Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vengarr posted:

You haven't lost a turret in 9 whole games? :wow:

Have I only played 9 games in it? It felt like more. I was waiting for friends to get the Arizona and the Warspite so we could make Freedom Fleet, but they got very bored of the game and went back to Tanks :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I wasn't even trying to be a dick there, it was more "Wow how the hell has he never lost a turret in a Dunk? I gotta see his stats--"

But yeah the turrets are definitely fragile and I knock them out semi-regularly when I see Dunks. 225mm of armor (and pretty flat angles dead-on) vs. 410mm shells is a recipe for getting hammered.

e: I'm a derp, 225mm is the casemate armor. The Kirk's turret armor is 330mm, which is a lot better, but it's still got those flat surfaces which (probably) explain why they get penned so often.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 21, 2016

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Vengarr posted:

If I aim properly (top of the bow), I have a very good chance of either A. knocking out one of your turrets, because they aren't well-armored, B. hitting the superstructure and doing damage or C. hitting your bow and overpenning for full damage. I'm not worried about getting citadel'd by a Dunk any more than I am a Kongo, I'll happily angle enough to bring all my guns to bear (unless I'm in a NC in which case 6 guns is just fine).

To me, it seems to work as a ship mainly because people at lower tiers are not used to dealing with the bow-on meta.

It works because pubbies are dumb. It's a bit gimmicky, but the gimmick works well enough with the dispersion on most BBs that more poo poo bounces or misses than not. I'll assume you're a good to very good player. Luckily most players aren't. In terms of losing a turret it does happen from time to time. I lost one last night, but tanked something stupid like 150k damage. Finished with 4 barrels and still did another 20k damage on the way to a nice win. It's not an end all be all ship for sure...and once someone gets around your gimmick :shrug: GG. It's funny though. Especially against the British cruisers.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Eh? The French navy in ww2 was chock full of fascists

What are you talking about? I'm only talking about the fire chance on the Dunqs HE. Not the actual French armed forces of any period!

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

The Prong Song posted:

I just had someone accuse me of poor moral standards for hydro'ing him in his Blys from my Maass.

Maass is jailbait so I gotta agree with him. :pedo:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Vengarr posted:

If I aim properly (top of the bow), I have a very good chance of either A. knocking out one of your turrets, because they aren't well-armored, B. hitting the superstructure and doing damage or C. hitting your bow and overpenning for full damage. I'm not worried about getting citadel'd by a Dunk any more than I am a Kongo, I'll happily angle enough to bring all my guns to bear (unless I'm in a NC in which case 6 guns is just fine).

To me, it seems to work as a ship mainly because people at lower tiers are not used to dealing with the bow-on meta.

I've never lost a turret. I have been detonated twice from torps to the bow though. The key you missed though is aiming right plus rng being with you. That is a lot to ask of many. This isn't helped when I'm also fiddling with the throttle the entire time too causing shells to overshoot or splash the water in front of me.

As I said, you are bow on which presents a thin target relatively speaking. This is what I meant about the enemy needing the rear guns. that dispersion as a dunk is a blessing. You'll get a few shells in, but dispersion is going to put a few in the water around the ship as well.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

ranbo das posted:

One of the holiday achievements involves getting a torpedo hit on a carrier with a ship-launched torpedo. loving lol.
Can you still get the achievements done in coop like the last time they had holiday ones? Because if so that'd make it easier.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Insert name here posted:

Can you still get the achievements done in coop like the last time they had holiday ones? Because if so that'd make it easier.

That's what it looks like. Still looks like a fuckload of XP to grind, though.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

People aren't quite sure what to do with the z-52 yet, citting cruisers from 7-10km is a blast though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Great day to play low tier cruisers :) Lots of things to hunt in the Danae and it's effective enough to take advantage of poorly piloted DDs. Going to wait for the luster to leave the German DDs though. Not enough BBs to torp at the moment :(

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Yeah, if you want to grind up British Cruisers this is the time to do it.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/69278-where-are-the-christmas-convoy-missions/page__st__180__pid__1509914#entry1509914

quote:

The camouflages/ships are included in other regions in a campaign, that is rather challenging - and tied only to the Graf Spee ownership. While it is possible to get the ship for free during a 4-week campaign, that would leave a precious little time to get the convoys.
For EU server, we have decided to enable access to the camouflages as standard Premium camos, directly in the game client - thus giving more players a chance to get them.
We decided not to use regular tech tree ships as mission reward.
Another change will be the sales themselves - instead of starting with the most expensive package and gradually unlocking others - something we know you do not like too much - we will follow our usual policy and we will be launching all bundles at the same time.
We will of course track numbers and follow the feedback and yes, I realize these facts should have been included in the today's article - the situation would have been clearer I guess.

Rip EU goons

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Bahahaha, this shima was so goddamn mad at me in my z-23. He was completely at my mercy.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

*Runs low on detonation flags, takes them off some ships*

*Is detonated by the opening salvo in the next round*

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Well, now you have more det flags.

I have over 500 at this point (got two x250 containers with em) and I still don't use them. Figure I'll use them on T9+ ships and Ranked.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Phi230 posted:

I just finished Japanese Destroyer Captain and it is time to DD

Hell yeah. I know that feeling.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

EU has never gotten free stuff, there's no reason that would change now.

Vengarr posted:

Well, now you have more det flags.

I have over 500 at this point (got two x250 containers with em) and I still don't use them. Figure I'll use them on T9+ ships and Ranked.

Run them on high tier DD's, you need them.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrKatharsis posted:

Hell yeah. I know that feeling.

Operation Ten-Go is like getting matchmaking on a bad WOWS team

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

TheFluff posted:

EU has never gotten free stuff, there's no reason that would change now.

Run them on high tier DD's, you need them.

Guess I'll see. I have Benson, Akatsuki, and Hatsuharu unlocked and just waiting for the Shipmas sale.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

So at the start of a match, a pink Montana player on my team asks if anyone plans on insulting him. Naturally this elicited a few joke responses like "maybe, depends on how you do" and "lol u suck." He then unloads a full volley into a friendly Tirpitz that had responded, killing himself with the damage reflection. The Montana player says that he had asked a serious question. :stare:

If you see casper_gunner in a match, ask him if he's been working on his anger issues. Or maybe ask if he's been outside lately because goddamn.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Bahahaha, this shima was so goddamn mad at me in my z-23. He was completely at my mercy.

I'm super salty that the Lo Yang gimmick has been stolen and done better. :arghfist::saddowns:

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
this patch is a disaster, I used to not have to see goddamn anime boats and now I do how do I fix this and turn them back into normal myoko's

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

The Third Man posted:

this patch is a disaster, I used to not have to see goddamn anime boats and now I do how do I fix this and turn them back into normal myoko's

Turn the filter off in the ship carousel.

You know, like the patch notes say.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Seems like a silly thing to do though.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Seems people are pretty salty about not being able to do the free ships task with the free graf spee. As the final task to get it unlocks on the day after the Christmas convoy finishes.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

But those free ships are all regular tech tree ones anyway, aren't they? Pretty sure I've already upgraded past most of them.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Sperglord Actual posted:

But those free ships are all regular tech tree ones anyway, aren't they? Pretty sure I've already upgraded past most of them.

Yeah but you get free premium camo for the ships and the last two missions are extra premums for the graf and tirpitz.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Welp.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Sometimes I can't really tell if Wargaming is diabolical, or just assholes. At least the base price of the ship is cheap, and I wouldn't mind a fancy Bayern, or the credits from getting other ships.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Usually I would be like "welp, I have no money and no interest in playing that much because I don't think I'm that good."

But Christmas is coming around...

Cripes.

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

Sometimes I can't really tell if Wargaming is diabolical, or just assholes. At least the base price of the ship is cheap, and I wouldn't mind a fancy Bayern, or the credits from getting other ships.

Looks like they changed it and said it was a typo. It needs to be completed before the 18th. So you should have a week to do the ship campaign.

Edit :And the Santa thing is back, so they will be making mad money now. And it's totally not gambling.

Wibbleman fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 22, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Gambled on two $5 santa boxes, got a Tirpitz and an Ishizuchi. I'll take it.

E: Bought some more and got a Kutuzov. I'm loving done I've used up all my luck.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 22, 2016

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Got an Ishizuchi and 1500 doubloons. Alright, I guess.

Edit: Rolled for another one and got *another* 1500 doubloons. I wouldn't have minded a tier 8 ship, you stingy bastards :argh:

OSad fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Dec 22, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I bought myself an Admiral box and got 35 lovely camo, so gently caress all of you

Edit: And another 35 lovely camo

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 22, 2016

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
ishizuchi and lovely camos. apparently insert name here took all the good stuff

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Apparently, KM DDs cannot stealth fire at all whatsoever. I suppose this fits in line with them removing stealth fire completely in the future, but I do view them differently now coupled with the lowest duration smoke.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

OSad posted:

Got an Ishizuchi and 1500 doubloons. Alright, I guess.

Edit: Rolled for another one and got *another* 1500 doubloons. I wouldn't have minded a tier 8 ship, you stingy bastards :argh:
I spent ~$52 CAD (~$70 if you count the ones I bought for a friend) on various $3 and $5 boxes. In total I got:
$3: 1000 gold
$3: Emden
$5: Tirpitz
$5: Ishizuchi
$3: 25 Dragon Flags
$5: 1500 gold
$5: Kutuzov
$5: 35 Gamescom camo
$5: 1500 gold

Tirpitz is ~$70 CAD so even counting the ones I bought for a friend I still came out ahead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's you, you've taken everything.

35 resting fire camo, and 35 Ocean Soul camo.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Tirpitz is ~$70 CAD so even counting the ones I bought for a friend I still came out ahead.

When you spend 52 US dollars on internet boats, I highly question the idea of coming out anywhere but ahead.

That being said I am mad loving jealous of that lucky Tirpitz get.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

OSad posted:

When you spend 52 US dollars on internet boats, I highly question the idea of coming out anywhere but ahead.
Ahead in like, a relative term man :saddowns:

Funny thing was I was thinking about how I wanted both a Tirpitz and Kutuzov and how I'll likely never end up actually buying them because I whale the gently caress outta this game but the rate they release premiums that I want tends to be fast enough I usually buy the new premiums instead and then today happened and I was like welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I got 5 admirals boxes, and got 5 Ishizuchis.

Translation, I got one Ishizuchi and 10,000 doubloons.

Edit: 5 Captains boxes, 4 emdens 25 dragon flags. Aka 1 Emden and 6000 doubloons.

Elusif fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 22, 2016