Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

This is a problem larger than Hillary Clinton.

The conservative wet dream of a Convention of States is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

logikv9 posted:

you are all deranged

I must admit, the label is growing on me.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Princess Di posted:

Ok. I can see that. Why did they sit on their hands while Republicans gerrymandered everything they could get their hands on, for instance.

I think we are on the same page, sorry about earlier.

We're cool. It happens a lot in this thread.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

maybe we should focus on making those 400 DNC members progressives, instead of anointing a progressive figurehead who has to publicly throw other progressives under the bus in order to be accepted by the establishment

Am working on it but it's not gonna happen in time for the DNC chair election, although I would also like to see him not throwing us under the bus as we try god damnnit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joementum posted:

Perhaps the problem is both the message as well as the messenger?

Naw, Russia.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Grondoth posted:

I DID NOT REALIZE YOU WERE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE

Yea idk who the heck bought this avatar for me. I wasn't sad that Hillary lost in the least :confused:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I don't like anime.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GlyphGryph posted:

We're cool. It happens a lot in this thread.

people get impassioned, its just the smug elitism that can be toned down just a smidge

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

stop 👏 trying 👏 to 👏 make 👏 deals 👏 with 👏 the 👏 gop

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Aurubin posted:

I don't like anime.

You seen that one where a panda runs a cafe? It's p ok

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

político posted:

Sixty-two percent of Democrats and independents surveyed said the twice-failed presidential candidate shouldn’t mount another campaign in 2020, and only 23 percent would be excited by her campaign if she did

Hm would you look at that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

we dont need all of those racists anyways

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Holy poo poo a quarter of Democrats would be "excited" by a third Clinton run.

Edit: Over a third would be ok with her running again.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GlyphGryph posted:

Holy poo poo a quarter of Democrats would be "excited" by a third Clinton run.

PURGE THE HERESEY

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(wait, warhammer jokes are still a thing with goons, right? was that even a warhammer joke? i don't want to actually have to buy warhammer figurines because the last time i got high off paint fumes the judge gave me thirty days and i'd really like to not miss a month of work)

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Grondoth posted:

Yes, the democrats have flat given up in a lot of states. The state of the party is shameful, and anyone who says otherwise is living in denial. We can't afford to just sit in a few cities and pretend everything's fine. They've lost the local and state government battles for decades and influential spokespeople don't seem to get that from the ground fuckin' up democrats need to get their asses in gear and do actual politics work. I wrote this back when the thread all seemed to understand this:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

:11tea:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

If you aren't already getting involved, do it, and if you are make sure to post everything you've learned about the process in the DPP thread!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

ngl i thought di was tbs's probie account for a while

I do get massive amounts of probations but I don't have an alternate. I'm like a prob magnet

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Yea idk who the heck bought this avatar for me. I wasn't sad that Hillary lost in the least :confused:

Yeah, when I got mine I knew what I did and I was pretty sure who gave it to me.

And it was so funny to me...

:roflolmao: :smugdon:

See, there are silver linings to a Trump presidency.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know what these emotes mean.

If you're doing a pot-kettle-black thing I'll have you know I've posted my frustrations about getting involved in my local democratic party a bunch and that's what led me to that post

If that's a "wow even in NY" post we're on the same page here, cause it's ridiculous at how hard it is to get officially involved, it's easier in NYC to find some other organization like the New Kings Dems than it is to get involved with the party.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

comedyblissoption posted:

i'd also like to think she lost in part due to her warmongering but i didn't see any exit polls about it

I filed her disastrous Senate votes and SecState career under 'Queen of Baggage' otherwise I'd have worn out a keyboard with the full regal name and title of Dread Abuela

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Grondoth posted:

I don't know what these emotes mean.

If you're doing a pot-kettle-black thing I'll have you know I've posted my frustrations about getting involved in my local democratic party a bunch and that's what led me to that post

If that's a "wow even in NY" post we're on the same page here, cause it's ridiculous at how hard it is to get officially involved, it's easier in NYC to find some other organization like the New Kings Dems than it is to get involved with the party.

You hit the nail on the head the second time.

The tea kettle is me fuming.

There is no excuse, NYC is bathing in cash and they are running a political party like a failing corner deli.

Then they trot out loving Bloomberg during the DNC convention...

:11tea::11tea:

Yeah, just wow.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Princess Di posted:

There is no excuse, NYC is bathing in cash and they are running a political party like a failing corner deli.

Yeah, just wow.

Welcome to the desert of the real

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

And a few of those states have chambers that are hanging on with +1 or +2 D margins.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Princess Di posted:

See, there are silver linings to a Trump presidency.

of course

it means you get to drink more :q: and at least it will expose some serious and ugly flaws in the system that can't be hand waved anymore

which means you can take their head and slam it on the desk of issues and go "loving look at this poo poo. LOOK."

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lastgirl posted:

of course

it means you get to drink more :q:

i have been training for years and i had no idea for what

now is my time to shine :radcat:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Princess Di posted:

Yeah, just wow.

It's really hard to not be really fuckin' pissed at the democratic party as a whole

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

It's really hard to not be really fuckin' pissed at the democratic party as a whole

they deserve the anger, so i dont see anything wrong with it.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Agean90 posted:

they deserve the anger, so i dont see anything wrong with it.

It's bad for my heart

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the dems, at their convention, trotted out a man who had threatened to run as a spoiler candidate if their own candidate had been someone else :lol:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

DNC analysis: Needs more Parks & Recreation gifs

Serf
May 5, 2011

geez, I leave the thread for a couple hours to finish up The OA and this is what I come back to?

lol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Serf posted:

geez, I leave the thread for a couple hours to finish up The OA and this is what I come back to?

lol

It was good, right

Serf
May 5, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

It was good, right

no, absolutely not. It was loving fantastic until about halfway into the last episode and then it melted down harder than I've ever seen

loving garbage rear end show

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Serf posted:

no, absolutely not. It was loving fantastic until about halfway into the last episode and then it melted down harder than I've ever seen

let me amend that: it was worth watching, right?

it would be indefensible of me to say that they didn't flub the landing. They flubbed it loving HARD. The structure for these mystery shows is either: 1)she's revealed as a fraud, but it turns out she actually isn't! or 2) she's revealed to be real, but then is actually a fraud. They ended up doing some weird mixture of mostly neither of those. I think they had a plan for the "movements" to end up being some elaborate fight choreography for the big finale, but then realized it was way too complicated and just settled for "it distracts the shooter". and so it sucked! sucked!

But goddamn it was so well made and beautiful and raised cool metaphysical questions, which automatically makes it better than 90% of the other real garbage rear end shows out there

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

that's why god created fan fiction

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

of course

it means you get to drink more :q: and at least it will expose some serious and ugly flaws in the system that can't be hand waved anymore

which means you can take their head and slam it on the desk of issues and go "loving look at this poo poo. LOOK."

Business Gorillas posted:

i have been training for years and i had no idea for what

now is my time to shine :radcat:

:cheers:

:kiss:

Serf posted:

I hate shows like that sometimes more than shows that are straightforwardly bad.

The disappointment leaves one feeling cheated somehow.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

let me amend that: it was worth watching, right?

it would be indefensible of me to say that they didn't flub the landing. They flubbed it loving HARD. The structure for these mystery shows is either: 1)she's revealed as a fraud, but it turns out she actually isn't! or 2) she's revealed to be real, but then is actually a fraud. They ended up doing some weird mixture of mostly neither of those. I think they had a plan for the "movements" to end up being some elaborate fight choreography for the big finale, but then realized it was way too complicated and just settled for "it distracts the shooter". and so it sucked! sucked!

But goddamn it was so well made and beautiful and raised cool metaphysical questions, which automatically makes it better than 90% of the other real garbage rear end shows out there

I agree with this post.

Public Service Announcement: Do not watch netflix original The OA. If you choose to ignore this advice and watch The OA, please turn it off after episode 7 and make up your own ending, because literally anything you could come up with would be better than the audiovisual reaming out I just endured.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Oh Snapple! posted:

the dems, at their convention, trotted out a man who had threatened to run as a spoiler candidate if their own candidate had been someone else :lol:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this.

:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/gavinsaywhat/status/811733421294780418

• Locked thread