Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Fire damage double dips with ignite, so if your WI build uses ignites, fire is superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Hooplah posted:

Probably more like 10c. You're being way too stringent on your search terms. Here's how i'd search for similar stuff - http://poe.trade/search/arousamegehuya

There's an open suffix to craft another resist though. I'd expect them to sell for 20-25c personally.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Budgie posted:

There's an open suffix to craft another resist though. I'd expect them to sell for 20-25c personally.

He could also go 68% ES and hit near 200 ES(I think) and double resist boots with that much ES and 30% MS go for a bit more as well. Also hooplahs search is in standard.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I want a couple of opal rings with fire damage and life but holy hell. Even regular white opal rings go for a solid amount.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I want a couple of opal rings with fire damage and life but holy hell. Even regular white opal rings go for a solid amount.

5 chaos is a solid amount(BSC)?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Holyshoot posted:

5 chaos is a solid amount(BSC)?

I see 13c for online people right now and yea for a white item that's a pretty good amount, lol.

Oh, whoooooooooops, my filter went to standard instead of breach. Disregard!

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 21, 2016

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Hooplah posted:

Probably more like 10c. You're being way too stringent on your search terms. Here's how i'd search for similar stuff - http://poe.trade/search/arousamegehuya

Budgie posted:

Holyshoot posted:

He could also go 68% ES and hit near 200 ES(I think) and double resist boots with that much ES and 30% MS go for a bit more as well. Also hooplahs search is in standard.

Cool, thanks.

I'll set to 30c and go down from there, see who bites. These aren't Skyforths, but it's the first time I've gotten something out of my 200+ times chancing sorc boots

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

He could also go 68% ES and hit near 200 ES(I think) and double resist boots with that much ES and 30% MS go for a bit more as well. Also hooplahs search is in standard. I'm

Whoops! I guess poetrade messed with my defaults when they updated

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Flying Spaghetti posted:

Playing this build right now. It levels fast and clears very well with Sunder. I swap to the static strike for Boss fights. Most expensive item is the new The Surrender shield, but it is not required at all.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1647240

Goddamnit.

I've been playing this whole time at 70% block thinking "I...guess I could maybe at some point try to max it out?", forgetting entirely that the very first Ascendancy node I took gives +8% block on being damaged recently.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Thom P. Tiers posted:

That sold for 3ex, considering the time it was up I think it was a good price

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Iv been trying to make a build work with Uul-netols's embrace. The axe that casts bone nova on kill. Im clearing T10 maps without much trouble except when I get oneshot out of the blue.
Any ideas on what items I should attempt to get/upgrade next or improvements on passive tree?

Character Leninspins
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Leninvs/characters

I have mabye 100chaos to my name atm.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

LeninVS posted:

Iv been trying to make a build work with Uul-netols's embrace. The axe that casts bone nova on kill. Im clearing T10 maps without much trouble except when I get oneshot out of the blue.
Any ideas on what items I should attempt to get/upgrade next or improvements on passive tree?

Character Leninspins

Is there a reason you leveled cast when damage taken/immortal call? Buy new ones from normal and see if you die as much

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

just used to leveling everything I guess. So I should keep both at level 1?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
CwDT at level 1, IC at 3. CwDT threshold for activating increases as it levels, but you want that sucker to pop as often as possible with IC. Any active gems need to be at or below the level requirement of the CwDT gem, so IC can't go past level 3.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

LeninVS posted:

Character Leninspins

put enlighten in your other weapon set and get fortify on your leap slam.

spec out of Lust for Carnage (west of Unwavering Stance); you're spending 6 skill points on 40% increased life leech per second. Take 3 points to fix your connections and put the other 3 in the scion life wheel

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
get some jewels you nerd

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
any goon HC guilds doing the ladder? i'd like to actually party with someone

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Jinnigan posted:

put enlighten in your other weapon set and get fortify on your leap slam.

spec out of Lust for Carnage (west of Unwavering Stance); you're spending 6 skill points on 40% increased life leech per second. Take 3 points to fix your connections and put the other 3 in the scion life wheel

I see the three points around lust for carnage, but where are the other three you are talking about?
il try and buy up some good jewels tonight.

Shamshel
Sep 20, 2003

Angel of phallic symbols
So, while I know that every build that could be already has been, I am still rolling my own guardian SRS/aura build. [BHC]

here is my current skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...-7wH_no-tL-SQ==

I'm planning on going hybrid life/ES: what nodes should I be prioritizing? I can start filling in minion damage nodes, or faster casting/spell damage nodes. Am I better off going through the witch starting area for all the ES and mana? is minion instability and the minion nodes by it worth that long of a detour?

thanks in advance for any input! TinyDoggos is the character in question: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Polanyi/characters

Shamshel fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 22, 2016

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So it looks like POE won't display your XP/hr if it's negative.

Speaking of, how should I be improving KoreanWalmart? The IC setup is bad, but I'm not even sure if I should have it at all. I occasionally get one shot by physical damage - should I buy Kaom's Heart? I feel like the whole setup is a mess other than the weapon.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I was tired of getting stunned even with Valyrium so I respecced my duder and got unwavering stance. I traded ~110% increased crit and 10% accuracy for unwavering and another jewel. I picked up a Topaz ring with +40% lightning resist, 35% WED, high rolled lightning to attack, and a little bit of accuracy for 4 chaos. Then I got a jewel with 25% lightning resist, some es% and lightning%. End result: I lost a tiny bit of crit and accuracy, became totally immune to stuns, and ended up doing ~15% more damage than before. Oh, and my resists are no longer borderline impossible to juggle because I'm not dealing with the -40% from Valyrium.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Does Life Gain on Hit do anything for SWT? Swt isn't an attack. Even if it was, seems like a waste.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If anything it'd heal the totem, not the player. Put Added Fire Damage in there instead.

Your CwDT/IC/FW should be a level 1 CwDT setup, not fully-leveled.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
He's probably avoiding added fire damage because I think what he's doing with the totem is using it to proc EO, but empower or something would be better.

I say this as someone who once made a axe-based SWT witch full-fire conversion build: your build is goofy as hell. I love it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Think you mean EE and not EO (although he has both), but now I see that. AFD would be bad then. If not Empower, perhaps Blind? Increased Duration is always an option.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I always confuse EE and EO :downs:

Blind would probably be some nice QOL, or recolour it and slot in Faster Casting

What are your HP and resists at, Tulip? I ain't doing math here. I'm sure the Kaom's ring is some good regen but seems like you're giving up a lot of HP/resists between the two rings and the gloves.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Just a quick sanity check: The Formless Flame/Inferno's "Armour is increased by uncapped Fire Resistance" is referring to your global total armour, and not the specific armour value of the Helm itself, yes?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

LeninVS posted:

I see the three points around lust for carnage, but where are the other three you are talking about?
il try and buy up some good jewels tonight.

You're picking up a lot of leech, but not very much life. You will also start missing a lot if you don't pick up a lot of accuracy on gear, but rather than that you should be looking at Resolute Technique.

Here's what I would do instead:
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAQAAO8UA...7alNfVhAAAAAAA=

E: forgot a jewel, level ends up being very high, but there's quite a lot of life on it so you can take some of that last.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

AegisP posted:

Just a quick sanity check: The Formless Flame/Inferno's "Armour is increased by uncapped Fire Resistance" is referring to your global total armour, and not the specific armour value of the Helm itself, yes?

Yep. Just like the other "uncapped x resistance" items. I have 402% lightning resistance which translates to 402% increased critical strike chance.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Does SRS really need the +2/3 to fire gems (staff) or can I put it on a 6 link body armor and still get most of the damage?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Really needs it, as the level boost increases the base damage, which then gets scaled by everything else.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Grammaton posted:

Does SRS really need the +2/3 to fire gems (staff) or can I put it on a 6 link body armor and still get most of the damage?

It'll be a massive damage loss.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How's the clear speed on that max block glad for those playing it? I have a bunch of glass cannon build that are stuck around t7 maps, i need a tanky character to push maps higher for currency I think.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

queeb posted:

How's the clear speed on that max block glad for those playing it? I have a bunch of glass cannon build that are stuck around t7 maps, i need a tanky character to push maps higher for currency I think.

I basically gave up on it because I just couldn't get the damage up enough for most bosses. Trash mob clearing was pretty quick though. Not sure what I was doing wrong.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm up to T9s, though I don't typically clear very fast to begin with. Bosses will take a while, but trash clearing is typically fine, and breaches are great.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can grandpa totems do the breach areas? Having to keep moving to keep the timer up seems like it could be difficult. I have a 75 brototem chieftain I gave up on but maybe I'll try him out again.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ThePotatoMasher posted:

any goon HC guilds doing the ladder? i'd like to actually party with someone

Im seemingly constantly (slowly) re-leveling. Rodent is always pushing the HC ladder. Not really sure who else is playing BHC.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

queeb posted:

My dude's fine (WhatABloodyMess) :shrug:

There's certainly some mods/bosses I suck at (drat you Shock and Awe :argh:), but when I'm rolling I'm consistently over 100M XP/hr and most bosses I just stand there and cast Blade Flurry a bunch until they die. The ones that do a bunch of tiny hits die faster thanks to Violent Retaliation (last time I faced Ephij I got 80 blocks within 4 seconds, so 8x damage boost there :circlefap:). Most of my deaths have come from hubris/1 shots (just shy of 4k life unfortunately)/hubris-induced one-shots ("Sure, I can take on twinned corrupted Gorge with %100 fire/%100 cold added damage!").

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Do firestorm or flameblast benefit much from + fire gems, or mainly SRS does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch

Bugsy posted:

Im seemingly constantly (slowly) re-leveling. Rodent is always pushing the HC ladder. Not really sure who else is playing BHC.

is that your ingame name?

• Locked thread