Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

Which ones?

Logan something and that G dude we see in the morning, whose name I cannot spell because I forgot it.

We had them in one drop and they were running PPC gauss builds and talking all sorts of poo poo, so the next drop we had them in, I decided to be a goon. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
You are doing the lord's work.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Skoll posted:

I got a 48hr ban for TKing streamers. I guess you guys will have to somehow survive two days without me.

the trick is not to tk them but just spend the entire match shutting them down via flamer.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I prefer the stealth tk where you gun them down from 600m while they're in the middle of a firefight

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It's not easy waddling towards someone at 59 kph that you intend to kill while they're in a Timberwolf.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
That's why you give him a friendly legging first, and tell the guy you just want to help improve his skills!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Next time I see him and we're on Grim Plexus again, I'll just ask him to stop while I go from one end of the drop zone to the other.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

hey, are there any must-have colors on sale during mechsmas?

Something something i hear there's a really ugly/garish/great jade falcon one?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

TheParadigm posted:

hey, are there any must-have colors on sale during mechsmas?

Something something i hear there's a really ugly/garish/great jade falcon one?
gently caress, I totally missed there was a sale on colors, thanks for reminding me.

Here's what's left:
Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Jade Falcon
Dec 21st, 10 am PST to Dec 23rd, 10 am PST

House Marik and Free Rasalhague Republic
Dec 23rd, 10 am PST to Dec 25th, 10 am PST

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
thanks for putting up with me again, good times!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
HFGL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If you want to rip limbs off friendly mechs get a Griffin, an XL300 and splat them.

"Sorry dude, I don't have artemis and my shots go like everywhere."

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Other than 10 less tons and no jump jets and a higher visibility cockpit with higher mounts, what does the Ebon Jaguar do differently from the Timber Wolf? Maybe some more agility? I have fond memories of the Ebon from MW4 so I want to get it for that but my cbills are limited. :( I'm still working towards the Hellbringer thanks to MWII.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Artificer posted:

Other than 10 less tons and no jump jets and a higher visibility cockpit with higher mounts, what does the Ebon Jaguar do differently from the Timber Wolf? Maybe some more agility? I have fond memories of the Ebon from MW4 so I want to get it for that but my cbills are limited. :( I'm still working towards the Hellbringer thanks to MWII.

It's smaller (lower mostly), has less armor and I think more pod space.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DancingShade posted:

It's smaller (lower mostly), has less armor and I think more pod space.

Hm. Shame. I don't think that's enough for me to spend my slowly earned c-bills on it. :( Not right now, at least.

I loved the Cauldron Born in MW4: Mercenaries. It was a cool looking mech. Hellbringer will at least bring something a bit different to the table.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Artificer posted:

Hm. Shame. I don't think that's enough for me to spend my slowly earned c-bills on it. :( Not right now, at least.

I loved the Cauldron Born in MW4: Mercenaries. It was a cool looking mech. Hellbringer will at least bring something a bit different to the table.

Don't let me put you off it. The Cauldron Born is a great mech still in MWO - you're just looking at the armor of a 65 tonner instead of a 75 tonner.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Don't let me put you off it. The Cauldron Born is a great mech still in MWO - you're just looking at the armor of a 65 tonner instead of a 75 tonner.

Right! Of course, but there are so many other fun and good mechs, some of which I also have nostalgia for, that can bring things to the table that I can't play with at the moment in MWO.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
lol don't take a Hellbringer over a Ebon Jag, are you loving nuts?

Ebon Jag can do plenty. It's essentially a little bit lighter Timber but without JJs, that's not bad at all. If anything, being smaller gives you way less of a target profile. If you buy a Hellbringer, you're pretty much stuck forever as ECM laser vomit.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

lol don't take a Hellbringer over a Ebon Jag, are you loving nuts?

Ebon Jag can do plenty. It's essentially a little bit lighter Timber but without JJs, that's not bad at all. If anything, being smaller gives you way less of a target profile. If you buy a Hellbringer, you're pretty much stuck forever as ECM laser vomit.

did you read my post or what

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Artificer posted:

did you read my post or what

Yes, And I'm telling you you're dumb if you buy a Hellbringer over an Ebon Jag since you implied you're leaning that way.

But whatever, dude, your cbills. Take the more fragile mech that doesn't have Endo and can barely fit gently caress all.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Skoll posted:

Yes, And I'm telling you you're dumb if you buy a Hellbringer over an Ebon Jag since you implied you're leaning that way.

But whatever, dude, your cbills. Take the more fragile mech that doesn't have Endo and can barely fit gently caress all.

My point was that the ebon jaguar is an awesome mech but does very similar things to the Timber, which I already own. I would like to spend my c bills in a way that covers as many gameplay/gimmick styles (and my personal nostalgia) as possible.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
How have they not managed to rerelease on GOG or something?

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010
Just reinstalled after a very long hiatus, friend of mine said the game was "good" again.

Not that I'm going to find out, the servers went down half way through my first game. :sigh:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Yeti Fiasco posted:

the servers went down

Maybe this is what he meant by saying it was good again

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

How have they not managed to rerelease on GOG or something?

The defining facet of all things Battletech and MechWarrior is the absolute clusterfuck of licensing rights.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Between Activision, Microsoft, the Unseen and god knows what else I'm not even aware of...

I imagine trying to release MW2 and 3 on GOG would be nothing short of hellish.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hunchbunch last night was entertaining. Then we drank more and had ~deep thoughts~ time. Never play games without goons.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The hunch bunch owns.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

There is one fun build with a Hellbringer, a LB-20 and all the SPL's you can cram in with ECM to boot. Pull the TComp and put in a couple more heatsinks if it's too hot, but this is manageable on most maps.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 22, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What are some other good all one mech type groups that hit weight limit of 12 goons

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ZenVulgarity posted:

What are some other good all one mech type groups that hit weight limit of 12 goons

12 SPL novas would be a hell of a thing

12 UAC/2 HBK-IICs would be better

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

armchairyoda posted:

There is one fun build with a Hellbringer, a LB-20 and all the SPL's you can cram in with ECM to boot. Pull the TComp and put in a couple more heatsinks if it's too hot, but this is manageable on most maps.

You could always drop to just 1 SPL in the left arm, drop the TComp to a Mk I and then add a heatsink and another ton of ammo.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

12 SPL novas would be a hell of a thing

12 UAC/2 HBK-IICs would be better

The hunch bunch 2C. I'm not sure novas would work because they are much more fragile than a hunchback but, its worth a try :getin:.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

2c isn't exactly a tank either.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The HBKIIC is really good at making GBS threads out damage and has really great poking fire points, but it dissolves like wet tissue paper if things look at it. If you guys want to focus on getting better at trading, doing standoff fighting, and concentrating fire on specific targets it is a really good mech. If you just want to run at people and swarm them it is really, really bad.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah but you'd be swarming them with 48 UAC/2s

it'd be hilarious

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I'm also a little pissed at the 2c right now due to the 2cERPPC pop tart thing that's becoming disturbingly popular. So. loving. Annoying.

Did some twitch superstar just popularize them or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Never not hunch.

• Locked thread