Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't loving get the hatred for the shark fins. Seriously, they did not look as bad as anyone here is acting. You're all children.

The dick noses were the actual horrible aero developments in the past 50 years of F1 design. Not bloody shark fins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know this will get me flamed, but I prefer the look of Indy cars vs F1.

Then again, I hate the dropped wing like F1 tends to run and prefer the wing to be attached to the nose directly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

I know this will get me flamed, but I prefer the look of Indy cars vs F1.

Then again, I hate the dropped wing like F1 tends to run and prefer the wing to be attached to the nose directly.

The indy cars would look a lot better without the loving rear bumper or whatever the gently caress is going on in the back

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

The indy cars would look a lot better without the loving rear bumper or whatever the gently caress is going on in the back

Yeah, that's the one downside of them. Apparently they're going to get rid of them for the next major redesign except on Texas, Indy, and Pocono, but those are the three fastest courses.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

El Hefe posted:

I hope it's called just RonGP

Call it RawnGP, and have a plain white car.

Khablam posted:

You were the friend in the group who won Street Fighter one time then refused any rematches and claimed you were the best, weren't you?

Anyone with any sense can see Rosberg peaced out because he realised one title was all he would get. He wouldn't be "retiring on top" if he thought he was a multi-WDC to be.

I legitimately think he just didn't want to drive any more. It seemed like he wanted ONE title, maybe for himself, maybe for Keke, whatever... but I think even if Lewis had announced his retirement first, and Merc confirmed Whirrline/Massa/Bottas/someone Rosberg would actually have a good chance of beating, he probably still would have quit. He seemed like he really wanted to get one, and then spend time with his family. Cool and good dad Nico Bossberg.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

The Italian version of Motorsport.com has an article stating that Are Ron and some Chinese lenders are making a bid to buy Manor

This is amazing news if true and perhaps another avenue for Button to make another startling return after believing his career has ended ala Brawn GP. Are Button 2017 WDC

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ive long believed what we needed in F1 is chinese engine manufacturers

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Jedit posted:

That's right: Felipe Massa WDC 2017, beating Hamilton at the last corner for the title.

This would be poetic, and the best thing ever

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, Massa and Lewis collide, resulting in this:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Die die die

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

I want to like this boy I really do but..... drat that face. When he was born instead slapping the baby to make him cry, the doctor slapped his mother.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

What does a "Shark Fin Engine Cover" look like?

Is it more or less pointy that circa 2008 aero bits?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blunt posted:

What does a "Shark Fin Engine Cover" look like?

Is it more or less pointy that circa 2008 aero bits?

https://www.google.com/search?q=F1+shark+fin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip9Jm45oXRAhVKRyYKHWQPA8wQ_AUICCgB&biw=1680&bih=920

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Thanks!

Please make all the cars look like this:

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Is that some kind of bong?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I want to like this boy I really do but..... drat that face. When he was born instead slapping the baby to make him cry, the doctor slapped his mother.

Jos has repeated the doctors advice for years to come.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alain Post posted:

Die die die

:unsmigghh:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

blunt posted:

Thanks!

Please make all the cars look like this:

Took me far too long to realise its a hammerhead shark

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Ive long believed what we needed in F1 is chinese engine manufacturers

This would add a lot of entertainment to F1 that is missing, especially entertaining when the Chinese engines blow. Really spice things up and make F1 not dull again.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

GramCracker posted:

This would add a lot of entertainment to F1 that is missing, especially entertaining when the Chinese engines blow. Really spice things up and make F1 not dull again.

Are you trying to give Wicka a heart attack with these back to the 80s suggestions?

MF1GA

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The shark fins did look good on the helicopter shots though. One thing I'm unclear on is how they will fit in with the rear wings, iirc the shark fins went away because they were not compatible with the (then) new DRS rear wings, so they would have to be a lot lower or curve down this time around.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

You were the friend in the group who won Street Fighter one time then refused any rematches and claimed you were the best, weren't you?

Anyone with any sense can see Rosberg peaced out because he realised one title was all he would get. He wouldn't be "retiring on top" if he thought he was a multi-WDC to be.

This. As much of a dog whistle racist I am because I am British and think Hamwalleton is a plonker according to some random poo poo head who decided to grace us with their presence in this thread, Rosberg left not to wind Hamilton up but because he knew if his hit rate was 2 out of 3 he'd end his racing career in obscurity. Despite his barely veiled "first time he's won in 18 years" comment, Hamilton is kind of right, even if he is being a dick for it. I respect Rosberg for that decision. I am also very slowly warming to Hamilton, the person not the lovely instafacetwit persona, because of his lovely comments directed at those who fall by the wayside which are pure Lauda rival-baiting 'gently caress you' comments.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Massa and Lewis collide, further hotting up their battle for...

...MWDC 2017.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Massa and Lewis collide, further hotting up their battle for...

...MWDC 2017.

die, die, die

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Given the biblical meltdown certain elements of his thread had over Are Rossie winning I can't wait until we go into full three mile island mode when Nando wins and frogboy repeatedly crashes into others next year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Given the biblical meltdown certain elements of his thread had over Are Rossie winning I can't wait until we go into full three mile island mode when Nando wins and frogboy repeatedly crashes into others next year.

But imagine the meltdowns if Frogboy wins :allears:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait there are people who don't like Fernando? Come on even Lady Gaga sang about him

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

Then he wins and I'll be mildly annoyed that people will continue thinking he's some super Senna until he leaves the Red Bull marketing sphere ala Vettel. Life will go on.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wait there are people who don't like Fernando? Come on even Lady Gaga sang about him

I think it's 1 part trolling, 1 part backlash against what's popular. Honestly I want to see good racing (yeah I know why am I watching F1 then).

Though now I can't cheer for him that he cut his hair. Shame :smith:

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean Abba?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Verstappen is obviously fast but people love hyping drivers up way too much, that save in Brazil was super lucky (Rosberg had a similar save as well) and people were immediately beating their dicks off raw over it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

iospace posted:

There won't be many as half the thread will top themselves

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Verstappen is obviously fast but people love hyping drivers up way too much, that save in Brazil was super lucky (Rosberg had a similar save as well) and people were immediately beating their dicks off raw over it.

Also his passes were due to having fresher tires/passing a bunch of cars that wouldn't have stood a chance anyway.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

No one gives a poo poo about 'fast', they're excited because he offers more wheel-to-wheel action than anyone else on the grid at the moment. Literally empirically the case, too, he has more overtakes than anyone.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Also his passes were due to having fresher tires/passing a bunch of cars that wouldn't have stood a chance anyway.
Stop this tired (heh) nonsense. Even Pirelli put out an infographic that put him ~3seconds a lap faster than people with the same age tires.
Also none of the tires were old at all.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Imagine if he has a fatal accident. I'm imagining it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Khablam posted:

Stop this tired (heh) nonsense. Even Pirelli put out an infographic that put him ~3seconds a lap faster than people with the same age tires.

Erhh, so why didn't he win everything?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

El Hefe posted:

So when exactly are people allowed to get excited about things drivers do?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Erhh, so why didn't he win everything?

I was specifically referring to Brazil.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

No one gives a poo poo about 'fast', they're excited because he offers more wheel-to-wheel action than anyone else on the grid at the moment. Literally empirically the case, too, he has more overtakes than anyone.

He has a faster car, the dude is not three loving seconds faster than people in comparable machinery, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

I was specifically referring to Brazil.

So why didn't he win Brazil :)?

• Locked thread