Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Do Forsett and ADP have any value at all right now for people with week 16/17 championships? With Denver's miserable offense and run game, and basically the same for the Vikes plus ADP coming off injury plus him possibly sitting in week 17, it seems like no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

scrubs season six posted:

Do Forsett and ADP have any value at all right now for people with week 16/17 championships? With Denver's miserable offense and run game, and basically the same for the Vikes plus ADP coming off injury plus him possibly sitting in week 17, it seems like no.

They're not likely to do anything of value, but they're worth holding for Week 17 imo, just in case. Don't start either this week.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Looking for help on which defence to start for my championship game: Buffalo, Tennessee, Green Bay or Cincinnati. This league only gives 0.5 for sacks and rewards largely allowing few points and yards. I'm leaning toward Buffalo but Tennessee and Cincinnati are intriguing because of the match ups.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Reed probably won you the championship last year....didn't he have the 30 point game week 16 last year?

*Yeah 129 and 2 touchdowns in the championship week
**Shiiiit dude had 2 TD the week before that and 120 and 1 the week before THAT

I mean yeah he's been injured and he did a lovely thing last week but when healthy lets not act like dude wasn't LEGIT.

Cousins2Reed won many a championship last year, no doubt about it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

Looking for help on which defence to start for my championship game: Buffalo, Tennessee, Green Bay or Cincinnati. This league only gives 0.5 for sacks and rewards largely allowing few points and yards. I'm leaning toward Buffalo but Tennessee and Cincinnati are intriguing because of the match ups.

Tell us the match ups, and your league-specific rankings of points for of those options and points against for their opponents would help too!

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

RVProfootballer posted:

Tell us the match ups, and your league-specific rankings of points for of those options and points against for their opponents would help too!

Buffalo vs. Miami
Green Bay vs. Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Houston
Tennessee @ Jacksonville

Sack .5
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 15
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10
Points Allowed 7-13 points 5
Points Allowed 14-20 points 3
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -3

Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 15
Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 10
Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 7
Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 5
Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399. 2
Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -2
Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -5

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

In my only championship, I have the following dilemma. Standard scoring and my opponent has

Rodgers
Zeke
Howard
Olsen

I already subbed out Brate for Henry, since CLE gives up a ton to TEs, and jumped on the SD DEF.

Which QB do you roll with?

Barkley @ WAS
Kaep @ LA
Stafford @ SET

Also, if Moncrief @ OAK is healthy/active, would you bench Fitz @ SEA for him?

I really want to quit this league with another championship.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MakaVillian posted:

Buffalo vs. Miami
Green Bay vs. Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Houston
Tennessee @ Jacksonville

Sack .5
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 15
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10
Points Allowed 7-13 points 5
Points Allowed 14-20 points 3
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -3

Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 15
Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 10
Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 7
Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 5
Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399. 2
Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -2
Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -5

Tennessee.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Out of Kaep, Barkley, and Stafford...I think I have to roll out Stafford on Monday night and keep my fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat and I just have to trust in the fact that Detroit has to win therefore Stafford must not suck.

Also somehow I grabbed the Patriots DST off waivers this morning. Huzzah.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Santheb posted:

Out of Kaep, Barkley, and Stafford...I think I have to roll out Stafford on Monday night and keep my fingers crossed. I'm in the same boat and I just have to trust in the fact that Detroit has to win therefore Stafford must not suck.

Also somehow I grabbed the Patriots DST off waivers this morning. Huzzah.

Detroit doesn't really have to win that game though. If they lose then Week 17 is a division title matchup. If they win and GB wins, then Week 17 is still a division title matchup.

It's only if Detroit wins and the Packers lose that Detroit wraps anything up. Not a must win, but there is obviously incentive to win.

(I'd start Stafford too, and in fact am!)

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

poo poo, I didn't realize that it was a Monday game. That makes it easier. Most of his games are Sat. 1pm games. I should be able to adjust based on how poorly things look for me.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Sataere posted:

In my only championship, I have the following dilemma. Standard scoring and my opponent has

Rodgers
Zeke
Howard
Olsen

I already subbed out Brate for Henry, since CLE gives up a ton to TEs, and jumped on the SD DEF.

Which QB do you roll with?

Barkley @ WAS
Kaep @ LA
Stafford @ SET

Also, if Moncrief @ OAK is healthy/active, would you bench Fitz @ SEA for him?

I really want to quit this league with another championship.

Brate is a totally legit #1a/2 target on his team by a landslide and you're subbing him out for a time share TE situation? I mean I get where you are going and CLE is garbage against TE but you are risking a much higher guaranteed floor and much higher ceiling in Brate (I think at this point he's knocking on the door of T3 for the season) for no floor and a mediocre ceiling in Henry. Just ask yourself this, what if it's a Gates week for SD? He is still seeking a record and his QB knows that, and if not for and Gates having to block much more and the TD catch, Henry would have had a pretty terrible fantasy day.

As far as scoring is concerned I think your QB choice comes down to Barkley or Kaep - Stafford on the road in a slow paced game playing against a pretty hot defense keep me off him for this week. I would like Barkley more just because WAS can't defend anything and has some historically bad numbers against the pass. Kaep is too much of an enigma, dude is either giving you 6 or 36 and nothing in between.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I mentioned the Brate substitution because I was a bit on the fence. I hadn't looked closely, but you are right. Brate is getting twice the looks.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Snuck into the finals, but I'm in a bit of a pickle with my D/ST: while I have Seattle, I also have David Johnson. I do have Atlanta as well, but I don't like the match-up against Cam. Would the Giants (@Philly) worth a look? I was also thinking about San Diego (@ Cleveland)

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
San Diegoooo

E: Seattle is a good start too no matter who is on your team

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Popero posted:

E: Seattle is a good start too no matter who is on your team

This

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Any changes to the lineup to the left in a .5 PPR league?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

If Savage is starting, I like Hopkins over Snead a lot.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Who would y'all start in a flex spot this week .5 PPR:

Ty Montgomery - Min
Frank Gore @Oak
AJ Green @Hou

Bonus Question, which QB standard scoring

Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr

?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Do I play Ertz tonight in potentially hazardous weather or do I roll Brate against NO?

I'm leaning Brate because my opponent has Winston and I can maybe play the offset game.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Brate no doubt.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Since this has kind of become the Sit/Start thread this week, I need to pick two of the following this week for my WR2/FLEX position. (So one has to be a WR, obviously.) Bold is who I've got now, standard scoring.

Tyrell Williams vs. CLE
Kenny Britt vs. SF

Tyreek Hill vs DEN
Kenneth Dixon @PIT
Cameron Meredith vs WAS
Chris Hogan vs NYJ
Kenneth Farrow @CLE

I'm worried about San Diego resting Tyrell this week.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

gently caress me, am I really supposed to start Gurley this week? I know it's SF, but still. Fantasy pros 87 "experts" have him at 9, Blount at 11, and Powell at 19.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Looks like i might lose Eifert to a back injury. Better PPR TE this week Clay or Davis? Looks like Reed is out.

Vargo posted:

Since this has kind of become the Sit/Start thread this week, I need to pick two of the following this week for my WR2/FLEX position. (So one has to be a WR, obviously.) Bold is who I've got now, standard scoring.

I like Hill, and Meredith slightly over Britt

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

gently caress me, am I really supposed to start Gurley this week? I know it's SF, but still. Fantasy pros 87 "experts" have him at 9, Blount at 11, and Powell at 19.

If I've learned anything all year long it's "don't start Gurley."

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

You can't start all 3? What an impossible decision. Against any of the other 30 teams Gurley would be the obvious odd man out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm the unnecessary quotation marks around experts

Also Gurley is going up against a 49ers team that is literally playing street FAs, OLBs and safeties at ILB. Their defensive line is torn up. They have no defense. At all. Whatsoever.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I dont have your options but I'm starting Gurley too dawg. Week 16/17 championship so I think I can afford to eat his usual 6 point game if that happens.

I've amazingly started this guy like, 11 out of the 15 weeks and still made the finals.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
This is pretty much the week to start Gurley if you had him all season and he was pissing you off. Like when a lovely Roddy White went off against SF on Monday night 4ish years ago.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Is there still bad weather called for in the philly/nyg game tonight? Do I play eagles defense instead of San Diego on Saturday?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I wouldnt get too cute with it. Just set and forget San Diego unless you somehow get the Patriots.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

bathhouse posted:

Looks like i might lose Eifert to a back injury. Better PPR TE this week Clay or Davis? Looks like Reed is ou
I'm with you on Eifert :(

I picked up Ertz for tonight though so I am definitely going all in on Eifert being out

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

coronaball posted:

You can't start all 3? What an impossible decision. Against any of the other 30 teams Gurley would be the obvious odd man out.

I could if I wanted to sit Cooks and DeSean or Diggs, but I'm not sure that's the smart play.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

If I've learned anything all year long it's "don't start Gurley."

I think I started him once since week three and it happened to be his one good game.

I think I start Powell if Forte looks to be out or at least very limited and if it looks like it might be more of a real timeshare then I start Blount.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spoeank posted:

I'm the unnecessary quotation marks around experts

Also Gurley is going up against a 49ers team that is literally playing street FAs, OLBs and safeties at ILB. Their defensive line is torn up. They have no defense. At all. Whatsoever.

Yeah, that's the thing I hadn't really checked on yet. Gurley did jack poo poo against them week 1 but that's week 1 and I need to look more deeply into the changes since then. I looked a little bit and the falcons put like 60 RB points on SF? You'd think Gurley could at least get 1/3 of that.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Choose 2, standard scoring:

Tyreek Hill v DEN
Alshon Jeffery v WAS
Tyrell Williams @ CLE
AJ Green @ HOU
Sammy Watkins v MIA

gently caress

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.

Keith Atherton posted:

Choose 2, standard scoring:

Tyreek Hill v DEN
Alshon Jeffery v WAS
Tyrell Williams @ CLE
AJ Green @ HOU
Sammy Watkins v MIA

gently caress

Alshon if Green experiences a setback, or if this isn't PPR.

Having trouble with my (similar) situation in 1 PPR: need to pick 5.

Obviously starting the top 3 with no regrets, but the next two I'm having issues with. Both Bears? One Bear and Sammy? One Bear and Dion? Ugh.

I think I need floor more than ceiling, which is pushing me towards Alshon and Steve Smith... but who knows.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I finally set my team for my 3rd place match and I'm still in complete shell shock looking at it. It was so well crafted and guaranteeing of a championship that it feels unfair that the guy I lost to is in the finals, almost as if I'm expecting people to admit that my team deserves it more and will be put there instead.

This must be how Patriots fans felt in 2007 and 2011.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So I don't think that the tight ends on either of my teams are gonna play. Eifert in one, Reed in the other. So..Vernon Davis (for Eifert) and Hunter Henry for Reed. gently caress it, all tight ends are a dice roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Doltos posted:

I finally set my team for my 3rd place match and I'm still in complete shell shock looking at it. It was so well crafted and guaranteeing of a championship that it feels unfair that the guy I lost to is in the finals, almost as if I'm expecting people to admit that my team deserves it more and will be put there instead.

Your team deserves it more and should be in the finals instead of that third place idiot. I'm just an internet stranger telling you what you want to hear but I hope it helps :j:

Doltos posted:

This must be how Patriots fans felt in 2007 and 2011.

Four years ago, my (Pats fan) friend made it to the finals in his league and he lost to his friend's girlfriend. It was her first year playing and her team was autodrafted. He's complained about how lucky she got to beat him since the day we met.

This year, he and I are co-managing a team and, lo and behold, she's our opponent in the finals. Even though our fates are tied, I take solace in knowing I can troll him with 07-11 Patriots comparisons if we should happen to lose.

• Locked thread