Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm having a weird issue where the first mission I do after logging in is fine, but whenever I try to do a second I get repeated connection issues and kicked out. Restarting gets me another mission before I have to restart again. Anyone else had a similar issue? I'd rather not cut a ticket since it's the holidays and by the time I get a response I'll probably be back on my main computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Oh hey new sparring weapon

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Please someone call the warframe developers and scream at them to remove endo from the sortie table for me.

Like I get more endo in the statues I find around than the last four sorties where I just get 2k endo. Why would I want thaaaat from a sortie.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Terbulus posted:

Oh hey new sparring weapon

:dance::slick::woop::slick::dance:
FINALLY!!!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Approximately what date did modding change from the screwy tree-style thing to cards? I'm trying to figure out when I started playing, and I think that change was before open beta.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

hooah posted:

Approximately what date did modding change from the screwy tree-style thing to cards? I'm trying to figure out when I started playing, and I think that change was before open beta.

The screwy tree-style thing was closed beta I'm pretty sure. AKA over 4 years ago :v:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Earliest thing I remember changing was the health bars, those used to be up near the top of the screen iirc.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hell, that was before I started playing. I'm pretty sure when I started you had cards for each of your abilities and that was Nov 2013.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Mithaldu posted:

heavy spoiler about the infested door :

The giant lunar pitchers make me hope for a Viridi-esque minigame.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The new story quests felt out of sync with the existing Tenno stuff. The older lore was that they were considered half mad from surviving void exposure but then they got factions at the relay like they had lots of traditions and were a warrior caste but the player character's story made it sound more like it was a unique case of with a group of child survivors that the Orokin struggled to deal with until they got their transference powers repressed and somehow after that the warframes/Tenno/betrayal happened with you not reaching adulthood.

That's probably wrong and I got the wrong impression as everything else has Tenno as a large and long established group. Still I think the Tenno being a couple of hundred individuals with mostly unexplained powers a fluke event to be a better story instead of a totally-not-ninjas-with-dojos warrior caste.

I did like that reveal from Tenshin that sounded like the immortality of the Orokin elite was to steal the bodies of the young.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 22, 2016

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Fish Noise posted:

The giant lunar pitchers make me hope for a Viridi-esque minigame.

I'd be completely down with that.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

MMF Freeway posted:

They are good in that the slide attack is a beast with a guaranteed slash proc, but you have to spam slide attack non stop to get the most outta them so they are annoying to use imo.

There is a program called autohotkey you see.

XButton1::
Send {w down}
Sleep 100
Send ^e
Sleep 300
send {w up}
return

ElegantFugue posted:

Oh hey, according to the Glast Gambit page, they're adding both Secondary AND Shotgun rivens in the Glast update.
Are there any shotgun families that are actually just plain bad? Even the Strun has the Strun Wraith that can hit 100% status super easy, right? It'd be kind of funny if the shotgun rivens all end up with faint dispositions.
Edit: Oh right, Convectrix. Forgot that was even a thing.

The tentacle tickler is a shotgun.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Carecat posted:

The new story quests felt out of sync with the existing Tenno stuff. The older lore was that they were considered half mad from surviving void exposure but then they got factions at the relay like they had lots of traditions and were a warrior caste but the player character's story made it sound more like it was a unique case of with a group of child survivors that the Orokin struggled to deal with until they got their transference powers repressed and somehow after that the warframes/Tenno/betrayal happened with you not reaching adulthood.

Yeah the original lore was lotus waking you up as one of the very few as the system burns and you basically being a lone survivor type of thing and rushing off to this tiny liset thing that kept you alive by being super tiny and invisible, instead of having a 3-bedroom floating apartment with a lander on top. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of lotus being spacemom to a bunch of spaceteens storyline they went with. I much preferred space:ghost:

Also I remember the tree system, where catalysts were used to unlock branches, and instead of getting powers by level, you would get points to spend in those trees. So you could have an unpotatoed rhino with only two powers, for example. Get the gently caress off my front lawn ya drat kids

E: I still have the gorgon I built when it just came out and was a godlike sniper-machinegun.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Naturally Selected posted:

Yeah the original lore was lotus waking you up as one of the very few as the system burns and you basically being a lone survivor type of thing and rushing off to this tiny liset thing that kept you alive by being super tiny and invisible, instead of having a 3-bedroom floating apartment with a lander on top. I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of lotus being spacemom to a bunch of spaceteens storyline they went with. I much preferred space:ghost:

Also I remember the tree system, where catalysts were used to unlock branches, and instead of getting powers by level, you would get points to spend in those trees. So you could have an unpotatoed rhino with only two powers, for example. Get the gently caress off my front lawn ya drat kids

E: I still have the gorgon I built when it just came out and was a godlike sniper-machinegun.

That version of the story was less cool than where they went, sorry mate.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm having a lot of fun with the Sicarus Prime on Mesa. Good damage, pairs well with Peacemaker, dumps out crits like nobody's business. A Good Buff. Now all I need a goofy Riven for it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Echophonic posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with the Sicarus Prime on Mesa. Good damage, pairs well with Peacemaker, dumps out crits like nobody's business. A Good Buff. Now all I need a goofy Riven for it.

Is Mesa actually good, and when do I get it? Because I sure as hell want to be a cyber space cowboy ninja if it's even halfway decent.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSc76XQscA

To quote Malachite Dragon:
THIS MUST BE THE WORK
OF AN ENEMY STAND!

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Mesa is a real bastard to get. You need mutalist alad v keys from invasions then pray to the rng gods he doesn't feel like a jerk in his drops.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Echophonic posted:

I'm glad for the buffs they did but I wish they'd buffed Latron Prime too. It's 5% more base crit away from being fairly consistently useful.

It's dumb that the Wraith version is better than the Prime. :v:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm glad for the buffs they did but I wish they'd buffed Latron Prime too. It's 5% more base crit away from being fairly consistently useful.

It's dumb that the Wraith version is better than the Prime. :v:

They should've buffed the Tiberon and Sybaris in the same patch. The Burst Weapons Patch.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Night10194 posted:

Is Mesa actually good, and when do I get it? Because I sure as hell want to be a cyber space cowboy ninja if it's even halfway decent.

Well, I'm finding her pretty strong. There's some survivability from Shatter Shield (especially with the augment), a bit of a team damage buff from Shooting Gallery, and some spike damage from Ballistic Battery. The big flashy bit is Peachmakers and it's really solid. You basically turn into a turret, move your view around the room as you automatically anime-shoot everything your crosshairs move across for a good chunk of damage if you have a good sidearm.

I bought her when the frame was on sale a while back, the usual way is to fight Mutalist Alad V.

Maybe don't listen to me, though. I now have a 5-Forma Sicarus Prime and routinely run Limbo for fun, so my taste in gear is a bit questionable. Oh yeah, her fashionframe endgame is pay-to-win, since her best helmet, in my opinion, is Tennogen.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Dead Eye is worth every penny.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Echophonic posted:

Maybe don't listen to me, though. I now have a 5-Forma Sicarus Prime and routinely run Limbo for fun, so my taste in gear is a bit questionable. Oh yeah, her fashionframe endgame is pay-to-win, since her best helmet, in my opinion, is Tennogen.

What does it look like?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I prefer Falcon over Dead Eye, but both are valid options. I just dig the brim over the face look, adds to the wild west-y feel.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Naturally Selected posted:

They should've buffed the Tiberon and Sybaris in the same patch. The Burst Weapons Patch.

Dex Sybaris is already pretty nasty. Tiberon needs more love though. I need justification for the four forma I put into it. :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

DarkDobe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSc76XQscA

To quote Malachite Dragon:
THIS MUST BE THE WORK
OF AN ENEMY STAND!

What am I looking for here?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ningyou posted:

holy poo poo was there actually a "captain vore" at some point in this game's history because that is beautiful
I'm pretty sure that's just a typo, it's always been Vor. Also this is the first I've heard of Vor potentially being a lady at any point. It may have been an idea they were tossing around, but Vor's always been a dude in-game.

hooah posted:

March 18, 2013. That was the major change when the game went into open-beta.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Carecat posted:

That's probably wrong and I got the wrong impression as everything else has Tenno as a large and long established group. Still I think the Tenno being a couple of hundred individuals with mostly unexplained powers a fluke event to be a better story instead of a totally-not-ninjas-with-dojos warrior caste.

I did like that reveal from Tenshin that sounded like the immortality of the Orokin elite was to steal the bodies of the young.

This is mostly a case of people not comprehending what they're reading:

The things you describe are all simultaneously true. The Tenno had traditions and were a warrior caste. They simultaneously were actually children. That's part of the whole point of the Second Dream. Margulis put the Zariman children in the dream. They had no awareness of what they actually were until the Second Dream happened. During the Orokin Era the Tenno were simply the Tenno. It's possible they learned the truth shortly before the betrayal from Lotus but it's not clear as yet.

The timeline more or less goes like this:

->Zariman kids survive the Void
->Margulis puts them in the Dream. At this point they cease to be aware of their true selves
-> Margulis gets executed by Orokin Council
-> Zariman kids spend a long time in stasis
-> Scientists lead rampaging Rhino warframe prototype into Zariman kid holding area. Phenomenon of Transference is discovered
-> Tenno are born, fight in Sentient wars. Indeterminate stretch of time. This is the period of time where the talk of Tenno Schools and Traditions come from.
-> Lotus learns of what happened to Margulis and the truth of the Zariman children, instigates the Tenno rebellion
-> Orokin Empire falls, Tenno go into stasis while still within their Warframes. They still have no idea what they probably are at this point
-> Awaken in your Warframe in Vor's Prize. If Lotus ever told you what you were, a millenia of cryosleep made you forget.
-> Second Dream happens. This is the very first time the Zariman children identities and the Tenno identities have become one since Margulis put them in the Dream.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 22, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just a typo, it's always been Vor. Also this is the first I've heard of Vor potentially being a lady at any point. It may have been an idea they were tossing around, but Vor's always been a dude in-game.
Yeah it was likely residual information when it was dug out, potential lore and quest texts from who knows how long ago that hadn't been cleaned up. Now I'm not sure if it was Vor or Vore, it's been a long time since I've seen the document.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The timeline more or less goes like this:
Silver Grove puts Transference and Warframe development at a time when Margulis was alive: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silver_Grove/Quotes

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Yeah, Margulis was instrumental in developing the warframes and it was alive when proto-Rhino encountered the Zariman kids. It's from that incident that Transference was created. I think it's implied somewhere that it was actually her execution that marked the fomenting of the Tenno rebellion.

Also I think people really get into the lore in this game for the same reason they really get into the lore in stuff like Dark Souls. It's left for you to mostly explore and piece together from things scattered through the game, and everyone piecing together the bits and pieces fosters a sense of community and ownership.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah it was likely residual information when it was dug out, potential lore and quest texts from who knows how long ago that hadn't been cleaned up. Now I'm not sure if it was Vor or Vore, it's been a long time since I've seen the document.

Silver Grove puts Transference and Warframe development at a time when Margulis was alive: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silver_Grove/Quotes

Good to know. Doesn't contradict anything overtly though.

One can infer that the cultivation of the Tenno into a warrior caste probably prompted her blow up at the Council.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Found it! http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Gryphticon/Old_Pre-U9_Lore_Leak
There's stuff on pages 7-11, 32-39.

Page 44 suggests what appears to be a card-based mission generation system.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Broose posted:

Do you have motion blur enabled? For some reason the new high AA looks like your screen is smeared with Vaseline unless you got motion blur on. Steve said he's working on a workaround to be released asap.

Disabling Motion Blur did nothing to improve anti-aliasing. It just totally fails to do anything about the aliasing.

Before the last patch:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/156892437244674560/7B393A23F9DA89E23EAF06A2E7E7661DB041363D/
After the last patch:
https://a.pomf.cat/obniuv.png

Seriously, the method they used before the last patch was near perfect but right now it looks like garbage.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I guess I must be crazy, but I can see barely any difference between those images.

Also depending on what that primary weapon actually does, this might be the first full warframe pack I blow my plat reserves on.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 22, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

I guess I must be crazy, but I can see barely any difference between those images.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks a tiny bit more jagged but not enough for me to give a gently caress.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You should have kept everything the same if you wanted it to be visible.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Looks a tiny bit more jagged but not enough for me to give a gently caress.

Well, I wish I felt the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Have a feeling they switched from the image double/quadrupling style of AA to edge detection, which is waaaaay more efficient for the hardware, but yeah, does come with a very minor quality drop.