Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There's a lot of things wrong with tone but that splash damage from his gun as a pilot has to be at the top of the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ronin is probably my favourite titan for pilot hunting actually. the dash plus phase plus run speed means they have a hard time running away from you and the sword is way more devastating than the fist just because of the size of the area it hits, with the shotgun for getting people who are just out of reach. running around the map killing pilots, grunts and spectres while you make your way over to attack titan fights from the side/rear is great. also worth mentioning is that arc blade does something like half of a reapers health in damage so you can quickly kill them with that plus a couple of crit shotgun shots

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It's amazing to me how many pilots jump right at titans just for me to liquefy them with a punch.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
gently caress tone with a rock. It's a shame pilot V pilot is dead in Australia. Would love to try it.

I love the flatline and doubletake even though every one uses the hemlock or CAR...

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The Titanfall prequel is looking like it's going for slightly slower gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04Jt3Zux7A

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yo, N4D, I'll take a Dew code if you've got any left!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

soggybagel posted:

It's amazing to me how many pilots jump right at titans just for me to liquefy them with a punch.

Yeah, it's amazing how many people think they can get away with that before they realize that Titan melee actually tracks pilots if they are jumping/grappling right in front of you like that.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Think I've sent everyone codes. If you still haven't gotten the skin or execution lmk I can maybe throw more your way

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I'll grab a code if you still have some left

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Think I've sent everyone codes. If you still haven't gotten the skin or execution lmk I can maybe throw more your way

I have the buffalo wings nosepaint, is the Execution a separate one?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
With Legion regen, it's time for Scorch. It's like all the speed of Legion while requiring you to work ten times harder to win.

At least during the double xp weekend I'll be able to grind up some softballs or whatever weapon is silly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Alehkhs posted:

The Titanfall prequel is looking like it's going for slightly slower gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04Jt3Zux7A

It'd better boot up with "REACTOR ONLINE" when it's finished.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

^^^ also needs a thumbs up function ^^^

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have the buffalo wings nosepaint, is the Execution a separate one?

There's an exclusive execution where you fill the enemy titans cockpit with mountain dew to drown the pilot or something

edit that's not true but it is an exclusive execution

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 22, 2016

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The execution you can get from dewritos codes is a pilot execution where you stab them in the throat with your data knife thing. It's awesome and I'm glad my one code gave me that, although the ion skin would be neat too.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Inspector Hound posted:

There's an exclusive execution where you fill the enemy titans cockpit with mountain dew to drown the pilot

Actually, they have to mash Square to drink it all. If they do, they get the Stim tactical.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Actually, they have to mash Square to drink it all. If they do, they get the Stim tactical.

And then an obnoxious dudebro voice shouts "GAMEFUELLLLLLLL" outta nowhere.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

If you've got any more codes I'd love to snag one too.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Titans should have shoulder emblems. Just nose art and camo isn't enough.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Nothing better than immediately Ion laser shotting a guy who stole your battery.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

soggybagel posted:

Nothing better than immediately Ion laser shotting a guy who stole your battery.

I prefer Titan-punching them for a sense of "MY BATTERY!"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It really shouldn't have a glowing orange icon with a battery above their head. It makes it too easy...and I'm on console. On a pc I imagine whipping around and lasering them is 10x easier.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Agreed it's already super easy to nail pilots that took your battery,there's no need for a hud element that makes it even easier.

Honestly though bad players are just gonna get shot no matter what and good ones (or ones using low profile) are going to get away with it most of the time. Regardless of the orange icon.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I prefer Titan-punching them for a sense of "MY BATTERY!"

I punch battery thieves of friendly titans, then step back and waggle my gun down towards the battery to indicate they should pick it up. Then they run away and I'm like "No! I will save you, idiot!" and hop out to pick it up and run after them. Then I die trying to chase them down.

This scene may sound like comical hyperbole but it has played out so many goddamn times. :ughh:

Also when dudes give me batteries I spin around to face them and waggle my gun to say thanks. Still waiting on the thumbsup DLC...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Now that you mention it, emotes, especially Titan emotes would have been great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Titanfall 2 sorely needs a quick-command wheel. Just being able to pop stuff like "[PLAYER] NEEDS HELP", or "I NEED A BATTERY".

Emotes that also work in Titans would be fantastic too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

As a pilot I keep finding really great cover after I steal a battery then I forget about the indicator and tone's splash damage

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I wish you could drop the battery, or hell, toss it away, maybe even weaponize it? If you shoot the battery it should explode.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
thats a good idea. itd be cool if you could use it as a pilot and it acts like a stim or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get it should carry risks, it is pretty drat hard to escape with it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Should have an arc grenade affect on the Titan you steal it from. I mean after all you just stole it's loving battery.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Nothing infuriates me more than getting air kicked, but nothing makes me happier than when I do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhIfFGQZgNo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I get it should carry risks, it is pretty drat hard to escape with it

Yeah. If they're on the ball with their smoke or you had a bad landing and have to scramble a bunch on them you're going to be dead before you even get off of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Get rid of the orange box on the HUD and get rid of low profile.

Sort of related (due to how hard it is to jump off a titan sometimes if someone uses smoke) but if there was one single thing I would like to see added to this game it's a button I could hold down to not grab anything. Pilots are such unbelievably grabby fucks. I just want a button to ensure that I won't scale the Titan that runs out of nowhere in front of me, and makes it's so I don't start parkouring all over the place if I try to jump in a window at a weird angle.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I'd prefer a button to mount a friendly or enemy titan. Seems to be a common complaint, wonder if they'll do anything

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

You know what I miss from TF1? Maps with ziplines.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Titanfall 2 sorely needs a quick-command wheel. Just being able to pop stuff like "[PLAYER] NEEDS HELP", or "I NEED A BATTERY".

Emotes that also work in Titans would be fantastic too.

I kind of get annoyed with people saying "HEy I need a battery someone help me out", because if anyone has a battery (at least in the goon groups I play in), it gets announced. If you're yelling that you need a battery and no one has a battery on them, it's not going to happen realistically and you come across kind of like a child. Throw yourself in front of that giant robot and put your life at risk so I can have a bit more health in my giant robot!

Supporting friendly titans is cool but really calling out that you have a battery and asking who needs it is far better than calling that you need one.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Sort of related (due to how hard it is to jump off a titan sometimes if someone uses smoke) but if there was one single thing I would like to see added to this game it's a button I could hold down to not grab anything. Pilots are such unbelievably grabby fucks. I just want a button to ensure that I won't scale the Titan that runs out of nowhere in front of me, and makes it's so I don't start parkouring all over the place if I try to jump in a window at a weird angle.

Hey, an enemy titan! I'll just grab on to that! *forever clip through it*

Hey, a direction I wish to go! *forever grab on to every friendly within 50 feet*

Of course nothing beats grabbing a battery, slamming it into a friendly, and then jumping away to find out you still have the battery because net code is really hard you guys.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I love that these count as Archer kills.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm late but I was going to post this video... My PSN name is Nude_Tayne_ :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Vlex posted:

You know what I miss from TF1? Maps with ziplines.

But now you have the grappling hook.

Titanfall 2: Now you are the ziplines