Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

Omega Supreme, Metroplex and Fort Max disagree with you.

omega supreme is interesting but metroplex and fort max are tremendously boring non-characters who turn into nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I would have preferred it if they'd reinvented Broadside's third mode as a Cybertronian giant spaceship thing like Astrotrain, I think it would have fit better for a giant guy. But I guess it's easy enough to pretend that's what it is, and that cockpit's just a giant skylight.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

omega supreme is interesting but metroplex and fort max are tremendously boring non-characters who turn into nothing

I like the idea of a robot that turns into a city that other robots live in but I won't pretend it's ever been done well. Bland "white plus primary color(s)" coloring isn't helping a bit.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Monkey pawed

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I do seriously wonder if there's a way to flatten those legs out. Doesn't look like it. Broadside looks way better than his prototype did, though, and that headsculpt will look great on other robots.

Other than Arcee there

DoctorWhat posted:

This is why IDW Fort Max is best Fort Max

And generally in the best parts of MTMTE's run

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Haha this sure is a hilarious photoshop. right? :ohdear:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That sure is a pink Hot Rod

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That has to be a joke. The face is exactly the same as Rodimus'.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Cripes, awful enough it's a mediocre Hot Rod but to inflict that horror on Arcee as well? Bad Hasbro, bad!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I could see them using Hot Rod as a jumping off point for retools, but not a straight palette swap. The head is a big giveaway.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

I could see them using Hot Rod as a jumping off point for retools, but not a straight palette swap. The head is a big giveaway.

The head that comes off and is easily switched out. Also Blurr is probably closer to Arcee's altmode anyway.

Hopefully it's just a pallet swap job to illustrate the idea before working on a new head. And hopefully there will be a blue one in a nod to a better iteration of the character.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
In the 80's, we almost got a Headmaster Arcee that was just G1 Chromedome in pink.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If they do do Tidal Wave from Broadside as rumored, they should use the Takara/show colorscheme so he ends up colored like Ramjet in jet mode.

Also Tidal Wave's US toy colors are a mess.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have purchased TR Breakaway.

He is now Lightfoot in my collection, forever.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hey the guy from Semisonic I am loving my Metal Earth Megotron, I have the entire lower legs assembled and I am having such a blast with this kit. I have only had to reconstruct one part with hot glue due to bad instructions and my own dumb fault. Thanks again for the great gift.

I won $100 gift card to Walmart at my holiday party so I am going to use a chunk of it to buy all the Metal Earth Transformer kits for a upcoming trip.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Spiderdrake posted:

This is why IDW Fort Max is best Fort Max

And generally in the best parts of MTMTE's run

I'd kinda like to see a IDW Fort Max Leader class maybe. They already have been giving them base modes..

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gammatron 64 posted:

In the 80's, we almost got a Headmaster Arcee that was just G1 Chromedome in pink.

Yeah but the production image only showed the transformed mode, it still probably would have been a different head.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TFRazorsaw posted:

He is now Lightfoot in my collection, forever.

One of maybe two Transformers that are canonically Canadian.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No new TFs in weeks and weeks, starting to go through withdrawls so I had to do something

I dunno.

Also I found a seller with amazing feedback selling that OS Bruticus for $95 shipped.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Rythe posted:

Hey the guy from Semisonic I am loving my Metal Earth Megotron, I have the entire lower legs assembled and I am having such a blast with this kit. I have only had to reconstruct one part with hot glue due to bad instructions and my own dumb fault. Thanks again for the great gift.

I won $100 gift card to Walmart at my holiday party so I am going to use a chunk of it to buy all the Metal Earth Transformer kits for a upcoming trip.

Haha, they have all 4 sets at my local comic shop. I should have loaded you up on those! :v:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

That Broadside looks amazing. Is it Armada Tidal Wave that everyone's in love with? I was out of the game by then although I came to pick up a load of them in job lots and/or jobs I worked on years ago.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Hey, Capt. Rainbowbeard, thanks again for the gift! I just got a chance to open them up and have a look. Brainstorm is awesome, and he's my favorite color!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Goldskull posted:

That Broadside looks amazing. Is it Armada Tidal Wave that everyone's in love with? I was out of the game by then although I came to pick up a load of them in job lots and/or jobs I worked on years ago.

Tidal Wave is legitimately one of the best figures in Armada

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

No new TFs in weeks and weeks, starting to go through withdrawls so I had to do something
What's the retail on these? I've been considering it, although the voice chip going off in the Peaugh review was downright revolting

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Spiderdrake posted:

What's the retail on these? I've been considering it, although the voice chip going off in the Peaugh review was downright revolting

All 5 are $115 on Amazon which is... iffy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

If not the best.

Spiderdrake posted:

AzraelNewtype posted:

All 5 are $115 on Amazon which is... iffy.

I did not pay that much (purchased through work) but they are pretty goddamned big. I will put a few comparisons together later tonight.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah the combined mode seems huge. No head articulation though, sadly.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just went to the local comic store and walked out with the Revolution MTMTE and LL #1, plus a RoTF Ransack. He's pretty cool. He's staying in Vehicle mode though, cause of movie designs.

While looking him up on TF wiki, I saw Reverb. I now really need to find one because he looks just like the Go-bot Dart, who I could never transform right.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

Yeah the combined mode seems huge. No head articulation though, sadly.

16" tall as stated on package. $115 ain't bad for 4 detailed limbs with accessories and a bigger torso with electronics.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

the guy from Semisonic posted:

Hey, Capt. Rainbowbeard, thanks again for the gift! I just got a chance to open them up and have a look. Brainstorm is awesome, and he's my favorite color!

Brainstorm is a million times better than Blurr, I'm glad you like them!

Here's a picture of my awesome new R-Gyagya Gundam, with my modified Tyron from last year's Secret Santa, and Kreo Slingshot, Warpath, Bludgeon, and Rampage.

Not pictured: duplicate Slingshot, the delicious champagne and beer jelly beans, and crispy M&Ms. There was an... incident, and they were devoured. (Not the extra Slingshot, though it was a close call.)

EDIT: I forgot about Animaniacs! Guys I also got volume one of the Animaniacs cartoon, which also happens to be exactly my jam. :) I was too busy posing these guys to remember.

Thank you, mysterious benefactor!Revolver Bunker! You are a generous guy.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 22, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpazmasterX posted:

16" tall as stated on package. $115 ain't bad for 4 detailed limbs with accessories and a bigger torso with electronics.

They're a good size when not combined.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Brainstorm is a million times better than Blurr, I'm glad you like them!

Here's a picture of my awesome new R-Gyagya Gundam, with my modified Tyron from last year's Secret Santa, and Kreo Slingshot, Warpath, Bludgeon, and Rampage.

Not pictured: duplicate Slingshot, the delicious champagne and beer jelly beans, and crispy M&Ms. There was an... incident, and they were devoured. (Not the extra Slingshot, though it was a close call.)

Thank you, mysterious benefactor!

Ah, I forgot to add my SA name to the card. You're very welcome! Hope you liked all of it. I wasn't sure if you had animaniacs yet or not.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Revolver Bunker posted:

Ah, I forgot to add my SA name to the card. You're very welcome! Hope you liked all of it. I wasn't sure if you had animaniacs yet or not.

I forgot about Animaniacs! Guys I also got volume one of the Animaniacs cartoon, which also happens to be exactly my jam. :)

Thank you Revolver Bunker! You are a generous guy.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK
God, look at this daft bastard. Colour scheme chosen by the knockoff department.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Yes, yes he is, especially in these colors.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I forgot about Animaniacs! Guys I also got volume one of the Animaniacs cartoon, which also happens to be exactly my jam. :)

Thank you Revolver Bunker! You are a generous guy.

You're very welcome! Merry Christmas!

And a big thank you to The_Doctor for arranging this each year.

Rythe posted:

I'm a fan of the Energon "Tactical" Green repaint.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 22, 2016

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

A mere repaint of Broadside wouldn't do Tidal Wave justice. You need the turrets.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rythe posted:

I prefer his US Toy/Video Game color scheme personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Minicon activated swivel nipples were pretty good.