Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I feel... a little bit cockblocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Kubo is the best and she should be allowed to make all the anime and manga she wants.

Otabek confirmed as Yurio's first friend :lol: I love so many of these dumb idiots and I'm hoping all of them find happiness. And that we get to see it in S2: Yurio!!! On Ice.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
CRoll is five minutes late putting up Yuri!! on Ice and I'm freakin out

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

devtesla posted:

CRoll is five minutes late putting up Yuri!! on Ice and I'm freakin out

Christmas is cancelled.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/811665566603694080

Crunchyroll is held together by twine and duct tape

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crunchy why you gotta do this to me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It here!!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
"We're currently preparing this show for your device."

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

ahhh gently caress that was such a good episode that was SUCH A GOOD SHOW

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Vastakaiun posted:

I'm really excited/nervous about tonight's episode... :ohdear:

Update: It was perfect.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Feel good anime of all time.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Am I crazy or did they hint at...A second season? Because I'd totally be down for that.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I couldn't figure out from the ending if now they are going to compete against each other or whether Viktor's coaching Yuuri until he gets 5 golds.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 21, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hopeford posted:

Am I crazy or did they hint at...A second season? Because I'd totally be down for that.

lol it wasn't just a hint, they clearly intend to make a second season and have all but announced it.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Also one big thing about the episode for me, I know it probably shouldn't be what I'm focusing on, but I'm irrationally marking out for JJ getting bronze in spite of being a pile of nerves before :canada: JJ STYLE

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

I know it's shallow, but I still could've done with another kiss.

The duet is beautiful.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Gibbering posted:

The duet is beautiful.

It's the closest they can get to sex on this show. :v:

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Gibbering posted:

The duet is beautiful.

Same. Other than that the finale gave me everything I wanted. Also, Celestino's wild mane.

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

i look forward to the next 6 months of shitposting with yall ITT while we wait for season two or the end of the world, whichever comes first

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

A twitter thread where someone is unbelievably mad about the South Park reference

https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/811687952044748800

e: I think they make some good points, but it also feels like they're getting too upset by it, idk.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 21, 2016

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
So question - now that the show is over, how does one get the Theme of King JJ to stop playing in their heads? Because I've a feeling this is not gonna happen anytime soon.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Gibbering posted:

I feel... a little bit cockblocked?

Yeah I feel kinda disappointed by the ending if I'm being honest here. Like, it feels like a chunk was just excised so they can add a sequel hook, which felt a bit cheap after all the "we're getting too old for figure skating while the next generation is surpassing us, this is my final season" talk somehow?

It felt like one big anti-climax

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Hopeford posted:

So question - now that the show is over, how does one get the Theme of King JJ to stop playing in their heads? Because I've a feeling this is not gonna happen anytime soon.

You don't. You embrace it and download it from iTunes (if your American) and listen to it everyday.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

The Black Stones posted:

You don't. You embrace it and download it from iTunes (if your American) and listen to it everyday.

I'm as Canadian as JJ, so hopefully his theme becomes available here soon so I can give money to the beautiful people who created it.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I was a little disappointed by the finale as well. Does this mean the skate boys aren't going to get married now? :(

Also I want more of that ending scene.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

swimming anime posted:

i look forward to the next 6 months of shitposting with yall ITT while we wait for season two or the end of the world, whichever comes first

This thread will become general figure skating and moved to SAS

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

S2 better end with an Instagram wedding slideshow. Come on, MAPPA. Don't do this to me. They have RINGS.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Watching now and I will always love how Yurio skates with hatred in his heart.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Finished, and.... yeah. Huh. That felt like a season finale, not a series finale. Good, and I'm glad they landed it, but.... it feels incomplete.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

StrixNebulosa posted:

A twitter thread where someone is unbelievably mad about the South Park reference

https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/811687952044748800

e: I think they make some good points, but it also feels like they're getting too upset by it, idk.

I completely missed the South Park reference in both directions. The hell is going on?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Gibbering posted:

S2 better end with an Instagram wedding slideshow. Come on, MAPPA. Don't do this to me. They have RINGS.

gently caress that, it should *start* with this.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Celery Jello posted:

I completely missed the South Park reference in both directions. The hell is going on?

https://twitter.com/discoo_o/status/811631409181782016

in JJ's flashback he's dressed unmistakably like a South Park character

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Final episode was beautiful and one hell of a ride, and gently caress me if that duet at the end wasn't a fantastic surprise.

That said, I'm not satisfied, and not in the good way. Their love is undeniable and handled really well, but I still wanted some unquestionable form of affirmation that yes, this is romantic love, deal with it. A fully visible kiss or even just them saying, "I love you" would've perfect, and without that, it feels like it's erring unnecessarily on the platonic/safe side. If they had been a straight couple we would've gotten a visible kiss no question, so it's just...When YoI has already come so far in depicting a positive gay couple and is heads above what I could've hoped for, is asking them to cross the finish line when it's right there really that much?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

And now Cartman is singing The Theme of King JJ in my head.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Adel posted:

Final episode was beautiful and one hell of a ride, and gently caress me if that duet at the end wasn't a fantastic surprise.

That said, I'm not satisfied, and not in the good way. Their love is undeniable and handled really well, but I still wanted some unquestionable form of affirmation that yes, this is romantic love, deal with it. A fully visible kiss or even just them saying, "I love you" would've perfect, and without that, it feels like it's erring unnecessarily on the platonic/safe side. If they had been a straight couple we would've gotten a visible kiss no question, so it's just...When YoI has already come so far in depicting a positive gay couple and is heads above what I could've hoped for, is asking them to cross the finish line when it's right there really that much?

It's not, and that's part of what leads to the incomplete feeling I have. There should have been another kiss, a declaration -

But there wasn't. And they're going to keep skating, which feels like a surprise? Like it came out of nowhere?

... So. I want more, because damnit, it's incomplete.

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

The Black Stones posted:

Is there anywhere other than iTunes to get the music from this show? because I refuse to let iTunes sully my computer.

Also that was beautiful~. I goddamn love this goddamn anime that is nothing like what I expected in the beginning.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

StrixNebulosa posted:

Sorry for the possible double post but :same:, Yurio's neverending rage and anger is adorable. He skates like the ice rink is Yuuri's literal face :allears:

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Just watch the wedding be a bluray exclusive haha.

In all seriousness though, it felt like the anime was gonna end very conclusively and they rewrote it in a hurry to make a second season make sense.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Adel posted:

Sorry for the possible double post but :same:, Yurio's neverending rage and anger is adorable. He skates like the ice rink is Yuuri's literal face :allears:

It's one of my favorite parts of the show. It's like, 99% of times athletes in any sport get screwed when they let hate take over their performance. But once in a while you get a beautiful little monster like this guy that get better by focusing on how much they loathe humanity and it's adorable :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's not, and that's part of what leads to the incomplete feeling I have. There should have been another kiss, a declaration -

But there wasn't. And they're going to keep skating, which feels like a surprise? Like it came out of nowhere?

... So. I want more, because damnit, it's incomplete.

I thought that if he didn't get the gold Yuuri wouldn't retire, but I didn't expect Viktor to return to competitive skating. That doesn't feel right, either, because part of Viktor's growth was learning that he can/will be surpassed and eventually accepting it and looking towards the future. I understand him feeling like he had to win back his legacy, but why couldn't Yuuri become his new legacy? It was set up so well and the "lol jk see you on the podium next year nerds" from Viktor didn't feel natural.

It really is incomplete, that's the best way to describe it. Like I just ate a meal and my reaction isn't "I'm full but I want more because that was so good" but "I want more because those tiny serving sizes were bullshit."

• Locked thread