Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It kinda looks a lot like Ys VIII but slightly worse in every element

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morpheus posted:

I assume you're talking about the effect of gas grenades? I think it's a decent way to actually simulate those effects without, like, making the screen all blurry and stuff.
Well I was going to crack a joke about wondering if they invaded a flashbang factory so I guess it was close enough

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

wateyad posted:

The pausing to use skills was added to make the game slower and more tactical after people complained about the first demo.

Oh, Sega.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
The Valkyria Chronicles franchise is going to somehow manage to die a second time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I mean in the first demo you would just run up to enemies and mash the button until they fell down so it's not like they took something good and ruined it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I played so much Valkyria Chronicles 3, like 130 hours or something stupid, I would love to dive back into that and play some of the harder challenges if the translation patch ever got updated/finished because man was it rough in a lot of places and IIRC left most of the epilogue missions untranslated.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

uiruki posted:

and the music is wonderful. They paid for live instruments and it's a real treat on headphones.

Heck yeah it is. They got the good SaGa music guy, Kenji Ito, to come back to do Scarlet Grace and it sounds awesome. The soundtrack comes out next Wednesday and I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Since I've seen you guys pretty drat excited about Trails of Cold Steel, I think is fair that I'll let you know that ToCS3 is a a PS4 exclusive due for the next year

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Yeah, a lot of people are angry about this. So much for me finishing this series.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You should get a PS4.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
$249.99 until December 31st. Maybe they'll boost up the PS3 ports so the whole trilogy's on there, I'd re-buy.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That's too bad, I really like these games in a handheld format :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Since I've seen you guys pretty drat excited about Trails of Cold Steel, I think is fair that I'll let you know that ToCS3 is a a PS4 exclusive due for the next year

damnit. I was hoping the story would finish in TOCS2...since I'm working through that now. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That's too bad, I really like these games in a handheld format :(

Remote play on your Vita!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I always forget this is a feature, woohoo!

On another topic:

I read that SAO HR got a few updates on VITA claiming to boost FPS, is that to the point of being playable?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 20, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's probably for the best that it's not on vita performance wise, but it's still kind of a bummer

Takoluka posted:

this is probably what I'm gonna end up doing

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

TV Zombie posted:

damnit. I was hoping the story would finish in TOCS2...since I'm working through that now. :(
CS2 has a pretty good resolution to its arc at least with regards to the main cast, just that there is a pretty strong "...and the world kept turning" vibe about the rest.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

At least now it won't take me months to finish a game since I usually play my Vita an hour before bed.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Takoluka posted:

Yeah, that poo poo doesn't work on the train.

I'll still buy CS3 because, dang, I haven't been in love with a game franchise like this in years, but I ain't doing a new game+ or any 100% bullshit on a console when most of my gaming time is spent while on commute.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's like 3 years away, who knows what your life will look like by the time it comes out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But it won't bring in my saves and therefore have my carefully cultivated relationship with the best girl.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

But it won't bring in my saves and therefore have my carefully cultivated relationship with the best girl.

where did it say that it wouldn't be able to do that

hell I thought you could already do that between the vita and ps3 versions of the current games but I could be making that up

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I'd be surprised if they couldn't access the network save functions they've been using so far.

But yeah, I do most of my JRPG gaming on public transport; it's fine for Fate GO or Granblue on my phone but I don't think it'd support Remote Play when even YouTube is spotty.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well I mean, it makes sense. Cold Steel 1 and 2 were meant to be one game but limitations on the Vita split the game into two and even then it doesn't particularly perform well on the Vita. Throwing the weight behind the PS4 is probably a smarter move that will prevent too many compromises being made to accomodate for weaker hardware.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Vita turned 5 years old last Saturday. The hardware design is probably even older than that. It has lived the average lifespan of a console and it shouldn't be surprising developers are dropping support for the newer systems.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just give me SaGa SCARLET GRACE then hit the loving lights

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Has anything been even hinted at as far as Scarlet Grace coming over?

I'm still waiting on loving RS2 to come out. I have it on my phone, but I don't want to play it on my phone!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace (Square Enix, 12/15/16) – 64,965 (New)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That's pretty good, considering there are only 10 Vita owners.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I did my part and bought 649 copies

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Where's your .65 of a copy?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Best Buy just added a bunch of Vita entries, including one that's a PS4 game but they shoved under Vita anyway because they're confused I guess

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

[PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace (Square Enix, 12/15/16) – 64,965 (New)
Oh yeah, since you're mentioning sales, Akiba's Beat came out this week and failed to rank anywhere, meaning sub 7K sales.
I don't get what they were going for turning it into a pseudo Tales game anyway.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
It'd really help if my local Electronics Boutiques EB Games stores actually had more than, oh, six Vita games on the shelves at any given time (two of which are used, three of which are some pre-2016 sports title).

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

HGH posted:

Oh yeah, since you're mentioning sales, Akiba's Beat came out this week and failed to rank anywhere, meaning sub 7K sales.
I don't get what they were going for turning it into a pseudo Tales game anyway.

Don't forget the fact that they removed all the real shops from it, made all the bystanders into silhouettes, made just enough changes to the Tales of Xillia battle controls to annoy you, made dungeons even less interesting looking than in Persona 3 and put it all on Unity so it looks and runs like blurry garbage on PS4 while they'll probably have to cancel the Vita version.

Complete disaster. Try the demo on PSN. There's no love for Akiba there anymore - they still have that building which has been undergoing renovations for years now fully open because they didn't update the base city data from AS2.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nuts i was hoping it would be a step forward for the series. guess i will spend my anime bux on fate/extella

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No wonder they changed their mind about an English dub. Most western anime fans won't know the difference.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah

Super No Vacancy posted:

nuts i was hoping it would be a step forward for the series. guess i will spend my anime bux on fate/extella

I was thinking of that but that's been getting mixed reviews on Amazon and MK2. But then they want 8800 yen for the digital version of that so it was a bit too much to risk myself.

The main things I can see there is that people were expecting action closer to the previous games while they made it a musou-type game, and that the plot is very Nero-heavy. Plenty of people unhappy with the quality of the visuals too. I think the biggest telltale is that you can still get the limited edition with the mousepad for a big discount from the RRP.

edit: So I'm not just sounding really negative, I'm really enjoying Saga as a newcomer to the series. That game is getting very strong word of mouth. Reminds me of when I picked up Refrain earlier this year - that ended up being my favourite dungeon crawler of 2016 by some distance and it came out of nowhere from a team that had never done a DRPG before. Even Kazuya Niinou remarked about how he'd have to steal some ideas from it.

uiruki fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 21, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Best Buy just added a bunch of Vita entries, including one that's a PS4 game but they shoved under Vita anyway because they're confused I guess

I'm glad to see the next Operation Babel and also God Wars. I'm mildly surprised at Hakuouki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What game was Mary Skelter again? I mean, it's IF, so it's probably bad, but Trillion was an interesting concept at least.