Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

in that case, dayton should have considered beating northwestern, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

bballwife4life, huh? i guess you could say she's........................................................married to the game :smugmrgw:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

Yeah it was tied deep into the second half. This is an all time bad Drake team too, which is saying something. They genuinely might be the worst team in D1.

Also lol

https://twitter.com/tommybirch/status/810310283423928320

ISU playing like garbage and then talking poo poo on the other team after the game is my new favorite tradition

Swagger

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/MoCarterWZDX/status/810579063647731712

Wooglin
Sep 5, 2002

Yikes

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska lost by 8 in Lincoln to Gardner-Webb, and Tim Miles lost some of his few remaining shreds of support around here

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Matey posted:

kansas state beats colorado state, colorado state remains the cooler school due to being in state with legal weed

That's like number 5 of 146 reasons.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Caleb Swannigan with 21 points / 21 rebounds so far against Western Illinois

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Elon's jerseys are cool except for the horrible colors

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Go Cats! gently caress a cardinal.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Grayson Allen needs to be taught a lesson.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Go Cats! gently caress a cardinal.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress duke and gently caress grayson allen more specifically

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This is the year we beat Oakland soundly, right? No, probably not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In the least surprising news of the year, the Braggin' Rights is some pretty bad basketball.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Please just end Mizzou basketball already

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I'm loving listening to these guys ripping Grayson Allen and Duke. Even Bilas was getting on him during the broadcast. Also liked when Seth Greenberg insinuated Duke gets special treatment from the ACC.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I'm loving listening to these guys ripping Grayson Allen and Duke. Even Bilas was getting on him during the broadcast. Also liked when Seth Greenberg insinuated Duke gets special treatment from the ACC.

ban grayson allen

and duke for good measure

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Whoa

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oakland has a dude with a tattoo of God's hand reaching down with a huge basketball

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Oakland has a dude with a tattoo of God's hand reaching down with a huge basketball

that dude sounds cool

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

32 pts, 20 reb for Caleb Swannigan tonight, back to back 20/20 games against a pair of cupcakes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha that video of Grayson Allen losing his mind after being T'd up for tripping another guy
https://vine.co/v/50KKTiuzjPD

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
How has someone not kicked Grayson Allen's rear end yet?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
poo poo :(

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

bah, we beat ourselves there.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
how the hell did Syracuse lose by 33 points in the Carrier Dome to St. John's? that's a 48-point swing on Kenpom

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Sure would be dope if SC would let its best player play (or at the very least, explain why he's been suspended forever). Tough to argue that we wouldn't be undefeated with him in the lineup this month.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA survives a predictably awful game against Cal to pick up a decent enough true road win. One week till Louisville, and the two best defenses in the country going at it in utterly unbearable fashion.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
The only thing Louisville is the best at is 15 second quickies.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My man Nigel putback dunked all over Rutgers.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This has been a lovely year all around, especially for MSU sports.

At least basketball we can reasonably blame it on injuries.

At this point the only realistic goal is to somehow find a way to make the tournament, but not making it wouldn't be a disaster- we'll be just fine with Langford, Winston, Ward, and especially if Bridges decides to stick around another year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Fire Izzo imo

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

MourningView posted:

Fire Izzo imo

I know, how dare Izzo, legendary coach with tons of Final Fours, a national championship, and a lot of B1G Titles, do poorly in a season where 2 of our reasonably competent bigs are injured for the year (probably, at least), not to mention currently our most talented player is out with an injury, and as a result we're forced to play former walk-ons.

Man can't coach, no excuses :argh:

/sarcasm

(yes I know you're joking)

E: And despite being down 15 at one point, we win!

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 28, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Alvin Ellis is the most nondescript player in Spartan history and he singlehandedly kept that came close enough for a comeback to be possible.

Also I saw someone sincerely argue that Mark Dantonio should be fired this year so there are probably people that genuinely believe that about Izzo.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Thank you Dennis Smith Jr for becoming better than Cat Barber

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

What Virginia is doing to Louisville tonight is kind of terrifying.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is not very good yet, this is a terrible matchup, and Purdue can't miss. We might lose by like 50

E: and I think Tyler Cook just got hurt again so that's rad

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Iowa player blows wide open dunk, gets T'd up for hanging on the rim

• Locked thread