Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Dali Parton posted:

I dont understand whats going on here, its awesome yet terrifying and confusing? Long hellways to spread out traffic more? :stare:

I don't think traffic management was really the goal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just to add a dissenting opinion because it seems the prevailing one with regards to roads/traffic is just use 2 lane roads and nothing else... I've had tons of success with larger roads + highways and I kinda don't know what you guys are talking about?

They require a bit more planning and you definitely need to think about having feeder roads and good road hierarchy (freeway -> arterial -> collector -> local) but they are definitely workable. Larger is not always better ofc but I have plenty of 4 lane and 6 lane roads in my most recent city and the only red spots are where there is just heavy heavy throughput (it's moving smoothly though).

Now the trains, I suck at the trains. Backed up trains for miles. In my defense there's only so much density you can have without switches before it all turns to poo poo.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
A good hierarchical layout is better for aesthetics and service propagation math but I've mostly stopped arguing for it because it starts seeming like this thread is groundhogs day after awhile and all 2 lanes works better than you'd want it to.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime posted:

A good hierarchical layout is better for aesthetics and service propagation math but I've mostly stopped arguing for it because it starts seeming like this thread is groundhogs day after awhile and all 2 lanes works better than you'd want it to.

Fair enough, it does work really well. Just kinda boring though and I feel like it's mostly just because there's no traffic lights or stop signs.

Although I guess I freely abuse round-a-bouts so whatever.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like looking at other people's highways but I can never make mine realistic enough and it's always hard to motivate myself to do it because unless it's a busy industrial area, I always end up demolishing the highways as the city evolves beyond them and stops using them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Highways are part of the fun of the game because it doesn't really afford you much roadbuilding detail anywhere else, but they're also strictly superfluous compared to an infinite grid of 2x2 roads.

Build them if you want, don't if you don't, the tools are a lot more detailed than they need to be for the simulation.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Moridin920 posted:

Now the trains, I suck at the trains. Backed up trains for miles. In my defense there's only so much density you can have without switches before it all turns to poo poo.

The trick to trains is to completely isolate your local network from your regional network. Any station that has a path to a connection at the edge of the map will spam and be spammed by barely-full trains. This happens for both cargo and passenger and it will gently caress up your rail network. What you want is a small number of stations with connections to regional traffic, designed so that cargo or passengers (as applicable) can then easily transfer to your local network.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I find it easy enough to set up a terminus station for the regional trains and then stick a local station for local people nearby. If you use one of the modular station doohickeys of course you can then have a dedicated platform for regional traffic along with any number of platforms for local services. Of course you might decide it's just easier to stick to metro stations for local passengers. (I haven't looked at that metro overhaul mod yet.)

There's also a mod to make stations local only, you kind of have to remember it's there though because you have to use the Alt key when plopping (or replopping) the stations.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638786709&searchtext=local

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I remember someone making a mod or asset that was like an all in one transfer station some how. Maybe it's just using the local station mod and turning them all off except for one?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bold Robot posted:

The trick to trains is to completely isolate your local network from your regional network. Any station that has a path to a connection at the edge of the map will spam and be spammed by barely-full trains. This happens for both cargo and passenger and it will gently caress up your rail network. What you want is a small number of stations with connections to regional traffic, designed so that cargo or passengers (as applicable) can then easily transfer to your local network.

Yup I do that. Cargo + Passengers have completely separate rail/track lines and internal and external are divided.

The problem I have is the stations themselves don't process trains fast enough leading to back up, or more often what happens is there are multiple trains trying to use the same bit of track and they both just stop until one de-spawns (and again lots of back up). This is more an issue with cargo trains on the internal network than anything else.

I've kind of been kind of able to mitigate this by building huge rear end interchanges and lots of parallel tracks with switch overs here and there and the trains are actually pretty decent about staying out of each others' way but without proper switching there's definitely a limit.

I haven't played for a few months so this might have changed but at the time there were mod passenger stations with multiple platforms which were a huge help but unfortunately there wasn't anything of the kind for cargo train stations.

Couple old screenshots of my trains for reference; first interchange doesn't have all the connections made yet though:

e: If I could designate a station as input or output only that might be a huge boon, just thought of that. Definitely sucks when there are 6 trains waiting to unload and then some trucks mob in and an outbound train gets generated then everything sits there for a bit.

ee: It could be that I'm going about it the completely wrong way ofc like I said I dunno about trains.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 20, 2016

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Just don't design any interchanges that can't fully fit an entire train's length on them. And, are you sure that your external/internal freight lines aren't connected? That looks like a large amount of traffic for just internal lines. Are the trains all from freight depot xyz and running near their capacity?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Internal lines can get hosed. I had an area with maybe 4 stations, all internal, and it was bumper to bumper 10% full trains. It seems to get worse when you have resource industries. This 2 ore needs to go to station B, and this 1 lumber needs to go to station A, meanwhile this 5 food needs to go to station D. Make 4 barely full trains!!

God I wish we could set up lines like in transport fever and have em go back and forth with cargo actually limited by the type of car. Set up a little mixed goods train, or a tiny little shunter pulling a few goods wagons doing a loops through my commercial depots and back to the factories to supply commercial goods. Transit practically works like this. It's not like every time 2 people go to catch a bus, a bus spawns. There's a set amount and they do their route.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 20, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

Just don't design any interchanges that can't fully fit an entire train's length on them. And, are you sure that your external/internal freight lines aren't connected? That looks like a large amount of traffic for just internal lines. Are the trains all from freight depot xyz and running near their capacity?

I'm 100% sure yeah :( Honestly that's a light train day, there are times where it is almost double that amount of trains.

Yeah I maybe should make the interchanges bigger. The trains are all from different depots around the city shuttling resources around like Baronjutter basically described. I tried to have some kind of order to it (industry mining ore sends a train to a hub station and that particular train can't get to any other stations due to the way the tracks are set up for example) but it ain't perfect by any means.

e: re the train density, did you know tracks can get colored like roads do? It usually doesn't happen unless you have tons and tons of trains though:

Baronjutter posted:

Internal lines can get hosed. I had an area with maybe 4 stations, all internal, and it was bumper to bumper 10% full trains. It seems to get worse when you have resource industries. This 2 ore needs to go to station B, and this 1 lumber needs to go to station A, meanwhile this 5 food needs to go to station D. Make 4 barely full trains!!

Yeah I have almost no imports coming from outside to feed industry/commerce, nearly all commercial gets goods from industry which gets resources from other industry (I have a mod that makes the resource deposits unlimited 'cuz frankly screw them running out after such a short amount of in-game time).

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Dec 20, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh also this 1 lumber truck needs to drive past the freight station all the way to the factory area, get on the station there, turn into a 5% full train and cross the map, get off, half unload its cargo at a single warehouse, drive back to the crowded freight station, choo choo across the map on another 5% full train, get off, make a weird loop around an area, unload .1 unit of lumber at a 1x1 little industrial building, drive back to the station, train across the map, get OFF right at a station that connects to the outside world but instead drive off the map to export the remaining 1% of lumber. It's like they want to create as much truck traffic at the driveway to freight stations and spawn as many nearly empty trains as possible.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Doing anything more than point A to B by train internally is going to be an uphill battle unless they put in chaff collection or de-emphasize trains in the pathfinding.

A to B can vaguely collect chaff. But the more stations you have, the more you have a truck going into A that wants to go to B followed by a truck going into A that wants to go to C so the train spawns going to B with one truck worth. Its a bit of a mess but I guess no dev has ever pegged it for reevaluation because its impossible to go broke by the time you have multiple train stations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Also the more types of industry you have the more tiny trains you'll have. If all you have is goods, all your trains do is import raw materials (A to B) and export off map or to your commercial. Simple. But you throw food and ore and oil and poo poo into the mix you now have a ton more destinations and sources and chains to deal with. Also the game is insanely stupid when it comes to resources and local sourcing. I had a huge mining area and guess what my top import was? Ore! Why?? My top export was ore! Well if an ore processing building wants raw ore, it checks if there's any ore trucks out RIGHT NOW this exact moment. If there aren't, it imports from off the map. If a raw ore truck pops out and a processor doesn't want anything that second, off it goes to export. Despite producing more raw ore than I needed, I still imported a massive amount. Same with all resource types. Lumber mills will import lumber even if you have a poo poo ton of tree farms. Ready sliced fruit will import fruit from abroad despite being surrounded by fields. It's nuts, and silly, and bad.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It seems to be a quirk of supply and demand combined with where in the chain the growable actually ends up. I think for specialty industry you get a chance that a growable is seemingly flagged as intermediate that for example takes food and produces it into food but will only ship to normal industry or export and if your normal industry is saturated off it goes to export. Meanwhile you have so many intermediates all your virgin fruit is spoken for between it and normal industry and these intermediates are now importing food it turns into food that it exports. Why it places intermediates on fertile ground is a valid question but I don't know that the system ends up bad because of it.

Thinking about it though, the value of non-renewable fertile zones probably should be that its a fountain of trucks that you can count on never having inbound traffic.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The whole resource system is bad. It's once again a good idea that they implemented in a weird and lazy way then refuse to re-visit.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Baronjutter posted:

The whole resource system is bad. It's once again a good idea that they implemented in a weird and lazy way then refuse to re-visit.

Has there ever been a sim game that did resources well? I seem to remember them all having weird quirks and never working right (though I really kind of liked how industry and import/export worked in CitiesXL, a game otherwise doomed to mediocrity)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
CitiesXL makes me mad because there's tons of things they did right then they just kind of never fixed the memory leak or whatever that makes it run like absolute dogshit and instead just made it into an MMO (?) and re-released it again and again for a few years until everyone caught on.

Also they promised me mini-Tycoon style stuff with beaches and winter resorts which would have been sick as hell the bastards.

quote:

For example, the first GEM planned, and almost completed, the Ski GEM, was to enable you to build ski resorts, complete with ski tracks of different difficuly, running down the snowy slopes of the many mountain maps of the game. In case your resort were successful, it would bring in a large amount of tax revenue, allowing the city to sustain itself exclusively from this activity.

:argh:

There's a lot of things that game did right or almost right but it had some pretty major flaws and it's sad.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The MMO poo poo they tried to peddle from the first big release, and then dropped for the cash grab yearly patches they sold as new games. Honestly, I wish CO had stolen lot fillers and the RCI demand system (generally.) There were separate industries to zone for raw materials/food, heavy industry (processing refining?), manufacturing, and high tech. Separate commercial for retail, leisure, offices, and hotels. They all had their dependencies, and in a properly made game, that could actually be a lot of fun to design a functioning city around.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Honestly the game's really only worthwhile as a city painter and traffic simulator. I'm about to start playing it again and I'm going to use Traffic Manager's parking AI (so pocket cars no longer exist) and disable vehicle despawning, run it using Rush Hour, the Realistic Population and Consumption Mod and a mod to limit the gradient of roads and rail tracks. I'm also going to convert all of the train assets I use to have realistic lengths, so my freight trains should wind up being 750m long.

Anything else I'm not thinking of to make the traffic simulation as in depth and painful as possible?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Same with all resource types. Lumber mills will import lumber even if you have a poo poo ton of tree farms. Ready sliced fruit will import fruit from abroad despite being surrounded by fields. It's nuts, and silly, and bad.
It's also quite realistic. It's dumb as hell yes but :capitalism:. If it's even remotely cheaper to import from across the world instead of across the street that's what's going to happen.

It would be better for gameplay and performance if it didn't however. All those lovely agents going back and forth for no reason just clogging up the cpu and roads.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

You can finally make believable wall to wall housing on curved roads thanks to Move It! Hopefully once I figure out the reason why Disable Zone Check is broken for me it'll get even easier.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I decided to go for an island city try again so I don't have to gently caress around with train spam or highways. I want to make a very pretty town of wall to wall olde buildings but "this little tenement neighbourhood next to the port" seems to be growing without end.

Everyone uses the ground level metro to get around which is nice, almost no car traffic. Clearly the whole thing is inspired by a lot of soviet suburbs. Really want to get going on pretty euro stuff though so I'll need to transition some how soon.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Are those apartment blocks ploppables? Suddenly want to make a hellish Siberian Soviet industrial town

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think they are but even if not there's a mod that lets you copy-paste non-ploppable buildings so you can spam the same buildings all you want (they'll just disappear after a bit if insufficient stuff exists to support the building).

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah all those apartments are rico. Most of them are like 8x3 or other sizes the ridiculous zoning system can't handle. And blocks like that were always part of big planned neighbourhoods so it really only makes sense to plop em. Other than suburban houses I'm happy to plop everything, get much better results.

I only have a few but there's a huge russian community on the workshop and they've pumped out tons and tons of ugly soviet blocks, mostly all rico of course.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
That reminds of the the isolated Soviey mining cities. Like Norilsk!

It'd middle of nowhere, the highway doesn't actully lead out of the city. Only ships or planes come there, and most people use train and busses to get around.

Check Norilsk, Krasnoyska Krai from google maps for inspirstion, for example. There are plenty other similar cities.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

As long as you have a super-block filled with a maze of lanes with huge mass produced apartments you're doing it right. If anything my superblocks needs to be bigger.

Although I'm taking my inspiration more from the suburbs of a nice city like Prague rather than a soul-crushing wasteland like Norlisk.

The Czech's have done a pretty good job making these sort of areas as least depressing as possible. Keep the buildings in good condition or paint/reno them, improve the parking and pedestrian safety situation and keep the greenspace more like parks and less like fields of dead grass and mud, and in-fill areas with shops and services, and you end up with nice affordable residential neighbourhoods with great transit access.

It's not really so bad from the ground either. Grass is mowed, bike lanes, they tried to introduce some colour to the buildings. It's not great but it's ok. Hell of a lot better than what a lot of these planned neighbourhoods currently look like in Ukraine or Russia.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 21, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also frankly much better than hellish (what I hope are postwar) terraces that make up most of where I live.

Chenghiz
Feb 14, 2007

WHITE WHALE
HOLY GRAIL

Baronjutter posted:

As long as you have a super-block filled with a maze of lanes with huge mass produced apartments you're doing it right. If anything my superblocks needs to be bigger.

Although I'm taking my inspiration more from the suburbs of a nice city like Prague rather than a soul-crushing wasteland like Norlisk.

The Czech's have done a pretty good job making these sort of areas as least depressing as possible. Keep the buildings in good condition or paint/reno them, improve the parking and pedestrian safety situation and keep the greenspace more like parks and less like fields of dead grass and mud, and in-fill areas with shops and services, and you end up with nice affordable residential neighbourhoods with great transit access.

It's not really so bad from the ground either. Grass is mowed, bike lanes, they tried to introduce some colour to the buildings. It's not great but it's ok. Hell of a lot better than what a lot of these planned neighbourhoods currently look like in Ukraine or Russia.

I've been working on a city along the same lines recently inspired by this book I picked up: http://www.powells.com/book/landscapes-of-communism-a-history-through-buildings-9781620971888/62-0

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Chenghiz posted:

I've been working on a city along the same lines recently inspired by this book I picked up: http://www.powells.com/book/landscapes-of-communism-a-history-through-buildings-9781620971888/62-0

:justpost:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love that move-it and rico and the disable zoning check mods are fantastic. I know that prop anarchy and prop line tool are lovely. But now I feel like I have to do all this stuff, and it's made building soooo slowww. But the results are nice. I just so wish the base game handled buildings on curves and non-90 corners better naturally so we didn't have to hand tweek and overlap poo poo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
That does look super nice though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I got around to making a custom map theme, using stolen textures, of course. But I quite like it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wow that looks really good. Pacific Northwest inspired or?

You guys are making me want to play again but I dunno if I have the patience to wade through all my mods to see what's broken and what needs updating and whatever... I don't suppose there's like a goon mod collection or anything like that? Or just a good one in general if no?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish there was a way to just export all my mods into a collection because the answer to every mod recommendation question is oddly enough to use exactly what I'm using.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

turn off the TV posted:

You can finally make believable wall to wall housing on curved roads thanks to Move It! Hopefully once I figure out the reason why Disable Zone Check is broken for me it'll get even easier.

oh jesus :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Moridin920 posted:

Wow that looks really good. Pacific Northwest inspired or?

You guys are making me want to play again but I dunno if I have the patience to wade through all my mods to see what's broken and what needs updating and whatever... I don't suppose there's like a goon mod collection or anything like that? Or just a good one in general if no?

It is based on a part of Baniff National Park called Moraine Lake, which is why the map's name is Moraine. I also did I little more tweaking to make it more resemble the area:

Mod List:

Simulation:

Rush Hour - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605590542

Slows down the day/night cycle and gives cims schedules based on the time of day and day of the week. They go to work, school, shopping, etc. at appropriate hours. It also adds events held at certain buildings, like stadiums and the expo center, which attract lots of visitors. If you have After Dark, Tourism buildings act as hotels.

Traffic Manager: President Edition - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=583429740

Allows for manual control of traffic lights, signage, lane allocation, vehicle restrictions, speed limits and includes advanced vehicle options AI which will calculate lane usage. Also includes advanced parking AI, where cims no longer have cars in their pockets, and the ability to prevent vehicles from despawning.

Realistic Population and Consumption - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426163185

Low residential homes are single family households unless specified. All other zone types have their capacities calculated based on the model size. High residential buildings can house much, much higher populations, offices hold more workers, etc. Will destroy your traffic, especially when using Rush Hour.

Citizen Lifecycle Rebalance http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654707599

Adjunct mod for Realistic Population and Consumption. Cims travel preferences are based on wealth, age and residence. High density residents prefer public transport, while low density cims prefer to drive. Also randomizes the age at which cims move in, and probably some other stuff.

Public Transit

Transport Lines Manager - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408875519

Vastly overhauls how public transit is managed and controlled.

Vehicle Unbuncher - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=531401164

This mod resolves the problem of bus/metro/train/trams bunching (when lots of vehicles stay in the same part of a line while the rest of the line is empty.

Performance

Less Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812107110

This mod seeks to improve game performance.

Loading Screen Mod - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=667342976

This mod displays information on the loading screen and adds new options:
  • Load used assets: automatically loads the assets you have placed in your city, no matter if they are enabled or not.
  • Share textures / materials / meshes: Assets from the same author often contain the same resources. By default, the game does not care and
  • loads identical copies. These options replace such copies by references, saving RAM.
  • Skip over unused standard buildings. Skipped buildings (prefabs) will not be available in game, saving some RAM.

Dependencies

Multi-Track Station Enabler - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=532863263

Allows for multi track stations.

Sub-Buildings Enabler - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553501635

Sub-buildings are separate building assets which can be used to create assets which are larger than 16x8. For example, the feature is used by the International Airport (After Dark DLC). This mod enables the feature for workshop assets.

Note that the mod is now deprecated. Official support was added by CO. However, buildings which relied on the mod still require it.

Prefab Hook - http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=530771650

This mod is used as a bridge between different mods (for better compatibility).

Quality of Life

Advanced Vehicle Options - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=442167376

This mod lets you customize various options about vehicles.

Automatic Bulldoze v2 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639486063

Automatically destroys abandoned and burned buildings.

Search Box Mod - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=540758804

Enables a search box to browse placeable assets ingame. Buildings, props, growables all appear in searches. This includes assets in other mods.

Control Building Level Up - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410535198

This mod enables you to control your city development by preventing buildings from upgrading to a certain level.

Cross The Line - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498386331

Allows to build your infrastructure (e.g. highways) outside of city limits

Disable Zone Check - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821539759

This simple mod disables the zone checking logic for all growable buildings. This is the logic that auto demolishes any buildings that are not placed on zoned land.

Elevated Stops Enabler - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634913093

Allows to place bus and tram stops on elevated versions of roads.

Environment Changer - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611254368

Allows to change a saved game's, map's or theme's environment. It also decouples environment selection from custom theme selection.

European Buildings Unlocker - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456408505

This mod does what its name says: it unlocks European ploppable buildings for all environments (+vice versa)

Improved Content Manager - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814498849

Enhanced mods and assets panels.

Local-Only Transport Stations - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638786709

Press ALT while placing or relocating a passenger station to make it only accept local traffic (no vehicles from other cities). Note that you have to re-place a station to switch between "local" and "local & outside".

The mod supports train stations, harbours and airports (you can create local ferry lines & air lines with the Ship Line Tool and Airplane Line Tool)

Map Editor Tunnels Enabler - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=645390478

Allows to place tunnels in Map Editor. Also provides fix for connecting underground train stations to tunenls.

No Radioactive Desert And More! - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666425898

Brings sanity to ground color and makes trees lush green no matter how much pollution there (Configurable)

No Seagulls - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=564141599

This is a lightweight mod that removes seagulls from your city.

No Tree Brush Slope Limit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554763781

Allows to place trees on any slope no matter how steep it is when using tree brush

Not So Unique Buildings - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466834228

Now you can plop unique buildings as many times as you wish

Pause on load - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408905948

Pauses the game when starting a new map or loading into one

Prop Remover - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=518456166

Removes most annoying and unrealistic props from all buildings (configurable)

Spawn Points Fix - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820157360

Automatically places spawn points for custom transport assets

Spawn/Unspawn Positions Swapper - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538019888

Allows to prevent trucks that leave a train cargo station/cargo harbor or arrive to it from getting in the way of each other when the station is placed on the 'wrong' (left) side of a one way road

Surface Painter - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689937287

Allows you to change terrain surface textures.

Touch This! - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755839415

This mod allows to edit/delete the default roads from ports, international airport and other prefabs which have normally untouchable road/paths segments. For it, just press the "Touch All!" button in the mod options screen after load a city.

Traffic Report Mod - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810858473

Having problems figuring out why traffic is backed up? Want to know why a doughnut van is in the middle of an industrial district? Maybe this is the tool for you.

Transport Line Rendering Fix - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408875519

Allows to see underground portions of train, bus and tram lines and overground portions of metro lines

Unlock Tracks + Metro Tunnels - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527499893

This is a simple Mod that essentially just unlocks Train Tracks without the need to build a Station first.

Winter Buildings Unlocker - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=627047745

This is a DLC for European Buildings Unlocker mod that unlocks Winter landmarks and growables on non-Winter maps and vice versa.

Controls

Fine Road Anarchy - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=802066100

This mod adds additional options when building road.

Fine Road Tool - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=651322972

This mod allow you to set finer road elevation steps and also provides different building modes.

This mod allows you to place props in-game.

Move It! - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766190099

This mod allows you to select and move various things.

Precision Engineering - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=445589127

Precision Engineering augments Cities: Skylines by adding angle snapping, guidelines and additional information to assist you when building roads, train lines, pipes and power lines.

Prop & Tree Anarchy - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593588108

Place props & trees wherever you like.

Prop Snapping - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=787611845

Allows to snap props to buildings and elevated roads - just like in asset editor!

Quay Anarchy - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650436109

Allows you to place quays and flood walls anywhere. Also fixes 'Height too high' for quays, flood walls, cargo and passenger harbors.

Content Addons

81 Tiles - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576327847

This mod increases area available for unlocking and construction from vanilla 25 tiles to 81 tiles (whole map). NOTE: Currently disables the functionality of Disable Zone Check.

Building Themes - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466158459

This mod makes possible to apply building themes to a district or the whole city. Only buildings which are contained in one of the selected themes will grow in a district. You can subscribe to theme mods from the workshop, or create your own themes in the game.

Catenary Replacer - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774449380

Allows you to select new styles of train track Catenaries, or remove them entirely.

Extra Landscaping Tools - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=502750307

Allows to place natural resources in-game + provides configurable tree brush&pencil, terraform and water tool.

Extra Train Station Tracks - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=515489008

Adds more train station track assets for custom train stations.

Extra Vehicle Effects (Plugin for Vehicle Effects Mod) - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815103125

This mod is an expansion pack for Vehicle Effects mod.

Metro Overhaul Mod - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816260433

Thank you for scoping out the Metro Overhaul Mod. The main goals of this mod are:

1. Allow the underutilized metro system in this game to be brought to ground, and elevated levels.
2. Add style to metro with new track styles, rendered tunnels and stations.
3. Extend the functionality of metro with new UIs controlling track aesthetics as well as underground station depth and length.

More Beautification - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=505480567

This mod allows to place props in-game

More Network Stuff - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=512314255

Adds more network stuff to Asset Editor for modders to place. Also allows editing ship and airplane paths ingame and placing regular roads and metro tunnels in MapEditor. Read description carefully before using this mod!

Network Extensions 2 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812125426

Adds new roads to Cities Skylines, including zonable pedestrian paths.

Network Skins - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543722850
  • Select the pillars of your bridges
  • Select the street lights of your roads
  • Select roadside trees
The mod supports roads, train tracks and pedestrian paths. All features can be selected per segment.

Ploppable RICO - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=586012417

This mod will allow you to plop buildings that function as:
  • Residential
  • Industrial
  • Commerical
  • Office

The Ploppable RICO mod will convert any compatible ploppable asset to a RICO building.

Train & Train Stations Converter - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=795514116

Allows to convert tram-trains and metro-trains to actual trams and trains, accordingly, and train stations to metro stations (exact list can be configured)

Ship Line Tool - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639833119

This tool allows you to create ferries lines.

Vehicle Effects - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=780720853

Allows effects to be added to vehicles with xml files and editor!

Visuals and Audio

Ambient Sounds Tuner - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818641631

Tune your ambient sounds volumes individually. Also allows for custom sound replacer packs.

Daylight Classic - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530871278

Brings back original daylight color and fog settings from pre-After Dark versions of C:S

Dynamic Resolution - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=812713438

Better anti-aliasing. Upscale/downscale from any resolution.

Sharp Textures - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793176674

This mod makes textures appear sharper by increasing anisotropy and decreasing mipmapping.

Ultimate Eyecandy - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672248733

This is a mod that gives you direct control over various settings that impact the game's visuals.