Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Beasteh posted:

Those games are bleeding players because they refuse to stop gating content behind obnoxious paywalls

There is zero content gated by paywalls here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Attestant posted:

I landed a 1/11, which was an item I already had, Bartzcalibur. :v:

I am almost ready to :shepspends: at this thing.

Do it
\

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

please no

:negative:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
To play devil's advocate on FFV 1, the functionality of most of the relics there can be found elsewhere:

-If you're hunting for a non-elemental OSB or a Runic, OSBfest 3 offers Vaan's OSB and Celescalibur (it also has Bartz's Cloak if you really want that). Vaan's will be weaker than Gilgamesh's (13x vs 13.2x), but it's on a character that brings more support, and if you get a Pentabreak it beats Greg's (14x power). Indomitable Blade and Grand Cross are functionally identical, so it's really a matter of if you prefer Celes or Exdeath.
-Papalymo's BSB (XIV 2) beats Krile's hands down, as it's basically a Fire version of Maria's.
-Steiner's SSB (OSBfest 1) has an Imperil-Fire. Galuf's is a better SB, but OSBfest 1 is pretty stacked. They both get similar moves to abuse (Fires Within vs. Fire Twinstrike).
-If you're Faithga-hunting, two options in Braska's (OSBfest 2) or Papalymo's (XIV 1). If you have your own Hastega (or RWing Vessel of Fate), these two are either superior due to carrying Shortcast, or because Braska's a better character.
-Chasing Dorgann's Blade for ATK/MAG? OSBfest 5 has no less than three of them (Onion Knight, Tellah, Gordon).

Of course that doesn't mean that FFV 1 doesn't have its own place, but if you're hunting for a specific relic, you can do equal or better elsewhere, and the only unique thing that it's packing is Galuf's invulnerability and Bartz's +50% DEF.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

ApplesandOranges posted:

To play devil's advocate on FFV 1, the functionality of most of the relics there can be found elsewhere:

-If you're hunting for a non-elemental OSB or a Runic, OSBfest 3 offers Vaan's OSB and Celescalibur (it also has Bartz's Cloak if you really want that). Vaan's will be weaker than Gilgamesh's (13x vs 13.2x), but it's on a character that brings more support, and if you get a Pentabreak it beats Greg's (14x power). Indomitable Blade and Grand Cross are functionally identical, so it's really a matter of if you prefer Celes or Exdeath.
-Papalymo's BSB (XIV 2) beats Krile's hands down, as it's basically a Fire version of Maria's.
-Steiner's SSB (OSBfest 1) has an Imperil-Fire. Galuf's is a better SB, but OSBfest 1 is pretty stacked. They both get similar moves to abuse (Fires Within vs. Fire Twinstrike).
-If you're Faithga-hunting, two options in Braska's (OSBfest 2) or Papalymo's (XIV 1). If you have your own Hastega (or RWing Vessel of Fate), these two are either superior due to carrying Shortcast, or because Braska's a better character.
-Chasing Dorgann's Blade for ATK/MAG? OSBfest 5 has no less than three of them (Onion Knight, Tellah, Gordon).

Of course that doesn't mean that FFV 1 doesn't have its own place, but if you're hunting for a specific relic, you can do equal or better elsewhere, and the only unique thing that it's packing is Galuf's invulnerability and Bartz's +50% DEF.

Yeah, there's deffo no real chase relic here, except maybe Galuf BSB. But it has really good overall quality, and is a pretty darn good source for FFV synergy or Cid's Mission gear.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This should be a gangtag for the lunar whales itt

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The V banners are for sure not bad, in fact even in these days when there aren't really any more bad banners these still have a solid spread of stuff (they both beat Fest Banner 4 that's for sure) I'm still glad I fixed my V synergy back in September on the Greg 1 banner. I honestly think that banner had a tighter spread of things I wanted and in addition to not having to fret about spending Mythril here and now when the seasonal and XIV are both so close, I've had it taken care of for months so, you know, that's nice too.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything by skipping the two FFV gil dungeons, right? Just some gil?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be rolling on this banner if I wasn't already well-sorted for physical synergy on 5, including two BSBs (Bartz and Faris). It's at least as good as the worst OSBfest banners, so it's totally better if you really need 5 synergy or like the 5 cast.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything by skipping the two FFV gil dungeons, right? Just some gil?
That and prestige. :v: They're technically better for grinding gil than dailies, which matters given how long the event lasts. But considering that OSBfest is on the horizon, and that grinding for gil is usually worthless on its own, I'm surprised that the rewards aren't better.

I'm still going to finish them for the above reason (Drawtaliate will block all the counters), but you can safely skip them if you like.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ApplesandOranges posted:

The D200 ones, yeah. D250 ones don't have any.

But Torment dungeons aren't time-limited, right? They're like Nightmares in that they come back for a set time period every month?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Holy gently caress, managed to champion Apocalypse Greg thanks to a word of kindness Arc and the RNG being merciful with zantetsuken. Though he did get one off and managed to KO my Greg just as he was about to fire off his burst for the killing shot, my stolen goon honor etc etc.

Arc's super is definitely on my list, I have Rosa for Medical+Mblink so having a Medica+Blink as well would rule.

And because I am unable to make my own decisions, should I make a copy of Lifebane to shatter so I can make Meltdown? I'm assuming that's a no brained but I don't want to chance it on 6* stuff.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Adel posted:

And because I am unable to make my own decisions, should I make a copy of Lifebane to shatter so I can make Meltdown? I'm assuming that's a no brained but I don't want to chance it on 6* stuff.
Probably? I recall people doing similar things in JP, but just make sure that you still have at least one spare copy of it for those times when you turbocharge a monk like Zell.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I did a whale

:black101:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 21, 2016

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

So the way to beat gogo is to not attack him for 5 rounds right?

Edit: oh just one full round of defending will do it

Combo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 21, 2016

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Why would you combine those?? :stare:

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

acumen posted:

Why wouldn't you??

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

acumen posted:

Because Spears are a relatively uncommon equipment type and he's already got a number of other strong FFV melee weapons?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
how else would he have gotten a 307 base synergy attack weapon?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I can kit a 5 man team with 5* swords and axes already, in FFV. That's why.

This thing has 205 attack with no synergy.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Combo posted:

So the way to beat gogo is to not attack him for 5 rounds right?

He'll say say something after you wait long enough and then you can attack him.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

AweStriker posted:

Because Spears are a relatively uncommon equipment type

Actually, they're the second most common physical weapon type after normal swords, both in number of relics and in number of characters who can equip them.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The OSB itself is sadly kinda lackluster. I took it for a spin vs. Apocagreg, and the best I could muster was 40k damage. It's not bad, but it's certainly not amazing either.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Zurai posted:

Actually, they're the second most common physical weapon type after normal swords, both in number of relics and in number of characters who can equip them.

Huh. Well, I've never managed to get one so I guess there's the skew. Most of the non-sword physical relics I get are fists.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Zurai posted:

*3rd most (counting daggers)

That is weird though, I would have thought fists were more common

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I made a thing.

Go nuts, you animals.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I think they feel uncommon, because we haven't had too many spears worth chasing? Less pulls overall on Spear-heavy banners.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm sure this has been asked before but do we have an official goon MP ID channel yet?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Thundercracker posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before but do we have an official goon MP ID channel yet?

Didn't we decide 4666 for GOON?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Does anyone have the song for the gilgamesh fight? I know it's a remix of battle on the big bridge but I don't think it's the usual chorus one.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Does anyone have the song for the gilgamesh fight? I know it's a remix of battle on the big bridge but I don't think it's the usual chorus one.
Check out either of the music links here, since they're the same track.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Attestant's mighty spear inspired me.

After drawing ONLY a Thor Hammer on the Buff Lucky Draw, I think the game is trying to tell me that Galuf needs to forgo the delicate approach.
(Sheepsong is an upgrade over Edward and I already had Bartz's BSB, so if I could just draw his enWind already...)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Finally got around to downing the Ultimate Spider thing in the FF7 event. It actually felt a bit anti-climactic, given how much frustration people here were initially expressing over the AoE Stop. It fell off my healer almost immediately both times he cast it, and the first time he threw it out, it missed Cid who was airborne at the time. Didn't last too long on the rest of my characters, either, though I'm guessing that's probably because of the +MND from Protector's Roar.

How bad are the next two Ultimates for that event?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Gackt is fine if you bring physical mitigation, just be ready to react to him randomly interrupting people and throwing out painful scorchers

Gold Bahamut is trivial if you stack instant KO resist and magic mitigation

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

How bad are the next two Ultimates for that event?

nothing outrageous, just bring some gravity resist for bahamut

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

U-DO Burger posted:

This should be a gangtag for the lunar whales itt

That implies there's anyone itt that is even close to being a whale. People talking about doing every dollar pull or how they burned $100 on a specific banner that one time? Not a whale, not even close.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

That implies there's anyone itt that is even close to being a whale. People talking about doing every dollar pull or how they burned $100 on a specific banner that one time? Not a whale, not even close.

I think we've got a few that routinely drop hundos, or at least hinted they did in the past - Orb of Zot comes to mind, but I can't think of any other immediate examples.

No, if you want the lunar whales, you go to the FFBE thread or, worse yet, the PAD thread. :retrogames:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

I think we've got a few that routinely drop hundos, or at least hinted they did in the past - Orb of Zot comes to mind, but I can't think of any other immediate examples.

No, if you want the lunar whales, you go to the FFBE thread or, worse yet, the PAD thread. :retrogames:

Yeah I still remember when I was in the BE thread and some guy just popped up saying he'd dropped like ninety or a hundred dollars and hadn't gotten what he wanted, then popped back up ten minutes later saying he dropped another ninety and still hadn't gotten what he wanted. Just loving surreal.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Regale me with some whale tales. How deep does this rabbit hole go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
IIRC Sapphire MVP tier is like $10k or so? Some people will happily drop hundreds of dollars on every banner.

• Locked thread