Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

i wanna see if i can put the smoking girl gif in there bc the blue background matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

fresno is a humanitarian crisis with a civic motto

"help me"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"welp..."

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
If the DNC establishment want to take down Ellison they needs to bring out the real dirt- what was Keith's grade in meat class?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it's really cool how the democratic party can have the answers to their problems screamed at their faces and yet they still insist on setting stupid high standards such as 'forgetting to pay parking tickets' and tearing down and finding flaws and destroying the people who are the only real answer to beating Donald trump.

Democrats, your prefect candidate was defeated by a racist rapist fascist climate change denier who is a servant of russia, for gently caress's sakes lower your standards and allow the people who know how to beat monsters like him stop pretending that politics is a little league game of perfection and perfect people anymore.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my dad partially grew up in fresno and so lionized his boyhood that i've been dragged there multiple times to have him point at a collapsing trackhouse and then realize he doesn't remember if that's the collapsing trackhouse he meant in a sea of collapsing trackhouses

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its ok though, he's locked away safe where he can't hurt anybody anymore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

connecticut

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First Black Muslim Man Elected to Congress Had Unpaid Traffic Tickets, Rich California Dem Operative Says "Keith Will Never Lead DNC"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

it's really cool how the democratic party can have the answers to their problems screamed at their faces and yet they still insist on setting stupid high standards such as 'forgetting to pay parking tickets' and tearing down and finding flaws and destroying the people who are the only real answer to beating Donald trump.

Democrats, your prefect candidate was defeated by a racist rapist fascist climate change denier who is a servant of russia, for gently caress's sakes lower your standards and allow the people who know how to beat monsters like him stop pretending that politics is a little league game of perfection and perfect people anymore.

It's not even about their standards being too high, since as I pointed out earlier Barack Obama also had unpaid parking tickets

They just selectively decide to care about this poo poo when it suits their purposes, because they will say whatever they have to to justify their opinion

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

My Driver assures me I have never had any traffic nor parking violations, as it would be too uncouth to even contemplate.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

tower time posted:

My Driver assures me I have never had any traffic nor parking violations, as it would be too uncouth to even contemplate.

MOOOOK!!! :bahgawd:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Whew guys, we had it all wrong. Egg on our faces.

https://twitter.com/ComplexPop/status/811605730532978688

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Ellison is just trying to maneuver into a position of power so he can get rid of all traffic laws, the loving anarchist.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Technically a true statement

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
name change to 'delusional girl persona' :twisted:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

GlyphGryph posted:

Now you have to predict this person fails, please

Well I don't know if Romney would actually run as a Dem, probably not, they'll try to run someone really similar to him in the primary though, and whoever that is will have a lot of support from incumbents in the tech/finance wing.

I wouldn't be surprised if DNC turn on Ellison before the DNC election either, Im sure there's a strong argument being made in backrooms right now that voters won't care by 2020 and that Ellison is dangerous to current incumbents ability to siphon money from corporate interests. Perez is being touted as a progressive and an Obama guy as a way to siphon that blow if they do run with him.

If Ellison doesn't win DNC chair the dems will lose in 2020, but I already toxxed that earlier in this thread.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al-Saqr posted:

It has nothing to do with anything Ellison has done or being a Muslim or w.e. It's because Ellison representa the progressive wing of the Dem party and has ideas very similar to Bernard Sanders.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's entirely a who run barter town thing

I keep saying this and it's still true

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thoguh posted:

Imagine if a black or latina working class woman said she wished she could have an abortion lol

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Now I am as forward thinking as anyone here, but I have heard such thing about this... this... MINNESOTAN as you never would believe. Why I was at the disabled Tibetan roach dog benefit on 9th street and such things as were said about his driving habits - I fear I cannot repeat such colorful anecdotes in mixed company.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Imagine if a black or latina working class woman said she wished she could have an abortion lol

in that case the reason she said this would be that she is currently pregnant with an unwanted child and has no access to abortion clinics

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

loquacius posted:

Ya kinda, in the past it's usually been multiple candidates with similar ideologies and diff techniques though.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ace of Baes posted:

It has nothing to do with anything Ellison has done or being a Muslim or w.e. It's because Ellison representa the progressive wing of the Dem party and has ideas very similar to Bernard Sanders.

I know that's exactly my point, Bernie sanders and Keith Ellison strategies are the ONLY WAY you'll actively disintegrate the support Trumpism has and destroy the coming wave of corporate fascism in america, and it's so funny that the democratic establishment are so stupid and pigheaded that they absolutely refuse to learn even when their god-queen was destroyed by the single worst person america can muster.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

that depends, did she say it on twitter

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Who is Tina Turner and who is Master Blaster in this scenario?

I'm assuming Ellison is Max. And Bernie is that weird pilot dude.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

I know that's exactly my point, Bernie sanders and Keith Ellison strategies are the ONLY WAY you'll actively disintegrate and destroy the coming wave of corporate fascism in america, and it's so funny that the democratic establishment are so stupid and pigheaded that they absolutely refuse to learn even when their god-queen was destroyed by the single worst person america can muster.

there's a fire starting in my house, but i get a pretty sweet insurance payout if i let it burn to the ground

what's this, my keys are in my hand, i'm leaving the house in an orderly manner and starting my car and driving off, and i just can't seem to remember the number to 911, gosh

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

I know that's exactly my point, Bernie sanders and Keith Ellison strategies are the ONLY WAY you'll actively disintegrate the support Trumpism has and destroy the coming wave of corporate fascism in america, and it's so funny that the democratic establishment are so stupid and pigheaded that they absolutely refuse to learn even when their god-queen was destroyed by the single worst person america can muster.

are they stupid and pigheaded or are they content to grow fat off their corporate sponsors and do nothing to change things because they don't actually want that change?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And Trump is Lord Humongous.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

If the DNC establishment want to take down Ellison they needs to bring out the real dirt- what was Keith's grade in meat class?

Moosleman Keith Ellison was a vegan for six months 20 years ago!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Thoguh posted:

And Trump is Lord Humongous.

trump is obviously immortan joe smdh

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Al-Saqr posted:

I've generally found that assuming idiocy is generally unsafe. They may be idiots, but idiocy is often embraced because it serves people's interests, not something that is inescapable or thrust upon them.

hosed up priorities is a lot more likely than idiocy.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

...:what:

i'm stunned at this

completely stunned

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Thoguh posted:

Lena Dunham, feminist, literally just excused the dumb thing she said with "lol, i'm just a dumb girl"

:cripes:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Who is Tina Turner and who is Master Blaster in this scenario?

I'm assuming Ellison is Max. And Bernie is that weird pilot dude.

It's not a perfect analogy for the scene, it'd require Tina Turner (Obama camp) to be worried about Master Blaster (Sanders wing)'s threat to her rule and call him up on the PA to threaten him

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zikan posted:

trump is obviously immortan joe smdh

I was sticking with Mel Gibson's Max for this fanfiction, but that could work.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

gonna lol when Ellison gets elected DNC chair and the Dems still get murdered in 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In this continued Beyond Thunderdome analogy pig poo poo represents votes

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

gonna lol when Ellison gets elected DNC chair and the Dems still get murdered in 2018

probably, since i think you need more than 2 years to undo 8+ years of neglect.

Then again Hillary was predicted to win the election so v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

There are a lot of independent voters, and you have to really run an election that's fighting for every voter and every community. You have to be in rural areas. Some Democrats think you just need urban voters. That doesn't work in Michigan.

'nuff said

• Locked thread