Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

hobbesmaster posted:

Neither of the prime contractors put in a corrosion protection system because they thought it was the responsibility of the others.

Extend that to every system on the ship including two complete propulsion systems.

That and for the job they're tasked to handle they are woefully under classed for. One of the officers involved stated that they are only good enough to deploy against smaller fast craft with no anti ship missiles.
I mean in a way they're the equivalent of having an Iowa class battleship sailing around today. You'd have to have tons of manpower and equipment stationed around it to protect it while it serves no real purpose but dickwaving for the navy. Of course the battleships pack enough armament to do something more than float and take on small unarmed boats. So yeah, funny as it sounds, some 70 year old ship can do a better job than a new sleek super ship.

Kind of ironic though that the military cancelled a few of these things because Lockheed and General Dynamics had huge cost overruns while continuing to fund the f-35 train wreck

Oh, and let's not forget that these few ships we actually have haven't passed the 30 day requirement for something not to go wrong with critical systems...and that the Pentagon says that is an unrealistic goal for them...so yeah, these things are expensive floating turds. And that if one of these turds was ever engaged and seriously hit, it was not expected to continue operations...so these things are useless in any combat where it doesn't have the odds stacked well in its favor.
If the navy wants super sleek boats to go swim around with, build another sub and get these few boondoggles the gently caress over to the mothball

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...What's wrong with the Literal Combat Ship?

The hypothetical combat ship was a lot cheaper to run and the rhetorical combat ship made us rethink the need for any of them in the first place.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From AfD Hits Out at Merkel after Christmas Market Attack: ‘These Are Your Dead’ posted by freeper aquila48

AfD, in case you have forgotten, is the current right-wing populist nationalist party in Germany.

Oh by the way, this is a Breitbart article and headline, just in case you need reminding that they're loving neo-Nazi sympathizers.

quote:

To: Gene Eric

The sow should be executed.

6 posted on 12/20/2016, 12:50:07 PM by pallmallman

quote:

To: pallmallman

Too bad Merkel wasn’t at the Market.

8 posted on 12/20/2016, 12:50:33 PM by dfwgator

Freeper Paulie somehow makes Margaret Thatcher an attractive option again.

quote:

To: aquila48

If Merkel gave a rat’s @$$, she wouldn’t have allowed the invasion in the first place.

Germany, and just about all of Europe, needs a Donald J. Trump clone. Or the great Margaret Thatcher.

Remove AM now, or it will be too late.

10 posted on 12/20/2016, 12:53:01 PM by Paulie (America without Christ is like a Chemistry book without the periodic table.)

Re: assassination

quote:

Is there not a single brave man in Germany?

14 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:10:43 PM by heights

quote:

Time to reap the whirlwind. All things are coming into focus - Trump and Putin are going to eradicate ISIS/Al Qaeda from the “face of the earth” to quote Putin.

15 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:11:08 PM by quantumman

Yes, because trying hard not to fan the flames of anti-migrant sentiment is clearly a cover-up.

quote:

The German government , and police will cover this up just like they tried to cover the hundreds of rapes which occurred at News Year.

21 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:30:10 PM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

Why yes, that was indeed a link to Rapture Ready Dot Com.

quote:

Merkel is probably running for Secretary General of the NWO in the long term (making her probably #2 to the Anti Christ himself) or to the UN in a shorter term. She is certainly a high roller in the Bilderberg Group.

RAPTURE READY?

24 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:43:37 PM by ExSoldier ("Terrorists: They hate you yesterday, today, and tomorrow. End it, no more tomorrows for them!)

quote:

To: CivilWarBrewing

Merkel works for George Soros, the arsonist. If he asked to burn Germany to the ground, she would do it without hesitation.

26 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:45:43 PM by Trumpisourlastchance

One of the few posts in the thread that aren't about how it's important that Merkel is either voted out or assassinated.

quote:

Europe and Germany are simply preludes to what’s in store for those of us here in “The Great Satan”.

I just posted the following message to Bolling’s FB page. After the folks who moderate his page read it, it will most probably be “spiked”. For that reason, I share it here as the threat we face grows daily. My question about that muslim threat is a simple one: How many more of us must die before we “GET” that ALL ISLAM is the problem and will never abate until they change — or WE change them!

Eric,
I just listened to your A block discussion on islam. Here’s what you are either missing or are constrained from saying on the subject. Even Dr. Gorka, for whom I have great respect, is missing this critical point.

As several authors have correctly observed, the “MODERATE MUSLIMS ARE IRRELEVANT” as they fail – or are terrified – to condemn the murderous radicals. And if the radicals succeed in their quest to dominate the world with their “caliphate”, these so called moderates – who profess to embrace the words of the Koran and the verses calling for the murder of the infidel wherever he is found – would quickly swing in behind the crazies to avail themselves of the worldly fruits of their victory.

All of which has caused me – and others who have not been cowed by political correctness into a cowardly and, eventually, deadly silence – to offer that there IS NO RADICAL ISLAM: THERE IS JUST ISLAM and history teaches that ALL of its adherents pose a threat to those who are not.

53 posted on 12/20/2016, 4:17:08 PM by Dick Bachert (THE 4TH STATE HERE HAS BECOME A 5TH COLUMN. TREASON TRIALS COMING?)

But I'll end this one on what is the most horrifying post I have read on freep in ages.

quote:

Put Merkel in a Burqa with hands tied behind her back, then force her at gunpoint to apologize to the German people on national television.

Then, set her loose in a pen full of hogs that haven't eaten for days.

Watch her feel the pain she has inflicted on German families as the hogs chew on her ample belly fat. Public admission is FREE!!

25 posted on 12/20/2016, 1:43:40 PM by CivilWarBrewing (Females DESTROYED America.)

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Apparently Ramsay Snow is alive and well and posting on Freep (re: the pig cannibalism thing)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McGlockenshire posted:

But I'll end this one on what is the most horrifying post I have read on freep in ages.

Aunt on Facebook Casually Advocates War Crime

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From 'There Can Be Only One Response': Putin Reacts to Assassination of Russian Ambassador posted by freeper Kaslin

Puty Puty Putt Putt posted:

"A crime has been committed and it was without doubt a provocation aimed at spoiling the normalization of Russo-Turkish relations and spoiling the Syrian peace process which is being actively pushed by Russia, Turkey, Iran and others," said a stern-faced Putin.

"There can only be one response - stepping up the fight against terrorism. The bandits will feel this happening."

quote:

To: Mr. Douglas

The only sane way to deal with war is disproportionate response.

“Half rear end” and “quagmire” go hand in hand.

7 posted on 12/20/2016, 7:49:51 AM by Rurudyne (Standup Philosopher)

quote:

To: mazda77

I was listening to a lengthy story on Syria on NPR by a Boston affiliate last night. They were appalled at how the world doesn’t seem to care about the brutality going on. Interestingly, when people called in, the consensus seemed to be along the lines of “not our circus. Not our monkeys.”

A few of them pointed out that Assad is fighting Islam and more power to him.

I’ve always thought the phrase “moderate rebals” is an oxymoron. Moderates don’t rebel.

10 posted on 12/20/2016, 7:51:03 AM by Mr. Douglas (Today is your life. What are you going to do with it?)

Freep opinions: America hasn't been great since we found Saddam Hussein. MAGA.

quote:

To: Rurudyne

I think you’ve touched on why a lot of conservative americans have an odd respect for Putin. At least he seems to go in to win. We have not had that since they pulled Saddam out of that hole. And even that victory was thrown away.

12 posted on 12/20/2016, 7:52:50 AM by Mr. Douglas (Today is your life. What are you going to do with it?)

Freep opinions: Yes, of course it's fine to go after the family of terrorists, what are you talking about?

quote:

To: Kaslin

I wonder if the assassin’s family is in protective custody? If not the may be in for a world of hurt.

20 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:06:41 AM by rfreedom4u (The root word of vigilante is vigilant!)

Well, at least the first half is correct.

quote:

They are going to blame this on NATO and the Syrian resistance group headed up by that guy living in Pennsylvania. (Weather or not that is true is not relevant to the position they may take, as far as they are concerned it is true). By the end of the week we will be accused of harboring this guy like Pakistan did with Bin Laden. President Dumbo should not make open ended threats like the one he did last week, because anything that happens (like your random assassination) can now plausibly be blamed on us. Try to prove you didn’t do something. We have an idiot for president. the seeds of WWIII have just been planed and he is on a 2 week golfing vacation in Hawaii.

21 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:09:03 AM by calljack (Sometimes your worst nightmare is just a start.)

As far as I can tell, there are currently no Russian military forces assisting in the siege of Mosul.

quote:

To: rfreedom4u

ISIS has fallen back to Mosul. Look for intense bombings of Mosul. Putin will level the town.

22 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:10:26 AM by Kozy (new age haruspex)

Jesus loving christ, these people

quote:

I totally agree. I don’t like Putin and I don’t trust him. But one has to acknowledge that he will defend his country. Something Obama would never do in a million lifetimes.

23 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:11:32 AM by Nevadan

quote:

Russia and Putin are pretty much alone as the prime effective opposition to terrorist Islam on the planet, yet they are winning.

Remarkable.

25 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:12:13 AM by Navy Patriot (America, a Rule of Mob nation)

Freep opinions: Whatever! I can do what I want!

quote:

I agree. At least with Putin, you get the feeling that the “international community” can go pound sand because he is looking out Russian interests— which should be his job! Russias interests are not necessarily congruent with America’s. After watching the Obama apology tours, several European nations commit suicide, and an increasingly demanding global governance movement, taking care of number one seems to be long overdue. I think that is what many are hoping for with Trump.

27 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:15:05 AM by philled (If this creature is not stopped it could make its way to Novosibirsk!)

Freep opinions: GOD WILL FIX IT

quote:

Revelation says things will get hotter in Syria, too. Then it says the world will be astonished when Russia blatantly tries to invade Israel “to take a spoil” ...and gets a big, supernatural surprise.

31 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:17:33 AM by freepertoo

There are zero replies to this.

quote:

Why is Russia playing nice to Erdogan and Turkey? Erdogan armed, trained and gives sanctuary to ISIS. Under Erdogan Turkey has gone from a secular state to an Islamic state. Turkey is no friend to the West, in fact, I think Erdogan is trying to resemble the Ottoman Empire which would be very bad news for Russia.

54 posted on 12/20/2016, 8:44:08 AM by jpsb (Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied. Otto von Bismark)

Freep opinions: The brutal slaughter of civilians in Allepo is perfectly justified because they are all always terrorists

quote:

CNN works day and night to convince stupid people that the crying women and children posting vids on Twitter are NOT the wives and children of ISIS vermin.

81 posted on 12/20/2016, 10:16:33 AM by montag813

Freep opinions: You are like a little baby. Watch this.

quote:

To: ptsal

“Start leveling major gathering sites on Friday.”

Here’s a good strategy: kill a few of the terrorists - just assassinate them via sniper or bomb.

Then comes the funeral, complete with hundreds or thousands of attendees, all of whom sympathize (and many of whom are fellow terrorists).

Drop a fuel-air explosive on the funeral(s). That’ll learn ‘em.

82 posted on 12/20/2016, 10:20:57 AM by Ancesthntr ("The right to buy weapons the right to be free." A. E. van Vogt)

There's another page, but I think I'm done with freep today.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

From AfD Hits Out at Merkel after Christmas Market Attack: ‘These Are Your Dead’ posted by freeper aquila48

AfD, in case you have forgotten, is the current right-wing populist nationalist party in Germany.

My question is, if doing things that terrorists attack you for is showing them you're not intimidated, shouldn't that mean they should take more refugees?

quote:

Yeah, cause it sure ended things in Israel and Iraq.

quote:

To: Rurudyne

I think you’ve touched on why a lot of conservative americans have an odd respect for Putin. At least he seems to go in to win. We have not had that since they pulled Saddam out of that hole. And even that victory was thrown away.

12 posted on 12/20/2016, 7:52:50 AM by Mr. Douglas (Today is your life. What are you going to do with it?)

*casually ignores the Osama Bin Laden capture*

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 21, 2016

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BarbarianElephant posted:

Apparently Ramsay Snow is alive and well and posting on Freep (re: the pig cannibalism thing)

Surely that's Mason Verger.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Preview of the next four years

quote:

Good God DON'T ANY OF YOU GET IT YET?

President Trump is a f*cking genius, the most media-savvy tycoon of a generation.

He used #unpresidented as distraction - and sure enough, he had spelled it correctly every other time.

He used the cover to appoint another conservative cabinet member.

Most real genius like to mix it up - so now he's using a brief convo with Gingrich to beard another chess move. It also gives GNewt some face time on cable.

C'mon you all, keep up or you're going to get left behind...we are prosecuting the win and driving up the points.

52 posted on 12/21/2016, 12:41:10 PM by StAnDeliver (Protocol: "President Trump"; subsequent references "The President" or "Pres. Trump". NO "POTUS")

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Smeep posted:

I scream constantly as I slowly turn into a corncob.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nah, at some point they'll turn on him, just wait and watch. It's all they know how to do.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Smeep posted:

People like this I can only imagine spend their time beating off to an image of whatever Republican superstar is popular at any given point and has a sex doll dressed like Reagan laying in his bed

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Cactus posted:

Nah, at some point they'll turn on him, just wait and watch. It's all they know how to do.

I doubt it. These people will be buried in their MAGA hats and will die from a preventable illness that Obamacare could have saved them from blaming liberals for everything.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Smeep posted:

You would think after 8 years of 9D chess analysis by liberals regarding Obama's actions they would know better. Of course if they were that cognizant they would have saw through Trump on day one.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Freep is neck deep in the Cult of Trump so all of his failures will either be blamed on the (((Globalists))) or tried to play off as some brilliant 68th dimensional chess move.

[DC] Metro’s special inauguration SmarTrip cards won’t feature Trump

And for today's outrageously outrageous outrage we have...

quote:

To: COBOL2Java

.... OK .... I’m not saying this is discrimination .... But this is definitely discrimination ....

2 posted on 12/21/2016 4:21:11 PM PST by R_Kangel ( "A Nation of Sheep ..... Will Beget ..... a Nation Ruled by Wolves.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Can Congress put up a poison pill...either order them to show Trump’s face or strip them of funding?

3 posted on 12/21/2016 4:22:39 PM PST by SouthernerFromTheNorth

quote:

Pettiness and spite: Washington, DC values.

4 posted on 12/21/2016 4:23:49 PM PST by Slings and Arrows (My music: http://hopalongginsberg.com/ | Facebook: Hopalong Ginsberg)

This is... good?

quote:

The 2017 card looks much, much better than the 2013 card.

7 posted on 12/21/2016 4:31:45 PM PST by Crucial

quote:

Good. It’s not about Trump. It’s about the USA. It’s about every person doing their part to MAGA.

8 posted on 12/21/2016 4:32:12 PM PST by petitfour (Americans need to repent.)

Nah.

quote:

To: petitfour

Good. It’s not about Trump. It’s about the USA. It’s about every person doing their part to MAGA.

OK, so that's one vote for "it's not about liberal pettiness and spite". Thanks for voting.

11 posted on 12/21/2016 4:34:07 PM PST by COBOL2Java (1 Tim 2:1-3)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

The Washingtonian must be a crybaby outfit.

12 posted on 12/21/2016 4:34:24 PM PST by Rastus (#NeverHillary #AlwaysTrump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Looks like it’s back to the Bush bashing scenarios again.

17 posted on 12/21/2016 4:38:07 PM PST by SkyDancer (Abition Without Talent Is Sad, Talent Without Ambition Is Worse)

quote:

Drain the swamp. Destroy the swamp creatures.

20 posted on 12/21/2016 4:39:21 PM PST by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)

quote:

To: R_Kangel

Uhh, actually it is because Obumbi is a NEGRO that his smiling, doofus face was on the cards. It is not racism, it is fact.
The fact that President-elect Trump is not on the card is because he is a white business man that defeated an old hag that was supposed to win the 270 Electoral votes to make her p_residentess. SOUR GRAPES, bitter to swallow but is seems the lefties are really enjoying it. Best Election, EVER!

21 posted on 12/21/2016 4:39:21 PM PST by BatGuano (You don't think I'd go into combat with loose change in my pocket, do ya?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

If the administrative floaters of the septic tank city of the United States don’t want to behave like Americans, then they don’t really deserve three electors.

24 posted on 12/21/2016 4:40:09 PM PST by Carl Vehse

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Remember Texas?

California secession organizers say they've opened an embassy -- in Moscow

These people won and they're still bemoaning how they are being forced to start a civil war and kill all liberals.

:ussr:

:iceburn:

Covok
May 27, 2013

I like to imagine that the day calexit goes through, that massive earthquake happens and literally separates California from the rest of America. Thus, making it more than symbolic and probably making a few people go "okay, God clearly wants this."

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

.... OK .... I’m not saying this is discrimination .... But this is definitely discrimination ....

2 posted on 12/21/2016 4:21:11 PM PST by R_Kangel ( "A Nation of Sheep ..... Will Beget ..... a Nation Ruled by Wolves.")

Against what? Old fat white guys?

MeLKoR posted:

Remember Texas?

California secession organizers say they've opened an embassy -- in Moscow

These people won and they're still bemoaning how they are being forced to start a civil war and kill all liberals.

:ussr:

:iceburn:

Lol, those comments after 8 years of demanding secession for their home states.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 22, 2016

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Lol, those comments after 8 years of demanding secession for their home states.

The only moral secession is my secession.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Dissent is treason patriotism treason.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

McGlockenshire posted:

Well, at least the first half is correct.

quote:

We have an idiot for president. the seeds of WWIII have just been planed and he is on a 2 week golfing vacation in Hawaii.

To be fair, this second half will be correct too in less than a month.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I thought his were in Florida?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Also, side note, I'm laughing hysterically at republican responses on youtube to SNL's latest Trump sketch. Listen, crybabies, you won, deal with it. You can't cry anymore, you won.

Every day I go on the Washington Post comments sections (I live in DC, it's my local paper) and look at Trump supporters wailing about how the Post is still running articles about Trump even though Clinton lost. Their thesis seems to be that the Post only ran articles about Trump in an attempt to make him look bad and get Clinton elected, and so now one of the biggest newspapers in the country has no reason to have articles about the incoming presidential administration or write about Trump once he's president.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Newt Says He's Heard Trump No Longer Wants to Say "Drain the Swamp"

Hahaha he's not even gonna pretend to give a poo poo about the rubes who voted for him!

quote:

Newt has a big mouth...anything to put him in the news or in front of a camera...another Chucky Cheese and Juan McLame...

2 posted on 12/21/2016 6:59:37 PM PST by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)

No, he's totally going to do it he just won't say it anymore! :mensch:

quote:

As long as he drains the swamp I do not care what the terminology is.

3 posted on 12/21/2016 6:59:45 PM PST by Parley Baer

quote:

NEWT quit trying to be relevant and STFU
Let Trump do his own statements

5 posted on 12/21/2016 7:00:40 PM PST by uncbob

quote:

To: uncbob

Big fan of Newt during the campaign, but this is overstepping himself x 100.

If, by chance, this is true I would be tremendously disappointed in our President Elect. Furthermore, I think he would be cutting his own throat in the game of politics because his biggest detractors appear to me to be the most corrupt folks in D.C.

7 posted on 12/21/2016 7:04:49 PM PST by volunbeer (Clinton Cash = Proof of Corruption)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

He’s already trying to cozy up to the corrupt Republican Congress.

He better get what he wants. And what we want.

ONLY the US Congress could take offense at that characterization.

8 posted on 12/21/2016 7:06:12 PM PST by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

quote:

To: HarleyLady27

I wonder if Trump has been told in no uncertain terms that he’ll end up like JFK if he tries.

9 posted on 12/21/2016 7:06:29 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028

Why would you even bring something like that up? That is demeaning to President Trump...my goodness...

12 posted on 12/21/2016 7:10:19 PM PST by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Because it’s a serious concern of mine.

14 posted on 12/21/2016 7:11:05 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: digger48

Oh my I don't think the ‘swamp’ is going to know what hit them...This team is hitting the ground running and it isn't going to stop, and all those House and Senate people think they are going to be so important when Trump wants something...ROFL...I can't wait to see the shock and tremors shaking the Congress Building when all that happens...

I did hear Rush say today that President Trump will be having a ‘task force’ to deal with his ‘interstruction’ program...so Mrs. McConnell can just sit there and look pretty behind her desk...

11 posted on 12/21/2016 7:09:12 PM PST by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

:laffo:

quote:

Trump doesn’t want to get the Narcissist in the White House too stirred up. It’s better to stay on the quiet side until January 20.

13 posted on 12/21/2016 7:10:34 PM PST by captain_dave

Did you think I was kidding when I said Freep was neck deep in the Cult of Trump?

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028

Those that God has His Hands on have no harm done to them...

15 posted on 12/21/2016 7:12:24 PM PST by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

Just Newt doing what Newt does... stab Republicans in the back at every opportunity.

To think some people seriously proposed this betrayer for high office - can you imagine the damage he could have done?

16 posted on 12/21/2016 7:12:44 PM PST by thoughtomator (Purple: the color of sedition)

You're not supposed to tell them this, jeez!

quote:

To: captain_dave

And that is the right answer to all this...do not project your moves in advance. The opposition is determined, dont give them any advantages.

17 posted on 12/21/2016 7:13:29 PM PST by Scott from the Left Coast ("Now it's up to the American people to deliver justice")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

I think Newt is kind of an unofficial spokesperson....designed to do pysops for the incoming Trump administration.

20 posted on 12/21/2016 7:16:54 PM PST by Extremely Extreme Extremist (Democracy is the backup QB to a dictatorship)

quote:

I've listened to almost every thank-you speech and Trump says he is going to drain the swamp. Specifically he says he is going to impose a five year ban on lobbying and a lifetime ban on lobbying for a foreign government. It's good enough considering what he can do policy-wise.

To really drain the swamp means firing 100,000 enemies of America entrenched in the bureaucracy (probably a low estimate). That's going to mean some large battles, and Trump does not release his battle plans.

21 posted on 12/21/2016 7:17:17 PM PST by palmer (turn into nonpaper w no identifying heading and send nonsecure)

Yeah, sure, whatever you say.

quote:

To: Extremely Extreme Extremist

Maybe he’s the guy that will come out and say things like this just so the ‘fake news’ will have something to write about...lol...

22 posted on 12/21/2016 7:18:46 PM PST by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

If Trump was told something like that in private, he’d step out the door and say, “Hey, everybody, this guy right here just threatened my life.” He certainly wouldn’t bow and scrape before some political thug hack.

25 posted on 12/21/2016 7:21:59 PM PST by Rastus (#NeverHillary #AlwaysTrump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: All

Trump and his team will take Washington like Alexander and his Macedonians roared into Persia - the entrenched, much larger enemy army will face the lighting, asymmetrical warfare that it has never seen.

I believe Trump will outflank, out-PR, and outdo the sclerotic bureaucrats. It will be like the 16 dwarves + Hillary in the recent campaign - they won’t know what hit them.

Remember Scott Adams’ opinion of Trump’s Persuasion Skills?

He said in July 2015 (referring to the upcoming campaign):

“Trump is bringing a flamethrower to a stick fight.”

His persuasion is just getting started. Watch him unexpectedly turn some opponents, and use his connection with the voters to turn the heat up on obstructionists.

Get the popcorn, folks. Its going to happen.

28 posted on 12/21/2016 7:31:45 PM PST by Simon Foxx
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

I love how even direct quotes are considered fake news by Freep now.

quote:

To: HarleyLady27; uncbob; volunbeer

Before you all get bent out of shape, if you look at the links at the bottom of Rush’s site where the transcript of the segment of the show is you will notice that it comes from the Washington Compost. So for all we know it could very well be Fake News by the Washington Compost, or the author who wrote it for the Washington Compost

29 posted on 12/21/2016 7:42:01 PM PST by Kaslin (Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible)

And if there's one thing we don't tolerate here in Team Trump, it's narcissists.

quote:

Since when does Newt speak for Donald Trump? There’s a reason he wasn’t offered a job in the new administration. He is a loquacious over the hill narcissist.

31 posted on 12/21/2016 8:18:54 PM PST by Procyon (Decentralize, degovernmentalize, deregulate, demonopolize, decredentialize, disentitle.)

quote:

To: Parley Baer

In all of his rallies, once “Drain the Swamp” took hold, Trump would say he didn’t like the expression, thought it was hokey. Doesn’t mean he’s not going to see to it that the swamp is, in fact, drained by whatever term he finds more appealing. It has to be done. Start at DOJ, State... and move on from there.

32 posted on 12/21/2016 8:24:15 PM PST by EDINVA
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Fake news? After everything that’s been said and done I find this a little hard to believe. Still we need term limits and there are many that need to step down because they have become too entrenched into the system to work for the people instead of themselves.

35 posted on 12/21/2016 8:40:02 PM PST by jsanders2001

quote:

I don’t take anything at face value from the media. They are no longer trustworthy. That is why I qualified my statement. I expect Trump to do what he said - that is his reputation. I also believe Sessions is going to be a whole different animal than what we have become accustomed to at DOJ. He is a buttkicker and I pray he kicks a lot of butt.

39 posted on 12/21/2016 9:13:22 PM PST by volunbeer (Clinton Cash = Proof of Corruption)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

quote:

Our President-elect is working to isolate the hard left dems and the GOPe nevertrumpers. In order to do that, he has to moderate his language and tone somewhat in order to get as much cooperation as possible from the rest of the party, as well as any blue collar dems like Manchin. This doesn't mean his plans have changed one iota, as you can tell by his aggresive cabinet appointments.

Once again DJT is two and a half steps ahead of everybody else, including Newt.

42 posted on 12/22/2016 12:52:47 AM PST by Company Man (Best election evah!)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
God the disillusion is going to be phenomenal.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

quote:

Pretty sure he goes for a full rear end in each hand. :quagmire:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sarah Palin was queen because she never actually had to do anything and could just parrot stupid poo poo. Trump is going to gently caress them so hard and it's going to be one of the few silver linings to this mess to see them try and figure out how it's totally awesome.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

Sarah Palin was queen because she never actually had to do anything and could just parrot stupid poo poo. Trump is going to gently caress them so hard and it's going to be one of the few silver linings to this mess to see them try and figure out how it's totally awesome.

The problem is that even if they vote for one of the establishment candidates next it's not like the establishment will stop being the establishment and we'll be right back here the next cycle only with someone much worse.

On the plus side people are finally realizing that even though there are differences between the "center" parties in each country (GOP/Dems, Tories/Labour, etc etc) for several decades now the difference has been one of degree rather than substance, the working class is always hosed regardless. Rather than alternating between Right/"Left" elections will start alternating between Establishment/"Outsider"
On the negative side the oligarchy has done such a thorough job demonizing anything remotely left wing that there really is nowhere for voters to go outside the establishment that isn't some blend of nationalism, right wing populism and religiosity even if only as "a cultural/social bond".

I'm seriously pessimistic for the future both in the US and Europe. Trump will make things worse, the Democrat that will follow will solve none of the problems affecting the working class, then comes an even more radical "anti-establishment" right winger. Adjust for each country and then rinse and repeat until people vote for a straight out fascist and this whole "liberal democracy" experiment is over. I don't see how we can get out of this new cycle when no form of left wing solutions will ever be considered or allowed.

To be honest I was expecting something like this to happen ever since 2008, I just thought it would take maybe a decade and a half longer for us to reach this point, when it became impossible continue to hide the failure of the austerity policies in improving the living standards of the working class. No one was going to go along with their own impoverishment forever, that was always a given.
What I didn't count on was how much the refugee crisis and terrorist attacks would speed up this process. It's like the perfect storm of reactionary pressures.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 22, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

The problem is that even if they vote for one of the establishment candidates next it's not like the establishment will stop being the establishment and we'll be right back here the next cycle only with someone much worse.

On the plus side people are finally realizing that even though there are differences between the "center" parties in each country (GOP/Dems, Tories/Labour, etc etc) for several decades now the difference has been one of degree rather than substance, the working class is always hosed regardless. Rather than alternating between Right/"Left" elections will start alternating between Establishment/"Outsider"
On the negative side the oligarchy has done such a thorough job demonizing anything remotely left wing that there really is nowhere for voters to go outside the establishment that isn't some blend of nationalism, right wing populism and religiosity even if only as "a cultural/social bond".

I'm seriously pessimistic for the future both in the US and Europe. Trump will make things worse, the Democrat that will follow will solve none of the problems affecting the working class, then comes an even more radical "anti-establishment" right winger. Adjust for each country and then rinse and repeat until people vote for a straight out fascist and this whole "liberal democracy" experiment is over. I don't see how we can get out of this new cycle when no form of left wing solutions will ever be considered or allowed.

To be honest I was expecting something like this to happen ever since 2008, I just thought it would take maybe a decade and a half longer for us to reach this point, when it became impossible continue to hide the failure of the austerity policies in improving the living standards of the working class. No one was going to go along with their own impoverishment forever, that was always a given.
What I didn't count on was how much the refugee crisis and terrorist attacks would speed up this process. It's like the perfect storm of reactionary pressures.

Yeah I was predicting this as well but thought it would be 2020-2024 before people finally decided that a Republican was the solution as the money slowly continued to be sucked out of the populace into the mega rich and neither party wanted to admit what the actual problem was. The idea that the Democrats could hold on to the presidency forever (while ignoring congress and the states) doomed us to this scenario. The refugee crisis really sped up this poo poo in Europe which makes America start thinking that we are next for the foreign hordes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

tacodaemon posted:

Every day I go on the Washington Post comments sections (I live in DC, it's my local paper) and look at Trump supporters wailing about how the Post is still running articles about Trump even though Clinton lost. Their thesis seems to be that the Post only ran articles about Trump in an attempt to make him look bad and get Clinton elected, and so now one of the biggest newspapers in the country has no reason to have articles about the incoming presidential administration or write about Trump once he's president.

Meanwhile all Fox News did for eight years was bitch about a black guy

quote:

To: uncbob

Big fan of Newt during the campaign, but this is overstepping himself x 100.

If, by chance, this is true I would be tremendously disappointed in our President Elect. Furthermore, I think he would be cutting his own throat in the game of politics because his biggest detractors appear to me to be the most corrupt folks in D.C.

7 posted on 12/21/2016 7:04:49 PM PST by volunbeer (Clinton Cash = Proof of Corruption)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

:siren:DISSENT MUST BE QUASHED:siren:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RagnarokAngel posted:

God the disillusion is going to be phenomenal.

Maybe this is the way democrats should play. Slip in a nominee for the Republicans that freep gets all lovey dovey for so he can 180 in office, that way they'll be calling for Democrat ideals because dissent is heresy.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

Yeah I was predicting this as well but thought it would be 2020-2024 before people finally decided that a Republican was the solution as the money slowly continued to be sucked out of the populace into the mega rich and neither party wanted to admit what the actual problem was. The idea that the Democrats could hold on to the presidency forever (while ignoring congress and the states) doomed us to this scenario. The refugee crisis really sped up this poo poo in Europe which makes America start thinking that we are next for the foreign hordes.

I was looking at 2030 before things really started to go to poo poo for no other reason than that was roughly how long it took for people in my country to vote for a dictator the last time the population found themselves in a similar political/economic quandary. There is a whole other dynamic at play nowadays the way reactionaries/nationalists can help each other in their respective countries while avoiding much of the friction that was inevitable when they actually had to sit at the same table. Memes and fake news are pretty much universal and coupled to the refugee powder keg I'm just dreading how long it will take before the first major terrorist attack against a mosque in Europe and we get the whole Iraqi-style retaliation party rolling. All it takes is one Breivik inspired motherfucker and the Islamic State will have a never ending supply of volunteers in Europe.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 22, 2016

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

So how many cycles until president Alex Jones?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

Maybe this is the way democrats should play. Slip in a nominee for the Republicans that freep gets all lovey dovey for so he can 180 in office, that way they'll be calling for Democrat ideals because dissent is heresy.

Yes. If the democrats are smart, if they've learned, THEY'LL be the party of the loudmouth screaming reactionary lunatic next time. HAVE a ten point plan built on proven science displayed on your website for everyone to see but your answer to every question? "gently caress that guy, gently caress those guys, those fuckers are liars and those liars are fuckers more stuff for us YAY GOD no abortions EVER!!" You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time blah blah is a great and all, but honestly all you have to do is fool some of the people some of the time.
The next president is going to have to call the other candidate a motherfucker live on TV, if the democrats are smart they'll be the motherfucker and not the motherfuckee.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Well, a nominee can't be labelled a democrat. Dems have plenty of backing, popular vote wins and all. The problem is the votes are condensed into solid pockets rather than spaced out. The spots they need to spread out in? The loving bible belt where people believe the party actively expressing the gently caress you attitude are the religious, moral good and the dems that spout equality are loving communist Satan worshippers

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

Well, a nominee can't be labelled a democrat. Dems have plenty of backing, popular vote wins and all. The problem is the votes are condensed into solid pockets rather than spaced out. The spots they need to spread out in? The loving bible belt where people believe the party actively expressing the gently caress you attitude are the religious, moral good and the dems that spout equality are loving communist Satan worshippers

Unfortunately, the only way to really get people to be less racist fuckheads is to have them actually exposed to things like black people and homosexuals in their regular lives. A white redneck out in the middle of nowhere, where a town of 3000 has fewer than 30 black residents, can be fed whatever poo poo necessary. Someone who grows up in a diverse neighborhood and interacting with everyone from an early age will be a lot better about that kind of thing.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

So I thought I was being over the top when I joked that Trump will find a way to tweet us into a nuclear war inside of two years, but then today happened and Trump managed to reverse 35+ years of bipartisan policy on nuclear weapons in exactly 140 characters

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ What did I miss? Because this list is getting stupid long http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-twitter/
I'm kinda waiting for Merkel to piss Trump off somehow and watch him start slinging Hitler/Nazi remarks about Germany.

chitoryu12 posted:

Unfortunately, the only way to really get people to be less racist fuckheads is to have them actually exposed to things like black people and homosexuals in their regular lives. A white redneck out in the middle of nowhere, where a town of 3000 has fewer than 30 black residents, can be fed whatever poo poo necessary. Someone who grows up in a diverse neighborhood and interacting with everyone from an early age will be a lot better about that kind of thing.

Not totally. I grew up in a town of about 10k that was like 100% white....my town was the picture definition of white bread. Now the city just north of us was fairly large and the black population was mostly in the southern part full of near slum condition housing and lots of violence.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 23, 2016

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

^ What did I miss? Because this list is getting stupid long http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/21/politics/donald-trump-twitter/
I'm kinda waiting for Merkel to piss Trump off somehow and watch him start slinging Hitler/Nazi remarks about Germany.

You know how we've been working on Strategic Arms Reduction Treaties ever since Saint Ronnie Himself got spooked by the threat of nuclear annihilation in the '80s? Well, now it's the 21st century and Twitter is the conduit for announcements about 180-degree paradigm shifts in bipartisan and international foreign policy:

But don't worry, Putin wants another arms race too, so the whole world's along for the ride. Whee!

e: I think when I refreshed Twitter this morning and saw that tweet, it was the first time I ever went :aaaaa: in real life

tacodaemon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Jesus loving christ, Trump. We already have more nukes than everyone else, and using them is about the most piss poor stupid retard ideas only the truly stupid or the truly insane would come up with.

Between that and his ragging about the attack in Berlin, I swear to Christ if the world declares a blockade of all American exports we deserve it. Before him being a fuckup was a sort of ongoing stagnant joke, but now, holy gently caress, I honestly fear the future.
I wish I had had 270 thousand dollars to toss around, I'd have sent a thousand to any electorate that changed their vote to cover their fines because goddamn, did we step in some poo poo.