Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DLC almost never works across regions not even like european english version and US english version

I did some research and I think if I buy the season pass on Japan store, both accounts can use it...I hope...Because I actually want more of this game haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sharkopath posted:

i wish there was someplace to talk about the ending that wasnt full of braindead dumdums that didn't understand anything that happened in the story because its been stuck in my head lately.

If you find one let me know. I really liked the ending and the whole theme of the game as a whole, and I think I can say that it's one of my favorite FF games warts and all.

I've put nearly 70 hours into the game and I still haven't explored the west side of the map. I know there's a tomb over there and also a super secret dungeon, but I've been busy racing chocobos and upgrading weapons. I'll probably go back to the arena and try to get all those items before getting the last kingly weapon.

Foxhound posted:

There is one endgame dungeon that is particularly painful if you don't have magic of a specific element available. It's still doable if you're in the postgame but takes forever.

What's the name of this place so I know going in what to be prepared for?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's the name of this place so I know going in what to be prepared for?

I can't remember, i wanna say it's the fourth one? You will get a bunch of dungeon quests with increasing level requirement, starting from the lowest one.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Foxhound posted:

I can't remember, i wanna say it's the fourth one? You will get a bunch of dungeon quests with increasing level requirement, starting from the lowest one.

Costlemark? Where the entrance is usually closed?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

Costlemark? Where the entrance is usually closed?

There's a lady in the encampment by the mountain who will give you the dungeon quests after you've beaten the game.

Costlemark, which I have not run yet, simply opens after dark.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Cool cool. I've beaten Costlemark and need to find that lady for the deep dark dungeon menaces. I haven't been to that encampment yet so I guess that's my next stop.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Apparently the NG+ is only easy/normal and nothing changes so at this point it basically exists for people who want to play the story over again, which kinda sucks but they'll probably add a hard mode soon.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Foxhound posted:

There is one endgame dungeon that is particularly painful if you don't have magic of a specific element available. It's still doable if you're in the postgame but takes forever.

No story spoiler, just encounter spoiler:

There are flans that have pitiful HP but are immune to all physical attacks (even those done with weapons that do element damage, as well as armiger and royal weapons) but are weak to one or maybe two elements (while absorbing a third). You either bring enough spells that you can kill them before running out or you cheese it. The way to cheese it if you're in postgame is use the ring and dodge everything and Ignis' magic attack. Oh and there are at least two variations of this monster with different weaknesses.

Theres actually a very easy way to defeat them.... not gonna say what it is though :twisted:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Theres actually a very easy way to defeat them.... not gonna say what it is though :twisted:

Prompto's gravisphere :smug:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
jfc the dungeon under steyliff.

I don't want to see another Tonberry for the rest of my life.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Soundtrack is out in a bunch of places.

E: oh man its so good havong clean balanced audio without the game mix, so many of these tracks o remember liking a bunch end up plain amazing.

The crystal theme and Stand Your Ground (regular battle music) are sooo good. Same with all the bosses.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 22, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Stand Your Ground is maybe my favorite FF non-boss battle track of all time. It's like JUST lighthearted enough

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

goferchan posted:

Stand Your Ground is maybe my favorite FF non-boss battle track of all time. It's like JUST lighthearted enough

I wish I remembered the context for apocalypsis noctis because it's intense and badass and I love it.

e: turns out its one of the bosses

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 22, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think the holiday pack is out in Japan.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just bought the season pass...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just bought the season pass...

Welcome.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's easy to land if you're a pro :smugdog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsqFhxfB_8Y

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
jesus

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

folder
Oct 9, 2016

I'd stop him but he's just about to work out the recipe.

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This game is fun and kicks rear end. Having beaten it though, I can without a doubt say that it needs a "hard" more for sure. Being able to "+999 Hits" the final boss isn't very challenging or rewarding. None the less. my photo of Cindy probably helped me get that combo.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Clearing out a dungeon and banking 100k experience and then sleeping at the 30,000 Gil hotel, ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Clearing out a dungeon and banking 100k experience and then sleeping at the 30,000 Gil hotel, ftw

same but it was 250k exp and brought me from lvl67 to 82

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I am in love with this game, I have a question though: so far the finesse score seems to be don't get hit and do cool stuff, is there really anything else to it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hoping santa leaves FFXV under the tree.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sleng Teng posted:

I am in love with this game, I have a question though: so far the finesse score seems to be don't get hit and do cool stuff, is there really anything else to it?

Blindside links and parries.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Blindside links and parries.

I think deathblows and other ally triggered special moves count for it too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The FFIX PC port keeps crashing on me. I was kind of having fun playing Tetra Master even though it's not as good as Triple Triad.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got killed in the dungeon with loads of level 7 goblins, but also a lvl 52 guy that you can't escape from.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

I got killed in the dungeon with loads of level 7 goblins, but also a lvl 52 guy that you can't escape from.
Same, it owned. One of my favorite moments in the game. Reminded me of the best parts of FF12.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love when games have things like that. It's the best part of open world design when it's there

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

super sweet best pal posted:

The FFIX PC port keeps crashing on me. I was kind of having fun playing Tetra Master even though it's not as good as Triple Triad.

tetra master makes this gamer confused

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fishing is lvl7 now, Surivalist is lvl9, and after that I'll fight the adamantoise for the plat. I think I'll do all of Rudolph's quests first for the epic weapons tho.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://clyp.it/dbn1psfr

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm in chapter 11 I think now. Just started my vacation so I'll probably finish up soon. I have a lot of thoughts about the game, particularly the structure but I'll save them until I'm done.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I want to ride my chocobo all day~

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My to-do list to 100%

- Final Bounty/game trophy (Adamantoise)
- Final key dungeon (Costlemark)
- Fish collection
- All ability levels*
- Car crashes
- Wounded people
- Photo spots
- Max Ascension*

*if I don't get these before the others I'm just gonna leave it because I'd rather not farm for anything, especially not after beating everything there is to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I maxed the fishing skill, caught all the legendaries, and have some hot tips that really helped me get a handle on the fishing mechanics that should probably be explained better in the game.
  1. Don't hold down R2 to reel in. Tap it instead. This will save an incredible amount of durability, and I daresay is a necessary tactic for catching legendaries.
  2. Ignore the rumble. -- Instead, pay attention to the screen prompt. If the line icon shows up saying Line Stress or w/e, THAT's when you stop reeling.

Ignoring the rumble is scary at first, but from my experience it doesn't actually mean anything. You only lose durability when the tension prompt is on screen. I caught Liege of the Lake with 800 durability leftover using this tactic.