Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

lazorexplosion posted:

Rust belt voters: We need help. We need change.
Liberals: WE WILL FIGHT THE VERY CONSTITUTION ITSELF TO MAKE SURE WE NEVER NEED TO LISTEN TO YOUR CRY FOR HELP
Trump: :smugdon:

Fin

Soon enough going down this path takes you to a point where the Democrats can't even win the popular vote.

Neo-liberals: "Our problems need incremental change, never mind if generations upon generations die of poverty in the process."

Rust belt: gently caress all of you, especially the illegals and the blacks. gently caress the Muslims too, a con artist said he would make my life better so trump all bitches trying to run me and mine.

:smugdon: " You know I never meant a word I said, especially when I said I would drain the swamp and bring jobs back, right?"

Rust belt: "It's cool just crush the minorities, cause gently caress them."

Minorities, the working class, lgbt, poor single moms etc. : " I guess no one gives a gently caress. "

Looks to progressive

" What can we do?"

Progressive: "Stop whining. Ed Balls. :ironicat: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

If Medicare nakedly gets dismantled that would do it. But that's a solid maybe.

gut social security for an extra measure, because why not, gently caress y'all

salt in the wound innit

Princess Di posted:

Progressive: "Stop whining. Ed Balls. :ironicat: "

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Princess Di posted:

Rust belt: "It's cool just crush the minorities, cause gently caress them."

show me 10 rust belt voters who have said this

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Good luck getting politicians to support an idea that takes power away from the states that currently decide who controls 2/3rds of the federal government.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Terror Sweat posted:

show me 10 rust belt voters who have said this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I met him at the Thrilling Adventure Hour once and he's very nice.:3:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lastgirl posted:

gut social security for an extra measure, because why not, gently caress y'all

salt in the wound innit

Yeah that's coming too. I just expect them to spin that one better. I just imagine them salivating over finally burning the safety net after all these years and legislate themselves into a ditch.
To slowly break it down to make it go unnoticed seems uncharacteristic of current gop

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

people are still mad that the dems won the popular vote by a pretty wide margin but still couldn't cobble together enough states to win the EC, which seems nonsensical at first until you realize that means the party is incredibly out of touch with america in a geographic sense. only bad dems are arguing for getting rid of the EC, the rest of us would rather reform the party into something that can actually win

Bad dem!

Bad dem!

Sit!

Now, stay!

I'm not a pet, I'm part of the minority vote and lol if the party thinks they can't lose that.

If I can't even speak on certain things with my supposed allies?

Do I have allies?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

Good luck getting politicians to support an idea that takes power away from the states that currently decide who controls 2/3rds of the federal government.

no one is under the illusion that the electoral college is going away, that doesn't mean it isn't lovely.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Rust belt states friggin hate minorities, which is why they elected Barack Hussein Obama twice.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Concerned Citizen posted:

no one is under the illusion that the electoral college is going away, that doesn't mean it isn't lovely.

Yep, it's lovely alright, trying to make it a partisan issue only guarentees the republicans have more support in swing states though.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ace of Baes posted:

"we need to change the democratic party"

"that's too ridiculous. have you considered tearing up our election process into confetti when we're at our weakest in a generation?"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

Yep, it's lovely alright, trying to make it a partisan issue only guarentees the republicans have more support in swing states though.

oh is this the thread where we write the dnc platform?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Ace of Baes posted:

Rust belt states friggin hate minorities, which is why they elected Barack Hussein Obama twice.

i'm a cleveland democrat and i just wanted to say i hate the blacks so much i voted for one twice and let him run the country for 8 years so he could age super fast and be the subject of pixelated facebook memes by Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Never mind the rust belt how do we win GOP voters in Texas, that's our future!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

oh is this the thread where we write the dnc platform?

No Im just wondering what the point of discussing it is, or what anyone hopes to gain from it.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

No Im just wondering what the point of discussing it is, or what anyone hopes to gain from it.

what's the point of posting about anything

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Never mind the rust belt how do we won GOP voters in Texas, that's our future!

*looks down at hand and finds out that "CALL THEM RACIST" has been crossed out*

:shrug:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Princess Di posted:

Bad dem!

Bad dem!

Sit!

Now, stay!

I'm not a pet, I'm part of the minority vote and lol if the party thinks they can't lose that.

If I can't even speak on certain things with my supposed allies?

Do I have allies?

The party would have won if they had more support among multiple groups of working class minorities so i guess in a way you could say theyve been working on it

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Believe it or not may of us are misguided optimists who genuinely believe they can make a difference

That doesnt really answer your question, i know

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Not sure, but there's probably a reason why there's not a thread that's just hundreds of pages of people agreeing that the Holocaust was bad, mostly that it'd be even more pointless to than the regular pointlessness of posting.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

*looks down at hand and finds out that "CALL THEM RACIST" has been crossed out*

:shrug:

Lena Dunham?
Hamilton?
Lena Dunham Historical rap?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Terror Sweat posted:

Lena Dunham?
Hamilton?
Lena Dunham Historical rap?

Lena Dunham Hamilton Rap

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

ugh :chloe:

you see, you keep ascribing it to older models of capitalism before it went full blown reagan, where the feminist wave of the 70s attributed to actually making decent wages and you know, men were incredibly lovely and condescending back then. Nowadays third way feminism is being garbled by corporate capitalism to keep us sedate and not focus on the real issues for less pay. It's gotten hijacked and washed over with pendantry and echo chambers. Sound familiar?

Some men (not all, calm down don't project please) can still be just as lovely and condescending nowadays, god knows I put up with enough harassment as it is, but it does not seem as bad (what would I know, I didn't live in the 60s-80s) today because uhh HR and workplace ethics have at least progressed where there is at least some say in the process, it's just the pay that makes it not worth the hassle sometimes. Retail sucked for this reason.

But I'm sure you want to burn it down because it's just still capitalism that all feminists want people to subjugate to or whatever the gently caress you're gabbing on about because your claim is that second wave feminists sold out which is just laughable as a perceived narrative you want to sweep with a broad brush. It's some crazy 0% to 100%, black or white, either and or situation you keep doing from time to time.

its like watching someone try to jam an old circle block into a brand new square hole to prove something, its hosed :chloe:, mostly on the behalf that you're not really going to listen to it because you already have the idea and your cup is full with the "knowledge" that you perceived to be containing. Which is why we have that smugness going on :smugbert:

Yea, it's the feminists, they're the ones who do the capitalist pigdogs their bidding and are the shadowy hand of the corporate arm. WAKE UP!!! :byodood:

Its certainly not bits and pieces, amalgams taken as a result of information being wedged into a big wad of indiscernible chewed up gum due to globalism because we have so many loving ideas racing into our goddamn eyeballs from the internet in the most lamest way possible, from tumblr to facebook, to forums like these that we can't tell rear end up end and recognize the information overload that we can just literally take bits and pieces of what we want to mold. Cherry picked to consume our own perceived narrative.

This is again why IdPol loving sucks :smugjones:

Nice Meltdown

M'am this is a Wendy's.

Yes, give me the frosty please~

I'd like one too please. I just came from the Arby's bathroom down the street and am hitting up more fast food establishments.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

its texas, so probably some sort of narcocorrido but about incrementalism

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

Not sure, but there's probably a reason why there's not a thread that's just hundreds of pages of people agreeing that the Holocaust was bad, mostly that it'd be even more pointless to than the regular pointlessness of posting.

well i think the issue is that generally, most people do not angrily argue about things they agree on. however, this normally healthy behavior is seemingly absent from the democrats thread.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm a cleveland democrat and i just wanted to say i hate the blacks so much i voted for one twice and let him run the country for 8 years so he could age super fast and be the subject of pixelated facebook memes by Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

You think that's bad, imagine the 90% white Bay County, MI that Obama won twice but went overwhelmingly for Trump, those bastards must be racist as hell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 minutes!
is this the political equivalent of "my black friend"

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
racism is dead, idiots.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

It would be a valid point even if Obama were white. If they were that racist why were they so keen on supporting a dem that wasnt going to do a bunch of racist poo poo?

Maybe at least some of them arent that racist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

yeah weird how people talk about things when they're relevant and don't talk about them when they aren't really as relevant

That is actually super lovely and myopic and the worst way to govern.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

That is actually super lovely and myopic and the worst way to govern.

Democrats!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/BklynDefender/status/811585772276969472/

Noted piece of poo poo establishment Dem and Clinton supporter Andrew Cuomo refuses to sign a bill that gets rid of a loophole that allows police to charge people for being a minority.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
(Somewhere in an underground Laboratory in Eastern Europe)

Disheveled Scientist holding neon green test tubes: Sir...We've finally collected all of the specimens, Ms. Dunham, Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Shkreli, and the guy who won't stop sniffling and blow his nose on your 4AM flight.

George Soros: Good...Good...Begin phase 2.

Disheveled Scientist: Sir...Splicing these many genomes into one creature...You remember what happened last time.

George Soros: Brock was a prototype, that was before we perfected the hatred algorithm.

Disheveled Scientist: Im just not sure this is safe...

George Soros: You will have my candidate by 2018, if, you want to see your family again.

Disheveled Scientist: Yes, yes of course sir, my apologies.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Wait fuckin' why won't he sign that poo poo

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Cuomo doing something... good?

Edit, oh i guess you changed it, now it makes more sense

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

Wait fuckin' why won't he sign that poo poo

Because New York democrats are poo poo.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Because New York democrats are poo poo.

get a load of this bernout

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

It would be a valid point even if Obama were white. If they were that racist why were they so keen on supporting a dem that wasnt going to do a bunch of racist poo poo?

Maybe at least some of them arent that racist.

or maybe it's just that racism is not necessarily a bunch of guys in hoods screaming "white power," but rather encompasses a wide range of attitudes toward many different groups of minorities. it's possible for someone to vote for a black guy and still hold racist attitudes that causes them to buy into the idea that mexicans, muslims, foreigners, and their establishment collaborators are the reason why things are not good. it's fairly absurd to act like it's not a pretty significant factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

This conversation has been hashed out thousands of times and there's no real good reason that we need the EC other than it's the only way we keep the "advanced" (lol) states like Cali from just destroying smaller states or not helping them as part of a union. Which to me is a good enough answer..

I was not here when this consensus was reached. If you see my reg date I haven't even been on this site that long.

The responses I was seeing was basically this is how this works so stop being a sore loser, Trump won fair and square, what do you know about the Midwest.

It's very different to say, as you have here, that they would not only lose some political sway but also collective bargaining power for specific resources.

This is something I can understand.

Not "Stop calling rust belt voters idiots!"

I never called them idiots, uneducated does not mean stupid, but does limit your information.

Also, I'm not a neo-liberal?

I was willing to vote for one to keep racist internet troll out of office. Granted I wanted to feel good about my choice. However my ideal choice has never presented itself. I've looked at my entire voting history as an exercise in choosing the lesser evil.

• Locked thread