really, there are just way too many variables. There are also tons of poo poo EA games that released before that first year. EA can lead to some great games, and some cool games that would never happen. But at the same time it is prone to abuse and even if the Dev means well it can lead to burn out or apathy.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Chalks posted:

Wait a good drat second, this screen isn't even turned on! It seems that I was wrong all along! Twitter does indeed include messages from people, even those I am not following!

In fact, looking down my Twitter feed for the last month the only mentions of star citizen are retweeted by one Richard "lowtax" kyanka, who seems to run some sort of internet comedy website.

My god, I certainly regret making all those retarded comments about Twitter now that I realise I have literally no idea how it works. I sure do feel like a bit of a twat. Let's hope I don't compound this mistake by incorrectly accusing someone of reposting poo poo from their feed in this thread, because I seem to be incapable of keeping track of who I am replying to!

How much you wanna bet he still doesn't realise he is replying to the wrong person? Even now, after I mention it here.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I never seem to be in a rush to play games so the EA issue passes me by a bit, like I just bought Doom last week or something

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

I never seem to be in a rush to play games so the EA issue passes me by a bit, like I just bought Doom last week or something

which doom?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ha ha, imagine if it was the original.
Just working myself up to buying Half Life 1 over here

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

in the refund QUEUE lmao.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

in the refund QUEUE lmao.

And by the sounds of it that queue will go on until at least Friday :thumbsup:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

quote:

Because BF1 is a kids game, kids usually don't have adequate social skills for big boy games.
Context is a convo about BF1 and Star MArine.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Calm down pgabz, here....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I'm sure there are some that are actually in that kind of rush — you know, the kind of “so, I played this new game…” smuggery that has traditionally been exclusive to the indie band scene. But beyond that, it's more that EA sometimes offers fun surprises that you wouldn't normally catch.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

peter gabriel posted:

No you see 2.6 is bug free and should be released before friday

Have you got the invite yet?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Well he should definitely be able to get in-verse (as it were) when he's got access to motherfucking two point six

If he had posted that on the RSI forums he would have been banned for showing CS communications.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

No you see 2.6 is bug free and should be released before friday

Have you got the invite yet?

No :saddowns:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

peter gabriel posted:

Have you played star marine? I know someone such as yourself is a proud subscriber.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TheLightPurges posted:

Have you played star marine? I know someone such as yourself is a proud subscriber.

I am ambivalent at best about it tbh, HOT PVP ACTION sounds great but not being able to press <<TAB>>? Pfffffffffffffffft

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

peter gabriel posted:

nah man, you didn't read that properly, after friday 2.6 everything will be loving perfect and we will all play happily ever after.
loving lol.

Poor customer support tho

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Subnautica is another good game that has been in EA for 2+ years. I typically don't purchase EA games, the exceptions are ones that have been going for a while that have shown to have quality developers behind it and quality work, and does something unique. Games like Subnautica, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Kerbal Space program, Space Engineers.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016
I got Minecraft in EA.

I'm a wicked smaht savvy consumah.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Subnautica also has VR support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1500 posted:

Subnautica is another good game that has been in EA for 2+ years. I typically don't purchase EA games, the exceptions are ones that have been going for a while that have shown to have quality developers behind it and quality work, and does something unique. Games like Subnautica, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Kerbal Space program, Space Engineers.

Oooh yeah I have that, and Lego Worlds, none for me though. Hmmm, seems I do by EA games after all and am a filthy liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_SKgkg6ltQ

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 21, 2016