Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

1st AD posted:

Brutus headlined Starrcade, brother.

it's weird that a PPV with a Beefcake/Hogan main event in 1994 somehow doesn't even come close to WCW's nadir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Watching the 1997 Raws and Triple H's hair is genuinely glorious. When did it get all stringy and gross?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Benne posted:

Watching the 1997 Raws and Triple H's hair is genuinely glorious. When did it get all stringy and gross?

When he stopped being in his 20s.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Shine posted:

True, and this was also before he started dousing his head in water every match. Maybe he just went cheap on the hair conditioner.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jason Sextro posted:

it's weird that a PPV with a Beefcake/Hogan main event in 1994 somehow doesn't even come close to WCW's nadir

Beefcake/Valentine vs. the British Bulldogs was probably the least bad part of Wrestlemania 2! :v:

Almost everything in WM2 was poo poo and the match he was in was actually mostly Valentine vs. the Bulldogs.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shine posted:

Did Triple H used to blade or does he just have very deep forehead wrinkles?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Beefcake/Valentine vs. the British Bulldogs was probably the least bad part of Wrestlemania 2! :v:

Almost everything in WM2 was poo poo and the match he was in was actually mostly Valentine vs. the Bulldogs.

Yeah I have pretty fond memories of Beefcake/Valentine but in hindsight it's pretty much entirely because of the Hammer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh, he definitely bladed. Dude was a Ric Flair disciple, after all.

I'm pretty sure he lost multiple pints in matches with Shawn and Batista.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

yeah he was in the third one

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
As I've mentioned previously, I think the nastiest scars are the ones on the guys who cut themselves vertically, but especially when they're on guys who are otherwise fairly smooth-faced. They're nasty enough on guys who have sort of craggy faces, or guys like Bruiser Brody with his massive mane of hair, but on guys like Bobby Jaggers in this video it's a whole lot uglier to me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who were the women at hhh's WM 30 entrance?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Who were the women at hhh's WM 30 entrance?

Charlotte, Sasha and Alexa

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

He was carrying Batista to great matches so yeah, 05-10 is definitely his best run.

That wasn't carrying.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I was gonna say, I don't really think of a "best period" for the Phenom because he had great matches with great guys and lovely matches with lovely guys. He didn't have any of Flair's ability to carry a lovely guy to a decent match. Hence his worse period is any time he's feuding with another giant.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Halloween Jack posted:

I was gonna say, I don't really think of a "best period" for the Phenom because he had great matches with great guys and lovely matches with lovely guys. He didn't have any of Flair's ability to carry a lovely guy to a decent match. Hence his worse period is any time he's feuding with another giant.

It's more that really early in his career he had hardly any moves, and really late he was physically slow because he was 100 so of course he was.

E: best Taker match with another huge dude?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Diesel probably

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sean10mm posted:

It's more that really early in his career he had hardly any moves, and really late he was physically slow because he was 100 so of course he was.

E: best Taker match with another huge dude?

does Brock not count

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, it's gotta be the Brock series. The only bad match they ever had was Mania 30, and Taker got concussed like 2 minutes in.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Taker/Batista had some great stuff in the 07-08 era.

Has any promotion incorporated LEDs into their title belts yet, or ever tried to incorporate lighting into one? I feel like digital belt faces are going to be seen before long.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 21, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Now I want to see a Wrestler coming to the ring with an over sized 80's Casio around their waist.

Ooh, Kushida should do it at the Dome.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"you can't go out there"

"why not?"

"We forgot to charge the title last night"

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Big Dave mentioned that someone important in WWE has a soft spot for Ellsworth, leading to this angle/push. Has he ever said who it is or why?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Benne posted:

Yeah, it's gotta be the Brock series. The only bad match they ever had was Mania 30, and Taker got concussed like 2 minutes in.

Their 2002 match that ends in a DQ and sets up HiaC is garbage.

My favorite Taker match with a Huge dude is his Last Man Standing match with Big Show at No Mercy 2008. Really good stuff.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

maniacripper posted:

Big Dave mentioned that someone important in WWE has a soft spot for Ellsworth, leading to this angle/push. Has he ever said who it is or why?

It's Shane he's got that soft spot in his brain after Roman killed him and it's kinda twerking everything up there.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Was Tony Stetson any good?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

yeah he was in the third one

Thanks for the reminder.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

sticklefifer posted:

Taker/Batista had some great stuff in the 07-08 era.

Has any promotion incorporated LEDs into their title belts yet, or ever tried to incorporate lighting into one? I feel like digital belt faces are going to be seen before long.

They did a toy spinner title that had a face plate that had this and also played sound bites/entrance themes.
EDIT; https://youtu.be/LGwFglPLeoY

MisterGBH fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 21, 2016

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Taker had a really good match around the Great Khali once.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

maniacripper posted:

Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think it was said at some point that Jericho had lobbied on his behalf with the brass.

But Vince bringing in the type of geek who would never even dream of a WWE shot for a one-night job, then getting so caught off-guard by the babyface strength of his promo that he hires the full time, then slots him in a long main event program carrying segments by himself? That's the sort of "randomly benevolent lunatic" Vince story that people love

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Unless he really fucks up, the guy is set for life.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

will the ellsworth/carmella romance angle succeed in breaking up her relationship with big cass? will she start kissing ellsworth for real?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Adaptabullshit posted:

I'd be shocked if he was getting as much as Zack Ryder.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Adaptabullshit posted:

Not set for life, but he's probably earned more money in his WWE run than he's earned during his entire indie career. Heck, even if he only gets a cut of 0.0001% from his merch sales, he'll have made more in these 3 months.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Germansimp posted:

Not set for life, but he's probably earned more money in his WWE run than he's earned during his entire indie career. Heck, even if he only gets a cut of 0.0001% from his merch sales, he'll have made more in these 3 months.

When the WWE run ends, he can make money on the indies with the exposure and/or maybe start a wrestling school. Best exit strategy would be to have a backstage position of some sort.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Basic Chunnel posted:

But Vince bringing in the type of geek who would never even dream of a WWE shot for a one-night job, then getting so caught off-guard by the babyface strength of his promo that he hires the full time, then slots him in a long main event program carrying segments by himself? That's the sort of "randomly benevolent lunatic" Vince story that people love

or maybe Vince hates AJ Styles and likes to stick him with James Delaney Gowen Ellsworth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hates him so much he hired him for lots of money and made him the star of The Good Show

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
AJ Styles is buried

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Can someone tell me the story of Rich Homie Swann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What wrestler most perfectly fits the "look" that Vince supposedly wants? The natural answer would be Warrior (or Gary Strydom) but I think McMahon would prefer a Jim Hellwig that he could bill at 6'6" give or take a couple inches. Lex Luger, I guess?