Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
lime is great because you can put lime into dr. pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
diet dr pepper is really good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm so pleased by how many people are getting upset that Tracer is gay.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

quote:

This guy actually had a valid point. Don't change a character to being gay/straight/bi just to appease a crowd of people. I mean if you want to make a character that later realizes he/she is gay or bi, set the story up in advance. That way people are aware of the conflicted mind of the character, and are more open to accepting a change like that.

This one I think has less to do with homophobia, and more to do with people being immersed in a story. Marvel did it to Iceman, even though he's been a notorious for having various girlfriends, and never once had any inkling towards being gay. I think in the 40+ years he's been around there would have been SOME hint. The newest Fantastic Four did it when they made Johnny and Sue storm adopted brother and sister. Some people just like their story as it is and don't like these spontaneous changes. It happens though, unfortunately.

quote:

You make a few good points Ryan, and you are definitely on point with the multiverse issue. The problem I am referring to is spontaneously making a character (_______) fill in the blank, is always done because of an agenda, or because someone's feelings were hurt, or someone's opinion is louder than others. The reason this is a problem is because it devalues the very goal of the lgbt community. You want to be recognized? Then have someone recognize you from the start instead of changing things to make you fit. You wouldn't cut the edges off a puzzle piece and jam it where it doesn't belong would you?

*disclaimer* that is NOT me saying gay people do not belong, that is me saying that making a piece fit doesn't always show the real picture. That picture should resemble something like all people are equal. Not a miss matched bunch of images that were forced into play for various reasons.

It may not be about money either though Ryan. It may be saving face, inclusion, oversight. Some of these are obviously more forgivable than others, like if Blizzard "forgot" to put a gay character in a game, and rewrote a story to add one, then cool, inclusion.

Oversight is probably the worst, new manager comes in with an agenda and messes up a story arc because they have the power to do so.

I just think when it's not natural, and wasn't a part of the initial process, it feels forced, and that does the movement little to no service.

Oh, and so there is no confusion, being gay is a very natural thing, which is why I'm against the very unnatural way it's forced into some mediums. Someone who's gay wouldn't just one day be like "I'm gay come kiss me boys/girls". That shows a very distinct lack of awareness and a lack of respect. Take from this what you will.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

diet dr pepper is really good

diet dr. pepper is one of the few drinkable diet sodas

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poison Mushroom posted:

it's pretty funny

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
overwatch's story was loving poo poo anyway i just wanna shoot fools

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Poison Mushroom posted:

If it wasn't for the mouse, Blizzards gift of salty manchild tears would be my favourite present this year.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i heard tracer gay this outrages me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

honestly this latest episode of yuri on ice was bullshit

I want to check that anime out not gonna lie

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not caught up but it's real real good

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My favorite anime is Dexter.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I didn't really think the deus ex canon was in need of a gay character but I'm glad it's Tracer Tong.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've had key lime pie, I've had lemon meringue pie, has anyone ever done an orange pie?

(oh right search engines exist)

gently caress I totally want to make an orange meringue pie now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't really think the deus ex canon was in need of a gay character but I'm glad it's Tracer Tong.

Agreed.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

First Tracer's butt and now her presumed love of men? Why must they take away everything I like about her!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

First Tracer's butt and now her presumed love of men? Why must they take away everything I like about her!

Hahahaha

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Happy birthday MMT!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Happy birthday MMT!

:toot:

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Happy bday MMT

Also if you haven't received a secret santa gift yet, do not worry I am sending it today.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIYnGPuWORQ

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

NC is gonna repeal the bathroom bill today. Woo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

:toot:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

imgay posted:

i heard tracer gay this outrages me

tracer gay so what

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
woulda been better if it was mccree

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

It's funny that anyone cares at all about these nothing characters

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

It's funny that anyone cares at all about these nothing characters

:agreed:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

i don't think it's as good as it's been hyped to be, but if you want a lowkey figureskating drama with some nice soft boys, it is definitely that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently watching Mob Psycho 100 at MY GIRLFRIEND's request and then will be trying to finish jojos but after that I may be. At least it's not Keijo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

Happy birthday MMT!

Mr. F! posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for this :j:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I'm currently watching Mob Psycho 100 at MY GIRLFRIEND's request and then will be trying to finish jojos but after that I may be. At least it's not Keijo
Mob is good. Hold out past the kind comedy-plot-a-day first half, it really does get better.

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and take credit for this :j:
Thanks, MMT! :toot:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My favorite anime is For a Few Dollars More.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My favorite anime is the SA mafia discussion thread.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

My favorite anime is For a Few Dollars More.

The good the bad and the ugly is better

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
my favorite anime is busb

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

I really like mob psycho 100. It's a little simple but it does cool things with the narrative in the vein of One Punch Man. mob is a nice potato.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My favorite anime is the friends we made along the way

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

My favorite anime is the friends we made along the way

Everyone draw out your Cards Against Humanity decks, pull a white card, and tell me how this ends:

My favorite anime is ________.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
all anime is equally good.

good for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Krunge posted:

Everyone draw out your Cards Against Humanity decks, pull a white card, and tell me how this ends:

My favorite anime is ________.

a bigger, blacker anne frank lol lol lol