Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not super-hype about any of the shows but I'm interested in it for that reason. I remember SRWZ's announcement and my "eeeh" feeling becoming "Woooo" as I played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and if nothing else cross ange is a source of female pilots who aren't completely inferior to the protagonist of their series.

I still don't know why Sara was in the panther in Z2.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not super-hype about any of the shows but I'm interested in it for that reason. I remember SRWZ's announcement and my "eeeh" feeling becoming "Woooo" as I played it.

I'm extremely hyped for Hathaway's Flash, and if nothing else I love the designs of Ange and Zero despite how bad both of the sources for those two things are, so I'm excited to use them.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I just want beautiful HD GaoGaiGar sprites and animations and if V ain't gonna give me that it can gently caress itself.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

I just want beautiful HD GaoGaiGar sprites and animations and if V ain't gonna give me that it can gently caress itself.

I recently watched all of Tekkaman Blade, and I would pay an inordinate amount of money for that show to be given the full console SRW treatment.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Now that Hathaway's Flash is in SRW, we need a game with both it and Zeorymer. And get Yasuhiro Moriki to design the original.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i want escaflowne to be in a game that isn't freaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NGWx4WrcLg

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to say Da Garn, stand tall. :(

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I demand the return of The Great GM God Ideon.

CAN YOU HEAR IT?!

SURELY YOU CAN HEAR IT!

THAT FAR OFF ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a super robot wars game comprised solely of shows that have only been in one other srw game

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

My dream is a console SRW that treats GGG as well as W did.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Which Brave show is the one where the final boss is the toy company?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Policenaut posted:

I demand the return of The Great GM God Ideon.

CAN YOU HEAR IT?!

SURELY YOU CAN HEAR IT!

THAT FAR OFF ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
Ideon has only been in two or three games, right? I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

The one that is in V, actually, Might Gaine.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm extremely hyped for Hathaway's Flash, and if nothing else I love the designs of Ange and Zero despite how bad both of the sources for those two things are, so I'm excited to use them.

Other than the creepy stuff in Zero, was it really that bad?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Caphi posted:

That's Might Gaine, so look forward to that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also, for shows that have never been in SRW at all, here's a wishlist for V2 or whatever

ludicrous long shot: symphogear (the characters are basically on the same level as blade but unlike blade the show doesn't have mechs or spaceships as side elements, so rip)

long shot: voltron legendary defenders (I watched this show on netflix and it was actually pretty good, and iirc it got a japanese dub so it could work out)

normal shot: build fighters (I still think it could work, and the mech designs are great, but the fact that it's a gundam series that'd need to be 'made' to work at all is rough)

almost certain: ironblooded orphans (i mostly just want a SRW mix of raise your flag)

Oh, gundam thunderbolt'd be cool too, but the problem there is that the Zeon side of that movie is way more sympathetic than the Feddie side.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Ideon has only been in two or three games, right? I'm kind of surprised it hasn't popped up more.
It's probably just because of how setting-dominatingly powerful it is. It can work if you work around it but it isn't some random gundam series or one-off super robot show that you can just plug in for an added unit like Trider.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

The one that is in V, actually, Might Gaine.

yessssssss :getin:

Endorph posted:

almost certain: ironblooded orphans (i mostly just want a SRW mix of raise your flag)

In the meantime, there's Megaane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIAjSnTGeQA

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
EX Points replicating the Z Crystal stuff and trying to balance out Tag Tension considering all of the other options as good as "go again" is neato.

Z2 didn't have squads and had a bunch of dudes. Cross Ange could be like Geass for number of units and ZZ could be Wing in terms of that, with Emma being absent so Elle gets the Gundam Mk. II while Zeta inclusion is limited to Kamille and Fa with the Zeta and Methuss. Quattro would be MIA and Char could be CCA and Sazabi, freeing up the Hyaku Shiki for the ZZ crew maybe.

I'm hoping skills with multiple levels don't count each level as one of your 30 slots. There are 28 skills on the akurasu list that you can buy which means with 30 everyone can buy everything if they have 2 or less unique skills like Newtype and stuff like that. If not then 30 isn't super unreasonable because you can get a lot of max level stuff for that and certainly all of the skills you'd actually put on someone in practice, but I want monster Fa with every ability on NG++ dangit. I wonder whether Break Will Limit will go above 170 or only has two levels or gives a tiny amount per level. Protection sounds like a useful skill too!

I'm looking forward to everything I love all the robits and if I don't like them (Cross Ange) I'm at least looking forward to seeing how they get changed and integrated, they've done it at least twice with SEED Destiny!

Schwarzwald posted:

Now that Hathaway's Flash is in SRW, we need a game with both it and Zeorymer. And get Yasuhiro Moriki to design the original.

Bright solemnly hands off his "Worst Dad" award to Misaki,

A reminder though that Hathaway's Flash is listed as unit only for V.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Endorph posted:

It's probably just because of how setting-dominatingly powerful it is. It can work if you work around it but it isn't some random gundam series or one-off super robot show that you can just plug in for an added unit like Trider.
I suppose that makes sense. I'd just like to see it destroy the universe in HD.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Incidentally, the shuttle from Trider was one of my favorite units in Z2/Z3 just because of the one girl in it that had like 20 SP cheer and 30 SP bless, and I always get sad when Trider isn't added into new games.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I kinda hate the Hathaway's Gundam designs. Love me some Crossbone though. If I had to add a series, gun to my head, I'd say Giant Robo. Just to help blend the old & the new.

We're never gonna get the magical Christmas scenario of Z2's cast announcement again, so I feel like this about as strong a list you could ask for at present. Years from now, when they add Code Geass 3, if that's when they get around to MJP, Valvrave, Macross Delta and Iron-Blooded Orphans then that'll be a pretty big splash.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 22, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I liked the gimmick Ideon had where it was this massively over-powered monster of a unit but using it increased the likelihood that it would go berserk and kill everyone, that and having its own ending tied to it where everyone will die.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

yessssssss :getin:

If "Anime ja nai" does not have priority over whatever boss/event theme plays in that fight, then V will have FAILED IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE WAY!

ImpAtom posted:

I want to say Da Garn, stand tall. :(

Throw in some Exkaiser goodness, too, because that's one of my favorite Brave themes!

Mind, I'll echo Hokuto's wish for Tekkaman Blade to get the voiced/HD treatment... and Astray (because of Kazuhiko Inoue).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

I kinda hate the Hathaway's Gundam designs. Love me some Crossbone though. If I had to add a series, gun to my head, I'd say Giant Robo. Just to help blend the old & the new.

We're never gonna get the magical Christmas scenario of Z2's cast announcement again, so I feel like this about as strong a list you could ask for at present. Years from now, when they add Code Geass 3, if that's when they get around to MJP, Valvrave, Macross Delta and Iron-Blooded Orphans then that'll be a pretty big splash.
The main issue there is they need to make games in the interim. Delta and IBO probably aren't in because they aren't done/weren't done when the game started development, and probably the same with MJP if they were waiting for the movie/episode 25.

Iunno about Valvrave, though. It could have fit in with a game with Cross Ange. Maybe they *are* saving it for a game with Geass? In those cases, next game might be IBO/Delta/MJP, and that'd be a decently big splash. You could put in Akito the Exiled too, though that'd chain you to including original Geass as well, and Z2 was so Geass focused that iunno if they'll include it again for a while.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Done during production, nothing. I think SRW normally waits a while after completion to avoid spoilers.

Actually I thought the number was three years but maybe someone really wanted Cross Ange in.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Two years, and it was more an observable trend than a stated rule.

Endorph posted:

Oh, gundam thunderbolt'd be cool too, but the problem there is that the Zeon side of that movie is way more sympathetic than the Feddie side.

Just switch it to AEUG vs Titans, my dude.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

I recently watched all of Tekkaman Blade, and I would pay an inordinate amount of money for that show to be given the full console SRW treatment.
The bigger question is, how much of that money would go to microphone/audio equipment insurance?

Willo567 posted:

Other than the creepy stuff in Zero, was it really that bad?
It's...okay. The creepy stuff is front-loaded, so once you get past those early chapters it improves a bit. The whole multiple realities concept gets handled a tad inconsistently, but it's not the worst thing ever made. It is equal parts weird and crazy, but unfortunately we're not going to see much of those things because Shin Mazinger Zero is an "Units Only" entry. Maybe they'll use a few character designs from the manga (Dr. Hell is the most likely candidate for this), but probably not much. Also, it features the incredibly buff Dr. Hell announcing his evil plans to the U.S. government while lifting the President over his head by said man's scrotum. So yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, it features the incredibly buff Dr. Hell announcing his evil plans to the U.S. government while lifting the President over his head by said man's scrotum. So yeah.
with recent events in mind, im all for that

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was watching the last PV again and Hathaway uses Funnel missiles. That seems incredibly wasteful.

Oh Snapple! posted:

My dream is a console SRW that treats GGG as well as W did.

Would buy W HD.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

KoB posted:

I was watching the last PV again and Hathaway uses Funnel missiles. That seems incredibly wasteful.

I wonder how much more wasteful they are than OG's MTD missiles.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

The bigger question is, how much of that money would go to microphone/audio equipment insurance?

I just want to hear Takehito Koyasu totally hamming it up, the screaming from Morikawa is an added bonus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Remote weapons are apparently pretty cheap to manufacture, it's the psycommu system that's difficult.

Fun fact: the novel version of the Elmeth has funnel missiles. Nuclear funnel missiles.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
My dream cast is R-Type in a SRW.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

MonsieurChoc posted:

My dream cast is R-Type in a SRW.

Oh man, they could probably make a SRW spinoff just based on shoot em ups. Blowing away a big core with a Raiden fighter or shooting down the Stone-like with the Vic Viper would be amazing.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Cave's got a bunch of neat one-off stuff with planes as well with the occasional Actual Usable Plot

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Silvergun1000 posted:

Oh man, they could probably make a SRW spinoff just based on shoot em ups.

Fantasy Maiden Wars?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
On an unrelated note, is GC any good? The graphics and mechanics look weird but the cast list is tempting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

Fantasy Maiden Wars?

technically those are also based on fighting games

• Locked thread